[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you deal with rage? Should it make you better at the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7
File: 1435956626477.png (78 KB, 263x278) Image search: [Google]
1435956626477.png
78 KB, 263x278
How do you deal with rage?

Should it make you better at the vidya? Does it make you play worse and convince you that you suck? When is rage justified? If you play bad or if everyone else plays bad?

Rage thread.
>>
Rage should be avoided. If a game is causing you to rage, it's time to take a break.
>>
I thought people played games to have fun?
If you're having serious rage attacks and not haha ragequits, why the fuck are you still playing?
>>
By lashing out at those around me
>>
File: 1458652859126.jpg (47 KB, 621x502) Image search: [Google]
1458652859126.jpg
47 KB, 621x502
I hide my anger behind a wall of sarcasm and passive aggression.
>>
I dont get mad because most of the time when I play badly its my fault
Im just disappointed because i could do better
>>
File: i should have ran msdos.png (653 KB, 704x480) Image search: [Google]
i should have ran msdos.png
653 KB, 704x480
>How do you deal with rage?
I play worse usually.

>Should it make you better at vidya?
By no means!

>Does it make you play worse and convince you that you suck?
Not all the time, I just make more errors, especially in fighting games.

>Was the rage justified?
I'm not a fussy person usually, so I can't say for sure, but in my opinion yes, most of my rage is justified.

>If you play bad, does everyone else get worse?
Sometimes.
>>
https://youtu.be/fxvfd0IUlzw

Some csgo Twitch streamers make a lot of money off of it.
>>
>>342511874
This desu
>>
I'm going to be completely honest. I don't have fun unless I get really mad at some point. Especially pvp games. not as much pve but a bit.

Like yeah I'll be super fucking pissed, throw my controller, scream out why am i playing this shit game

but at the end, when I'm done and settled down. I'm like yeh that was a good time

maybe I just enjoy/need the outlet for some pent up rage or somethin like that
>>
I "raged" a lot while playing Overwatch recently.
It's just so infuriating when you give it your all and it feels like the rest of your team isn't even trying.

Of course it also makes me question my own skill which usually has a negative impact on my performance resulting in even more losses, thus fueling my rage even more.
>>
If you're playing a game competitively, then you can use rage as a way to motivate yourself to do better

but if you're just trying to have fun, don't play that game because clearly you're missing the point
>>
>>342512915
Real life confirmed for DBZ, rage pushes your limits!
>>
>>342511637

>needing autists on /v/ to explain to you when your anger is justified

Smash a fucking hole in the wall everytime your ping goes down if you want to, no one gives a shit. People going mad in mic chat is just funny, especially if it is justified and he makes someone else go mad and/or cry too.
>>
>>342513114
>not just beating your sibling to a pulp and having your mom call the cops
>>
>>342513071
no but its something that actively makes you evaluate all your actions as you want to avoid being angry
>>
KETCHAWAITINHA!!! IM INFRONNA THE PRISONCAM!!!!!!! holds up MRS-4, my name is Kiefer but u can call me SNEK lol…as u can see im very snekey!!!! thats why i came here, 2 meet snekey ppl like me _… im 49 years old (im mature 4 my age tho!!) i like 2 watch TOMBSTONE w/ my boifreind ocelot (im bi if u dont like it deal w/it) its our favorite tv show!!! ocelot is snekey 2 of course but i want 2 meet more snekey ppl =) and no NIGGERS, like they say you fulton a coon kaz will pop the baloon!!!! lol…neways i hope 2 fulton a lot of recruits here so give me lots of commentses!!!!
LIQUIIIIIIIIIIIID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <--- me callin my clone son cuz he stol my robot, toodles!!!!!

nukes and peace ,

Bad Boss, Metal Guy s4lad teh Phant0m Menac3
>>
desu this is why i cant play dota anymore, shit makes me so mad
>>
>>342513504
I make a lot more mistakes when someone pisses me off in vidya. I don't know about you, but I play exceptionally worse.
>>
I don't generally get super mad at games. Sometimes I get a bit disappointed with myself or irritated with allies. I usually just get all the energy out when I go to the gym and I come back feeling refreshed.
>>
>>342513667
well I guess people treat rage differently, something you gotta learn to do instead of irrationally falling into the same actions
>>
Abandon all concepts of anger, sadness and pain.
>>
>>342513842
Or you could just, pplay to win before they get under your skin, instead of waiting for your competition to beat you out of your best performance.
>>
File: _020.jpg (91 KB, 482x294) Image search: [Google]
_020.jpg
91 KB, 482x294
Really need to control my anger. It has been getting worse and worse recently. Can hardly play multiplayer because of it
>>
>>342512915
I feel that it makes me play better except every little mistake pisses me off even more so than usual and the rage train just takes off.
>>
I get angry at myself when a snap decision I make is one I know is wrong, but I haven't 'raged' in a long time. I used to rage really hard if I got rekt by something I considered OP.

I play it up to my friends a bit though, I've still got that reputation as a result.
>>
File: 1466109189369.png (11 KB, 336x411) Image search: [Google]
1466109189369.png
11 KB, 336x411
It's okay to be frustrated, it's not okay to bring down everyone else because you're angry at the game

I hate playing Dota with friends even though I find it fun because one guy being pissy we're losing brings everyone down
>>
>>342511637
I complain, bitch, and moan.
It vents stress and anger.
>>
>>342514535
thickskin post.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.