[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are you going to main in Legion anon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 11
File: WlYpwQH.jpg (462 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
WlYpwQH.jpg
462 KB, 2560x1440
What are you going to main in Legion anon?
>>
File: lpe4aSF.jpg (118 KB, 641x437) Image search: [Google]
lpe4aSF.jpg
118 KB, 641x437
Warlock first, then Unholy DK

Posting a cool mog
>>
The alliance!
>>
stop shilling, the steam sale is here
>>
Priest, always priest.
>>
>>342513397
shit mog, delete yourself
>>
File: 491214.jpg (405 KB, 2009x834) Image search: [Google]
491214.jpg
405 KB, 2009x834
Who much king here
>>
File: 1435839524752.gif (986 KB, 300x196) Image search: [Google]
1435839524752.gif
986 KB, 300x196
>>342514687
>those eyes
>>
>>342513693

>stop shilling
>hurr go buy overpriced games from lord gaeben
>>
>>342513397

you're probably the kind of faggot who spends their entire day in "rate my transmog" threads
>>
>>342512874
demon hunter obvs
>>
>start wow in feb 05
>get into raiding by may
>full t2 by end of 05
>one of the few guilds to clear naxx pre-bc
>one of the few guilds to clear sunwell pre-nerf patch
>can already see how the next expansions are going
>get gear to beat boss to get better gear to beat next boss
>level alts, professions and gather materials when not raiding
>burned out as fuck
>quit in early 09

Is WoW offering more than that or is it still the same?
>>
>>342515910
No its worse since WoD. Cataclysm was also a big flop.

You will get burned out even faster thanks to dumbing down.
>>
>>342515910
even less, you dont feel as accomplished when you kill bosses now since they are spoonfed to everybody
>>
Don't know man, I think Blizzard may finally have lost me for good. I played extensively from Vanilla through Wrath, but the expansions after that haven't been able to hold my interest. The insane content droughts and all the changes the game has seen have just lost me. There are a number of design philosophies in the game now that I do not agree with at all. Legion might be the first expansion I don't buy.
>>
>>342516290
Not in Mythic.
>>
>>342516381
>Ill killed archimonde
>so did I
>b-but mine was mystical....

yea nah. First time I saw Illidan was a big fucking moment. First time I saw archimonde I was bored out of my mind from LFR
>>
I really, really want to keep my frost dk as my main, but if the artifact doesn't change I can't see myself doing that. Still holding out hope since everything about it is just shit.
>>
>>342516381

mythic doesn't mean shit when 99% of the mythic fights are hurr more hp more damage and OOH ONE NEW ABILITY AND A SHINY ACHIEVEMENT to prove how big of a sucker you are
>>
>>342516551
I agree. I highly prefer the old way of raiding in TBC or WOTLK.
>>
>>342515910
>one of the few guilds to clear naxx pre-bc
>one of the few guilds to clear sunwell pre-nerf patch

Yeah im calling horseshit on this anon.
>>
>>342516303
I'm in the same boat as you. Absolutely loved Vanilla-Wrath, even though in Vanilla I was a total noob and didn't do any raiding. Cataclysm had so much hype after like a year of lich king and s8, and it fell flat on its face. My guild, majority of my friends in WoW were gone a month or two after Cataclysms launch.

Tried MoP and WoD also on launch but dropped both after a month. Legion will also be the first expansion I won't buy because I know I will drop it after a month.
>>
>>342517087
I also cleared sw prenerf, I don't know why this is hard to believe or something.
>>
>>342517214
What the fuck was wrong with Cata's launch? It was better than the later half of Wrath
>>
>>342517214
Forgot to add, my server completely died in Cataclysm and so did many others. If you were still playing you had to fork over ridiculous amounts of money to transfer. Took them years to merge or do that cross server crap.
>>
>>342517452
It wasnt impressive enough. Also the pre-expac event was truly shitty.
>>
>>342517452
Dumbing down/removal of abilities similar to WoD. PvP was fucked, MMR was fucked everyone had like 3k+ rating. My favourite class was fucked and turned into ice lance machine gun.

Heroics were fun at the start and then got nerfed.
>>
>>342517087
The hardest part of raiding has always been keeping the raid together, to make sure that you have enough people of a certain class and spec present. If you actually think raiding in vanilla took skill you might be mentally challenged.
>>
>>342517214
>My guild, majority of my friends in WoW were gone a month or two after Cataclysms launch.

sounds like you all were a bunch of scrubs who only thrived in a ridiculously undertuned easymode expac like wrath, and as soon as cata reverted the difficulty back to acceptable levels you all got btfo.

seriously though - catas launch content was fucking fantastic, both the 5mans and the raids. had they followed up with decent content patches that expansion would have been extremely good. sadly they chose to laze out and give us garbage like dragon soul and LFR instead.
>>
>>342517649
removal of talent trees also. sure theres alot more i dont remember.
>>
Ive been playing PTR, classes are ruined.

The only one i enjoy is fury warrior.
Mage is shit
Monk is shit
Paladin is shit
The new Outlaw rogue os okay.

