[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your biggest concern about this game? So far I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
What's your biggest concern about this game?

So far I think it's great despite the popping isues and frame drops which i hope they'll fix (at least in the NX version).

However I think the music kinda sounds like ass. I understand you'll be around the overworld for the longest time and could be annoying listening to the same theme the over and over, yet the combat themes and the temple of time music sound like shit.

Also, some technology recap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKvSw6rk75w
>>
>>342380496
they already said that the overworld won't have a theme
>>
I feel as if the novelty of open world and A HUNDRED DUNGEONS will wear off after awhile and have the game suffer from the same redundancy that made Skyrim such a piece of shit.

I mean, some of the features look really cool, don't get me wrong. However, that watered down element definitely poses a threat.
>>
>>342380496
My concern is that you acquire every special items within the first part of the game and the rest of the game.
Also I fear you can't upgrade any of these special items. Like the magnet or bombs.
>>
>>342380908
This.
I also fear all the TECHNOLOGY stuff has already been shown more or less.

I've never liked the moblin designs and I hope the combat gets some tightening up.
I've heard people gushing about the enemies doing a lot of damage, but that doesn't matter if the combat itself isn't fun at all.
>>
All the shitposting that will occur after release, actually.

>It's not an ACTUAL Zelda game because it's open world
>Far Cry : Hyrule Edition
>Inventory and equipment screens are cancer

It's going to be bloody.
>>
>>342380496
My only concern is thta i may die before it,s released, and until then /v/ will continue being a piece of trash site
>>
>>342380496
The lack of a proper soundtrack is a hella retarded move like not even elder scrolls does that.

I honestly think the e3 demo was more of a guaging reactions deal rather than outright showing anything that could be considered part of the final product cause damn it wasnt very impressive. It was mostly a physics demo of physics we've already known in gaming since half life 2, and the unpolished soundscape both in sound effects and whatever the hell they thought the battle music against mooks was supposed to be is pretty offputting

i dont know how or even if they plan to launch this game in 2017 without getting even more people to work on it.
>>
>>342380496
Are you the same guy from the last thread?
>>
ITT, a troll performing research for future bait threads.
>>
I worry it'll be used and exploited by modders to pervert the core content.
>>
Looks soulless. I want a cute adventure with some dark parts. Zelda games make me feel like a kid again but this one looks like it won't
>>
File: JampackedEdible.webm (519 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
JampackedEdible.webm
519 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>342381220

I've read something about using the magnet to hover. Don't know if it's true tho
>>
>>342380496
I fucking hate the SS style art. SS was so fucking bad, anything that reminds me of it is pretty much shit
>>
>>342380496
Probably the concern that most of the gameplay we see in 1% of the map will probably be pretty much the same on the other 99% of the map.

I mean it's not like all 100 shrines will have different physics manipulating items. So repetitiveness. Other issues will be slowness of climbing if you play this for more than 50 hours. They better have some sort of flying mount like Xenoblade X.
>>
>>342381896
I think someone tried and it didn't work. you can actually hurt yourself if the object starts glitching or flipping out, which I've seen happen.
>>
>>342381626
Nope

>>342381634
Not a troll my friend :^ )
Just genuinely curious about what people thinks, no need to shitpost.
>>
>>342380496
>no fast travel
>shit side quest
>no hunting/fishing for money
>no good music
>too much dungeons
>meh towns and npc
>>
File: Batman & Robin.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Batman & Robin.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>select images with mountains
>>
>>342380496
The music sounds good though.
>>
Worried that the world will feel empty given the massive size.

>>342381420
>after release
Nigga it's gonna start as soon as the review embargo lifts. If it's average lower than 9.0, or god forbid 8.8, /v/ is going to implode.
>>
>>342381881
>vagina bones (male)
>>
>>342380496
my biggest concern is that the world is bland, barren and boring. that you won´t really know what to do, that all the dungeons are going to be boring due to the fact that you need to be able to beat every one of them at every stage of the game

and finally that the game is going to have no story/cuteness since apparently you also can beat the final boss and with it the entire game form the very start which can only mean that you don´t get to use your items for puzzle solving / boss fights which makes it boring
>>
>>342382231
Fast travel and hunting/fishing are confirmed in. Selling stuff is also confirmed to be the way you get rupees so, it's likely you can sell what you hunt/fish too.
>>
File: 1464486354830.jpg (44 KB, 639x628) Image search: [Google]
1464486354830.jpg
44 KB, 639x628
that nintendo still makes inferior hardware and the game will look like shit and run at 30 fps with shit tons of pop in and require gimmick ass motion controls that ruined the last zelda game
>>
>>342382231
there is fast travel, we know nothing about the side quests, plenty of good music, rupees are in game, just not the demo, can never have enough dungeons, we know nothing about the towns and NPCs
>>
>>342380496

The world is going to be bland and empty, just like MGSV. Another open world that would have been better as a smaller more focused world. An open world that adds nothing to the game but more travel time.
>>
>>342382517
>>342382570
DONT TRY TO CONVINCE ME IT WILL BE GOOD REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>342382712
Just telling you the stuff we know. I'm not gonna speak for NPCs and shit when we haven't seen them.
>>
>>342382329
Not really.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti_qqwb1ykY
>>
>>342382409
>vagina bones
>>
>>342380496
Empty overworld is my main concern. It would be so good if you can find cool, unique hideouts like OP's pic or towns with good frequency.
It would also be nice to see traveling NPCs, just to make it feel lifelike.
Other than that, I think it will be a good Zelda game, as far as dungeons and story is concerned.
>>
That they'll do too much amiibo shit in it.
>>
>>342382849
Damn this is catchy.
>>
>>342383029
well we've seen that owning a wolf link amiibo gives you the companion. not like you have to buy them.
>>
>>342380496

>Same theme over and over

Except it's not

The theme and soft sounds change on area

The fucking ruined temple of time is the theme slowed down, go ahead and speed it up x2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF-m8v7RzN0
>>
>>342380496
I like what I've seen so far but I'm worried that dungeon design will suffer as a result of their emphasis on the open world.
>>
>>342382849

The fuck you on

That's great

They don't want the game to just blast music on a situation

They want it to calmly change to show what's happening
>>
>>342380496
My only concerns are no cool bosses
thats kinda literally it

I like how this game moves
Im the kind of fuck who enjoyed the downtime in Wind Waker, so running around fields for hours doing fuck all is my kind of jam.

