[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do so many people hate the sci-fi setting in Infinite Warfare?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 13
File: infinitewarfaredislikeheader.jpg (107 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
infinitewarfaredislikeheader.jpg
107 KB, 800x600
Why do so many people hate the sci-fi setting in Infinite Warfare?

I haven't played a new COD since Black Ops 2, but I thought it was mainly because people are sick of the sci-fi oriented COD games and this went too far after so many in a row, or that many people think it doesn't look/feel like a COD game anymore (it also recycles many designs from AW and BO3 and looks kind of like a hodge-podge of other popular sci-fi FPS games. The trailer was also shit.)

Now it's starting to seem it's also many COD players just hate sci-fi as a whole and think anything relating to it is nerdy. That could explain the countless "LOL is this star wars??? when do you get a lightsaber???" comments.

It's kind of ironic how so many people are rallying around BF1 and the BF franchise in general, when BF already did a sci-fi entry (BF 2142) and was pretty much just as futuristic as IW, with the exception of space combat.
>>
The grapple hook moving around shootan in space looked pretty noice aint gunna lie but whatever
>>
>>342492889
nobody hates it

it's just idiots bandwagoning the dislike barrage that the trailer video received thanks to EA's dislike-bot spamming
>>
>>342492889
They also bitched about the modern setting.
>>
Looks like hawt swenk brew defo going to copo the digi deluxe edish
>>
It think some of the hate comes from Cod4 Remaster being a timed exclusive in the collector edition. The thought of playing modern warfare again has addled their brains
>>
>>342493434
Im a completely different anon who is also pre ordering the digital deluxe edish
>>
It actually looks ok to me. The only thing that stops me from wanting it is how fake the guns sound.
>>
>>342492889
tell Activision to do their own research you fucking shill. also end your pathetic life.
>>
It's bandwagon hate, nothing more. Anyone with a functioning brain should have known that the next CoD was going to be sci-fi/futuristic, anyone who's actually surprised by it is a fucking idiot. The games have been getting progressively further into the future for years, of course the next one was going to be sci-fi.
>>
No idea. I would've preferred Battlefield 2143 to this WWI shit DICE is doing now, too.
>>
>>342494694
The only thing stopping me is that it's going to be the same shit but with a new gimmick or two. I might pirate it for the campaign or something ut no chance i'm buying this shit for multiplayer.
>>
>>342495671
Pretty sure everyone who isn't a normie faggot would have preferred 2143 over a WW2 game pretending to be a WW1 game.
>>
>>342495671
>tfw you won't see the huge towering titans and battlewalker redone in frostbite anytime soon
>>
Because CoD and Halo fans still think their franchises are at war even though CoD beat halo almost a decade ago now.

Notice how like CoD fans hate any sort of sci fi themes in their games, Halo fans have an stroke any time a Halo game has any feature in it that CoD also has even if it's mechanically dissimilar to how it is in CoD, like armor abilities in Reach only slightly being similar to CoD loadouts or Smart Scope in 5 only barely being similar to ADS
>>
>>342496526
COD fans feud with anybody because a lot of people (for whatever reasons) dislike COD, hate when COD features get added to their games, or seek the COD audience and then COD fans get defensive about the game they like.
>>
>>342496526
As far as i can tell Halo and CoD fans are one and the same.
>>
>>342496907
CoD has more normies and dudebros since the series picked them up from Halo when the first modern warefare came out.
>>
>>342497825

halo is more sci-fi than this tho
>>
File: 1459294954544.jpg (95 KB, 650x684) Image search: [Google]
1459294954544.jpg
95 KB, 650x684
>>342492889
I don't get it either.
Do people really want another WWII CoD? That era's been done to death, and there's only so much you can do with WWI before going the DICE route and filling it with dindus and racecar tanks. Future/Alternate settings are the only creative route left for this franchise if it cares at all about not getting even more stale than it already is.
>>
Normies hate COD sci-fi shit because of the movement
COD adapted great movement mechanics that takes skill, and normies hate it
CODfags want to go back to the MW2-BO2 era of boring generic shit
>>
>>342498114

They haven't done a WWII COD in close to 10 years, and this generation has had virtually no WWII shooters.

I don't think people want it saturated like they did last decade, but mixing it up would be nice.

