[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
freeallegiance.org
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: TFIntFinishesICFrigate.jpg (108 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
TFIntFinishesICFrigate.jpg
108 KB, 1280x1024
/v/ please revive my favorite childhood multiplayer game, Allegiance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJWWo-rQRAE

It's a space sim/rts hybrid. Each team gets a commander who plays like an RTS and research new weapons, different ships, build bases, etc with the end goal of destroying all of the other team's bases, but there's deathmatch and ctf modes as well. Matches can last anywhere from 30 minutes to hours depending on map and game size, and games can have as many as 100 people in them. There's a bunch of different factions with different playstyles, a bunch of different ship types all with different roles and strengths, and it's a good game and like no one plays it anymore. It's old as fuck but it's an incredible game. It's got a steep learning curve, especially for commanding, but it's worth it.

/v/ please play this old ass game so I have someone to play with, the game's been kept alive by a small group of die hard fans but even they are starting to leave
>>
Also, it's free.
>>
>>342434876
This shit looks pretty neat to me.
>>
/v/ please it's a really good game I just want the community to sort of exist again

/v/ please it's a good game

PLEASE BELIEVE ME
>>
>>342435782
you can strafe on all 3 axis, and everything is a projectile so you gotta lead off

there's like giant capital ships and bombers and cloak ships and junk, and lots of ships have turrets that other players can man and shit

it's a good game nigga tell everyone you know
>>
What's the dogfighting like, OP? How does it play with a joystick? What are the physics like?

This game looks cool. I'm somewhat more interested in the sim aspects than the RTS aspects, so is there a role for a player to merely fly around, follow orders, and dogfight enemies?
>>
>>342437360
>so is there a role for a player to merely fly around, follow orders, and dogfight enemies

that's what you're doing 95% of the time if you're not the commander

I think some people played with a joystick but I always played with a mouse and keyboard, dogfights depend on what kind of ships are fighting, and it depends what range you engage someone in, a lot of people make a high speed burn towards enemy fighters so sometimes the fight ends in a game of chicken or even a ram, but if it's like two interceptors it's a lot of circle strafing and dodging when they're fighting.

Scouting with scout ships is important too, and dropping scout probes near bases and wormholes, they're good for repairing things too. A bigger game with 12 people on each side might have a commander telling a couple players to guard a miner, or organizing a big bombing run with the whole team, or whatever.
>>
>>342437360
>>342435782
And like, there's 3 different tech trees, so depending on which one your commander goes you'd go about attacking bases or defending differently with different ships, or you could get screwed over cuz your commander when one tech route, and then you can't find any more of the specific asteroid needed to make those bases.

It's really good game please tell your family
>>
On a scale of EVE to Freespace, how does the combat feel?
>>
File: BelterCruiserTrain_SectorView.jpg (126 KB, 791x474) Image search: [Google]
BelterCruiserTrain_SectorView.jpg
126 KB, 791x474
also you're in space so you carry momentum, you don't turn on a dime or nothing and it takes a while to stop and shit

When your ship is destroyed you don't actually die, you pop out in an escape pod. You gotta get picked up by a friendly, return to a friendly base, get destroyed by an enemy, or run out of oxygen. You get a cumulative damage boost for destroying other ships, but you lose it if your pod is destroyed, but at the same time if you kill another player's pod he gets back into a ship immediately

/v/ please this game is so good

It has like 12 factions that all behave differently, like there's the rixian, who's ships all look like dumb bugs, and they don't have missiles but they research super fast and have terrible pitching speed but super fast yaw speed and shit

and there's belters who got super tanky giant junkyard pieces of shit that are unresponsive and clunky to pilot
>>
>>342434876
this sound slike sins of a solar empire had a baby with battlefield. is it fun? is it really fun?
>>
>>342439106
This is what I'm wondering, too. The video makes it seem a little point-and-clicky, but if it feels good with a joystick, then I'm sold.
>>
i downloaded this shit to play two years ago and then completely forgot about it because i have the attention span of a rock

time to play this and sol contingency
>>
>>342440835
sol contingency is out?
>>
>>342439757
yes /v/ it's incredible but it's impossible to have a decent game with no players