I just want to see more Link in Armor because that shit is fucking cool.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AfjI8vhMhM

Main theme is AMAZING
>>
>>342380496
I fucking hated the stamina bar in SS. Im not an idiot, I can feel out how long link can run
>>
>>342382849

That music is complete garbage, holy shit. I was too interested in what was happening to listen to it before, but now that I have holy shit. So bad.

The fight reminds me of the Dragons Dogma golems too. Except less interesting because the golem seems to get stunned for 40 seconds every bomb, and it only has one weak point. Its weak point is also just a different colour rock, instead of being the laylines of magic animated the stones, which is a little more interesting.
>>
>>342382517
>>342382570
oh thank you i think i'll skip these threads until we get new information.
>>342382669
there was no reason for an open world to beging with
>>
>>342382482
>hat you won´t really know what to do

That's the best part of Zelda 1.
>>
>>342380496
>over world isn't blasting Kanye the entire time
How the fuck am I supposed to enjoy this game?
>>
>>342383359

Not really

Dungeons are still going to exist with more emphasis since Shrines are already puzzle based
>>
>>342383603
I AM A GOD
>>
>>342382849
Jesus that looks bad.
>>
i don't trust nintendo with zelda anymore. some of the things they're saying about breath sound good but they've said they're changing up the formula or bringing zelda back to it's roots a million times before and every game is still a shittier retread of the last one with a new travel gimmick.

graphics and art style look like shit

most of the new stuff they've shown like manipulating fire and the hang glider thing might be cool, but with nintendo's track record, it will be almost entirely scripted, only usable at certain points to solve some stupid puzzle, and entirely gimmicky.

i want it to be good. i hope it surprises me. but modern nintendo is a bucket of shit
>>
>>342382849
>>342383447

You guys are aware this is a random giant enemy you find in the platue right?

Zelda is about presentation, this isnt even a mini boss
>>
>>342383359
I dont know man, seeing that magnet tool in action was pretty cool. I can almost picture how crazy it would be to do a physics based puzzle while fighting off the enemies in the new combat system. I do hope they add some kind of item to reinforce weapons into non-breakable permanent ones
>>
>>342382523
The only motion controls they have is gyro for aiming which you don't have to use and can turn off
>>
>>342380496
Developed by Neo-Nintendo.
>>
>>342383795
same with Dragons Dogma golems

except they always spawn in the same spot because one of DDs biggest issues is that enemies always spawn in the same place.
>>
>>342382849

Something about that music

It's sounds familiar

No wait now i got it

It's literally the guard sneaking music or atleast similar to it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt9qJqj3wQw
>>
File: one piece body.jpg (39 KB, 476x558) Image search: [Google]
one piece body.jpg
39 KB, 476x558
>>342382849
his tiny legs, never noticed that.
>>
>>342381881
It looks like Link is wearing tights with denim short shorts in this and my dick is confused.
>>
>>342380496
My biggest worry is that we wont get any cool dungeon items. Sure the slat thing is neat, time stop, magnetovision, water rod thing.
But like I loved the dungeon items, I just want the ball and chain back man.
>>
>>342380496
those anybody believe that you are going to be able to tame a big bird again like in Skyward Sword.

I´m mean the world is so big so it flying would be a great way to travel around quickly and we even saw a flying island in one gameplay scene
>>
>>342383743
>only usable at certain points

What's stopping you from gliding from any point or setting stuff on fire. That's dumb.
>>
>>342382849
Reminds me of the ocean fights in wind waker.
That battle music got on my nerves at first but it got catchy and stuck with me for some reason.
>>
>>342383743

>Scripted

oh boy this argument again
>>
>>342384040

The whole formula they have were you get a dungeon item and need to use it to complete the dungeon and kill the boss is a Zelda staple. I'd be amazed if they removed it.

Bunch of the cool toys they showed will probably be from dungeons in the full game, and were just scattered around for the demo.
>>
>>342383795

This

The game has great presentation for the intro and all the shrines

Actual Miniboss and bosses will get better tones
>>
File: imagine the posibilties.gif (251 KB, 540x648) Image search: [Google]
imagine the posibilties.gif
251 KB, 540x648
>>342383996
just as it was intended.
>>
>>342383975
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA0Vxy5GRBw
I dont hear it
>>
>>342384040
It'll probably just be a weapon you pick up in a cave somewhere.

Like the fire rod, pretty important tool and weapon in past games, but now its just a fun tool it seems.

Do we even know what that arrow in the original trailer and on the BOX ART does yet?
We dont seem to know shit about it considering its being featured front and center twice.
>>
File: 1397629601709.jpg (221 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
1397629601709.jpg
221 KB, 960x640
>>342380496
Open world GUARANTEES it will be mediocre at best.

The physics look great, though. Such a shame they are wasted in this game instead of a more focused Zelda.
>>
>>342384040
this

if you don´t use each item for one dungeon and the boss of the dungeon all the dungeons/bosses are just going to feel the same and not special
>>
>>342384129
i don't know, i hope i'm wrong, but that's just nintendo's track record with zelda for the past 20 years and i'm afraid of it happening again. anything cool is limited to using an item at a specific spot as a glorified key.
>>
How much shit would /v/ flip if online co-op was announced for this game?
>>
File: timelinefags.gif (1 MB, 460x197) Image search: [Google]
timelinefags.gif
1 MB, 460x197
>lore and time line fags
>>
>>342383706
HURRY UP WITH MY DAMN MASSAGE
>>
>>342381220
>My concern is that you acquire every special items within the first part of the game and the rest of the game.

This is something that I'm also worried about. They showed off all but one slot of the rune abilities already, unless they were just hiding more slots. Progression is huge and I want to be able to feel it as the game progresses and not just at the start.
>>
>>342382849
I like the music. It's plucky. And it fits well with the idea of lighthearted adventure.
>>
>>342382849
This entire bossfight and its music remind me of Pikmin. I love it
>>
The thing I worry about most is the controls.
Windwaker already proved that aiming and shooting together with Nintendo's current Right-stick setup is pretty much limited to only using the triggers for shooting. It's not conducive for clawing at all.