Almost all talents are passive abilities.
>>
>>342514687
>those eyes

He looks like he tried to fart and accidentally shit inside his armor.
>>
>>342517649
>dumbing down
healing was so hard that a ton of healers had to quit because they were too shit. If you want to talk about dumbing down then lets talk about Wrath launch
>PvP was fucked
yea because Shadowmourne arenas was really gud

even post nerf the heroics were harder than the ICC dungeons, never mind the rest of the wrath instances.
>>
>>342517678
>using the word fantastic
How to spot reddit.
Also the launch content sucked ass.
>>
>>342517890
>The new Outlaw rogue os okay.
m8
>>
Guide to playing wow for non-NEETs/non-plebs:

>wait until the christmas sale to buy new expansions
>enjoy fixed content they spent months fixing after retards beta tested it
>enjoy additional content meant to stop post launch bleeding
>enjoy all features implemented that should have been in by launch like flying
>fast track to raiding by letting NEETs with months of time getting last tier's drops carry you to current tier content
>play classes rebalanced based on live data, tuned as intended for launch
>get the full experience for less than half the cost then quit in half the time it took NEETs to reach the same levels of progression
>>
>>342517395
Killing muru prenerf was done and wasnt that big of a deal usually 2 to 5 guilds per server did this.
>>342517657
But
Saying you killed kt in naxx. Only like 18 guilds managed. So saying vanilla raiding was easy is true to a point but killing twin emps/ cthun and 4horsemen/KT is a different story
>>
>>342517954
Fantastic argument wotlkid.
>>
My Pandaren Rogue.
>>
>>342517954
that is objectively false. Cata launch content was great
>>
>>342518156
>spamming AOE in LFR
>after everyone else already ran it 100 times and carries you
>full experience
>>
>>342518182
nah
>>
>>342517890

I agree with the mage is shit part, I didn't feel that "class identity" they were trying to bring to other specs with any of the mage specs, except for MAYBE frost, maybe.

So I'm rerolling assassination rogue this time, exsanguinate made me love it.
>>
>>342518160
>killing twin emps/ cthun and 4horsemen/KT is a different story

Maybe if your guild consists of tanks with zero situational awareness and movement cripples playing on 200 ping. We weren't total scrubs but we also weren't above looking up strats from other guilds.
>>
>>342518631
So youre saying you cleared AQ40 at 60?
And killed kt before the preBC patch?
Im sure
>>
>>342518426

The funny thing is that that curve is pretty standard. Nothing will keep people around forever. So was it just natural decline or have the dev team actively made the game less appealing to players?
>>
>>342520013
Both
The drop is from the moba explosion and the blues shitting on pvp balance. The pve crowd atayed around for awhile that drop is mostly pvp players
>>
>>342512874
Uninstall wizard. WoW is garbage.
>>
>>342520368
Yet... still better than any other MMO
>>
>>342512874
I'm probably going to give Legion a pass. Too much about it just turns me off.

I'll regret not being able to give Demon Hunter a shot after all these years though.
>>
>>342518426
wrathbabies cant handle hard dungeons, that doesnt mean the content was bad
>>
>>342512874
I'm going to main my career and the remains of my life, because no even for free I step into WoW again.
>>
>>342520929
But there is still always time for shitposting.
>>
>>342518182
Double edged sword in my opinion.

The raids were fun (not the best, or most memorable by any means) and the dungeons were great, but they completely butchered the old world zones and permanently fucked leveling.

Vash'jir is still my favorite zone in WoW to this day though, so major props for that.
>>
>>342512874
after trying all the classes in the ptr Im either going with fury warrior or ass rougue
fury just has so much oooomph to its swings and assassin because you can go full bleed damage
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_062216_170723.jpg (416 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_062216_170723.jpg
416 KB, 1920x1080
Hopefully an Ogre
Please Blizz?
>>
File: s8hEyee.jpg (440 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
s8hEyee.jpg
440 KB, 1920x1080
>>342512874
DK
>>
>>342521021
>triggered
For that there's no end.
>>
>>342516804

Okay, kid. Stick with LFR and whining on trade chat.
>>
>>342517771
Talents are 100x better now. Instead of some shit that you just look up on the internet to min/max, the choices you make are actually meaningful. Simming for the extra 1% doesnt mean shit anymore because it's much better to have players that can dodge shit, execute complex mechanics and pull off clutch raid saves. It's worth taking hits to your optimal DPS if you can be a better team player overall.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_061616_114614.jpg (280 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_061616_114614.jpg
280 KB, 1920x1080
Sticking to my fury warrior.
>>
>>342521679
But he's right? Most mythic fights are pretty similar. More tightly tuned sure, but not a lot of them are significantly different, especially in HFC

Hell, mythic iskar is literally just heroic iskar since the mythic mechanic can be cheesed like hell
>>
>>342522009
Is that...Whirlwind Axe...?
>>
>>342522079
Yep. It returns with the new transmog system.
>>
>>342521039

Are you kidding? Leveling before Cata was fucking painful, unless you think boring the time sink "collect X of this from mobs that only have a 10% drop rate" quests were the pinnacle of game design.

