[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You HAVE played this game, right /v/ ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: front.jpg (140 KB, 640x908) Image search: [Google]
front.jpg
140 KB, 640x908
You HAVE played this game, right /v/ ?
>>
File: Fuck yeah, Cossacks.png (683 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Fuck yeah, Cossacks.png
683 KB, 1024x768
>>342472567
Cossacks might be my favourite rts. I played American Conquest too.
>>
All of them plus American Conquest.

2 was shit but atleast 3 seems to fix that an go back to 1's gameplay.
>>
>>342472779
3 looks like the first one's setting with American Conquest's gun mechanics, with actual load times and simulated projectiles.

What did the two other anons who played Cossacks think of American Conquest's garrison system where you stuffed peasants into townhouses to create fortresses rather than spamming towers and walls? I like the idea of the game not revolving around towers but garrisoned buildings were too powerful.
>>
>>342472779
Americas Conquest was fucking fun

Nothing better that slauthering some tribals with your conquistadores
>>
>>342472757
What the fuck is that army composition, Anthony
>>
>>342472567
I have all the Cossacks and American Conquest games in my library from a bundle, but I never tried them. Are they difficult to get into?
>>
>>342473050
Cossacks are known for their brutal campaigns. The game itself is not that hard to get into, though nobody plays it online, except for CIS countries
>>
>>342472984
By the looks of it, I say Pikemen, Grenadiesrs, Mounted musketeers and 24 lb cannons
>>
>>342473107
>CIS countries
Disgusting shitlords.
>>
>>342473135
Thanks, Anthony, but that was a rhetorical question
>>
>>342472984
That's an old screenshot but they seem to be the remnants of three different army groups who are holding together in a cleared space waiting for the next wave of ships to deliver reinforcements. I don't like suiciding entire blocks of infantry, it feels unnecessary against the ai. If a stack of 80 or so soldiers gets blasted down to a handful I usually throw the last few off to the side to guard a mine or something.

>>342473050
>are they difficult to get into
Kind of. Did you ever play age of empires? It's kind of like a really fast and really big age of empires with guns. Only it's all incredibly fluid so the extra management really isn't much trouble. I don't know if any isometric rts handled such huge numbers of units half as gracefully as Cossacks and American Conquest.

Cossacks campaigns are actually pretty awesome but some of them fuck you hard and they all assume you understand the basic mechanics of the game. No easy ramping up campaign for you. But weirdly enough American Conquest does come with a nice and easy steadily escalating campaign to ease you into the mechanics.

>>342473243
I'm Anthony. or am I?
>>
>>342472935
>stuffed peasants into townhouses to create fortresses rather than spamming towers and walls
I hated that shit.

You'd have to have quadrupple the amount of soldiers to actually damage a base.

Atleast in Back To War you only needed to worry about towers and the enemy's army. This shit just adds more difficulty.
>>
>>342473385
Why don't you have several 18th century barracks pumping out pikemen non-stop by 90 minutes of the game, Anthony
>>
>>342473504
Yeah, I agree that sieges were absolutely insane in American Conquest. I remember in some of the campaign missions sending dozens if not hundreds of soldiers into a building with at the most 20 defenders inside and having all of them die without clearing out the inside. And don't even get me started on the fire coming out of the house before you get close. Each building loaded to capacity spits out a machine-gun level of firepower, while the proper fortification buildings were like trying to storm a battleship.

Also why the hell were boats so OP? A rowboat with 3 guys in it took about 200 rounds worth of shot to put down.

>>342473620
If I set up an island game I'm just messing around. And formations of guns are much more fun than pikes.
>>
>>342472947
My problem with it was that i needed like 50 troops to conquer a hut with 5 bushmen inside
>>
>>342472779
There will be a 3?

Thank you God.
>>
I love how cheeky the videos for 3 are so far.
>>
I have both American Conquest and Fight Back.

Which one has the easier and more fun campaign?
>>
Also, is it bad that I played Cossacks initially as a town building game, then got wrecked every time by a single muskateer from the enemy camp until I discovered I had a barrack?
>>
>>342476449
I think American Conquest has better campaigns. I could never really get into the Fight back ones.
>>
>>342477190
Thanks anon!
>>
>>342476608
It's all about building a cool looking fort.

Having a big ass army is secondary.
>>
>>342472567
OF COURSHE
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.