Like in WWHD I liked keeping the leaf on my shoulder button for gliding, but I'd have to change it and put the bow there to make aiming and firing possible at all, especially since they decided to make Link moveable while in aiming mode. I'd almost rather take the step back and make it so you can't move while aiming.
>>
>>342384367
I think it's what bomb arrows are. The bomb explosions use that blue electrical look that all the other Sheikah stuff does, and when you use them it explodes.
>>
>>342380496
the world is too big.. yeah having a huge open world seems like a good idea at first but then you realize youre just running from A to B doing nothing but holding the forward stick the whole time
>>
This is basically Wind Waker with walking instead of sailing. Wind Waker let you approach an island from any direction without load screens, but the actual dungeon really only had one entrance. Breath of the Wild will be the same way. The Shrines are you islands. Doesn't bother me, I like Wind Waker. Someone that was angry about sailing everywhere, will probably be pissed about walking everywhere.
>>
>>342386860
I enjoyed WindWaker too.

Except it only had FOUR major dungeons. I fucked around in that game for the longest time only because I didn't want to play the last dungeon yet and finish the game.
>>
>>342380701
no they didn't
>>
>>342387573
>Aonuma "the game will not feature a traditional overworld theme"
>>
My only fear is that there will be cinematic triggers that make it so you can't find certain items anymore or can't leave an area.
>>
>>342380496
>I understand you'll be around the overworld for the longest time and could be annoying listening to the same theme the over and over,

how to know when someone is making stuff up
>>
>>342387505
The overworld is really part of the dungeon. The do this in increasing degrees each game. You can probably consider 90% of Skyward Swords dungeon to be the outdoors space before you enter the official dungeon. But for Wind Waker, you had this 10x10 grid, and every grid had some kind of unique island chain that served some purpose. Now in BotW you will have the 100+ shrines, each of which serve a purpose, so this new game is really more similar to the old games than a first glance would tell you. And then if you think about the puzzle design in SS, whenever you were in a room where a specific type of ammunition was necessary, the room would conveniently have a supply of that very ammo, whether it's a bomb flower or a source of arrows or magic. BotW does the same thing, but this time they just give you an infinite supply to begin with, by way of the Sheikah Slate. If you really need something, it will be on the slate, so its the same idea being delivered in a new way.
>>
>>342380496
Still mad that they cucked Wii U owners out of the superior version. Won't be wasting money on NX for at least 3 years
>>
>>342386060

They showed bomb arrows as another consumable in one of the streams already. There may be another bomb arrow thing that fills the final slow though since the arrow itself for that bomb arrow didn't look like the one in the promotional art/archer Link amiibo iirc.
>>
>>342380496
Pretty much it falling into traps open world games have been struggling with for they last 5 years.

Repeated assets and enemies with a different coat of paint. Giant maps which play exactly the same. Collectathons. Battles have zero variety as the enemies are just dropped randomly into different areas and react as buggy and shallow enemies. Most of the gameplay that is varied takes place in instanced areas making the overworld pointless.

I can see it happening. Hasn't that skull been used as multiple outposts already?
>>
>>342386860
Except you couldnt do shit in the great sea. In BOTW you can interact with your surroundings. In windwaker, you just sailed and get nudged by the occasional enemy, maybe dig up a chest with 20 rupees. Sailing felt like a chore or a loading screen to get to your next destination.
>>
>>342389105
I can see it happening. Hasn't that skull been used as multiple outposts already?
No.
>>
File: 1466006283734.gif (2 MB, 449x266) Image search: [Google]
1466006283734.gif
2 MB, 449x266
>>342380496

Concerns:

Too much linearity

Lazy or rehashed dungeon design

Weapons and items have a single use or very limited uses (i.e. the spinner)

Minimal secrets, hidden unlockables, and sidequests

Lazy boss designs, overly simplistic.No skill required.

Overall lack of difficulty

Boring music
>>
The shitposting is going to insane, regardless of the quality.
>>
My main concern is that it will wind up like every other open world game, where most content is just copy-pasted and you get tired of exploring shit a couple hours in.

If Nintendo can figure out how to make an open world interesting then it'll easily be the greatest Zelda game in the past 15 years.
>>
File: 8785756785.jpg (547 KB, 1050x1336) Image search: [Google]
8785756785.jpg
547 KB, 1050x1336
>>342380496
Music: The fact that Nintendo's going for the cheap "ambience" route and that the handful of real tracks we'll get will sound like shit.

Presentation: Animations specifically. The animations for the few cutscenes we saw looked fine, but in-game animations on Link and from other enemies in combat mode looks fucking awful. It's all extremely dated, either too stiff or too floaty, especially when Link is using larger weapons like spears or claymores. Ragdoll system looks off with dead NPCs, too.

Dark tones: Neo-Nintendo has been on a rampage to sterilize all of its IPs of dark implications, themes, atmosphere and undertones and the like. This has been a prevailing issue since WW and it's only gotten worse to the point of SS and its laughably Fisher-Price enemy designs and plot & gameplay scenarios. If it doesn't fee like there's a sense of danger occurring in the world that we can sense from NPCs and the plot, then what's the point.

Padding: Particularly in side quests and the like. I want side quests to be meaningful from not only a gameplay and reward perspective, but also a story perspective. Very few collectathons. I also have a worrying suspicion that dungeon quantity has been cut to make up for shrines, which will eventually feel rehashed in the long run.

Overworld: Just like plenty of open world games before it, I'm worried that it'll be full with a whole lot of nothing sans for the occasional bokoblin camp, and fucking around with them and their AI or physics will only be entertaining for so long.. Not much more explanation needed there

So far I'm 6.5-7/10 hyped. Would be even more hyped if it wasn't for Nintendo being shit this gen and the fact that this game is happening after SS's fallout. I feel that too many younger fans are hyping this up way too much when we could be getting another TP on our hands in terms of disappointment.
>>
>>342388540
Idunno. From all I've seen that remains to be seen, and it's all speculation. I quite enjoyed the dungeon-overworld treatment in SS as it harkened back to the GBC titles, especially. I'm worried that the overworld will end up just plain "open" as opposed to enigmatic. Although I'm excited for the prospect of being able to approach one puzzle from multiple standpoint. Say you have to light a series of torches. Being able to use fire arrows, or the fire rod, or take a torch. Or if you get there "early" you can even build a fire with found materials and make a torch on sight, or use the fire you built to shoot arrows through to light the required torches to progress. That's all very exciting.

But I'm worried that with the level of "openness" they are marketing, that such things won't be as clearly communicated as they are in say, OoA, where you see a hole, get Roc's Feather, and immediately know that you can now hop that hole to open up other sections of the overworld.

