[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Be honest. Have you ever STOLEN a video game? Not pirated, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 22
File: 1454815356286.jpg (107 KB, 467x535) Image search: [Google]
1454815356286.jpg
107 KB, 467x535
Be honest. Have you ever STOLEN a video game? Not pirated, but actually shoplifted from a store. Did you get caught? Did you feel guilty? Tell me all about it anon.
>>
Never
>>
Yes. No. No. Maybe later.
>>
Used to steal from kmart all the time. I swear the cameras are just for show
>>
I stole a 20 dollar copy of morrowind from gamestop when I was like 14 and I've felt bad about it ever since. Literally a week later is when the store made the switch to not carrying PC games at all and I thought this was my fault for years ; ;
>>
>stealing

I hope you get caught
>>
>>342382105
I did. FFVI for psx. No regrets.
>>
in 2010 I found an unopened Xbox huge and copies of KOTOR II and Jet Set Radio Future. There was an inventory sheet that said they were supposed to be used to demonstrate advertising or something and they were unopened. I shoved em in my bag on my last day there and never returned. I played Kotor through 4 times and Jet Set Radio Future like 80 hours, I never got all the graffiti souls. I felt like I liberated them from a horrible fate and still have JSRF to this day
>>
>>342383182
the cameras are only used if a theft is reported
>>
uhm
i broke into todd howards mansion and stole his itch cream does that count
>>
I'm not a nigger
>>
Why risk shoplifting when you can pirate? Less work and less risky.
>>
I switched prices on games to buy them cheaper. The original steam sales.
>>
>>342382105
No, why bother when piracy is so much easier and isn't actually theft?
>>
>>342382105
>tfw I will never play SimReich
>>
>>342382105
>THRILLHO
>>
File: ;;.jpg (113 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
;;.jpg
113 KB, 1024x1024
What's the saddest simpsons episode? I'm stuck between pic related and Bart Gets an F
>>
Never from a store but I used to steal from my little cousin. His parents had money, he owned most consoles and a ton of games to go along with them. My parents could only afford to buy me one or two games a year, not that it makes it right.

Whenever we would visit my Aunt, I would take a game or two. They didn't notice until I started getting greedy and thinking I would get away with it. I got myself caught when I was taking about 5 or 6 games per visit, which was about twice a month.
>>
I steal PS4 controllers all the time. The controllers are made like shit so the springs in the triggers always end up breaking. I switch the old controllers out with new ones at Kmarts or Walmarts and then do a return for my money back. Works like a charm.
>>
File: 1382244495711.gif (2 MB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
1382244495711.gif
2 MB, 350x197
My brother used to steal demo disks from Magazines before we got caught.
>>
>>342385027
I've done this. Just keep the box and it's unlimited free controllers. They literally never even check.
>>
stole league of legends from target, and paid 20 bones for the other half of the launch characters. ( I miss s1, tencent wrecked the game's vision)

multiple copies of starcraft 2 out of sheer bitterness for 25 bone server xfers for WoW

legend of mana from the public library. Still have this one. I tried for years to get a copy legit but outside of a Toys R Us on launch week I never saw it anywhere. No regrets. The non linear story telling and fairy tale like nature gives me a yearly playthru. its like revisiting a favorite album, more than a movie, never get bored.

If u ever worked retail you'd feel way less bad about it
>>
>>342384997
>stealing from family

you monster
>>
Stole plenty of games when I was between 10-14. Then I got my first job and started buying games.

The very first time you do it you are fucking shitting yourself. I rember feeling so numb. My heart felt like it was pounding in my mouth. When I got home I felt euphoric.

After that its pretty easy and your not as nervous. Didn't feel bad then and I don't feel bad now. I was a dumb kid for one, and why should I give a fuck if a store loses out on a little money.

Stealing vidya is bad and I wouldn't encourage it, but it's not a crime that deserves crucification like some people on this board seem to believe.

Not everyone can afford new games month.
>>
>>342385630
story?
>>
I once robbed a gamestop at gunpoint when I was 14. Never got caught because it was in the inner city.
>>
Stole a gold cart of OOT from a thrift store once

They only wanted $3 for it but it was cash only and I didint want to risk leaving to go to an ATM and having it be gone by the time I got back.
>>
File: Wizards N' Shit, Yo.jpg (174 KB, 656x880) Image search: [Google]
Wizards N' Shit, Yo.jpg
174 KB, 656x880
>>342386474
Get those wizard games now! Put em in the bag bitch!
>>
My brother stole a promo code out of a game store copy of Mario Kart 8 and downloaded Pikmin 3 with it.
>>
>>342385875
My dad was in the army and was posted in Germany at the time. We had a little store called a NAFFI and that's where I would get my vidya.