I agree though, 4.0 heroic dungeons were fucking amazing. I think the Conclave fight was really creative, and Chimaeron and Atramedes fights in BWD were so much fun. Hated BoT and Al'Akir though.
>>
>>342520013
The uptick suggests its not a natural decline, just the decline is a natural state for corporate endeavors. Blizzard got too big and the new actiblizz cannot sustain wow.
>>
>>342522349
Leveling before Cata wasn't great, but Cata was not an improvement in my opinion. Used to be you had a main hub in the zone and a variety of quests to do in any order you wanted.

I feel like this design was perfected in BC. Eversong and Ghostlands are the absolute best leveling zones in my opnion.

After Cata zones are running from point to point, getting two to four quests in one area, then running to the next point and repeating.

The content is better varied, but the process is a horrible drag and makes for a worse slog than vanilla did in my opinion. Everything was too fucking easy also which contributes to it feeling like a drag.
>>
>>342523037
Good thing it only took them nearly six years to figure out the new leveling process is fucked.
>>
File: image.jpg (512 KB, 2550x3600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
512 KB, 2550x3600
>>342521972
There's always an autistic shill defending the new moba\diablo cookie cutter bullshit talents. The old tree rewarded you each level with a point and you could do whatever the fuck you wanted with them. There was a sense of reward and progression each time you leveled. Now it's fucking boring and still have to choose either are or single target abilities every 8 levels or so. Wow so much choice. Fuck you.
>>
Dwarven Monk
Haters gonna hate
>>
nothing
>>
>>342522595
The new actiblizz ruined wow. Garrisons? Holy dreadlords and angelic illidan? YOU ARE THE CHOSEN ONE and so are a million and a half other players (numbers dropping by the hour).
>>
>>342523689
Legion is the perfect end for WoW imo. I dont see how they can do another expansion after it when my pala is wielding the fucking ashbringer and we defeated/pushed back the Legion
>>
>>342522218
How? Can you explain please?
>>
>>342524338
The new transmog system unlocks old quest rewards as a possibility for your transmog. So if you did the quest back in the day you'll get access to some old stuff.

Hell when I cleared the quest back then I picked the sword and it still gave me the axe and mace as well.
>>
>>342524554
If you didn't do it though can you not re-reaquire it? Does that make sense?

I switched to US servers from EU, after cata, so obviously different account
>>
>>342524554
Any news on transmogging legendaries? My Thunderfury is wasting away in the bank
>>
>>342524943
They're still maintaining that stupid rule. Rogues get a thunderfury artifact skin instead...
>>
>>342524806
Think you had to have done it on your account, dunno how that works.

>>342524943
Right now you can mog the Legendary MoP cloak but that's all I know of.
>>
>>342512874
Will be waiting for it to hopefully bomb causing blizzard to finally say fuckit and release legacy :)
>>
>>342525068
So my Legendary sword continues to be worse than a green dropped from a mob in the outlands.

Great
>>
DK yet again. Mained one for a little over 7 years now.
>>
>>342524242
Legion pushed back out of Azeroth. Ashbringer ceremoniously buried alongside Tirion. Idk
>>
JUST A REMINDER THAT WORLD OF WARCRAFT HAS GONE ONE YEAR WITHOUT A CONTENT UPDATE.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/4pfn0c/happy_one_year_anniversary_fury_of_hellfire
>>
>>342522009
Going with my warrior too, anything's an improvement from WoD.
Does transmogging still cost hundreds of gold? I think that would make even less sense now that everything is stored in your "Wardrobe."
>>
>>342527331
Still does because you still need to deal with the greedy ethereals to actualy transmog anything.
>>
Gnome Hunter
>>
File: (107 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
107 KB, 960x540
>>342527505
Some of my friends have lots of sets and change often. I know I won't be joining them anytime soon.
>>
I'm actually thinking about rolling a demon hunter, it depends on how fun it is to tank as vengeance. I've heard that tanking as a whole isn't in a very good place right now though. If the whole demon hunter thing doesn't pan out then I'll probably either go with warlock or hunter. I'm interested in Paladins and Death Knights as dps, but currently ret looks pretty bad.
>>
>>342517890
>The only one i enjoy is fury warrior.
Agreed but they need to change wild strike/furious slash's sound.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHLMCZjAV6c

>They are re-adding a treasure trove scenario

Fug yes I missed it
>>
>>342531413
But that looks like fucking shit. I dont want to micro manage some shitty NPCs with retarded AI
>>
Ate they adding a better fucking system for heirlooms?

They made it a gold sink when valor was removed. Now it's back and the only reason for not changing it back is to be greedy jews.
>>
>>342532625
Probably not. But if you've already got all the pets/toys/mounts you can get the upgrades from doing world events. It would probably still be faster to spend that time making gold though.
>>
Probably Holy Paladin and Affliction Warlock for arenas. Warlock is looking pretty okay.
>>
>>342533562
>warlock is looking pretty okay

youre joking right? Melee is running amok in PvP right now and you have to spec into your only escape. Never mind that the aff artifact is geared towards killing ghosts on bosses, which is super easy to avoid in arena
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.