Even still. "Overworld is part of the dungeon" is fine. I still want more dungeons. Which is why I said "main dungeons" as any Zelda game with only four is ranked pretty low in my books, even if I enjoyed them while playing at the time. MM, WW, MC, all of them are just too short feeling, despite having tons of other stuff to do. A "real" Zelda game should have no less than 8 main dungeons, even if it has tons of sidequests and other collectables to do/get. Otherwise, to me, it just doesn't feel like a real epic adventure. It just feels like a romp. Once you get to the end, that's not enough to feel satisfied, even if you were enjoying it before.
>>
>>342389307
Thought there was a webm where the player uses the fire rod had a skull hideout similar to the one in the OP. It didn't look like it was in the same location
>>
>>342380496
>What's your biggest concern about this game?
3D Zelda has been a collect-a-thon series for a long time.
This game, it's big. It seems big in bad ways too.

I don't want this to be Donkey Kong 64 tier collect-a-thon staleness.
>>
>FOUR

Dragoon Roost Volcano
Forbidden Woods
Tower of the Gods
Forsaken Fortress
Wind Temple
Earth Temple
Ganon's Castle
>>
>>342385767
The right trigger (or bumper, I cant remember) id dedicated to the bow and arrow in this game
>>
>>342389636
I strongly suspect that the dungeons will still strongly encourage or enforce entering through a single entrance. Consider TP, when you went to the desert, you could approach the Arbiters Grounds with some varied strategies. Once you got in, you had to look for the one dungeon entrance. I suspect that BotW will be roughly the same way. It will let you approach the are from any direction you can conjure, but you will still be approaching a single entrance to start a traditional maze style dungeon. I don't believe that BotW will let you sneak in the back window of the dungeon, and loot the artifact from the boss without alerting anyone. It would be interesting to be wrong about this, but I just don't think they will allow that level of deviation, because they go through a lot of trouble to make these mazes.

When i think of openness, I think of a GTA3 mission in which I was told to follow a guy when he gets into a taxi. The first thing I did was to steal a taxi and be the one picking him up, and to my surprise it actually worked. I don't think a Zelda game can have this level of openness in its designs, as long as the game is based on completing dungeons. If it were like that, it probably wouldn't really be Zelda.
>>
>>342390328
That's fine.

I still think their current right-stick setup is shit. It was awesome in theory, but actually using it in anything other than a racing game or a first person shooter leaves a lot to be desired.

It also somehow just doesn't "feel right" to use a shoulder button to fire a bow in Zelda. Don't ask me why. Just preference I guess.
>>
Things that will remove any concerns:

>8+ full dungeons with unique items and bosses
>Each large area is distinct from the other in it's content and have plenty to explore
>great variety of enemies (NO MORE BOKOBLINS)
>well placed lore and background story elements to add to the atmosphere and fun of the world
>>
>>342390757
I get what you mean. In my playthrough of TPHD I mainly left X/Y for the bow and arrow and using the (surprisingly not that awful) gyroscope controls to aim. I think the new control system will take some time to get used to but maybe it'll work out well in the end
>>
>>342380496
Personally, I was really happy with Zelda the way it was and I'm kinda pissed the developers dramatically changed it just to appease people crying "OPEN WORLD!!!" and "IT'S TOO LINEAR!!!"
>>
>>342390684
>I don't believe that BotW will let you sneak in the back window of the dungeon

I don't think that either.

I just want the world to be "open if you have the tool" just like the Classical Zeldas and especially the GB Zeldas. But adding in the prospect of "or you can figure out a way to mimic the tool in question"

I want big grandiose dungeon entrances. I want there to be a path of least resistance and an "intended order" but be able to circumvent it well within the rules of the game, instead of having to glitch it out to make it "non-linear" in the way that OoT is "non-linear".

I want the overworld to have insurmountable obstacles unless you have a certain tool or item to progress. And I want to have to find the right dungeon to find the right tool to do so. Even if I end up in another dungeon with another item instead, and end up going the long way round to do it. I don't want to be able to just stumble upon every single dungeon in the game. I want to have to work for it. Ya know?
>>
>>342391332
It's not that different. The over-world just isn't made up of rooms that are connected by doorways anymore. Since you are crossing the landscape they gave you some things to keep you busy on the trip.
>>
>>342391559
You really just described every Zelda game ever. The only thing stopping you from skipping dungeons in OOT, was that you needed the tool from the last dungeon in order to get in the door of the next.
>>
>>342391559
(cont)

And I'm most worried that everything is "findable" in the overworld.

Picking up and using tools and weapons found in the open is cool and all, but I don't want that to affect the number of, or the use of, more specialized items that are available. I want a "first sword" that is my own, one that I worked for and found in a shrine or a dungeon, or won from a friend in a town, or was given to me by an ancient sage. I don't want to just live off of shit I find and barter for. That takes away the mystique of wondering what's next and the feeling of achievement when you accomplish that.

>>342391854
Ya fuckin' think?
>>
>>342391854
Minus the game explicitly telling you where to go, yeah. Which is really the bigger problem with more recent titles.
>>
>>342380496
Whether or not the NX version is exactly the same as the wii u version. The way anounma is talking about it it sounds as though it is the same in regards to specs.
>>
>>342392287
>explicitly telling you where to go

And how to get there of course. I hate that. I don't mind the game saying "find your way to the ocean palace in the South!" And then having to complete like 18 tasks just to get there. Even though they don't, it FEELS like the latter games say

>go to the ocean palace in the south
>take the first left
>talk to mortimer, he has a key to the gate of the graveyard where you can find an ancient book
>margaret wants that book, maybe she'll give you a boat or some shit
>>
>>342392287
BotW seems to have that voice giving you orders to go to points on your map.

