[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /v/ if I wanted to get into TES what ones are worth playing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: TES.jpg (25 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
TES.jpg
25 KB, 600x338
So /v/ if I wanted to get into TES what ones are worth playing exactly?
All worth playing through at least once or avoid one or two?
>>
>>342577149
Oblivion and Morrowind
>>
They're all worth playing through at least once. Start with morrowind and work your way up. Just be aware going from morrowind to oblivion you may be turned off by the copy paste dungeons least that's how it was with me.
>>
oblivion and skyrim. only play morrowind if you want a trip back in time to the olden days of gaming.
>>
>>342577149
Oblivion if you want the alive (NPC/town-wise) colorful world, but don't mind potato faces and level-scaling.

Morrowind if you want stats/roles that actually matter and neat world-building, but don't mind laughable visuals/animations and diceroll misses.

Skyrim if you want just straight-action and decent visuals, but don't mind the watered-down RPG mechanics.

Fallout if you get tired of the repetitive combat in all three and want guns.

Eventually in any case you'll want to start looking up mods about a day later though.
>>
>>342577149
play them all once at least. give them all multiple playthroughs, espescially morrowind
>>
>>342577483
This. Oblivion NPC's are hideous though
>>
>>342577149
Morrowind is outdated and plays like absolute shit

Not worth playing whatsoever
>>
>>342577149
don't let memers fool you.
Morrowind is decent but most of the shit in that game doesn't hold up.
to be expected of and older game like that though.

though to be fair it does have the best overall world imo. It's pretty fantastical unlike the others.
>>
I still play morrowind once every two weeks or so for a couple hours. I love making a new character and going from a guy that can barely fight a crab to a guy that flies across the and instantly killing everything in sight. Plus it feels good to learn to get good at the game and not get lost in the wilderness after 15 mins and have to make a new char.

I'd mod skyrim and play that. Oblivion doesn't offer much more than skyrim(IMO) and it's slightly more outdated. Morrowind is my favorite but it's super outdated.
>>
>>342577201
I wish oblivion had a dlc about the black marsh. When it happened the argonians not only repeled the invading daedra but also invaded them in oblivion and murdered them for their hearts. The Daedra were forced to/choose to close all of the open gates in the black marsh because of it.

I'd love to see a game about the black marsh but since only argonians can survive a large portion of it and it'd be pretty samey it wouldn't make a good game.
>>
>>342580441
As you said, it'd be great for a standalone DLC mission where you control an Argonian (or the Hero with an immunity blessing that runs out after a set time, giving a sense of urgency) to go help with the counter-siege there.

Although it's worth having that Shivering Isles pack too.
>>
File: 1465748419145.jpg (64 KB, 422x750) Image search: [Google]
1465748419145.jpg
64 KB, 422x750
Thanks guys, think it would be worth getting the Skyrim DLC for the "special edition" if I enjoy the main game and if they're still on sale? Or too early to tell if it'd be worth?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.