[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So we all agree that this is the best game of all time right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 11
File: tw3.jpg (48 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
tw3.jpg
48 KB, 320x320
So we all agree that this is the best game of all time right?
>>
File: 1466277722658.gif (932 KB, 258x258) Image search: [Google]
1466277722658.gif
932 KB, 258x258
I don't know about best game ever, maybe best game this gen. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
>>
>>342571276
Not even the best game this gen.

But a fantastic game regardless.
>>
File: pls delete.jpg (3 MB, 7656x2987) Image search: [Google]
pls delete.jpg
3 MB, 7656x2987
>"game"
>>
It is fucking top notch. I'm playing it now about level 6. Easily the best RPG in a long time, god if cyberpunk is as good as this I'm gonna have a great time.
>>
>objectively terrible combat

No

As much as I want to enjoy The Witcher it always falls short when it comes to the actual game stuff.

Also Ciri sucks ass and I don't care about her and even the devs said she's a mistake

I did enjoy seeing Yen cuck herself though
>>
it's easily the best game of the last 10 years, give it a few more years to settle before calling it the best of all time
>>
File: 1466452466275.jpg (3 MB, 3440x1440) Image search: [Google]
1466452466275.jpg
3 MB, 3440x1440
>>342571924
>Also Ciri sucks ass and I don't care about her and even the devs said she's a mistake

You do realize this makes your entire post null, right?
>>
File: 1446757329179.png (302 KB, 390x291) Image search: [Google]
1446757329179.png
302 KB, 390x291
>It's a "Witcher 3/Bloodborne fans think their game is the best ever" thread
>>
File: witcher3 2016-06-23 17-40-40-11.jpg (216 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
witcher3 2016-06-23 17-40-40-11.jpg
216 KB, 1920x1080
>>342571276
If it had better combat then it would be really up there
I would also argue that some parts of the story are not that good
Regardless an amazing game
>>
File: 1466467931287.jpg (199 KB, 1095x967) Image search: [Google]
1466467931287.jpg
199 KB, 1095x967
My wife's son recommended this entertainment software to me.
I liked it.
>>
If you're into plot and dialogue sure, if you're more of a gameplay person not so much
>>
>>342572381
No matter what dire sitaution Ciri finds herself in, it's good to know she never loses her mascara.
>>
File: 1466644291389.jpg (292 KB, 900x505) Image search: [Google]
1466644291389.jpg
292 KB, 900x505
>>342572758
Black magic, anon.
>>
I hope this pushes other RPG games to have better writing and dialogue. Particularly Bethesda.
>>
>>342572957
Don't think so, but at least in some E3 interview Todd admitted the Fallout 4 dialogue system and the lack of choices was garbage.
Let's pray more for CDPR to not get lazy.
>>
>>342573061
CDPR has said they can't go lower than the bar of TW3 already and I believe them. Only thing is you're gonna be waiting several years for them.
>>
>>342571276
>of all time
No. But it is pretty fucking good.
>>
i'd say its the first and so far, only truly next gen game. the jump from the second witcher to the third is pretty insane
>>
File: 35263.png (888 KB, 1920x566) Image search: [Google]
35263.png
888 KB, 1920x566
Witcher 3 was a very good chose your own adventure story with nice graphics,but combat that falls short and ends up being repetitive (inb4 muh difficulty) along with mmo monster hunt quests. Game would of been much better if they streamlined witcher 2 combat so it was less bamham style during human encounters along with removing open world and creating more immersive condensed levels
>>
>>342571276
it was good but its combat was not impressive at all
bloodborne beats it on the basis of soundtrack and combat
source on the best masterpiece OST in gaming history
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V9zxXN1rx0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RzA_Oomra8
>>
>>342573696
If Bloodborne ran at 60 fps it would be the best game ever made
>>
TW1&2 were anti-bioware
> Choices matter, guys!
>DRM-free, guys!

TW3 was anti-skyrim
> handcrafted open world, no randumb generadumb quests, yo!
> lively towns and cities filled with peeps, not empty and unrealistically small villages, yo!
> You don't like level scaling, we don't have level scaling, yo! (But we level scale the loot and put in level restrictions so we can level gate you hohoho)
>>
No
Nerds only like it cause they' think they're sticking it to the competitors. And nerds just generally like garbage things anyway, they sit around talking about garbage masturbating to fictional non fleshy women
And then the rest who like it are just dudebro's who wanna seem like they're interested in game's other than cod and the like and because they been condition to thin Game of throne's type setting is the in cool thing right now
>>
>>342575649
>no randumb generadumb quests, yo!

