[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls is finally finished.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 7
File: Capture.png (556 KB, 685x571) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
556 KB, 685x571
Dark Souls is finally finished.
>>
Good. Any sequel to Dark Souls basically becomes Dark Souls: The last one again
>>
>>342522935
I hope they make another game in the likes of bloodborne
>>
>>342523158
You mean Dark Souls: The Last One but Worse
>>
Good

Now gimme that Armored Core 6
>>
We knew this beforehand

Still a chance for them to do a Bloodbourne sequel/spin off or continue Demon Souls

The "souls" formula is obviously gonna be continued just not in the DS universe anymore
>>
>>342522935
They also treat Dark Souls and Bloodborne as different games from Demon's Souls so that doesn't mean jack shit.
>>
That's a good thing though? And I'm a fan.
>>
Good.
It shouldn't become a AssCreed / madden annual snoozefest.
3 was already pushing it.
>>
Excellent
Let it go gently into that good night
>>
>>342522935
Good, time for a new Tenchu
>>
>>342522935
It just means no more sequels. Doesn't meant they won't re-use the formula like they did with Bloodborne. Or Dark Souls, for that matter.
>>
>>342522935
Good. I haven't been a fan of either of the direct sequels in the series.
>>
>>342524153
mein neger
>>
>>342524170

Or King's Field.

Or Shadow Tower Abyss.
>>
>>342524153
>big budget title made by from
>stealth game

what are you smoking, son? and you can bet bamco isn't allowing them to waste manpower on projects that won't bring in the big bux.
>>
>>342522935
This is really good actually.

Nobody wanted DaS III in the first place. DaS II should've never happened and the third game should have just BEEN the second game. It's made intentionally to be a direct sequel because even the developers tried they're hardest to sweep the second game under the rug.

Still hoping they do something really new and interesting with the series. Even if it isn't a "Souls" game, it's still a "Souls" game, and a new environment/time period with a few new mechanics will truly freshen things up.
>>
>>342522935
Armored Souls confirmed?
>>
I want a grounded mecha game. Heavy machines, no flying and focus on weapons.

The genre has been niche since forever but From currently has a reputation that mostly stops normies outside of stock Kotaku articles from complaining.
>>
>>342524523

who says from needs bamco for publishing duties anymore? They can work with whatever big publisher they want now
>>
>>342523397
I hope they throw this soul-like shit in the trash for awhile. Armored Core 6 would be amazing.
>>
>>342523827
I hope they never touch Bloodborne again. It's perfect and I don't want it to become milked like everything else.
>>
>>342524654
>the developers tried they're hardest to sweep the second game under the rug.
So that's why Yhorm is the descendant of Giant Lord and Alva invades and Creighton invades TWICE and Greatshield of Glory or References to Shalquoir or how Profaned Capital is probably related to Eleum Loyce or how there's Gilligan's corpse in the game and how Lion Knight Albert is a Faraam warrior. Also Tsorig and the FUGS and the Knightslayer Ring... Lucatiel's full set.

I'm sure there's more I forgot/skipped
>>
Good. Dark Souls 2 and 3 completely and utterly killed any passion or interest I had in this series.
>>
>One game is an action role-playing game with a dark fantasy setting almost similar to "Dark Souls 3". However, Miyazaki assures that the game would still standout because the new game will approach the material from a different angle.

>The second game that From Software is doing is described as a bit odd. It is a reboot of an existing title but with a completely different take. According to Miyazaki, the game is entirely different from what the company had previously done.

>The third game in the works is most likely a new "Armored Core" game. Miyazaki was even apologetic to fans because From Software did not come up with a new "Armored Core" game sooner than fans have expected.
>>
>all these faggots who whines about muh dark souls are cod and asscreed now
>and then they want another fucking armored core game or tenchu or whatever the fuck they want
Why are you like this?
>>
>>342523397
ON PC PLZ
>>
File: HOLY SHIT.jpg (140 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
HOLY SHIT.jpg
140 KB, 640x480
>>342525205
>>The third game in the works is most likely a new "Armored Core" game. Miyazaki was even apologetic to fans because From Software did not come up with a new "Armored Core" game sooner than fans have expected.
>>
>>342525205
>reboot of an existing series

Their own or some Sony one that got shoved on them?

