[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Visual Novels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: red-flag.jpg (610 KB, 1132x1696) Image search: [Google]
red-flag.jpg
610 KB, 1132x1696
How the fuck is this a game? You do not "play" a visual novel, all you do is hit the fucking O(B) button to read more shit. It's basically a better way to read a fucking manga. But how is that a game, what the fuck.

And most importantly, why are you morons buying this shit up for full on 59.99?
>>
I'd say it's the bare minimum of what could be considered a game, there's branching decision trees and your outcome is different depending on what buttons you pressed.

Though there also exist visual novels where the ARE no branching choices, and those are literally not video games.
>>
It's not, who the fuck told you VNs are games? You don't play them, but you can say you are because you aren't just reading, listening, or viewing art, you are interacting with it. While saying that you're playing it is not an accurate description, it's one that gets the point across.
>>
Wow I was just about to post this thread.. but you're right

And I'm not buying the game, I'm getting it illegally... There's no good BL VNs anyway
>>
File: metal-gear-solid-title.jpg (23 KB, 468x328) Image search: [Google]
metal-gear-solid-title.jpg
23 KB, 468x328
How the fuck is this a game? You do not "play" a metal gear game, all you do is wait for the video player to stop and then play pac man for 5 minutes. It's basically a worse way to watch a fucking movie. But how is that a game, what the fuck.

And most importantly, why are you morons buying this shit up for full on 59.99?
>>
The only one I've played so far is Kawata Shojou.
>>
VNs aren't games, this has been established on /v/ a fucking decade ago.
>>
A lot of VNs have good gameplay elements though, Danganronpa for example.
>>
>>342421691
Danganronpa is a game tho.
>>
>>342421176
If it gets the point across then that means it's the correct word to use dingus. Don't try to appease to OPs faggot self.
>>
>>342420876
/v/ has shit taste, who knew. When they praise games like New Vegas where story is the only redeeming factor and everything else is shit thats how you know
>>
why does it even matter?
>>
>>342421691
dangitronpaul is a game with visual novel elements. so is persona, for example.
>>
File: 1460685910607.jpg (84 KB, 540x666) Image search: [Google]
1460685910607.jpg
84 KB, 540x666
>>342420876
I came probably a good 6 litres to Starless: Nymphomaniac Paradise for about $40. worth it for me, and I wanted to support the devs.
>>
>>342422278
It's fun!
>>
What is a game by definition?
>>
>>342420876
What about VNs with gameplay like Baldr Sky and Galaxy Angel?
>>
>>342422646
Comes with rules, challenge and often competition.
>>
>>342422646
To be a game
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.