[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm thinking of developing a game VERY similar to War
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 7679486190_c202ebfc32_n.jpg (31 KB, 320x176) Image search: [Google]
7679486190_c202ebfc32_n.jpg
31 KB, 320x176
So I'm thinking of developing a game VERY similar to War of the Monsters. Except with more elaborate levels and more monsters. Would you play something like that?
>>
>>342494652
yes
>>
>>342494729
Any idea of a few monsters not included in the original?
>>
In a heartbeat as long as it's not shit

'>>342494859
The original has two lava/rock monsters you could probably combine into one more interesting monster since both agamo and magmo were boring anyways

Something that's serpintine would be cool but animating it would be difficult

hold on
>>
File: destruction.jpg (491 KB, 2225x2550) Image search: [Google]
destruction.jpg
491 KB, 2225x2550
OP here, do we keep the graphics cartoon-like? Destruction was a key gameplay element, any certain things that would be neat to add without getting too crazy?
>>
>>342495564
realistic destruction, physics, ragdolls, and gore
>>
File: wtf do I do.jpg (43 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
wtf do I do.jpg
43 KB, 600x480
OP again, another thing is multiplayer with a substantial increase to level and map size, do we open it up to 8 players? Keep it at 4?
>>
>>342495564
You got more high res images for the game you could post?

>>342495326
>>342494859
A plant monster would be cool. The original only had one as a boss.

Something marine, like a crab monster

A burrowing monster for that megalon/baragon/angirus niche
>>
>>342495757
So characters start peeling away as the fight goes on? Would be pretty easy, kinda like how mortal combat did it.

Also as an added unlockable char. Should include C'thulu
>>
>>342496154
I'm stealing the images off google, I have some VERY basic shit started. Will be posting in a couple days to show progress. Might even stream on twitch for community input and ideas. I really would like this to be for fans.

I have a couple of days off after tonight, might make a basic city level and two monsters to fuck around with in Unreal 4
>>
Absolutely
>>
>>342496572
OP here, I mean stream on Twitch while fucking around in unreal, creature development, animation, and level design. If people want a volcano included, we can Bob Ross it in.
>>
>>342494652
Considering I bought WotM off psn for nostalgia last week

Yes
>>
>>342496220
for the civilians i meant but yeah do your idea too
>>
>>342497127
>>342497035
>>342495757
>>342495326
Okay, cool. Well I'd like to make this a thread of ideas and concepts. Maybe keep it up for support purposes and definitely a motivational jump on my end to get this ball rolling.

I was thinking a roster of 15-20 unique monsters, with possible future releases that could be added in. This would also include different maps and gameplay styles.

For monster ideas, move sets, design, special attacks(unique for the monster). Go ahead and throw them at me.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.