That's why so many people went for BF1, they took a setting that's barely been touched upon ever (WWI) and altered it to a degree to make it more akin to WWII shooters.
>>
File: 2016-06-23 12.26.54.png (522 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-23 12.26.54.png
522 KB, 1440x2560
Because people love to bandwagon. Some of the hype towards bf1 could be a mob mentality

Picture related
>>
>>342498604
>re akin to WWII shooters.
Historians have been saying that the game is more akin to a sci-fi shooter.
>>
>>342499135

Well yeah, it's been billed as an alternate WWI, and the reason why WWI FPS games have been an incredible rarity is because of how limiting trench warfare is.
>>
>>342492889
On rails ground combat. On rails space combat. On rails campaign. On rails multiplayer.
>>
If they didn't attach CoD 4 to it nobody would've given a shit about it
>>
>normies finally turn on COD
>/v/ starts to defend the series again

this is gonna happen, just mark my words
>>
>>342502248
>how limiting trench warfare is
HERE WE FUCKING GO WITH THIS MEME AGAIN
>>
>>342502248
They've actually said it isn't Alt-WW1, they've just taken "some" shitloads of liberties when it comes historical accuracy.
>>
>>342502430

Nah, I think the backlash would be for the most part the same. I mean you wouldn't be seeing it getting hit with bots and ending up as the second most disliked video of all time and there being a global circlejerk hate-fest against it, but it would still be the first COD trailer where dislikes outnumber likes (and by a large amount).

Harder to say how bad it would be if not for the BF1 trailer though.
>>
>>342503191
>but it would still be the first COD trailer where dislikes outnumber likes
Nigga it happens all the time, Black Ops 2's dislikes outnumbered the likes for the reveal trailer too.
>>
>>342492889 (OP)

Not gonna lie, this is the only sci-fi cod that got my attention. I mean, it's a completely different take on the cod formula, but as a person who isn't a purist when it comes to this sort of shit, I really am ok with it. The fact that you can drive a ship manually (instead of being on an on-rails shooting range) and EVA onto an enemy warship seems farfetched when you think of it as a cod game, but as a standalone, it really interests me.
>>
Maybe if a new fucking game didn't come out every year that was increasingly designed for 12 year olds I wouldn't hate COD so GOD DAMN MUCH
>>
>>342503457
>everyone complained about BO2 being too futuristic
>now all the normies say it's the best game in the series
Wouldn't be surprised if the same happened again.
>>
>>342502895

Wouldn't that make it alternate history then?
>>
>>342504223
Nit really, all the shit in the game existed at the time, the frequency of use has just been exaggerated for the sake of "fun".
>>
>>342492889
The space part of the first trailer looked pretty cool. Not gonna get it but cool
>>
>>342492889
The Normie's want "old classic COD"

But fuck them, I love technology and the space battles look great. I'm gonna pick it up probably.
>>
>>342492889 (OP)

Not gonna lie, this is the only sci-fi cod that got my attention. I mean, it's a completely different take on the cod formula, but as a person who isn't a purist when it comes to this sort of shit, I really am ok with it. The fact that you can drive a ship manually (instead of being on an on-rails shooting range) and EVA onto an enemy warship seems farfetched when you think of it as a cod game, but as a standalone, it really interests me.
>>
I pretty much hate Sci-Fi as a theme. I find it really bland.
>>
>>342506796

why
>>
>>342506796
Sci-fi has endless possibilities, it's fiction, it can be anything you want it to be, modern and past settings are extremely limited.
>>
File: 1466153377734.jpg (75 KB, 340x346) Image search: [Google]
1466153377734.jpg
75 KB, 340x346
>>342492889
I actually like the new cod and I'm looking forward to it after blops1 made me lose interest in the series.
I've been wanting space cod since mw2, so I'm pretty hyped I'm getting official cod in space and an unofficial cod in space as well, with mechs and actual campaign this time around.
Also looking forward bf1, best of both worlds
>>
I just want a good, infantry-level invasion of Europe like it's CoD2 again.

I wanna run around with an M1 or Renfield and pop Jerries hiding in the hedgerows of France, then get rolled up on by an APC that I can't just instantly kill with my laser designated air support.
>>
>>342507519
Battalion 1944.
>>
WWII war in Africa when?

El Alamein when?

Banter with German soldiers who don't really hate you that much and are generally civil in comparison to the American War in the Pacific and the Eastern Front when?
>>
>>342507068
>>342507149
I just don't like space and metal and shit. I like historical settings more. It's just one of those things. I can't put into words why, but that's what I enjoy more. I'd much rather play in 1940s France.
>>
>>342508028
>Banter with German soldiers who don't really hate you that much and are generally civil in comparison to the American War in the Pacific and the Eastern Front when?
Never, Nazis have been demonised too much, making them anything but evil would cause all the brainwashed idiots of the world to call the dev studio a pile of holocaust sympathizers.
>>
Infinte Warfare VR looks pretty nice desu. Too bad they still don't obey they laws of physics
>>
>>342508028
Battlefield 2â„¢
>>
>>342507768
This looks pretty nice, anon.
>>
>>342508172
Some might say 1940s france is bland, it was definitely bland a decade ago when it was in every shooter being released.
>>
>>342508028

COD 2 had a bunch of north africa levels.
>>
>>342508513
Won't be out for another year though
>>
SHILL THREAD
SHILL THREAD

ABANDON THREAD IMMEDIATELY

in case you faggots didn't figure it out yourself
>>
>>342508605
I know. That's just what I like though. I don't get bored of farms and villages, meanwhile I can't remember a sci-do game I've enjoyed that much. Titanfall was ok. I only played 10 or so hours I think. I prefer single player greatly.