It would be interesting fun to see a game that was willing to just let you be lost until you found enough clues to figure out where things were for yourself. Probably would piss too many people off.
>>
>>342380496
>technology
kek
>>
>>342389423

>Too much linearity
I don't think you have to worry about this, the creators seemed to have made it a mission to NOT make this game linear
>Lazy or rehashed dungeon design
Agreed for right now, all the shrines we've seen, while having unique puzzles, seemed way to similar visually.
>Weapons and items have a single use or very limited uses (i.e. the spinner)
I also don't think this will be a problem, since the creaters made it so there are multiple was to solve every puzzle. Therefore, they probably made all items have a variety of uses.
>Minimal secrets, hidden unlockables, and sidequests
Lol, secrets are already everywhere in just what we've seen, and that's after they took out the towns for demo purposes
>Lazy boss designs, overly simplistic.No skill required.
I agree that boss designs in recent years have been lazy and simplistic. However, the one boss we've seen so far (the rock golem) can one hit Link, so there's a chance this game will be fairly challenging
>Overall lack of difficulty
I have a feeling there will be a strong difficulty spike after getting off the plateau
>Boring music
Agreed
>>
>>342390757
They removed that shit for TPHD.
>>
>>342387928
> T R A D I T I O N A L
>>
>>342393578
It's not just the rock mini-boss who can one-hit him. Guardians can one-hit him with their lasers as well.
>>
File: midna intense.png (145 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
midna intense.png
145 KB, 250x250
>>342382849
Is it just me, or does Link's voice sound less Japanese than it usually does? It's not a deep as it was in the game awards footage and doesn't to seem to have as much of a rasp as it normally does.

Does this mean what I think it means?
>>
>>342393578
on the shrines being similar, i think its supposed to have a uniform design seeing that they all have the same origin.What matters is whats in them.
>>
>>342394328
To be fair link isn't wearing any armor. If he was wearing that steel armor in the trailer, the rock boss would probably have done like one or two hearts and the guardians 3.
>>
>>342394657
No more Nobuyuki Hiyama makes me sad. But at least it isn't Yuki Kaji again.
>>
>>342394826
Yeah that doesn't bother me either.

All the shrines in SotC were the same. And they all had lizards to kill, and that was it. They didn't serve any other purpose, except some had save points. I don't remember anybody complaining about that.
>>
>>342394657
Link is a clone confirmed
>>
>>342394657
I think link is trans in this one?
>>
>>342394826

I only partially agree with that. For example, Skyrim had a large variety of great dungeon puzzles, bosses, and challenges. But after 10 dungeons of the same aesthetic design (aka all those draugr filled catacombs), the places became stale.
>>
File: 1465331699377.jpg (285 KB, 1024x717) Image search: [Google]
1465331699377.jpg
285 KB, 1024x717
Link has a space cell phone.

/thread
>>
>>342395434
Well at the very least when you beat these shrines you can use them as fast travel points, so even if one doesnt have something amazing int it, you still get some use out of it.
>>
Enemy AI seeming slow and meandering between different states

Sparsity of enemies

Dungeons being possibly shit due to huge (fucking gigantic) overworld.

All the neat tool/environment gimmicks not mattering worth a shit because it would still be easier/more effective to just rush in and start whacking away at enemies.
>>
I want a link between world open world/dungeon rewards with majora mask quests and some TECHNOLOGY. I'm mostly scared by the size of the map being filled with nothing.
>>
>>342380496
My biggest concern it's that it's over half a fucking year away and I want to play it now.
>>
>>342380496
My biggest concern is that Cemu won't be able to emulate it.
>>
>>342380496
My biggest concern is that I barely heard any music at all
>>
>>342396573
>>342396436
>>342396323
Disregard that, i suck cocks.
>>
>only 3 movesets
>horrible moveset for heavy weapons
why would they do this to the poor claymores
>>
>>342395434
>Skyrim had a large variety of great dungeon puzzles, bosses, and challenges

Now, maybe I just never got a chance to see this because I gave up on it after only a few hours, but I did give up on it mostly just because I never encountered any sort of variety. Every place I stumbled onto was the same, both aesthetically and in design.
>>
>>342396323
they should just release it now unfinished and let you download it again when its actually done.

Nintendo is so behind in the times.
>>
>>342396850
>unfinished
The game is already finished, they're just pushing it back to release the Wii U and NX versions at the same time.
>>
>>342396713
>>342396713
>>expecting good combat in a Zelda

go play a souls game If you want that.
>>
>>342396968
so they're just being faggots. alright then. same with atlus pushing back p5 just so they can use the lame tagline "steal their hearts" or whatever bullshit.
>>
>>342396968
I doubt they're just sitting on their asses and doing nothing, though. They're probably taking advantage of this time to add and polish stuff.
>>
Releasing Christmas 2017
>>
>>342397369
Then pushed back to spring 2017
>>
That they don't do all the new things well.

Wind Waker arguably tried something new that they risked and it didn't pay off, it wasn't a bad game but felt rushed as shit, sailing had great music but kinda lacked content outside of those rupee jumps.

Breath of the Wild is trying lots of things, they have a lot of possible fuck ups to be done, stealth system, the whole gear as loot now, the item durability
>>
>>342397632
And they would never push it back again because the NX gets delayed.

>never
>>
>>342397703
I like the idea of having the ability to climb. I'm not sure that I won't wish I had a dirt bike after a couple of zones.
>>
File: souls.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
souls.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>342397004
>Souls
>good combat
>>
Why is link right handed, I'm right handed and this triggers me, I liked left handed link, it was his characteristic. fuck you Aonuma
>>
My biggest worry is that they keep the current font.
I'm not too worried about the framerate since I'm quite sure the NX version will run much, much better.
>>
>>342397980
what the fuck just happened, where are this man's hitboxes
>>
>>342397980
What the fuck is happening here?
>>
>>342380496
LINK IS NOT RIGHT-HANDED
>>
My only real concern is that I'll find some sort of rare-model weapon and NEVER EVER use it because "What if it breaks lol"
>>
>>342398072
He actually gave a reason.

It's because the attack button is on the same side as Link's hand :)

I'm not making it up.
>>
File: 1448988840255.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1448988840255.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>342398273
>>342398221
Behold
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-22-17-29-02.png (1 MB, 1200x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-22-17-29-02.png
1 MB, 1200x1920
>>342389621
>>
>>342397980
>rolls
>iframes end
>man lifts flaming sword
>flame touches feet
>damage
how is this hard to understand
>>
>>342398383
I thought you attacked with the face button B
>>
>>342380496
I actually rather like the few combat themes i've heard, they just need to be a bit longer before looping.
>>
>>342398494
On the right side of the controller
>>
>>342398221
>>342398273
Dark Souls 2
>>
File: 1393527614313.jpg (89 KB, 313x334) Image search: [Google]
1393527614313.jpg
89 KB, 313x334
>>342398761
but then you always attacked with your right hand in all Zelda games
>>
>>342398761
The B button has always been on the right side, though (with the exception of the Wii, anyway), that reasoning is the most flimsy I've ever heard.
>>
>>342398875
And now he changed it because fuck off.
>>
What will the internet be like in a year for you, if the game gives no clues about where it would rest in the official timeline?
>>
>>342389621
>TP was a disappointment
It's always hard for me to take it seriously. TP had the most complex and longest dungeons of the series. Considering I mostly play those games for the dungeons it was one of the best zelda for me.