I wouldn't mind Fromsoft Medievil.
>>
>>342522935
Good I want Armoured core 6 with DEEP LORE, and combat of Ac4 and For Answer but have the bosses of Verdict day but have a Ac4 twist in the mix
>>
>>342525446
Armored Core is one of those series everyone wants to see again, but most won't even play it because it's not their type of game. Unless From pulls off some Front Mission Evolved garbage to make it "mainstream friendly".
>>
imagine if they'd only released
demon souls
dark souls
bloodborne

it'd be the greatest run of all time. the sequels spoil it tbqh
>>
>>342525205
>The second game that From Software is doing is described as a bit odd. It is a reboot of an existing title but with a completely different take. According to Miyazaki, the game is entirely different from what the company had previously done.
Frame Gride with souls mechanics confirmed
>>
>>342524871
but dark souls wasnt milked??
>>
File: sci fi souls game.jpg (147 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
sci fi souls game.jpg
147 KB, 1024x576
sci fi souls maybe 3 new games holy shit what are you excited for?
>>
>>342525813
I own most of the recent ones, I would own the older ones but I was a kid so I just rented them until I beat them.

>>342525904
Neither of the direct sequels had to exist. It would be better if we had a new ip instead of those two games.
>>
>>342525813
But Armored Core already was a third person action game so I don't understand what you're trying to say

They are making an Armored Core SRPG?
>>
>>342525994
>new ip
like bloodborne?
>>
Armored Core? More like "Armored JUSTe"
>>
>>342524429
>shadow tower

My nigger. That game was frustratingly satisfying in a weird way.
>>
>>342526104
Yes. I loved Bloodborne, but I would trade DS2 and DS3 for another new interesting game like that in a heartbeat.
>>
We LITERALLY already knew this months ago
>>
>>342525598
Itll have sir dan rolling and riposting shit all day. I dont like it, sir.
>>
>>342526028
I'm talking about dumbing it down. Mixing and matching to autistic level for best performance doesn't exactly appeal to your average player. AC is basically part-simulation when it comes to number crunching.
>>
>>342526356
not that they were making 3 new games tho
>>
who / Neroimus War/ here?
>>
>>342525054
>References to Shalquoir

literally where

and don't say the ring because

>In the Age of Gods, or possibily following it, an old cat was said to speak a human tongue, with the voice of an old woman, and the form of a fanciful immortal.
>age of gods
>voice of old woman

not

>age of shit
>voice of slut
>>
>>342522935
Two of which are Sony exclusive.
>>
>>342522935
you people know that means we could just get Dark souls again in everything but name right? like Dark Souls but cyber punk which I would totally fucking buy, and I don't even like this series.
>>
>>342524871
>it's perfect

It's great, and gotyay, but not perfect. There's plenty they could do to flesh out the lore.
>>
They'll come crawling back to Dark Souls like a whipped dog once their other projects fail. They always do.

Miyazaki will be a broken and humble man, Dark Souls 4 will be a shitty and shameless cash grab. He might even put someone else in charge of the project to divert blame away from himself again.

Jap businessmen are weird creatures.
>>
>>342526458
we did though
>>
>>342526028
>Armored Core SRPG
That's just straight up Front Mission
>>
>>342526604
>gotyay, but not perfect
Do you even know what gotyay means you fucking memester?
>>
>>342526483
>>In the Age of Gods, or possibily following it, an old cat was said to speak a human tongue, with the voice of an old woman, and the form of a fanciful immortal.
This is alvina. She has an old woman's voice, shalquoir does not. She lived in the age of the gods and a little after it, shalquoir did not. Shalquoir is merely the "descendant" of alvina, much like rotten is of nito, etc.
>>
>>342526724
>gotyay

game of the year all years, right?

>you fucking memester
>memester not knowing meme abbreviations for meme terms
>>
>>342522935
>implying his future games won't just be "new" IPs that are really Souls style games in a different setting
>>
File: 374320_20160531010412_1.png (2 MB, 1110x1013) Image search: [Google]
374320_20160531010412_1.png
2 MB, 1110x1013
>>342525940
It's pretty obvious they are, or eventually will go this route.

I imagine trick weapons will be a huge theme, like in BB. You'll be able to become very creative with new technology, so seems like a no brainer to me.

What I hope for, if they go this route, is that there will be a focus on cybernetics, special parts you can get from bosses and soul on to unlock new abilities/weapons. Basically same way that Souls work now, but with the emphasis on the more cybernetic you become, the less humanity you have.