I'm not arguing that people cantlike it. It's just one of those things that put me off a game generally, like multiplayer only or open world.
>>
>>342508394
>What is literally any WWII media that isn't entry-level garbage?

Even American history books for sixth graders say that not every Nazi was a horrible person, and that they were just people going along with the whims of people without moral restraint.

I'm pretty sure that while you weren't buddy-buddy with them, there was a distinct difference in tone between the British campaign in CoD2 and the Russian one.

>>342508682
And they were fucking sick. That ride in the back of the truck-mounted AA-gun, slamming into walls, getting stuck in alleyways and generally trying to survive was pretty fucking awesome. And they were the best multiplayer maps, too.

>>342508605
D-Day and towns? Absolutely fucking oversaturated.

Hedgerows and fields, that still managed to have interesting geometry? Those were pretty rare.
>>
>>342509352
>he thinks the masses pay attention to anything but entry-level garbage
>>
>>342509596
The average person is smarter than you give them credit for.

I'd posit there's about a 25/60/15 split between retards/reasonable people/intelligent people.

They could probably not even put much effort into it, act like the five minutes it took them to script and direct a short cutscene depicting the Nazis as anything but evil was difficult, and entrap a large majority of viewers with "deep" thoughts BECAUSE it's not entry-level garbage. They're just not smart enough to realize it's a good concept executed poorly.
>>
File: 1.png (1 MB, 1864x2632) Image search: [Google]
1.png
1 MB, 1864x2632
Is Infinite Warfare the most shilled turd of 2016?
>>
>>342510165
>The average person is smarter than you give them credit for.

I work in customer support. No they arent. Guaranteed.
>>
>>342492889
Ah yes, the hourly thread asking why people hate IW.
Sorry marketeers, everyone can see through your bullshit and your tries to appeal to /v/'s contrarian nature, and influencing this place thinking it'll influence the rest of the internet.
Your yearly franchise is a joke, no amount of Pajeet's writing threads wording differently
>WOW WHY DO SO MANY PEOPLE HATE IW, BF1 SUCKS
is going to change that.
And please, and change the filename more often, poo in da loo.

https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/5hu54NShr2mt1V29ubALiA/
>>
>>342510268
That's some Overshill fanboy delusion right there.
>>
>>342510268
It's the most discuss because it's the first CoD that isn't just another CoD, it's the first that caused lots of negative feedback so it's more interesting
>>
>>342510602
>it's the first that caused lots of negative feedback so it's more interesting
How is it interesting?
The internet has been laughing at Cowadooty for years now.

Discussing people hating it?
Maybe, but people saying that it looks interesting because it's fucking CoD in space and a grappling hook?
These shills are horrible.
>>
>>342510425
But they think they are.

And if they think they're smart, and smart people tell them something's deep for not presenting nazis as all evil, horrible people, don't you imagine they'd go along with it?

They did it with Avatar.
>>
>>342492889
>Why do so many people hate the sci-fi setting in Infinite Warfare?

Because they're riding the MUH WW1 bandwagon, even though you know both games will play exactly like their predecessors.
>>
>>342510556
At least Blizzard paid the shills enough to be more descret and not write the same OP with different words over and over again.

Every Infinite Warfare shill thread has the OP shitting on BF1 and saying that the third futuristic Cowadooty in a row is unique and wondering why everyone hates it.

They are not even subtle.
How do they expect me to take seriously a franchise were they cheapen out even in marketeers?
>>
File: 1444075237494.webm (420 KB, 426x426) Image search: [Google]
1444075237494.webm
420 KB, 426x426
>>342492889
I go to reddit and your stupid post reeks of reddit.
>>
>>342492889
The average CoD and BF player is so young he wasn't born yet when the franchises were in WWII, so that setting is new to them.

Meanwhile, IW is going to be pretty much the same as AW and BO3, and we already had these settings with Titanfall, Halo and Battlefront.

