[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anybody else dissapointed they went the "highschool"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Is anybody else dissapointed they went the "highschool" route after playing Catherine? Playing as a character older than 17 was kind of nice
>>
File: 1445892088460.jpg (42 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1445892088460.jpg
42 KB, 600x600
Actually yes

>tfw 27 and always loved jrpgs

>that creeping realization that most protags are high schoolers, i start feeling awkward playing them now
>>
>>342478642
A disappointment implies expectations
Why would you expect characters older than 17 when no hint was ever given that they would go that way?
>>
>>342478642
would be cool to have some older playable characters, but you have to realize that their target audience wants to vicariously relive highschool through a bunch of attractive people with magic powers so that wouldn't really work
>>
Adult characters are boring as fuck unless they're side characters in a highschool game.
>>
Yeah. The devs would probably love to make them adults as it would open more options with activities and themes, but the higher ups wouldn't let them do that
The sad and simple reality is that games with high school protags sell better. They only make them high schoolers because it means more money
>>
I used to think that after Persona 2 eternal punishment they would experiment with adults main characters again but i doubt it anymore
>>
>>342478802
this will be the worst thing for me when i get old
>>
I just wish the characters in these games weren't so perfect. Look at the neet girl, for fuck's sake.
>>
P2 was a fluke, Eternal Punishment especially

Heck in P4, none of the party members are even older than you unlike P3
>>
>>342479102
But Persona 2 EP was baller as fuck.
>>
>>342478802
Im 25 and don't feel that way yet.

I still think the story of a young person growing in a world with certain circumstances is fairly interesting.
>>
>>342478642
Pretty sure you can't use a Persona anymore after a certain age.
>>
>>342479554
Except they're always the fucking same. It's the same coming-of-age story, every fucking time. And it's not just Persona. It's almost every coming-of-age in every media.
>>
can yall just admit these are life simulators for something you never experienced?
>>
>>342479648
time to sleep grandpa
>>
>>342479630
That's an odd claim. Back it up?
>>
>>342479813

That's only a thing from Persona trinity soul. That one anime no one liked.
>>
I expected it so I really don't care.
I really want some kind of Catherine 2, though.
Hyped for Catherine at EVO
>>
>>342479813
Actually, the only thing I can think of off the top of my head is that Akihiko couldn't use his Persona anymore during Trinity Soul. Probably not canon.
>>
>>342478894
This was before the announced any of the characters, back when it was coming winter of 2012. After playing Catherine I thought atlus would explore new territories but nah, teenagers saving the world again
>>
File: 001.jpg (579 KB, 1062x1500) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
579 KB, 1062x1500
>>342478642
If you have played the series, the game is entitled, Megami Iboronku Persona, which means, Goddess Revelations Persona.

Persona revolves around characters discovering their true self, and this is usually happens in high school, hence, the game series revolves around high school students.

SMT is about Goddess Resurection, so the games usually revolves around a central female character and a world that will go under a huge change.

Difference.
>>
>>342479684
Being a kid with superpowers and 10/10 girls after your D?

No, anon. Happened to me everday at school
>>
>>342478642
No because I'm not dumb.
>>
>>342480157
You never stop rediscovering yourself. If you know any adult you know this. It isn't even about being accepted by others but by yourself.
>>
>>342480157
Who discovered their true self in high school? I understand the notion that people can peak in high school, but personalities and priorities change. I've changed several times, since high-school. Hell, even my father is a completely different person to who he was when I was growing up.
>>
>>342480157
this was the shittiest shadow world so far desu
>>
>>342480326
I think it's more about accepting who you are
>>
>>342480326
Only because you're an autistic, intra and interpersonal stunted person
>>
>>342480157
>implying mid 20s, 30s, even fucking 40 year olds can re discover themselves
Come on man, fucking Vincent from Catherine was 32 and that was practically a coming of age story
>>
>>342480157
That is bullshit and you know it. You can discover new things about yourself at any point of your life. They use a highschool setting cause everyone in japan hates growing up
>>
File: 1360719297156.jpg (102 KB, 878x742) Image search: [Google]
1360719297156.jpg
102 KB, 878x742
>>342478642
The point of the Persona series is "highschool kids doing MegaTen things, plus Jungian stuff". There was one game (that was part of a duology) with a couple adult main characters, but otherwise that's what Persona is.
>>
>>342480315
Why does that make me dumb? The NEET girl is 15. 15 is a fucking child
>>
>>342480603
see >>342480515

Vincent was a social retard, so he didnt discover his true self until midlife crisis.

average asians, including japs, gooks, chinks and flips enter high school and learn to accept their true selves.
>>
>>342480902
More like they rape their own identity to fit in.
>>
>>342480902
Id rather play as a socially retarded adult then. At least it's a breath of fresh air compared to
>teenagers saved the day!
And it's not just persona, it's every JRPG. I mean Auron from ff10 looked 45 but his canon age is like 31
>>
>>342481035
well, speaking of psychology

where is the ultimate environment a person enters where he/she learns to shadow/persona?

High School
>>
This is the worst feeling for me as this is my first Persona being outside of high school. I was 15 in 2008.

Though, I can't say I'm "disappointed." Of course the game would be in high school. That's the appeal.
>>
I just can't stand how these game developers think 16-17 year olds have this profound outlook on life. Step aside, 17 year olds are immature shit heads and if they were in the same situation they'd shit their pants.
>>
>>342482031
only because burgerland people can afford to fuck around and leisure.

asians don't have that luxury. Even in Japan, a person is very very very very privileged to be able to study in college, most of the time, its straight to work.
>>
>>342479630
How old was Adachi?
>>
>>342482501
Can confirm. American HS is glorified daycare and fucking universities are HS 2.0
>>
>>342478642
No not everyone has lost their ability to use imagination. Fuck off and play something else.
>>
>>342482602
Rude. Are you also a 17 year old? Or are you a waste of life 35 year old who wants to relive their HS years through a faggy weeb game
>>
>>342482873
You KNOW they're going to end up saving the day through the power of friendship. I just saved you 92 hours
>>
>>342480627
This statement is so retarded a fucking niche video game does not reflect the feelings on an entire society you man child. The reason the characters are all high school students is because that's who the game is being marketed to.

Not to mention for a game that runs on a calendar system it gives a strict timetable from a game-play perspective for morning/day/night events. It forced characters to be in the same environments and provides activities like a school festival instead of just going to a bar.
>>
>>342482873
You missed the mark on both accounts and changing nothing about the game aside from the characters ages would not make it anymore interesting. What grand things would you be able to do as a young adult character that would be so much more interesting? I see you people bitch about this but never provide an actual substitute.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ggsHMHB6zQ

kids, being mature? impossible
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvh93stRfrs

a documentary about sex, narrated by the Big Boss
>>
>>342482520
25 or 27, I think.
>>
>>342483042
It would have worked if they were college students who were taking some of the same core classes
>>
>>342484574
How is that anymore interesting? College kids are complete shit heads what better activities would they be able to do? All I'm hearing unless you provide some examples is it would be easier for you to self insert into.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.