[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>WAAAAH WE WANT REFUNDS! WE WANT TO PLAY GAMES FOR FREE WAH
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: cNQCWX5~01.jpg (48 KB, 684x583) Image search: [Google]
cNQCWX5~01.jpg
48 KB, 684x583
>WAAAAH WE WANT REFUNDS! WE WANT TO PLAY GAMES FOR FREE WAH

>Steam gives users refunds, but kills off Daily Deals in the process leading to shitty sales like this summer sale.

Good job entitled fucks
>>
Who cares?
You have literally never booted up, or even installed a game that you impulse purchased from steam daily deals.
>>
>>342498613
Great thread.
>>
File: Unpopular Opinion.jpg (104 KB, 449x642) Image search: [Google]
Unpopular Opinion.jpg
104 KB, 449x642
Fair trade to be honest.
I'll miss being able to buy triple A title's whilst 80% off but the ability to get refunds in the modern age where games are easier then ever to make and many people use this to scam consumers to buy unfinished is of greater importance.

But then again, we wouldn't have this problem if Valve gave a shit about quality control.
>>
>>342498613
>kills off Daily Deals in the process
[citation needed]
>>
>>342498613
I want you to explain, in clear and precise terms, how refunds and sales events are related.
>>
>Don't worry guys that just means the flash deals will be on for the whole sale instead of 1 day
>>
>Steam gives users refunds, but kills off Daily Deals in the process leading to shitty sales like this summer sale.
Source or full of shit
>>
>>342499865
Steam sale used to have flash events were for a short period of time a certain game would get an extreme discount that could range up to 75-90%.

The idea is that you could theoretically buy a game that's discounted, not play it and wait to see if the same game is being sold again at a lower price, which you can then get your refund and buy that version instead.
>>
>>342498613
should have just suspended refunds for games during a sale
>>
>>342500340
fuck off
>>
Daily deals means people waited for the last day of sale all the time because their game might be on a daily
It has nothing to do with refunds
>>
i hate myself
>>
>>342500191
You can only refund a game that's been purchased within 2 weeks.
>>
>>342500656
>2 weeks
That's literally the length of the sale though.
>>
>>342500493
It has everything to do with refunds. It's simple economics. Everybody knows in Steam Sales you buy games that you never play. If you never play them, you have two weeks to request a refund. If somebody buys your game for $40, then you have a sudden sale making it $20, everybody who bought it for $40 is going to request a refund.

Of course, by the time the refund is processed the daily sale will be over, then those people get their money back and probably spend it on something else.
>>
>we removed something to retaliate about customer rights
>it's your fault ok!
Congrats on being a literal slave.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.