[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the beta has ended what's the verdict on pic related?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: hw2.jpg (298 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hw2.jpg
298 KB, 1920x1080
Now that the beta has ended what's the verdict on pic related?
>>
Bump, i also wanna know
>>
>>342506478
>Xbone-only
Nobody played it.
>>
It's a good Halo wars game. Just not a good Halo game.
>>
>>342506738
>Just not a good Halo game.

Well how can it be a good halo game? It's an rts, not an fps, faggot
>>
>>342506934
That's not necessarily true. there's more to halo games than just the gameplay mechanics when they are specifically designed that way.
>>
It's...okay. An upgrade from the first one.
>>
>>342506478
I enjoyed it and will be looking forward to release.

My biggest gripe about it was simply just the sound effects all seemed muffled, and the fact you couldn't build scarabs.

Hopefully both will be remedied in the future

Also that Eradication beam thing for the brute, that shit was amazing
>>
>>342507493
You couldn't build scarabs in the first beta either
>>
>>342506478
felt too similar to the original, but maybe that's a good thing.

the gameplay is fine, but the music was awful. Halo Wars had some GOAT overworld themes. I'm hoping the final product has some better tunes.
>>
It hasn't ended, they extended it again, it'll end tonight
>>
>>342507567
Never played it but that's good to know.
>>
File: haah waaw Ω.jpg (104 KB, 768x768) Image search: [Google]
haah waaw Ω.jpg
104 KB, 768x768
>>
>>342507817
Nice to see reddit enjoys le game cover mirror meme
>>
>>342507729
Oh that too, I don't remember there being any music in game. There was also no theme, or any sound for that matter, that played once you won or lost. I'm sure that will get fixed though.

Balance wise, I don't think there was anything i had a problem with, that fucking eradication beam is devastating though, that will probably get nerfed
>>
Death match was a lot of fun, but the addition of power as a resource feels kinda pointless at the moment.everything at the moment takes both power and supplies so all it does is needlessly convolute things. I think they should either make power have unique purchases or just get rid of it.
There is some balancing that needs to be done as well.
Other than that it's a fun game, has a lot of potential if they expand more, but at the moment it feels the same as the first game
>>
>all these M$ shills
>15 replies, 8 unique posters

christ the marketers really have taken over
>>
>>342508087
There was music in the domination game type which was pretty dank.
>>
>>342508468
>>15 replies, 8 unique posters
>that's because they're conversing with each other dummy
>>
>>342508083
Aren't you a special little snowflake
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.