Are you fucking kidding me? Like 90% of the quests are just running from one side of town to the other a few times
>>
>>342576038
All that text and not a single fact or saying anything about the actual game.
>>
>>342576259
Explaining the psychology on why dummies would like it.
As for the actual game, it's not fun to play. The combat is shit and a chore. The quests are nothing special and just busy work, the story is stupid, and the main character is annoying, his face and his voice. At least I can't stand it
>>
>>342576038
Can you give me a better game for a games of thrones type setting?
>>
Yes it is.
/THREAD
>>
So I dropped the game for some reason about 7 hours in, when I was first getting the hang of it. Haven't played in months. Should I restart the game or hope for the best and continue my story? I'm afraid I'll forget things and fuck up my build or whatever
>>
>>342571276

Just about to start. I enjoyed Witcher 2 a lot (I played through Witcher 1 and I enjoyed it more than the average RPG but the combat was really shit). Will report back.
>>
Nope. I'm not one of those guys who complain about the combat. I don't mind it at all, it works for what it is.
But the game is repetitive as fuck. It gets boring quickly if you put a lot of time into it at once.
I had to take about 4 big breaks (A week or two) from this game just to finish the main storyline.
>>
>>342576874
Continue
>>
>>342573696
>generic orchestrated garbage with latin chants to make the player feel as if they're doing something grand but it's actually music churned out by a shitty video game orchestra

vs

>rustic sounding Slav-core wailing/ebin eastern euro instruments

We've had too much of the former to be this easily impressed, right?

Also BB's combat was subpar compared to games with real combat like Chivalry and DD
>>
I just started hearts of stone, and my god it's even better than the main game. I'm nearly at the end already because I just can't stop playing. I'm gonna be sad when it's over because the main story doesn't hold a candle to this expansion.
>>
>>342571276
Hahaha, no, not even close

I can't ride around for more than 5 seconds without some glitch happening

ASSassin's Creed had that shit down like 6 years ago
>>
>>342577168
Second question. Should I finish this game before attempting Bloodborne I'm shit at RPGs.
>>
>>342577427
>pirating the best game of all time
You deserve it
>>
>>342571276
The characters and world are top notch, but down at its core, the gameplay is nothing special and gets pretty repetitive. I still really like it overall though.
>>
>>342577514
Uhh, no. I have it through gog with both expansions

It's a great game, but it has some serious glitch problems
>>
>>342577470
Whatever you want dude. They're both good games it just depends what you want. They're completely different though, BB is much darker and somber.
>>
>>342577470
If you're shitty at these games I recommend playing W3 on an easy difficulty. The gameplay isn't that great to get worked up over and it absolutely makes up for it in everything else.
>>
>>342577169
Both are good. That "you can only have one" mentality is so fucking stupid, although I do prefer TW3's soundtrack.

And fuck you, BB's combat is miles better than Chivalry's.
>>
>>342571276
Ending killed it for me desu.

Felt like they really just cut a bunch shit out to leave it open ended.
>>
It was excellent. However, the combat, inventory system, and balancing was passable but left much to be desired. It made up for that with its story telling and atmosphere. I would still give my pick for goty 2015 to bloodborne.
>>
>>342578336
I never thought to compare BB or souls to Chivalry but I have to disagree based on the fact that BB is still 30fps
>>
>>342571276

its just a good game, anon. Is this your first year playing videogames?
>>
>>342572758

shes a stronk woman, that means shes automatically a good character
>>
>>342578583
And I have to disagree based on the fact that Chivalry's camera is a mess, and that's saying lot, since Souls games have shitty cameras, too.

>>342578702
Ciri's pretty fucking weak (emotionally) and insecure, anon. You should read the books.
>>
>>342578779
chivalry is first person

Are you thinking of mount & blade or something?
>>
>>342578868
Yeah, it's first-person, and the camera is still shaky as fuck. And considering that the pace of the gameplay is fast as fuck, that's annoying.

Or call it perspective if you want; my point is that it's very shaky.
>>
>>342579075
nothing in chivalry is as jarring going from a 60fps souls game to a 30fps not-quite souls game
>>
>>342579162
60 FPS is smooth, of course; but please, don't imply that Chivalry's shaky mess of a combat is objectively better than playing BB at 30 FPS.