Whenever my parents would go to the electronics section, I would spend the whole time looking at games, reading the back of all the cases etc. At the exit of the store was the alarm system and every item had those weird electric tag things. If the tag was on when you crossed the exit, the alarm would go off.

One day my dad bought something but as we left the alarm went off. Security came but the clerk at the cashier waved my dad through saying that there must be something wrong with the alarm.

That's when I had the idea to go buy something cheap, then swipe a game into my bag as I left. The alarm would of course go off, but the clerk would just wave me through knowing that I had just bought something thinking that the alarm was broken.

Never got my bag searched and nobody ever caught up on what I was doing. Did this once every month or two. Was real easy when the place was busy.
>>
>Not carefully unwrapping new games at home, taking out the cd, putting a blank disc in, sealing it up and returning it for full refund

Dumb. All of you
>>
Some EQ expansion. I wrote down the code and left the disk.
>>
>>342382105
Benches like these would be setup in our middle school cafeteria, and kids would often sit down and put their bags behind the seat. So I would sit parallel to them on the next bench and start digging through their bags for stuff.

I got a GBA SP with a copy of Pokemon Sapphire, several Yugioh decks, and a few wallets this way.
>>
>>342384509
It was a different time. To steal was a political act regardless of one's conviction or social status, it could make a boring housewife into a sinful and sexy teenager. Today pirating is private. Now the undesirables are kept to their 4chinbook's anime waifu sudleddits without bothering the normie productive members of society lumpenproletariat. It's a good arrangement if you ask me, until it's not and pedos come in contact with unsupervised children.
>>
At around Christmas time at work, I had found this small transparent package of christmas lights that had been stolen. The lights were gone, but the package had no signs of tampering. No holes, no cuts, the package didn't even show signs of having been bent. The adhesive holding the transparent plastic in place hadn't even been damaged. It was as if the thief had warped the lights out of the package with magic.

I'm convinced it was a master thief, I just don't know why he was stealing $3 christmas lights instead of national secrets or something. The whole world is at his finger tips, and he chose my store.
>>
>>342382105
No, but I bought one.
A friend sold it to me, and then another friend(who knew him better) asked me what I tought why it was so cheap.
It bothered me a little, but the friend I bought it from had a pretty shitty life, so I really don´t hold it against him.
>>
>>342384686
>piracy is so much easier
You underestimate how easy theft actually is.
>>
>>342387464
They never noticed that the same guy was setting off the alarm every time by "accident"?
>>
>>342388949
You still need to get dressed and not smell like cum and piss. FUCK. THAT.
>>
>>342388949
>Theft is easier
>When there are literally dozens of cameras everywhere.

I'll expect to see your video soon anon.
>>
I thought everyone stole demo disc/games from magazines, do they still do this? I know /v/ is underage and has no idea what i'm talking about though :(
>>
I stole a copy of Discworld 2: Mortality Bytes back in like 96.

I then brought it back because even for a point n click it was not very fun.
>>
>>342384967
the one where homer sells his shares too early
>>
>>342384967
Anything with Homer's mom is pretty fucking heart wrenching.
>>
I bought a copy of the evil within for full price, brought it back to the store and refused to take my money back. So reverse stealing I guess.
>>
>>342385381
>>342389541
My mom stole me some. It was years ago.
>>
I work at a local game store and just yesterday i'm positive some little fucking Mexican piece of shit walked out of my store with a copy of Captain America and the Avengers on Sega Genesis.

>>342384595
I hate you with every fiber of my being Anon.
>>
Never did but I knew a friend that did. His tactic was weird but it worked.

>Friend stole games at BJ's
>He does it by wearing a big enough coat
>Positions himself near the games so the camera is either out of view or thinks he's looking at the games
>Grabs the game and since its a large coat, his arms aren't in the sleeves so he can grab and steal the game without suspicion which in camera's view it looks like he's just looking at the games although he's stealing it and camera isn't aware of the theft
>Walks to the restroom
>Opens the box of the PC game and takes the game disc(s) and CD key and other contents he might need
>Throws the rest and box in the trash can before leaving restroom
>Leaves store and the detectors at the entrance/exit doesn't go off because the box had a security sticker which he threw the box away in the restroom

Pretty damn genious.
>>
File: chiko-9-rcm0x1920u.jpg (380 KB, 3196x1920) Image search: [Google]
chiko-9-rcm0x1920u.jpg
380 KB, 3196x1920
>>342382105
I used to steal gb and gbc games at flea markets.
But recently I trick teenagers and retards
who work at gas stations to give me paysafe
and psn codes it works like every 2nd or 3rd try.
>>342389541
Now that you said it, I remember that I stole
a demo with soul reaver and some ant game from a playstation magazine.
>>
File: simpsons 1980 per 1024 feels.jpg (295 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
simpsons 1980 per 1024 feels.jpg
295 KB, 1920x1080
>>342389750
For a singular moment nothing can top this, not even the actual death of the character. But that's just one moment.

