[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm playing the 3D Zelda games for the first time and I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: wind waker.jpg (178 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
wind waker.jpg
178 KB, 1920x1080
I'm playing the 3D Zelda games for the first time and I just beat Ocarina of Time. After Majora's Mask I'm going to play Wind Waker. I could play the original on Nintendont pretty easily, but the HD version looks pretty nice. Which one do you prefer?
>>
>>342546405
You should get the HD version unless you're a poorfag.
>>
WWHD has gameplay improvements that make it a better experience.
>>
>>342546405
Get the original for the gamecube not the bloom edition for the wiiu. Not liking the sailing is a pleb opinion.
>>
>>342546405
I think the gamecube version is fine and it is one of my favorite Zelda games but the wiiu version does speed up the sailing a bit so you may enjoy that one more. To me the sailing was a relaxing segment so I didn't mind it at all on the gamecube version.
>>
>>342546748
You shouldn't, it's largely inferior.
I still have no idea why all the remasters of these past 5 years are utter shit.
>>
Gamecube because i like grindy bullshit like with tingle
>>
Dolphin
>>
File: glorious widescreen.jpg (649 KB, 1920x2160) Image search: [Google]
glorious widescreen.jpg
649 KB, 1920x2160
>>342546405
If you have access to both already, play the WiiU version. Otherwise I don't think it's worth the money, especially if you're emulating. The only bad thing is the stretched UI and corner pop-ins.
>>
>>342546405
play it on pc with dolphin, you'll have the game for free in 1080p.
>>
>>342547689
This, I play with a 4:3 setting to avoid the pop in, it's fine.
>>
>>342546405
The gamecube one has better graphics, especially when emulated.
>>
>>342546405
Just make sure to skip Skyward sword
>>
>>342546405
I actually much preferred the Triforce quest in the original, to be honest. Felt more like going on a piratey treasure hunt that way.
>>
>>342548740
How did they change it?
>>
>>342548740
But you didn't even play the original Japanese version.
>>
This video should help you out on which version to get. Around 8:50 he starts talking about the definitive game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajndmZ5B3a8
>>
>>342546405
>Gamecube/Nintendon't/Eumlated WW
You get to play the game for free, with original graphics and gameplay flaws

>Wii U/HD version
Get some graphical improvements, a Hero mode (no heart drops and Link takes double damage), quick sail to make sailing not as tedious, gamepad support for item management

Honestly, WW has excellent atmosphere, OST, and art style with good exploration but there are a lot of little things that bring it down (worst padding outside of Skyward Sword, worst dungeons, sailing can get fucking boring/tedious).

It's a very mixed bag 3D zelda because it excels at certain things and absolutely sucks at others.
>>
>>342546405
HD has the swift sail and one of the quests was fixed.
>>
>>342548383
That would be stupid, it has the best dungeon in the whole series.
>>
File: first waifu.png (129 KB, 543x412) Image search: [Google]
first waifu.png
129 KB, 543x412
Both are great.

Get HD if you want to play Hero Mode and improved gameplay.
Gamecube still holds up on its own today so it'd be reasonable to emulate it.

I'm also playing WWHD now on a 3 hearts run as a tradition. I hope you have fun anon!
>>
People that dont own a Wii U will tell you original is better, everyone else that has played both versions will tell you the HD version is superior.
>>
>>342546405
both garbage
>>
>>342549537
Nice meme! xD
>>
>>342549715
nice meme
>>
>>342549812
nice meme :^)
>>
How do you like the games so far OP?
>>
>>342549280
I own a Gamecube, a Wii, a Wii U and a PC.
The original Wind Waker is better because it has better graphics (in particular no bloom).
Of course you need to play it on PC to have a decent resolution.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajndmZ5B3a8

This video does a great job of comparing them. Don't watch the previous review he did of WW because it contains spoilers. This video has a few brief clips that show parts of dungeons and you'll get glimpses of certain characters but as far as plot is concerned it's wholly spoiler free. You will also see some of the new items though.

If you want these things to be a surprise then don't watch, but this video is probably the best way to make an informed decision.
>>
>>342549869
They're shit.
>>
>>342550009
That's funny because the remake has no bloom either
>>
Play the WW HD, OP. I'm making sure to play all of the games in the series I haven't yet before Breath Of The Wild comes out as well.
>>
>>342549537
>>342550076
(you)
>>
>>342550312
stop shitposting.
>>
>>342550175
The number one complain of people playing the HD version is that it's too bright and is hard on the eyes. That's caused by bloom.
>>
>>342549078
Skyward Sword had really good dungeons and bosses, good OST, some neat new mechanics (shield upgrades, stamina) and items, and probably the best characters/story out of all the Zeldas.

This is all brought down by the flawed controls that work half the time, absolutely horrible padding/diversity in enemies and places to explore, and the worst exploration of every Zelda game ever made, period.
>>
>>342550445
no it's caused by HDR. twilight princess had bloom
>>
>>342550461
I thought the characters fucking sucked.

I agree with the rest of what you said. Though it's also brought down by Fi never shutting the fuck up. Fi is what people pretend Navi was.

I look forward to the eventual re-release of Skyward Sword. It'll probably cut down on some of the bullshit (a lot of it is too ingrained in the game to remove unfortunately) and with a quieter Fi I might actually be able to enjoy the game.
>>
>>342549078
Which one?
>>
File: sages.png (456 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
sages.png
456 KB, 1366x768
>>342549869
I grew up playing Zelda 1, so I'll always love that one. I played Twilight Princess a few times before and I really liked it, I want to see what I'll think of it now. Link To The Past was okay, nothing really special. Ocarina was the best one I've played and made me cry at the end.
>>
>>342547479
Um lolwut ? Do you fucking own both and understand that the remaster is better in every single way
>>
>>342546405
HD version is the better experience, faster sailing, new sail to speed things up, faster animations for grappling etc, faster use of the wind waker baton, less tedious triforce hunt quest, neat miiverse feature of sharing messages in bottles.
>>
File: Dolphin 2016-02-15 21-00-04-91.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Dolphin 2016-02-15 21-00-04-91.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>342546405
Emulating WW is the best because you have access to better graphics and mods.

>>342547689
There are a few ways to remove the stretching of the UI.
>>
>>342547479
It's the exact same game, with Improvements like the faster wind changing and inventory touchscreen
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.