[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This seems to be another multiplayer based game dead on arrival,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: lel.png (95 KB, 833x417) Image search: [Google]
lel.png
95 KB, 833x417
This seems to be another multiplayer based game dead on arrival, another flop like Battleborn.
>>
>>342521293
It is more fun than Battleborn. Just saying. Most of them are mad fans. I dig it. It does have problems though
>>
>>342521886
>more fun thatn battleborn
sonygger?
>>
Vydia will be dead in 10 years max
>>
Didnt' they try this with Operation Raccoon City which also failed spectacularly?
>>
>>342522925
Battleborn is also on PS4
>>
Every Resident Evil after RE:CV was trash,just stop calling it Resident Evil.
>>
>>342523467
The moment I heard about this, I facepalmed. Certain RE spinoffs work extremely well and others are guaranteed failure.
>>
>>342521293
do you expect anything else than shit from a RE game?
>>
>>342523365
thank fuck.
>>
The game nobody wanted
>>
>>342523467
Operation Raccoon City's problems went far beyond its attempt at Multiplayer, the Main Single Player was also ridiculously bad, not only was the gameplay mediocre but what kills it is the fanfiction level storyline, 4 OCs appear out of nowhere as the Main Characters and participate in the plot of RE2 and RE3, acting like saviours of the actual Protags, Claire, Leon and Jill.
>>
>>342524068
*after 3
Fixed that for you.
>>
File: hounds.png (820 KB, 1052x766) Image search: [Google]
hounds.png
820 KB, 1052x766
How is Hounds? This looks like a damn good sale, probably because of Umbrella Corps.
>>
>>342521293
At least Battleborn is is good game and not a boring generic Overblunder game.
>>
>>342522925
Battleborn is trash just accept it.
If you think https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo0TVjjB79w looks good then you obviously have a non functioning brain
>>
File: greenlantern.png (503 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
greenlantern.png
503 KB, 1024x768
>>342521293

I think the worst idea, is with this, and ORC, the ideas of Umbrella based characters are really well developed.

When ORC was announced, and slowly leaking information, they had a bunch of riddles (with prizes) that dealt with the backgrounds of the characters and the events. It was all pretty well executed.

Unfortunately, the games themselves arent anywhere near as well done.

ORC had a lot of bugs, clipping issues and dead room/invisible walls. The idea seemed a bit too fast paced for them, and until you fight either humans or a boss, you could just mow things over. They also added a bunch of weapons that didnt feel different. And snipers were practically worthless. It wasnt the worst game, but since it didnt hold any real volume to speak of, besides appearance of characters, it felt flat.

UC, after playing it on steam since launch, its... It shouldnt be as bad as it is, if they went different directions. Again, the gameplay is too fast for this type of play style. Especially for the third person view. If it was first person, it might flow a bit better. It should be a bit slowed, like Gears.

Theres also a lot of bugs and just general issues that make the game confusing. The different outfits are cool, but not too many. All the weapons are pointless as most early weapons are the superior weapons.

And the melee is stupid. Like... Just broken. Heating up generally doesnt do anything to it, most hits are instant kills anyway. But unlike knifing in most games, you have an animation you have to sit through to actually hit your target, and most times than not, youll be mowed down by a shotgun well before your characters cool jump is anywhere near done.

And thats if the law doesnt glitch you to sit in air for a second or two...

It couldve had more if they developed it more. Youre not even against each other 'lore wise'. Youre just Umbrella Operatives running fake scenarios to see who gets hired. Coulda added in a lot more with the Organization S...
>>
>>342523467
ORC was stupidly successful.
>>
>>342525279
It's alright. Dead player base. Most players are German/from Europe, so servers are mostly populated early morning EST. Maybe this sale will help it.
>>
>>342526081
Oh, and I almost forgot. "i" is set as the screenshot key in game. And you can't change it. "i" is also the inventory key. Expect a fuckton of random screenshots.
>>
>>342521293
LIKE BATTLEBORN?

NEW MEME??
IS THIS THE EPIC NEW MEME???
BLUNDER OF THE CENTURY?????????????????????
>>
>>342525383

>pre-release promotional is fake-ass "Let's Play" or "E-Sport" bullshit

Can this trend just fucking die yet
>>
>>342523467
ORC could have been enjoyable, but all the guns felt like shit, it took an entire magazine to kill anything, and the ai was dogshit
>>
>>342525983
Eh, what? Critics tore it apart and I don't recall reading any news saying it sold well enough.
>>
File: 1462246665935.gif (1021 KB, 500x267) Image search: [Google]
1462246665935.gif
1021 KB, 500x267
>>342525383
>not liking a fun game such as battleborn which was unfortunately buried under the popularity of Overbooty
>Thinks Blacklight: Resident Broken Edition is any good or could come close to being fun as watching paint dry

Are... are you like literally retarded?
>>
>>342527169
Prove that Battleborn is fun show me 1 (ONE) video that doesn't make it look like complete trash. Why pay for a game that looks that bad? Also I didn't say anything about the 2 of the worst "Resident Evil" games to come out
>>
>>342526572
>>342526081
http://steamcharts.com/app/366160
>>
>>342527382

Giant Bomb's Quick Look was all I needed to see to realize that Battle Buddies was utter garbage

It's fucking pathetic how people try to make their MMO the next WoW or their Arena game the next DotA instead of trying to do something original.
>>
>>342525120
>Except you're both wrong, because RE4 is the best RE.
>>
>>342527065
Reviews tore it a new one.
Sold over 2 million, making it one of the higher successful REs
>>
File: umbrellacorps.png (309 KB, 1119x433) Image search: [Google]
umbrellacorps.png
309 KB, 1119x433
>>342521293
This makes Battleborn look lively. Holy shit.
>>
File: 1319212902445.jpg (76 KB, 526x596) Image search: [Google]
1319212902445.jpg
76 KB, 526x596
>tfw no more outbreaks ever
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.