For the actual saddest episode overall my vote would go to Marge and Homer's separation in season 5 finale; "Secrets of a Successful Marriage".
>>
>>342384967
The one where Ned opens up his shop
>>
>>342382105
Stole Uncharted 2 before it came out and my dumbass played online with some other dude and he asked me how I got my copy cuz he got his from an event.
I said I was there too lol.
>>
>>342382105
Believe it or not but i stole the collectors edition of Rome 2 from Game. I have also taken some steelbook cases beacuse they look cool.
>>
File: Bonestorm.jpg (169 KB, 441x502) Image search: [Google]
Bonestorm.jpg
169 KB, 441x502
>>342382105
>>
File: simpson videogames.jpg (874 KB, 620x7779) Image search: [Google]
simpson videogames.jpg
874 KB, 620x7779
>>
>>342396040
Buy Me Bonestorm OR GO TO HELL!
>>
Yes, I took red dead into the bathroom and ripped the bar code off when I was younger
>>
>>342396623
Why is it mostly arcades?
>>
i shoplifted tons of pokemon cards from target before until target caught on and banned me. meh
>>
I had a childhood friend who borrowed Worms 3D from me and he moved away, I still had his copy of Def Jam Fight for NY so I'd call it a fair trade.
>>
>>342382105
Sort of.
I was in a charity shop once and saw a copy of Starcraft 1. Opened it up and there was a copy of some other game which I can't remember instead of Starcraft, but the CD Key was still written in the box. I didn't really want to buy the thing since it was essentially just a Starcraft box, so I took a picture of the CD key and went home to register it on battle.net, and sure enough it wasn't in use.
>>
>>342397541
>Worms 3d
You call that a fair trade Chad? your friend got ripped off!
>>
Yes, but it didn't work on my PC.
>>
>>342391828
>I trick teenagers and retards
who work at gas stations to give me paysafe
and psn codes
How do you do this? I'm very intrested in knowing, just in case.
>>
>>342382105
A friend wanted to get rid of his copy of Symphony of the Night because he was selling his PSX. I told him I'd pay him $20 for it.

I gave him $5 and he forgot to collect the rest. Best $5 I ever spent.
>>
Wait, black people use 4chan?
>>
>>342397779
I thought Worms 3D was fun, never played the 2nd one though so I don't know if they ever improved on it.
>>
>>342384509
Pirating is lame and we're talking about when we were younger
>>
>>342384509
There was a time without internet.
>>
>>342385471
>Legend of Mana
>from public library

The only reason I'm mad about this post is that other people won't get to experience that beautiful game for free.

I did not expect to like LoM as much as I did. Holy shit is it great.
>>
>>342384212
I find hard to believe you easily stuffed a huegbox in your bag.
>>
>>342398353
I'm hispanic and I post in 4chan, I might post again but you'll never know it was me.
>>
I've stolen from people, but never a store
Sometimes I do think about it though, like at gamestop I don't see any of those theft detector things I see in department stores, so what would stop me from walking in with a messenger bag, placing an amiibo box inside, then walking out?
>>
>>342382105
I stole a shit ton from Wal-Mart. Probably like 6 each time i went. I traded them in, and got a bunch of new games. Never felt bad once.
>>
>>342388572
Stealing from stores is one thing but fuck that
You ruined some kids month buy taking his gameboy
>>
I once stole a copy of pokemon crystal from a guy at my church.
he was mentally retarded since birth and had some kind of muscle conditionlike a month after I took it he died.

I'm normally a pretty morally upright kind of guy but that one thing I did as a kid will continue to haunt me until I die
>>
I used to steal the 2 month Xbox live subscriptions from used games in gamestop. Got about 3 free years of it. Feels a little bad. Maybe someone just wanted to try halo 2 multi-player. Shit. I deprived someone that experience. Feel real bad.
>>
File: 1465399192419.jpg (49 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1465399192419.jpg
49 KB, 480x480
Shoplifted from a store? No. Stole shitloads of games and Pokémon cards from kids in school, though.
Biggest thing I ever stole was a Game Boy Advance. Best game I ever stole was Dragon Warrior Monsters 2.