I just don't understand what people wanted of TP. It only rehashes OoT's narrative structure but also introduce Midna and a slightly darker tone for the series. What's wrong with it?
It was the last game of the series besides MM to consider that the player has a 3 digit IQ. The only real flaw was with the light pearl chase shit that broke the pace.
>>
>>342389621
this is a really pretty piece of art thanks anon
>>
>>342382849
The music is ok, it is just showing up in a weird moment
>>
I'm worried that with so much attention given to the overworld the towns/NPCs and dungeons will suffer, but I hope I'm wrong
>>
>>342397350
>I doubt they're just sitting on their asses and doing nothing
You're right, they're probably working hard on fixing, polishing and optimizing the game as much as they can... for the NX version.
>>
>>342399814
I think a big part of the hate for TP comes from the hype leading up to it. The trailers set up a lot of expectations the game could never hope to live up to. Going into it with no expectations, it's probably the best Zelda since MM.

There are still a lot of little things that hold it back from being as great as it could have been. Some things feel like missed opportunities. Horseback combat was something they played up a lot in the trailers but it's a relatively small part of the game and not an especially interesting one. The combat techniques are really cool but a lot of them feel unnecessary since the enemies are so simple and there are a couple techniques that are just simply better than all the others for every situation. Wolf form feels like a straight downgrade in most ways, there's not much use to it beyond the places where you need some specific ability like smelling or digging to progress.

It's been a long time since I last played it but those are the things I remember anyway. I remember the dungeons and puzzles being pretty good.
>>
File: ClUEeR5UkAAVhA5.jpg (85 KB, 1200x563) Image search: [Google]
ClUEeR5UkAAVhA5.jpg
85 KB, 1200x563
>>342398405
I don't know what you're getting at with this pic, but okay; I'll take it.
>>
>>342401226
Fair points.Horseback combat was more of a hassle than a good point back in TP. But I remember the dungeons being very solid and the high points of the game.
Even the final battle despite being too easy had an excellent presentation.
>>
I'm concerned about the items. I'm afraid they will focus on fighting equipment leaving stuff like the hookshot. We've already seem the glider and it wasn't even acquired in a dungeon. There is the Deku Leaf, but it seems to be quite a boring drop.
>>
>>342401926
>Save Link
>>
>>342400351
this will probably be the case. they'll go too far, thinking this is what people want. aonuma is heavily inspired by skyrim, a game where you just mindlessly fuck around. I'm sure the dungeons will be few and lackluster.
b-but you'll get to dropkick an octorok! xD
>>
>>342382849
>You can use items from the menu

Fuck this, yet another otherwise great game ruined by this retarded feature.

First Okami, then Dragon's Dogma now this, as long as you have enough healing items in stock, you can't die unless its a one-hit kill.

I'll have to do a fucking no item challenge right of the bat, AGAIN.

Fuck I hate handicapping myself in order to enjoy games, but those damn devs keep forcing me to.
>>
File: safdsdfs.png (91 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
safdsdfs.png
91 KB, 225x225
I used to bomb dodongoes

until I took a fire arrow to the knee
>>
>>342402413
play harder games.

I hear smt is pretty hard.
>>
I'm not a Zelda fan, but is it possible this game could appeal to me anyway? It looks pretty good, I'm tempted to get it.
>>
>>342402584
I guess I'll only use healing items while outside combat, that sounds like a decent enough self imposed rule.
>>
My biggest concern is the size of the worldmap.
I actually enjoy exploring even empty worlds (like SotC) but still there is that little fear left that the size of the map could ruin the entire experience.
>>
My biggest fear is that not enough people will play this revolutionary masterpiece because of non-issues like grafics and brand loyalty.
>>
File: res.png (151 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
res.png
151 KB, 480x480
My biggest fear right now is that I watched too much of the gameplay because of the Treehouse streams. I feel like I already saw too much but who knows
>>
>>342403028
with Cemu people certainly will be able to without a Wii U
>>
>>342380496
As a non Zelda fan nor will ever be, the combat looks shit. Like a mess pieced together from varios games.
>>
>>342402807
I'm pretty sure that's an overestimation. I imagine there's a lot of area on the middle and the sides that are non-usable in any way. Maybe the real map corresponds to the more lighted areas?
>>
>>342403028
This. /v/ will moan about framerate/graphics until the earth explodes
>>
File: Clj7znLUoAAt8Wq.png (2 MB, 1711x2039) Image search: [Google]
Clj7znLUoAAt8Wq.png
2 MB, 1711x2039
>>342394657
>Is it just me, or does Link's voice sound less Japanese than it usually does?

You're not the only one who noticed it.

Not only is this Link's voice significantly softer and quieter (probably for ambience reasons) but at times it sounds like an English VA trying to impersonate Link's typical Japanese grunts and "hyaas" at times.

My first assumption is that Aonuma is lying and that we will hear this Link speak, either suddenly midway through the game as shock value, or maybe through dialogue tree choices and the like.

Or - assuming that the punished Link theory does become true - then this Link will later have the chance and ability to speak since he "technically isn't" Link.
>>
>>342383743
...and the award for most buzzwords in one post goes toooooooo
>>
>>342381220
This is pretty big. It'll be real fuckin' sad if the throw all the runes at you at the beginning of the game then expect you to beat the game in any order.

I mean they've already said you can run straight to the end of the game, so those 4 runes (Bomb, Magnet, Ice, Stop Time) might legit be your full arsenal.
>>
>no female link voiced by Aoi Yuuki
Dead on arrival.
>>
>>342403141
Combat in games have never been good. Video games have never been good.
>>
I'm just sad that there's no roll button.
>>
>>342397980

Ouch, that looks pretty slow and boring.
>>
>>342403216
I don't know when, but at some point that became an acceptable argument. Like, even if a game is 10/10, if it's 30 FPS it cannot ever be accepted as a good game.