They run the futuristic setting into the ground because these lazy fucks are not creative enough to do something other than wallrunning and jetpacks.
So we have Advanced Warfare 1.3, but this time in space.
Of fucking course everyone is shrugging off yet another entry of a factory-made franchise.
>>
File: Untitled.png (160 KB, 711x431) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
160 KB, 711x431
>>342492889
>>
>>342510946
I don't expect you to take it seriously, but if you think it's being shilled harder than Overwatch you're delusional. Cowadoody only has 2 or 3 threads up at a time, while Overshill treads made up like 50% of the total threads when it was coming out. Overwatch was easily the most shilled game this year.
>>
>>342511432
this
>>
>>342511275
The Battlefield one should be a stormtrooper wearing an SS uniform over his stormtrooper armour.
>>
File: 14687415645286.png (1 MB, 1920x2259) Image search: [Google]
14687415645286.png
1 MB, 1920x2259
>>342511432
Sure, right now because it's still 6 months away, but it's going to be Black Ops 3 all over again when it comes out.

Activision has been shilling really hard since the Take King DLC for Destiny.
>>
>>342511609
>COD is saving the industry
>COD has the best DLC model
>claiming BO3 looked good
Why are marketeers in /v/ so bad.
>>
Am I the only one who actually loves the sci fi and the setting (in space) of infinite warfare?

Don't get me wrong it's cod a fucking gain and it will be the same shit every time. but
>those spaceship designs
>the robots
>all the cyber tech shit

I actually love all that shit.
>>
>>342511795
>>342511609
those statements disgust me
>>
>>342511996
Yes you are, what I saw in the IW video is one of the most generic futuristic settings i've ever seen.
Not an ounce of originality.
>>
>>342511996
it looks good until you realize it's a blatant rip off of titanfall
>>
>>342512206
Titanfall 2 is going to be much better than either IW and BF1 anyway.
>>
>>342512445
BF1 will have a campaign that isn't just a game mode with words in it
>>
>>342512445
I heard they fucked with the movement and made it "weighty", you can't fly around the map like you could in the first.
>>
>>342493349

this

COD was originally a WW2 games franchise made to compete with Medal of Honor and some fans were pissed when Modern Warfare was announced
>>
>>342512170
No need to attack me. But couldn't you blame that on the story that hasn't been told yet?

I've seen many movies and played many games with futuristic settings, and what I saw from the trailer wasn't terrible.

Not original by any means, but I think it still looks decent. And I'm trying to figure out a game or movie/tv series that literally did "the US army in space with mechs" other than Halo.
>>
>>342512617
BF1 will have a campaign that no one will play because BF1 campaigns are always multiplayer maps played in a linear way.
>>
>>342512617
Yeah, and it'll be 4 hours long and be set-piece after set-piece.

Battlefield campaigns are garbage anon, this will be no different.
>>
>>342512778
The difference is that modern setting shooters were relatively scarce back then.

IW is the third futuristic Cowadooty released in a row.

I mean, they have three different studios, and they put the three of them to work on futuristic games when they could have a WWII game, a modern setting one, and a futuristic one.
But no, let's make all futuristic games and run that setting into the ground as fast as possible.
>>
>>342512617
isn't the new campaign centered around a female lead? not that that fact would detract anything, except it doesn't make too much sense.
>>
>>342512821
>the US army in space with mechs
Aliens.
>>
>>342513056
Not really mechs but they did have huge exo suits and shit.
>>
>>342513050
that's fucking stupid

women weren't anywhere near the front back then
>>
File: Aliens-3.jpg (389 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
Aliens-3.jpg
389 KB, 2048x1152
>>342513056
>a powerloader counts as a mech

I mean yeah it does I guess but I didn't count it because I don't think it counts as one. more like an extension of the body to help move heavy shit
>>
>>342513050
A dindu, the Red Baron and some muslim woman.
>muslim
>women
>allowed to do anything
>>
>>342513204
She is also islamic, which makes it infinitely more retarded.
>>
>>342492889
Didn't want this shit, didn't want shooty shooty double jumpy wall runny web slingy shit. I just want run, gun shoot that nun arcade fps. IW can't even do shock anymore, like for MW1 a guy gets nuked, for MW2 airport shootem, and for MW3 a kid gets blown up.

Ghosts had fucking space mexicans.

Now we're getting martians when all we ever asked for is shooty shooty bang bang arcadey style fps's.
>>
File: my_little_sweetheart_3_63.jpg (251 KB, 1200x1553) Image search: [Google]
my_little_sweetheart_3_63.jpg
251 KB, 1200x1553
>>342492889
We don't

Its the FIRST HARD-SCIFI COD

ALL THE OTHERS HAVE BEEN SOFT

ITS THE COD KIDDIES WHO ARE UPSET
>>
>>342513540
>shooty shooty double jumpy wall runny web slingy shit.

>shooty shooty bang bang arcadey style fps's.

That wasn't painful to read at all.
>>
>>342493302
Take a look art the pre orders pal
>>
I seriously feel like I'm the only one who is hyped, sci fi is my shit
>>
>>342513913
I'll take that as a compliment.
Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.