I was almost caught once. Some girl spotted me poking around the cubbies during recess. I told her I'd kill her dog if she told anybody, and she never did.
>>
>>342385381
I used to do that with Yugioh cards in library copies of Shonen Jump.
>>
>>342401292
You probably kept that poor girl up for weeks.
>>
I stole a game from a friend if that counts.

It's okay though because he fucking stole from me first.
>>
>>342384509
Underaged detected
>>
File: BONESTOOOOOORM.jpg (33 KB, 436x319) Image search: [Google]
BONESTOOOOOORM.jpg
33 KB, 436x319
>>
File: game of bones.png (325 KB, 1382x1116) Image search: [Google]
game of bones.png
325 KB, 1382x1116
>>342402841
>>
File: 1443981185321.jpg (649 KB, 533x354) Image search: [Google]
1443981185321.jpg
649 KB, 533x354
>>342402726
>he didn't know how to pirate games in the '90s and early 2000s
>>
no, but once i found a closet full of DS games cartridges just opened with no one to look after it in a game shop. I had a look but all the games in it were shit so i didn't take any
>>
Nah I would never do it because I was a pussy but even if I had the balls it could never happened because I never seen a shop with cds in the cases.
If I had the balls and guaranteed I would never get caught, I would do it.
>>
>>342382105
Dude, I'm a pirate, not a mexican.
>>
Way back in the day me and a friend stole dragon quest VII from sam goode(y) . Had to go to a friends house to borrow a huge slotted screwdriver to pry open the security case.
>>
>>342384967
When bleeding gums dies and Lisa plays jazzman
>>
I stole wario land for the virtual boy from Best Buy, I snapped the security chase, tuck the game on my jacket, then rushed to the bathroom, threw away the box into the toilet and saved the cartridge and the booklet, then left the store.

They didn't have security things on the bathrooms back then, but they added them a few years after.

I played that shit so much i think I fucked up my eyes and I get eye strain sometimes, I was poor and blowed all my n64 saved money into the virtual boy and was left with no money to buy games, hard times.
>>
>>342387064
that comic is very racist
>>
>>342392052
what episode is this?
>>
File: nigga.jpg (33 KB, 507x522) Image search: [Google]
nigga.jpg
33 KB, 507x522
>>342407049
>>
Never flat out stolen any videogames, but I've borrowed some and never returned them

>borrow Goldeneye from cousin when he's in college
>his N64 is at his parents' house now and he lives hundreds of miles away

>sister's ex brought PS2 to our house years ago
>he never asked for it back when they broke up
>>
File: 1465964759680.jpg (92 KB, 680x660) Image search: [Google]
1465964759680.jpg
92 KB, 680x660
I use to steal 3 at a time at circuit city. If I didn't like it I would sell them to a local store and buy systems and games I wanted to try. I never got caught, but my friend and I always jokes about how we were the ones who put circuit city out of business. And that's how I got my silver gamecube with zelda 1/2/oot/mm
>>
>>342383157
Yes, like a fuck ton as a kid. It was mostly a 'because I could" kind of thing. This became stupidly easy once "you just need the CD key" became more common.

Small knife, open case by a crack, use said knife to stab at the cd key paper and return.
Seriously it became like an artform for me. I stopped when I was at a walmart and clearly was being watched by one of the clothed asset protection guys
The sad thing?
I work in asset protection now
>>
>>342405217
Lisa episodes used to be fucking great and full of emotion too.
Its saddening to think that now she is just a soulless annoying bitch
>>
>>342407913
Really, Anon?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfGAleaUa2o

It still destroys me to this day
>>
>>342408834
Let's be real, even pre 8/9 season she was a bit of a pontificating bitch.
>>
>>342384997
Not only was he family, he was younger so he probably never wanted to confront you or snitch because he respected you. That's the worst part.
>>
>>342382105
Yeah, me and my buddies stole codes from WoW Battle Chests. One of my friends is a long time WoW player and he kept egging me and our other friend to join him. I really didn't want to pay for the game because I didn't like MMOs (and I still don't) so he proposed to just steal them. We went to a Walmart, cut up the boxes, took the codes, then we played for a couple of months and I just quit because I got bored.
>>
>>342401665
>always go to the Shonen jump weekly section
>Open look for cards
>always gone

everytime
>>
>>342382105
gamestop tossed out boxes
i took boxes to FYE when they still had games, told them the games weren't in the boxes when i opened them and got the games for free because the manager didn't want to have to deal with shit

