[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sim Games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: street_cleaning_simulator_xl.jpg (13 KB, 276x276) Image search: [Google]
street_cleaning_simulator_xl.jpg
13 KB, 276x276
Do any of the "Simulator" games on Steam offer enough to actually help someone know enough about a profession that they'd have a leg up on starting the actual job?

Like for example. could a car mechanic sim team me enough basics about cars that it'd help me fix common problems with my vehicle?

Recommended Sims thread.
>>
I don't think so.

BUT, what these games do is give you a (albeit sometimes very shallow) insight into a profession.
Could help some people who don't know what they wan't to do with their life.
>>
They can also give you ample opportunities to make videos full of the latest dank 4chan memes and get hilarious comments and plenty of views on youtube.
>>
>>342452285
yeah... mostly interested in avoiding those shit bug prone sims that are only worth playing for the bugs.
>>
are there ANY sims that could teach you some sort of life skill???

I'm a fatherless bastard who never grew up with anyone to teach me these things
>>
Eurotruck/Murritruck Simulator
FarmSim (I hope they make the MP more fun with FS17)

>>342452461
Try out
Human Ressource Machine
SpaceChem
for logic and fundamentals of programming.
And then
TIS-100
Screeps
for more in depth programming.
>>
>>342453170
Amazing... thanks Anon!!!!
>>
Rocksmith 2014 for learning guitar
Typing of the Dead for teaching touch-typing.
>>
>>342453782
While Rocksmith is a fun game, I wouldn't recommend it purely for learning the instrument. Maybe as a supplement to an actual teacher/intense self-teaching.
>>
What's the best driving simulator on Steam? I'm a late bloomer and I haven't gotten my license yet.
>>
>>342454057
what does rocksmith lack exactly? Does it basically just teach you muscle memory and help you play the instrument more naturally?
>>
>>342454068
You won't learn how to drive from racing games.

>>342454154
The detection system doesn't work 100% for one. And it teaches you nothing about music theory.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.