[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was this the peak of Sonic games? I mean effort wise, the Werehog
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Sonic_unleashed_boxart.jpg (32 KB, 240x300) Image search: [Google]
Sonic_unleashed_boxart.jpg
32 KB, 240x300
Was this the peak of Sonic games? I mean effort wise, the Werehog was kinda shitty.

>that intro cutscene
>that music
>Sonic's gameplay
>those graphics
>that overworld with lots of NPC's with random shit to talk to, some with side quests
>side missions for each stage
>that story
>even had a small movie with the qt ghost
>cute interactions with Amy and Tails

What happened since then? Nowadays the story is as shit as it gets, the graphics are just alright, stages are short and give you no reason to come back to, Sonic doesn't interact with his friends for more than 1 minute, etc.

Remember Lost World? Nobody fucking does.
Liked the story in Generations? What is even there for you to like?
What the hell is even BOOM?
>>
Sonic 06 is fun
>>
>>342528552
Jesus fucking christ
>>
Someone somehow convinced Sega's upper management they could make Sonic big again with a big budget. And it would have worked too if it wasn't for the werehog.
>>
>>342529145
The shame is if the "werehog" sections had been exactly the same but had been Knuckles sections instead the game probably would have been well-recieved
>>
>>342529583

Sonic autists would have completely eaten the game up if that were the case.
>>
I'm the only person in the world that loves the Werehog stages, though worse than day stages they were fun as fuck for me. Maybe the leveling up skills and fighting like Monkey D. Luffy blew my mind, but that entire game is filled to the brim with effort and love and i really can't bring myself to dislike the werehog when in practice it was fun, but a dumb silly idea.
>>
>>342527838
>>342529914
>Everyone always bitches about the werehog but never once address that THE MOTHER FUCKER CAN STRETCH LIKE RUBBER
>>
>>342529620
>>342530026
I mean, they weren't poorly designed, really. The combat mechanics at least had some thought put into them; it wasn't DMC but it was better than Dynasty Warriors and people eat that shit up.

It just needed a character who was built around punching shit in the face to make the gameplay feel appropriate.
>>
The intro was pretty fucking impressive.
Aside from Sonic's shit voice acting.
>>
It gave us Werehog on Amy lewds and that's what matters.
>>
I'm glad people are re-evaluating this game.

Sonic '06 was an anomaly. Sonic has been consistently OK.
>>
>>342532612
nani?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.