[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Old JRPG thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: Radiant-Historia.jpg (449 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Radiant-Historia.jpg
449 KB, 1280x1024
>PC broken
>can emulate up to DS/PS1 games on university computer accounts
>just beat pic related, thinking of trying FF: 4 Heroes of Light and some more RPGs
How was that game? And any suggestions for some good RPGs to emulate?
>>
>rh
>old

it's like from 2012
>>
>>342457312
I just expected discussion to probably center around PS1 golden age era of JRPGs, hence the title.
>>
>>342457234
>Old JRPG thread
Radiant Historia is fantastic but it's not "old" at all.
>>
FF:4HoL is like the beta version of Bravely Default

like part for part the same but easier
>>
play the GOAT PS1 jrpg

aka Vagrant Story
>>
>>342457234
FFIX. It's the best one.
>>
This is my favourite JRPG and one of my favourite games of all time.

I can't recommend it highly enough.
>>
>>342457863
Why that game specifically? I've been meaning to try the SaGa series but I hear Minstrel Song is a good place to start and I can't find an undub patch.
>>
>>342458001

It's a unique game even by SaGa series standards, and has, in my opinion, the best storytelling. It's set over 100 years centered around the story of two people and their descendants, and you get to play through lots of snippets of history as you build up the big picture. The gameplay is unforgiving, but it's more forgiving than a lot of SaGa games so I'd say you're good to start with it so long as you don't just go in expecting an easy ride.

If you choose to, all I can say is explore the first Wil dungeon THOROUGHLY. There are a couple of items you can miss that are incredibly valuable for basically the entire rest of the game.
>>
Legend of (Galactic) Dragoon
>>
File: Suikoden_2.jpg (407 KB, 1442x1442) Image search: [Google]
Suikoden_2.jpg
407 KB, 1442x1442
>>
File: tales.jpg (151 KB, 1596x516) Image search: [Google]
tales.jpg
151 KB, 1596x516
>>
Star Ocean 2 and/or Valkyrie Profile. Also this >>342459223
>>
File: Seiken_Densetsu_3_Front_Cover.jpg (51 KB, 250x421) Image search: [Google]
Seiken_Densetsu_3_Front_Cover.jpg
51 KB, 250x421
My favorite JRPG of all times will always be Seiken Dentetsu 3, if you can't decide on one from the huge list I gonna post of retro (and non retro in the case of DS and gba) JRPGs please play Seiken Dentetsu 3

Other games to emulate that aren't going to be mentioned in the thread (aka: less known) but that are confirmed jewels:

DS:
Soma Bringer
Glory of Heracles
Avalon Code
The dark spire
Element hunters
Golden sun Dark Dawn(play them in order, although you can skip them it isn't recommended to jump directly to Dark Dawn)
Hero's saga: laevatein tactics
Izuna 1 or 2
Phantasy star zero
Super robot taisen OG saga

SNES:
7th saga
Arabian Nights: Sabaku no Seirei
Breath of fire 2
Secret of evermore
Bahamut Lagoon
Terranigma
Choumahou Tairiku Wozz
Hourai Gakuen no Bouken! (toppest of lel animu: the game)
Live a Live

GBA:
Riviera: the promised land
Golden sun (and The Lost age)
Lunar Legend
Summon Night: Swordcraft Story

PS1: (haven't played much)
Any digimon world, but I recommend 2 and 3 more than 1
Grandia
Alundra
>>
>>342464647
The entire Seiken Densetsu series is pretty shitty. But SD3 is the least bad, I guess.
>>
>>342464712
I like Legend of Mana... The mana series is weird, it seems like all the 'fans' have a different game that is their favorite and don't like any of the other games nearly as much.
>>
>>342457312
>>342457437
2012 was 27 years ago guys, I would say its old
>>
>>342464712
eat dick

>>342464787
legend of mana is wonderful as well, but magic is shitty and it has a bit of a problem of "what the fuck am I supposed to do"
>>
>>342457475
great game, easy to break, only hard part is when you need to recover your classes
>>
>>342465048
honestly the whole combat system in LoM is kind of shitty. i just love everything else in that game enough to give the combat a pass.
>>
>>342465261
but the combat system is the selling point

regardless, one thing is saying "I don't like Mana series", which is absolutely fine, but "the mana series are shit" isn't going to slide
>>
File: 47815644_p0.jpg (429 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
47815644_p0.jpg
429 KB, 700x700
I am playing DQII

Despite what everyone said this game is pretty rad. And you can clearly see the improvement from DQI going into this one

>Prince of Cannock dies again
>>
>>342466354
still subpar compared to III tho
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.