>>342440352
that video is from the perspective of a scout during a bombing run, so all he's doing is shooting the friendly bomber to repair it

the bomber has turrets and all the fighters are flying straight at it, so it's turrets don't have to lead off or aim

>>342439106
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qawIGqw8q28

the reticule turns green when you should be about hitting a target, but it doesn't mean you're hitting him or even hitting him with every projectile
>>
oh shit, the combat looks pretty ... fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WayJcfVp9k
>>
>>342440992
there's a multiplayer demo, not sure if people even still play it though
>>
>>342441084
you should look for stealth fighter gameplay, cuz it's way different, objects block radar signatures and having shields and weapons mounted raise your signature, so you gotta sneak and prowl around to assassinate miners ships and junk

a good stealth pilot with a few upgrades can kill an upgraded miner in like, 10 or 15 seconds, and that's after maybe being spotted for maybe 20, and they can get there in 20 seconds and you still need another 5 or 10 seconds to teleport out.
>>
OP, I've installed it. Is there a way to raise the resolution? It's fucking with my dual monitors, and it doesn't seem like I can go above 800x600.
>>
>>342442031
There's an option for it somewhere, I don't quite remember but I think it can be ran in 1920x1080, but it might not have native wide screen support

also the default controls suck dick and you should bind thruster movements to WASD
>>
>>342442414
Well, I'm in a game. Just one other person here, but I think he's AFK.

Flying around feels good. I need to figure out the controls, though. Where can I re-bind them? I couldn't find it in the Options of the main screen.
>>
>>342434876
Interesting game, I'll check it out later.
>>
>>342442703
I think there's different options when you're in game, but most people that still play this aren't gonna be up until it's like 5 or 6pm in America

that's why you gotta tell everyone eyou know

EVERYONE

SO THAT PEOPLE WILL PLAY THIS GAME AGAIN

It's been 9 years since I played a 50v50 game and it's been a couple years since I could play anything bigger than a 10v10
>>
Downloading now OP, this looks like my fucking dream game, how have i not heard of this?
>>
Was this game really active in the past?
>>
>>342443817
cuz it's like 15 years old, literally

>>342444438
5 years ago I could find a game once in a while with a good number of people. Around 10 years ago there was always one or two decent sized games going, though unless it was the weekends late nights were a bit underpopulated.
>>
File: 1463920425164.jpg (139 KB, 1023x682) Image search: [Google]
1463920425164.jpg
139 KB, 1023x682
What the fuck i remember reading about this game in a PC Gamer magazine like 16 years ago.
>>
>>342445262
It never got finished if irrc, it released in 2001 with just the multiplayer but I think there was supposed to be a single player campaign.

It's sort of like Urban Assault, but in space. The commander can issue orders and tell certain NPC ships what to do, but he has no real attack craft that aren't player operated. He can go out and pilot shit too, but he loses a lot of situational awareness doing that
>>
I'm in a game, OP. Just set the controls. Seems pretty fun, though I haven't done any real combat yet except fucking around dogfighting someone.
>>
downloading now, its gonna take me a little while tho. I'll see if I can get some people I know to play
>>
>>342445603
fuck i miss urban assault
i played that shit all the time as a kid
>>
this is actually really fun
>>
DONT DOWNLOAD IS VIRUS
>>
>>342447742
NOOOO it's not it's a really good game

it just needs like 14 or 20 people to be really good, otherwise it's a bit slow and nothing really happens
>>
>>342448724
well hopefully we'll have around that number i plan on telling quite a few friends about this
>>
holy shit that was amazing, even with the few players

I can see it being incredibly fun with a lot
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.