Which is already fucking ridiculous because that means all games made before, what, 2002 is shit? Really? Isn't that something people whose first console was the GC or PS2 would think?
>>
>>342403102

You can still enjoy it brah. I saw a lot of Kirby Planet Robobot before playing it but I had a damn good time either way.
>>
>>342403779
It's pretty much what you said, only millennials care about such things.
>>
File: mountain goat simulator 2015.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
mountain goat simulator 2015.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>342403629
At least now we have a jump button.
>>
>>342403901
What will this do to the art of bomb jumping?
>>
>>342403901
rolling was my core experience in OoT and MM. I rolled everywhere.

How will I ever roll again?
>>
>>342403901

And people were surprised to find out that these guys are robots
>>
>>342403789
>Youtube thumbnails showing every single boss while I was looking at failblogs and shit

This is an entirely new level of horseshit. Is there any way to turn those off in time for Zelda: BTFO?
>>
>>342380496
No story or character. Like, no towns or a minimal amount of NPCs
When the game is about to come out Miyamoto is going to do some interview where he says they wanted the player to feel alone or immersed or some shit
Fuck wandering around a barren wasteland inhabited by monsters for the entire game. I want a comfy town to hang out in every once in awhile.
>>
>>342404087
You can now roll down hill, ragdoll style..
>>
>>342404087
Just shieldsurf everywhere instead, it's more fun.
>>
>>342404097
i thought it was obvious with a 13 year old using a gatling gun
>>
>>342404087
>not sidehopping
>not backstepping

Always bugged me how completely pointless the roll was. It's a button you press just to press a button.
>>
>>342402676
If it looks good to you then you'll probably enjoy. Don't know what else you expect to hear.
>>
>>342404256
rolling is faster than walking.
>>
File: SSStylish.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
SSStylish.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>342404229
Truly the sport of kings.
>>
File: niggerlink.png (741 KB, 633x1200) Image search: [Google]
niggerlink.png
741 KB, 633x1200
>What's your biggest concern about this game?
That link isn't black :^)
>>
>>342404406
I'm a little curious what kinds of speeds that Link can develop in this game. There may be a fixed terminal velocity, but if not, then there could be some interesting things that can be done.
>>
I think this Zelda won't have the progression of the previous ones, instead, it will have a smarter use of the items from the beginning to the end. No more stupid useless shit like the beyblade or the dominion's rod.

Also I like that they hinted that the progression is related to buffing link with better gear.

As for the open world I don't see the problem. What I've seen from the demo looks comfy as fuck and it seems way more interesting than the Witcher 3 world (which I like a lot), so I'm pretty fucking hyped.

My biggest concern right now is that the npc's and towns won't be enough charming enough.
I hope they'll be similar to MM or WW.

But man, when this game comes out I'm gonna get comfy, relax and play the shit outta this. It's the only game atm that doesn't make me feel dead empty inside.
>>
File: 1374018895943.jpg (12 KB, 315x190) Image search: [Google]
1374018895943.jpg
12 KB, 315x190
I have another theory related to the "fake-Link".
I think that this Link may be some kind of avatar of the godesses that the sheikah made (using technology).

>The game has a big technology vs. nature theme going on. This would make this "Link" the merger of nature and technology.

>Hylia seems to play an important role in this game and the three godesses placed the triforce into her care in the past.

>Calamity Ganon seems like he is "bound" to Hyrule Castle or he is after what is inside the castle. (Maybe Zelda?(directly related to Hylia))

>You collect Spirit orbs from monks (again a spiritual/ religious theme related to the godesses).

>The godesses could be the "breath of the wild" that brings this "artificial Link" to life.
>>
>>342404143

Sadly, no.
>>
>*Rumors about amiibo support intensifying*

Given the open-ended nature of the game we'd end up with the best Sonic, Metroid and Kirby game in years.
>>
>>342404097
And you don't think this Link is peculiar with all of the crazy shit surrounding him this time around?
>>
Do you guys think that these guys will play an important role in this game?
>>
>>342405890
The Interlopers?

Its looking likely that they were now a rogue subset group split off from the Sheikah, so yes.
>>
>>342405465
Maybe not all of the godesses but Farore specifically.
The giver of life that produced the triforce of courage
>>
>>342405465
I would be in on the artificial Link, if it wasn't for those lines about him being asleep for 100 years.

Yeah, Ganon is orbiting that castle. I could be that he is trying to get in, or that he is failing to escape as you suggest. In other games, there have been instances where Ganon is trapped in the Sacred Realm, and can't get out unless he kills the descendants of the people that trapped him there. That was the premise of LTTP and of WW. Then in TP he was trapped in the Twilight Realm, but with different requirements for escape. If he is trapped as you suggest, it would be consistent with the stories of other games in that they keep using the same basic story. It would be troublesome however, because he has escaped and been killed in all 3 of the timelines that he was trapped in. For him to be trapped anew in this game, he will have had to be resurrected from the dead and then trapped, all before the game starts.
>>
>>342406750
It's also suggested that the Sheikah have been gone for a long time before the game begins. Maybe they mean him "being asleep" for 100 years because that was when he was made and then lay dormant as another remnant of sheikah technology in the world.
>>
File: image.jpg (131 KB, 639x891) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131 KB, 639x891
>>342380496
My biggest concern is that the combat will be boring and repetitive. I'm tired of just pressin B to win. They should have given this game Hyrule Warriors' combat
>>
>>342389621
>Neo-Nintendo has been on a rampage to sterilize all of its IPs of dark implications, themes, atmosphere and undertones and the like. This has been a prevailing issue since WW and it's only gotten worse to the point of SS
Yeah, I remember when we went from WW to SS without any sort of Zelda game in between with a darker sort of aesthetic. Or any of the console Metroid games (as shitty as Other M was, it didn't make things any more sterilized). FF is pretty bad, design-wise, but you can't pretend a bunch of other recent games don't exist just to push this idea.
>>
>>342396632
I don't know why you felt the need to share that or why you think your cock sucking somehow means they should like the shitty music or lack thereof. But good on you for the cock sucking mate.
>>
>>342406970
It's hard to know what the Sheikah are ever up to. For most of the games, Impa is the only mention of their people, although Agahnim wore their symbols. Their village is supposed to be hidden and unseen in OOT, so we only know it exists because of a few lines of dialog. We see their village in TP, but it is a wooden ghost town. The robots in SS have symbols similar to the Sheikah symbol, but we have no confirmation of a connection and Impa is the only human Sheikah we see. There is specilation that the Twili was an offshoot of the Sheikah, but that's not because of evidence as much as it is just gluing together two groups that both have so little information known about them. Maybe this new game will shed more light on the Sheikah, or maybe they will just name the new device after them and let us keep knowing nothing.
>>
if it isn't 60 fps i hope nintendo dies
>>
>>342407461
>They should have given this game Hyrule Warriors' combat
No. Just no. Ewww. No.
>>
>>342407876
>>>/tumblr/
lurk for 2 years before posting
>>
>>342380496
Looks like shit
Once again they went with cel shading and cartooney
Looks like shit
Copying survival and building jumping on the bandwagon
Looks like shit
If you don't like the art/graphics, you're told you're a grimdark faggot
Looks like shit
Twilight Princess style looks better than this, it doesn't have to be dark like TP, just realstic
Looks like shit
>>
File: dandy.png (181 KB, 337x337) Image search: [Google]
dandy.png
181 KB, 337x337
>>342381420
Far Cryrule
>>
File: 1405360950785.png (314 KB, 562x437) Image search: [Google]
1405360950785.png
314 KB, 562x437
>>342384507
I'm glad Nintendo doesn't listen to your shitty opinions
>>
>>342407876
>No. Just no. Ewww. No.
Fag
>>
>>342406750
>if it wasn't for those lines about him being asleep for 100 years.