Kind of like going hollow DaS III.
>>
>>342526373
>That wondrous time spent fine-tuning your ACU's weight distribution via attachments and also looks, then getting down and dirty with the colour customization of every single separate part.

God damn, I'd be lying if I said that the customization wasn't equally fun to fighting an arms fort.
>>
File: 1466527859531.gif (2 MB, 580x326) Image search: [Google]
1466527859531.gif
2 MB, 580x326
>>342525205
>The third game in the works is most likely a new "Armored Core" game.
>>
>>342522935
It's confirmed one of the three will use PSVR. My money is on either AC6 or a new King's Field.
>>
>>342522935
Good riddance.
>>
>>342526521
If this is true I wonder which two. Probably Armored Core given not a single entry has been ported yet, but what else. I own both so I don't really care too much before someone jumps down my throat.
>>
>>342526371
I thought "it is different" meant that it is neither souls clone nor a game they've done before. Could as well be a shooter, KoDP style tribe rpg or space strategy.

In the end I still have my hopes up for Legend of Dragoon prequel but it is never gonna happen.
>>
>>342526971
>it will be exclusive to the PS4 again
Can't wait for the butthurt.
>>
As the final game DaS 3 falls short thematically, structually, gameplay wise, and content wise. Hopefully the DLC will fix it, or hopefully they pick it up again. DaS3 honestly feels like it was made in a year or less.
>>
>>342522935
Good news, its no surprise the best games in the series are spiritual successors, things started going downhill with direct sequels.
>>
>>342526641
You know nothing, you silly sod.
>>
I thought this was the last Dark Souls anyway?
>>
>>342526642
no
>>
File: 1462514403707.gif (1 MB, 245x250) Image search: [Google]
1462514403707.gif
1 MB, 245x250
>>342522935
>working on three new titles
>DLC of DS3 handled by the D-Team
>>
>>342527289
The major issue is that they played it too safe.

I get they didn't want to copy BB, but honestly, it felt like going backwards in terms of innovation.

The game play is incredibly unbalanced, and honestly, going from trick weapons with gem slots to dark sword R1 spamming is boring as fuck.
>>
>>342527071
AC4 and AC4A were both on 360

Granted, those were the only games that went multiplat.
>>
>>342527641
yes
>>
>>342527759
Oh, I wasn't aware of that. There's hope for pc friends after all then.
>>
>>342527759
But who the fuck would play AC on 360? That's retarded.
>>
This is only a good thing. Bloodborne was amazing because it was fresh and exciting. I'm glad they're letting Souls have a rest until they can make it fresh again. Let them work on projects they're passionate about.

That said, I still want DaS3 dlc.
>>
Give me Star Wars souls
>>
>>342523397
They can't they fired the whole team after 5
>>
>>342528229
No thank you.
>>
>>342527720
But build variety actually existing again was nice. BB is good but even compared to DS3 it's lacking diversity and replay value.
>>
>>342528428
Dark Souls 3 had build variety?
>>
>>342522935
Yeah , new game that will play exactly like DaS.
>>
>>342522935
The series has ran it's course tbqh senpai. They weren't upgrading the games much from it's roots and at the same time you can't change a game too much from it's roots otherwise you divide your fanbase. It's for the best they stop making the Souls games.
>>
>>342528428
>BB is good but even compared to DS3 it's lacking diversity and replay value.

How the fuck do you figure that? Every single weapon in BB is viable for PvP and Endgame. Not to mention you got your Arcane, Blood, Beast, or Pure builds and their sub fields.

DaS III has almost no build variety.
>>
>>342528504
Yes, it does. Viability is another thing entirely, but there are more possible builds in any of the DaS games than in BB. They might all suck in PVP in DS3 but they're still there and can still work for PVE.

BB just needed more diversity in general, you get the best armor set very early on in the game and there isn't as much incentive to explore and loot.
>>
File: 1450732715450.png (587 KB, 655x642) Image search: [Google]
1450732715450.png
587 KB, 655x642
>>342522935
Metal Wolf Chaos Trilogy here we come
>>
>>342529027
The builds are there, not being viable for pvp doesn't make them not exist.

And pvp in BB is just as bad or worse in the first place.
>>
I prefer 3 to 1 with dark souls 2 as dead last

I'm interested in where From goes.
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.