[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your opinion on the Sega CD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: 1461128082876.jpg (4 MB, 4064x3452) Image search: [Google]
1461128082876.jpg
4 MB, 4064x3452
Your opinion on the Sega CD
>>
I liked sonic cd, but then i realized the version I played was derived from the PC version.
And later on I learned that I played the shitty american version with the terrible soundtrack.

So yeah, sega cd can go eat a dick.
>>
>>342511406
I just stared playing mine again today. Actually great system if you ignore the shitty FMV games (and even some of those are amusing to say the least).
>>
The PC Engine CD was better
>>
Worthless gimmicky trash.
>>
>>342511406
LUNAR was very good. ALSO POPFUL MAIL. It had a few great games.

Fuck AVGN is a stupid retard for only playing the fmv shit what an idiot that gave a false impression.
>>
>>342512743
Its a damn shame more games didn't get ported from the PC Engine CD to the Sega CD, it might have saved it or at least helped it sell a few units. I guess Sega really was ahead of the times as usual, promoting literal interactive movies instead of good games.
>>
>>342511406
looks pretty fucking radical desu
>>
its practically an entire console in itself
which is a problem because a lot of shit played it safe so all you get is genesis plus cda and vids
>>
It's okay, some decent games on it, some amazing. I like the Genesis more.
>>
sonic cd was the only good game for it
>>
>>342513212
The real shame is that the majority of PCE CD games didn't get a western release on the TG16.
>>
File: 1456368569624.jpg (33 KB, 250x323) Image search: [Google]
1456368569624.jpg
33 KB, 250x323
>really good for 2D games
>people just made FMV filled shit for it
>>
File: segacd[1].jpg (63 KB, 640x490) Image search: [Google]
segacd[1].jpg
63 KB, 640x490
>>342511406
Tech was great, software was shit.

>>342511683
The American soundtrack is better you toot toot cuck.
>>
Can I pirate games for it easily?
>>
I want to play Popful Mail but I can't get my controller's dpad to work with gens.
>>
>>342513836
This. There are gems in the Sega CD, but they were over ran by the shit back in the day
>>
>cpu
>soundchip
>tile zoom and rotate

why
why didnt they add a graphics chip and passthru from the main console. that would have prevented the 32x from existing and solved the genesis's most obvious problem of color starvation
>>
>>342514016
Yeah. Its got zero copy protection since CD burners were expensive as hell when it came out.
>>
>>342514132

The Sega CD already added so much hardware, it would have priced itself too high.
>>
I remember having one these games as a kid. My fondest memory was that one brutal mortal kombat like game. It was a extremely gory compared to mortal kombat. Shit had me terrified of all the ways to die.

Now I have guro fetish because of it
>>
File: 1421449271873.jpg (71 KB, 448x597) Image search: [Google]
1421449271873.jpg
71 KB, 448x597
>>342513836
>The American soundtrack is better
>>
>>342514380
Eternal Champions Challenge from the Dark Side? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQlXJl_zf3Q
>>
>>342514425
Only nostaligiafags and tasteless weebs as a matter of course prefer the jap soundtrack.
>>
It is the one platform that actually had a problem with "moviegames." There were a lot of them and they were pretty much universally terrible.

Past that, there are some good games available like Popful Mail, Lunar, Keio Flying Squadron, Snatcher, and Dark Wizard. It's not enough to make the SegaCD particularly notable, but it's worth investing a little time into it.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.