[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why are the Templars the bad guys?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (173 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
173 KB, 1280x720
So why are the Templars the bad guys?
>>
Because it's a french game
>>
>>342538558
Templars are true heroes.
>>
File: 1459316184104-b.jpg (7 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
1459316184104-b.jpg
7 KB, 251x251
>>342540154
>>
Because they're white
>>
>>342538558
Just vote for hillary if you dont know
>>
>>342540154
this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_IV_of_France#Suppression_of_the_Knights_Templar
>>
>>342538558

Sure there was some clever plot twist where suddenly the Templars were the good guys all along until Ubisoft went full retard and dropped subplots all together.
>>
Because you're not playing Templars Creed.
>>
>>342542176
>At daybreak on Friday, 13 October 1307, hundreds of Templars in France were simultaneously arrested by agents of Philip the Fair, to be later tortured into admitting heresy in the Order
Doesn't sound very fair to me.
>>
That's the idea though. I just don't know whether it was intentional or not. The only games where it flat out showed the Templars to be evil were AC2 and its spinoffs, but even later games had lore that said the later Templars saw the Borgias as corrupt and evil within their own ranks. All other AC games had more gray-scale morality for the Templars and dumbshit Assassins.

Connor came to realise Templars weren't bad. Arno did too. I think even Edward Kenway realised that after he got over his pirating ways. Altair definitely did.
>>
>>342538558
Haytham Kenway is the best AC character, and Templars are right, you need order to save this world, freedom stems chaos.
>>
>>342544245
The only reason Templars were so cartoonishly evil in the Renaissance era is because Ubisoft was trying, desperately, to make Ezio into a fucking superhero and unerring bastion of morality.
>>
>>342538558
Templars really aren't. The Assassin's tend to be young and naive, haven't seen the world outside of their own bubble and think freedom with peace is a viable option.

Templars themselves tend to be older and a lot more cynic, they understand that the world needs to have order for it to be peaceful.

Throughout the few games, we've seen the bad side of the Templar order, but there has been a few games when see the Elders of the Assassin's act truly out of self-interest and greed.

Both can be bad as each other, but I truly believe the Templars are in the right.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.