[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Objectively better than 3. Better story, betting pacing, better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (150 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150 KB, 1280x720
Objectively better than 3. Better story, betting pacing, better villains, better gameplay. Simpler, but still better.
>>
MG2 is better
>>
>>342434102

I'm glad you agree mein niger
>>
>story
Yes
>pacing
No
>Villains
Yes
>Gameplay
No
>>
>>342434205
he said MG 2, not MGS 2
>>
>>342434020
Notice MGS2 fags keep telling everyone this and making threads?

No one believes you.
>>
>Simpler
MGS2 is the epitome of being convoluted as fuck. great game though
>>
It's better then 3 but assblasted fags won't accept it cause muh snake
>>
>>342434832
Literally everything is spelled out for you, how is it convoluted?
>>
File: 1347418818116.png (148 KB, 370x507) Image search: [Google]
1347418818116.png
148 KB, 370x507
>>342434020
>/v/ 10 years ago preferred mgs3 since they were old enough to have played mgs1 first, didn't like the shitty raiden bait and switch, and preferred a colorful game with memorable characters over a monochrome backtracking heavy sterile hallway-fest with annoying characters and shitty story that pretends to be complicated
>modern /v/ prefers mgs2 since they were too young for ps1 and want to be hipsters by hating the best mgs (which is mgs3 easily)
>>
>>342434020
>Objectively
No.
I agree though, on all counts. MGS3's gameplay was the beginning of a downward slide in focus.
>>
>>342434020

>better pacing
Hell no. MGS2 has the weakest pacing aside from V. The middle act of the game is doing chores on Big Shell.
>better gameplay
This is subjective. MGS3 is clearly more complex, while 2 is totally faster-paced/arcadey. They're almost totally different types of games altogether because of this.
>better villains
Despite 3 having better boss fights, 2's villains are more memorable. I'll give you that.
>>
Why was the ending so fucking long? I can't remember 1/100 of the 2deep4me shit that Colonel spouted out.
>>
>>342434020
>Objectively
Reminder to avoid confusion by replacing this word with IMO anytime you see it on /v/.
>>
>>342435309
The middle act still revolves around sneaking though, and the narrative is more dynamic. MGS2 struggles in terms of presentation, but more happens more often. Not much happens in MGS3 between the Boss's supposed defection until you reach Groznyj Grad. It just seems like it because, compared to MGS1 and MGS2, the game is more linear and aesthetically varied.