It's always possible that Zelda (assuming it's her) could be lying him.

I mean, the way she treats him at the start is pretty demeaning and cold. Doesn't even ask him how he is or if he remembers, doesn't tell him about the old man, doesn't try to calm him down...

Just orders him to grab the Sheikah slate, go outside and kill Ganon as quickly as possible. It's almost like she sees him as some sort of pawn... or machine.

The old man is better proof, at least he treats Link like a person, albeit a retarded one.

It's always possible that this Link could be a clone with the old Link's memories implanted into him as well. It all sounds like a stretch though, but who knows.
>>
>>342408474

You're grimdark faggot.

Twilight Princess sucks.
>>
>>342404181
>I want a comfy town to hang out in every once in awhile.

One of the reasons I loved Wind Waker. The endless sea and then the isolated comfy towns to return to every so often.
>>
>>342380496
Why can't they do this.

>take the gameplay/pacing concept of ALTTP
>use graphics similar to this and Twighlight Princess (something in the middle)
>let you play through the dungeons in whatever order you want
>the overworld will have all iconic tools (like bombs, grappling hook, etc) hidden within it that you can get at any point by exploring
>story is kept to minimum
>emphasis on exploration
>non shit music
>no faggy looking link

There you have a GOTYAY quality TLOZ game. These jap jews fucking suck balls at making games now though.
>>
>>342405465
>You collect Spirit orbs from monks (again a spiritual/ religious theme related to the godesses).

I'm assuming that they are the "soul" of the/a "real" Link and that even though you start the game as a "fake" you become "real" after getting them.

A big story part of the Zelda games is how you are effectively a holy warrior, a chosen of the goddesses. I've always thought it would be interesting to play as a hero that wasn't the chosen one, who didn't get granted magical items just because of who you are and the world itself didn't bend over to help you. This isn't quite that though.
>>
>>342410338
This is literally what the game is, just without the non-faggy looking Link.
>>
>>342410547
But you give a bunch of those orbs to the Old Man in exchange for mandatory progression items like the Glider that allows you to leave the plateau.
>>
>>342410338
I actually agree with you, but with a few exceptions.

>the overworld will have all iconic tools (like bombs, grappling hook, etc) hidden within it that you can get at any point by exploring

Your Sheikah slate is this. You upgrated it to pretty much hold all of your main dungeon-heavy items now, like bombs and the like.

>story is kept to minimum

I'm fine with this as long as it means we can find the story of ourselves through exploration or side quests, like MM or Dark Souls.

On the otherhand I don't know why Nintendo keeps aiming for the toon or cel-shaded shit when it clearly doesn't sell. That's the most mind-boggling aspect for me overall.
>>
>>342410547
>I've always thought it would be interesting to play as a hero that wasn't the chosen one, who didn't get granted magical items just because of who you are and the world itself didn't bend over to help you
I get it you've never played Wind Waker? Because you literally described WW Link.
>>
>>342410720
I thought the old man asks for the tokens earned from completing the trials, not the spirit orbs themselves?
>>
>>342410720

Do you actually give them to him? From the dialog I've seen he just makes you collect 4. It starts with him telling you to go get him the treasure in one shrine, but after you do he tells you to go and get the rest of them for it. Is there some video of him handing over the orbs?
>>
>>342410553
Far too big for LttP's pacing sensibilities. LttP is enemy dense and semi open. Dark Souls or Metroid Prime are closer in construction than sprawling open worlds.
>>
>>342410553
Link has been always faggy.
>>
>>342410939
Well, you're only gonna find that on handheld now. I doubt Zelda on consoles will ever revert to the old formula after this.
>>
>>342410553
Except it's not. The game is basically a typical open world game with open world literally being the only thing going for it. Did you see how bland as fuck those dungeons were? I would rather them make a dozen well made dungeons then 10 dozen cookie cutter dungeons you beat in a couple minutes.

>jumping in a zelda game

This is also shit and the only reason for it is to compliment their shit game design. ALTTP was plenty open yet also gave variety. New Zelda literally looks like it's made for the lowest common denominator. Which is saying a lot considering how much casuals have loved the series for a long time.
>>
>>342410836

Neg. WW is my favorite Zelda, and that isn't what I'm talking about. You have the king himself working as your boat in it guiding you right from the start. You still play as the bearer of the Triforce of Courage at the end of it all.
>>
>>342396968
There's literally ZERO chance they would do this. There's no reason to. They could easily just release the game now and then release an enhanced remastered version on the NX a year later. Sony does this shit all the time and they make bank on it.
>>
>>342381881
got damn, this new link design is just so amazing #_#
>>
>>342383465
>there was no reason for an open world to beging with
So they tried to change up the formula a little bit by taking out loading zones and your bitching.
I guess skyward sword is more suited for you eh?
>>
>>342395127
Zelda played like a GOD DAMN OCARINA!
>>
File: spirit of the hero.jpg (19 KB, 415x203) Image search: [Google]
spirit of the hero.jpg
19 KB, 415x203
>>342410547
>I'm assuming that they are the "soul" of the/a "real" Link and that even though you start the game as a "fake" you become "real" after getting them.

this tbqhfam.

If you don't think these are fractions of the hero's spirit when the item has this as its dialogue description, then I want to see someone come up with a better guess as to what they are.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.