that is how i got SRT OG 1 and 2
>>
>grow up in poor eastern yurop
>parents instill values and tradition
>degenerate westerners stealing from their comrades and brothers
>>
File: SEGA.png (123 KB, 761x1500) Image search: [Google]
SEGA.png
123 KB, 761x1500
>>342413323
nigga please.
>>
File: image.jpg (425 KB, 800x726) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
425 KB, 800x726
>>342382105
>meet cute girl in 1st grade
>we're still too young to know about romance and sex and shit but we hang out quite often
>come 10th grade she had been going through a bit of a hard time
>her sister was a major druggie and constantly abused her. Her parents were too stupid to notice or care.
>being the white knight that I am, I hatch up a plan to fuck over her sister
>go over to girl's house with my intent being to steal something from to parents and plant it in the sister's room so she gets heat for it
>first thing I find is an NES with a copy of Zelda 1 in it
>put the NES in the girl's room and take the game for myself so they think she sold it for drug money already
Continued in next post
>>
>>342414313
Don't forget Aussies and "Sea-ga"
>>
File: 250885.jpg (28 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
250885.jpg
28 KB, 225x350
I worked in a former Play N Trade that had absolutely no inventory system, no form of oversight or security. I stole over $3000 worth of games from that store, including some really rare ones. Several systems, even installations, shelving, and TVs.

Probably single handedly drove it out of business. The managers were multi millionaires and huge assholes anyway, so no regrets.
>>
>>342397349
Because the show started in 1989, and arcades were still a thing (and it was written by people who lived in a time when they were popular).
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1500x1028) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1500x1028
>>342414535
>everyone is out of the house doing errands or some shit so getting caught wasn't a problem
>leave the same way I get in, chuckling because I'd just presumably scored
>go home and plan to tell the girl tomorrow. Expect some mad pussy.
>the next day at school, I notice the girl now has a black eye
>ask her what happened and she tells me that the parents beat her for taking the NES without suspicion
>realize that eithet I fucked up and picked the wrong room or the sister did something to implicate her sister
>tell the girl the truth and give her the Zelda game back
>she accepts it but now she and her family hate me
>she never contacts me again and deliberately avoids me at our highschool reunion
Did I fuck up, bros?
>>
of course not! im white
>>
>>342382105
No cause I'm not a nigger
>>
I sometimes snap pictures of DLC codes at Gamestop. They'll leave inserts in the cases and most of them are unused, especially if the game is "new." I got Battlefield 3 Premium, God of War: Origins, and Borderlands 2 DLC on the Vita.

I know it's technically wrong, but I don't know that I feel bad about it.
>>
>>342410786
>>342408834
She is Matt Groening's personal character; Bart is his bratty child self, but she's his heart. So at least early on she was both his way of making very personal points, while gradually just becoming the voice for his political and philosophical stances.

Groening is a cool dude, but a Gen X Portland post-hippie/proto-hipster through and through.
>>
>>342382105
Not directly steal, but I got some games that I "borrowed" from friends and never returned.
>>
>>342415176
Yeah because you're a petty cunt who would rather act on impulse than think.
>>
>>342415176
Yes. You fell for the 3D meme.
>>
Had a huge cd case full of games I'd buy used, gently peel off the used security sticker and return empty boxes because "brother changed his mind :)".

Always thought that's the reason behind why GAME closed its stores in Ireland.

Still go to used vidya shops to take promotion codes and 48h xbox codes out to sell. I do it mostly for +rep, and the money is pretty neat too.
>>
File: Diddy-Kong-Racing.jpg (610 KB, 1389x2013) Image search: [Google]
Diddy-Kong-Racing.jpg
610 KB, 1389x2013
>>342382105
No, but I did forget to return the instruction manual for Diddy Kong Racing when i was a kid.
>>
>>342403304
Youre full of shit, downloading games from irc and stuff would take way too long on disk up, not to mention bandwidth charges
>>
>>342382105
I don't think I've ever directly stolen videogames before but I routinely take hundreds of dollars from my family members so I can buy vidya. I don't think it's that big of a deal.
>>
>>342415642
At least my plan was rock-solid, right?
>>342415847
I've learned my lesson. From now on, I deal in 2D ONLY.
>>
>>342382105
Has anyone here actually gotten arrested for stealing before?
>>
>>342382105
Man, why did this thread die so quickly?
>>
>>342388793
I don't know why this story made me laugh so hard, but it did.
>>
>>342416306
>not spending full day downloading 20+ 100mb rar archives from rapidshare

Kids these days.
>>
>>342408628
Just so you know, I'm imagining a low-budget action movie based on your life.
>>
>>342419661
t.le /r/4chan patron
Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.