[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
God fucking Damn it. I am so conflicted right now. I had made
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 0.jpg (258 KB, 1386x917) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
258 KB, 1386x917
God fucking Damn it. I am so conflicted right now.

I had made a point to never buy an Amiibo. I wouldn't call them phisycall DLC, because DLC usually don't work on several different games, nor can you borrow a DLC from a friend to use it yourself, but still, it was still additional money to get a complete game and fuck this shit.

Up until now, I was "lucky" in the sense that none of the additional amiibo content so far actually interested me. It was mostly skin or unlock easy mode, so who care.

But here, for ZBotW, I can actually see the point.

You have to do the Ordeal again if you want to reupload it in BotW again, so it's a nice way to not abuse of it.

And I can see the fun of having an element of one game behind transported toward an other game. Plus, it actually reward good players, as wolf Link only has as many heart as he has left at the end of his Ordeal Cave run.

If it was just digital transfer without the amiibo, I would find this functionality weird and a bit random, but the fact that you have to tap an amiibo so that yeah, that physical piece is now inside the game give it all its sense of why it actually does that.

I don't know. I wont buy the amiibo either way (won't buy Twilight HD either, already finished it on the Wii), but for the first time, I really feel like I am missing out something by not buying it.
>>
Why the duck would you want some dog stealing your kills and shit?

I'm happy we don't have a companion to make shit less fun.
>>
>>342471537
>some dog stealing your kills and shit?
You need skill to have that dog in the first place.
>>
>>342471256
You're a weak man, just like so much of /v/. /v/ laughed when horse armor came out and chided Bethesda. But then DLC began coming out that they actually wanted and they caved. Weak, you're all so weak.
>>
>>342472127
>/v/ laughed when horse armor came out
cosmetic have always been okay.

It's actual gameplay content that isn't.
>>
>>342472173
>cosmetic have always been okay.
Nothing is okay.
>>
>>342472127
>LOOK AT ME, CHAMPION OF THE FAGGOTS
We all bow to you.
>>
>>342471993
No. you can summon it whenever and it'll come with three hearts. you just have to do the dungeon if you want more hearts for it.
>>
>>342471537
>>342472554
>Why the duck would you want some dog stealing your kills and shit?
Wolf doesn't steal anything from you.
>>
Does it count as a Link amiibo? Would I be able to use it in anything other than TPHD and BOTW?
>>
Even this seemingly significant use of amiibo is anything but. The combat wont be so tough that you need any help to get through. It's just supposed to be a neat thing for people who own the amiibo anyway

Now, the BotW amiibo that come out with the game and their uses, that could be a different story
>>
Please stop buying this shit. you're only encouraging Nintendo to scam people rather than put out quality products.
>>
>>342471256
Why would you buy an amiibo for a single small feature in a game?
If it's something that'll give you a lot of hours and is heavily interactive, like the Smash stuff, I understand, but this is pretty small.

Granted, I have the amiibo, but still.
Don't be me.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.