FPS really are this generation's equivalent of "muh graphics".
>>
>>342579484
id rather jerk off with a brillo pad than play in 30fps
>>
>>342578275
I'm playing on the second from the top easiest. I was having trouble until I learned how to spam the shield spell and how to use the different dodge buttons.
>>
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 199x253) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 199x253
>So we all agree that this is the best game of all time right?

If you mean this then sure
>>
Adding the base game with the DLC makes it a strong contender for one of the best games ever made but you could argue this for eternity. Weak points for me, and most others, was the third act in the base game, it had too much pants on head retarded writing going on for no real reason. HoS was great, I can really find a major issue I had with it. Blood and Wine was amazing but I cannot understand what Regis' obsession was with claiming to understand Dettlaff. He claims over and over again that Dettlaff wouldn't do this and he wouldn't do that and he is a logical thinker ect ect. And yet as the story goes on and we get to the end you see that everything Regis said he understood about Dettlaff was completely wrong.
>>
>>342571276
I don't think there is a best game ever.
But its damn good.
>>
Shit gameplay

Shit story

Shit replay value

It was mediocre, Polack shill.
>>
>>342580212
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Jm_eUQSYAk
>>
>>342571276
Nah
>>
>>342571276
It's not a good game, it's not even the best game of 2015. Best game of all time goes to Halo 3.
>>
>>342571276
It's a good triple A game.
It's not nearly good enough to be best game of all time, no.
>>
File: zero-time-dilemma-featured.png (1 MB, 1195x700) Image search: [Google]
zero-time-dilemma-featured.png
1 MB, 1195x700
>>342571276
Only for 5 more days.
>>
bloodborne is just 30fps console game play on tv.
>>
literally my only buyer's remorse

played for 2 and a half hours and it was terrible.

Gerald is an uninteresting asshole and a bad choice for a protagonist.

The gameplay is a clunky mess .

Story is GoT tier garbage
>>
>>342571276
>best game of all time
not sure it "the " best, but top 10 for sure
>>
>>342571276
Main story is pretty awful in terms of writing, the open world is kinda eh, and the combat is shit.

It's definitely one of the best RPGs though.
>>
I tried playing through it a total of 3 times. Every time I got burned out in Skellige.

It just gets boring, I'm sorry. Every quest is the same god damn thing, every fight is the same shit.

>fighting humans? control the fight with signs and parry the shit out of them

>fighting monsters? drop yrden turret and spam roll

Honestly WoW has better combat.
>>
>>342571276
best RPG i've ever played, that's for sure
>>
>>342571924

A mistake how? As in the segments where youre forced to play her and not just seeing it happen or being told? If so i agree and if the devs say that then its a good thing because such an issue is less likely to happen in their games moving forward.

Besides that, id easily call witcher 3 the best game this gen by far. Im currently replaying it and everything about it is just great.
>>
combat is fine and very convincible. and you have to adapt to situation.
>>
It's not the best game of all time, but its the best game I've played up until this point.
>>
>>342582418
So your first
>>
Is ti wrong for me to feel sexual feelings towards Geralt after finishing this game
>>
>>342571276
yes we can, literally everyone saying the combat is shit has not played the game and are just parroting epic vee memes to be cool, I also get the feeling that most of them are neets who probably cant afford a good pc to play it
>>
>>342578779
>Ciri's pretty fucking weak (emotionally) and insecure, anon. You should read the books.
>books were she was way younger are relevant
wew
>>
>>342571687
if brevity is the soul of wit, then whoever made that is less amusing than crib death
>>
>>342572758
>No matter what dire sitaution Ciri finds herself in, it's good to know she never loses her mascara.

That's eyeshadow. Mascara goes on the lashes. I had to learn all of that when I transitioned, lel ^_^
>>
>-50% made me finally fall for The Witcher meme
Please tell me I won't regret this /v/.
>>
>>342582970
>literally everyone saying the combat is shit has not played the game and are just parroting epic vee memes to be cool

what a sad, sorry little man you are
>>
>>342584421
Do you like videogames and RPGs in particular? Then you won't regret it.
>>
>>342571276
I bought this Ratchet and Clank with my PS4 last week then a few days later bought Witcher 3. I played for 4 hours then went back to Ratchet and Clank.

I'd rather jump and shoot shit then listen to shite for 20 mins then wave my sword around like an idiot.
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.