[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As a person who dislikes stories in games should I even attempt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: header.jpg (42 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
42 KB, 460x215
As a person who dislikes stories in games should I even attempt to play this game again? I keep getting the feeling I haven't tried it enough to actually see if I'd like it or not I keep dropping it.

I have 30 hours of it alone from replaying the beginning up to where you save the sheriff in the next town. That is how many times I've been trying to get into this game
>>
>Spends 30 hours on game
>Can't tell if they like it

Wow sure is clinical retard in here.
>>
>>342501769
Then you should probably skip Primm and go to Novac or Quarry Junction instead. You can skip parts you know.
>>
>>342501769
literally do the bare minimum of quests until you get to New Vegas if you want an abundance of oppurtunity/ fun shit to do
>>
>>342501976

I literally only played about a hour before dropping it each time. So I've tried about 30 times but /v/ keeps telling me it's fantastic and I keep getting feelings to play it so I do and drop it again.
>>
>>342502536

>/v/ keeps telling me it's fantastic

And...? Can you not decide for yourself whether you like a game or not? You've """""tried""""" 30 times now and still can't figure it the fuck out? Not only that but you dislike stories in games and got a game that has a lot of exposition and chatting in it?

Just how FUCKING STUPID are you?
>>
>>342502536
so what makes you drop it?
>>
File: 1463852601282.png (903 KB, 1662x740) Image search: [Google]
1463852601282.png
903 KB, 1662x740
>>342502536
Heres what to do:

Go South East from Goodsprings and follow the road east until you reach the NCRCF, go north of there to Hidden Valley. From Hidden Valley exit the chain link fence from a hole in the south-east corner. Follow this trail all the way east and you should arrive safe and sound near Helios One. You have effectively skipped all the boring parts of the game, and can now head to New Vegas.
>>
File: 1463096952565.jpg (14 KB, 225x234) Image search: [Google]
1463096952565.jpg
14 KB, 225x234
>>342502930
Yeah. Or, you can go through Sloan.
>>
>>342502536
do the powder ganger quest instead. not the goodsprings one, do the one at the prison where you find the sherriff. go into the main building and talk to Eddie. that quest has an interesting twist at the end that you might be interested in, and you can get a lot of good loot out of it no matter which ending you choose.
>>
File: 1465154071456.jpg (47 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
1465154071456.jpg
47 KB, 720x405
>>342503340
Are you crazy? Theres Deathclaws there! Are you trying to get him killed? My route is much safer and not traumatizing in the slightest.
>>
>>342502930
that route spawns a giant radscorpion, sometimes two. you can outrun them but if he's not used to the controls he will probably die.
>>
>>342503724
Now where's the Legion version where every reply is "Profligate."?
>>
>>342503724
Hug Black Mountain while you pass through. You'll see a raider or two but that's about it.
>>
>>342502908

I instantly lose all motivation to play, there's no explanation.
>>
>>342504674
that's because the beginning of the game is boring as shit and it doesn't get good until you reach Nipton.
>>
>RPing/Comfy path
Primm > Nipton > Novac > Boulder City > New Vegas
>Pussy path that takes you directly to the worst companion
NCRF > Sloan > Black Mountain > Trade Post 188 > New Vegas
>Manly Path For True Wasteland Legends
Tribal Village > Bonnie Springs > South Vegas > New Vegas
>>
>>342501769
Story and gameplay are both shit, dont
>>
>>342501769
Fallout New Vegas is a bad game.
>>
>>342506101
>>342506162
Go away Todd.
>>
>>342505945
>worst companion
You better not be talking smack about my nigga Raul.
>>
>>342505945
>Pussy path that takes you directly to the worst companion
>NCRF > Sloan > Black Mountain > Trade Post 188 > New Vegas

Which companion? Raul or Veronica? Because they're both on that path (Raul is locked up on Black Mountain, Veronica is lounging around at the 188).

Also, both are rather useful, depending on your build. Raul makes your gear degrade less (and when not a companion, can repair it for you at his shack; needless to say, he's a godsend if you took "Built to Destroy" as a trait), while Veronica is a walking, talking workbench who can also teach you a counter-punch and (if you have Dead Money) increase your melee damage.
>>
>>342501769
You don't have to do that first part. Right after you leave the doctor, you're free to do whatever. That's the great thing about open world rpg's. Go make your own 'story', especially if you don't like to be guided through a story.
>>
>>342507925
>>342507543
I'm assuming you're not going to be getting Raul until you come back better armed, the worst companion is Veronica.
>>
Is NV worth it at -50%?
>>
>>342501769
>>342502536
>I literally only played the weakest section of the game repeatedly
For fuck's sake. If you don't like "stories in games", you won't enjoy New Vegas to its fullest - unless you're sufficiently interested in RPG character progression. The quests, dialogue, and roleplaying elements are New Vegas' strong suit.

Just play the fucking game and stuff your ADHD, put at least 5 or 6 hours into a save before dropping it.
>>
>>342508779
I always thought that Lily was the worst companion. She's stealth-oriented (her perk doubles the amount of time that Stealth Boys work and increases sneak attack damage by 10%), yet having companions pretty much kills any possibility of stealth anyway.
>>
>>342509441
Pirate it, all the money goes to those greedy, lazy, talentless jews at Bethesda.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.