It's hard for me to consider bomb freezing a chore given it still revolves around the core idea of the game, anyway. I never minded it. Same goes for Emma.
>>
Colonel: Raiden, are you receiving? We're still here.
Raiden: How's that possible!?The AI was destroyed!
Raiden: Who are you?
Colonel: To begin with--we're not what you'd call --human.Over the past two hundred years --A kind of consciousness formed layer by layer in the crucible of the White House.It's not unlike the way life started in the oceans four billion years ago.
The White House was our primordial soup, a base of evolution--We are formless. We are the very discipline and morality that Americans invoke so often.How can anyone hope to eliminate us? As long as this nation exists, so will we.
Raiden: Cut the crap! If you're immortal, why would you take away individual freedoms and censor the Net?
Rose: Jack, don't be silly.
Colonel: Don't you know that our plans have your interests -not ours -in mind?
Rose: Jack, listen carefully like a good boy!
Colonel: The mapping of the human genome was completed early this century.As a result, the evolutionary log of the human race lay open to us.
Rose: We started with genetic engineering, and in the end, we succeeded in digitizing life itself.
Colonel: But there are things not covered by genetic information.Human memories, ideas. Culture. History.
Rose: Genes don't contain any record of human history.
Colonel: Is it something that should not be passed on?Should that information be left at the mercy of nature?
Rose: We've always kept records of our lives. Through words, pictures, symbols...from tablets to books..But not all the information was inherited by later generations.
Colonel: A small percentage of the whole was selected and processed, then passed on. Not unlike genes, really.
Rose: That's what history is, Jack.
Colonel: But in the current, digitized world,trivial information is accumulating every second,preserved in all its triteness.Never fading, always accessible
Rose: Rumors about petty issues,misinterpretations,slander..
Colonel: All this junk data preserved in an unfiltered state, growing at an alarming rate.
>>
Colonel: Raiden, you seem to think that our plan is one of censorship.
Raiden: Are you telling me it's not!?
Rose: You're being silly! What we propose to do is not to control content, but to create context.
Raiden: Create context?
Colonel: The digital society furthers human flaws and selectively rewards
development of convenient half-truths.
Just look at the strange juxtapositions of morality around you.
Rose: Billions spent on new weapons in order to humanely murder other humans.
Colonel: Rights of criminals are given more respect than the privacy of their victims.
Rose: Although there are people suffering in poverty, huge donations are made to protect endangered species.
Everyone grows up being told the same thing.
Colonel: Be nice to other people.
Rose: But beat out the competition!
Colonel: "You're special." "Believe in yourself and you will succeed."
Rose: But it's obvious from the start that only a few can succeed...
Colonel: You exercise your right to "freedom" and this is the result.
All rhetoric to avoid conflict and protect each other from hurt.
The untested truths spun by different interests continue to churn and accumulate
in the sandbox of political correctness and value systems.
Rose: Everyone withdraws into their own small gated community, afraid of a larger forum.
They stay inside their little ponds,
leaking whatever "truth" suits them into the growing cesspool of society at large.
Colonel: The different cardinal truths neither clash nor mesh.
No one is invalidated, but nobody is right.
Rose: Not even natural selection can take place here. The world is being engulfed in "truth."
>>
>>342434020
I just wish this underaged board agreed that MGS series died after 3.
>>
>>342434020
I loved MGS2 and 3 equally.
>>
>>342434020
I'm glad someone came out and said it among all the MGS3 shitters. MGS3 was a complete clusterfuck menu simulator with horrible gameplay direction. The story was also extremely lackluster compared to the previous two titles which blended gameplay and story almost perfectly. People will say that MGS4 ruined the franchise when in reality it was MGS3 that killed it.
>>
>>342435178
>Menus: The Game
>Best MGS

No.

>>342436236

It ended with 2. 3 is fan fiction barely a step above 4.
>>
>>342436829

I said it was better than 3, I didn't say 4 wasn't the best of the series (it is)
>>
>>342434567
gameplay was fun
villans/bosses were batshit crazy
>>
>>342437136
Metal Gear Solid 2 had some of the most boring and bland bosses in MGS history
>>
>>342434020
Agree on all except pacing. The first half of the Plant segment was SO FUCKING SLOW. Solidus was a good villain and the story was outstanding for the time and still better than most modern video game stories and it's themes are still relevant today, perhaps moreso than when it was released. As for gameplay I think it's fair to like 3 over 2 depending on taste. Very good game though, one of the best of all time despite it's numerous shortcomings.
>>
>>342434020
>betting pacing
Backtracking stuts isn't good pacing.
>better villains
Try the worst villains.
>>
>>342438636
>Try the worst villains.

Better than MUH BOSS which objectively ruined the entire series, past and future.
>>
MGS1>MGS2>MGS3>MG2>MGSV>MGSPW>MG1>MGS4

None of them are outright 'bad'.
>>
>>342438808
Fortune was awful, fat bomb guy was forgettable, Vamp was fine, Solidus was great, if there are any others I can't even remember them.

MGS2 suffered the most from cut content.
>>
File: 1446969563574.jpg (36 KB, 510x697) Image search: [Google]
1446969563574.jpg
36 KB, 510x697
>>342439078
>fat bomb guy was forgettable
>>
>>342439078
>no chinaman fight
>ever
>>
>>342439473
I don't know what you're implying, but he was. He didn't really get much characterization.

It's a shame Old Boy and Chinaman were cut, even though it added some desperation to Dead Cell and which helped the story.
>>
Would have been better as a Snake game.
>>
>>342434020
objectively no one remembers solidus when you mention mgs 2
literally everyone remembers the boss when you mention mgs 3
>>
>>342439473
he was

his boss fight was pretty disappointing and unmemorable

>oh do the same thing you were doing for the past 10-20 minutes mixed with shooting

i was really disappointed that all he had was a fucking tmp. no grenade launcher or anything
>>
>tfw i love mgs2 and 3 equally and for their own individual merits
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.