[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why ppl can't understand it's a fucking spin-off?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 14
File: umbrella_corps-ps4-as.jpg (125 KB, 640x796) Image search: [Google]
umbrella_corps-ps4-as.jpg
125 KB, 640x796
Why ppl can't understand it's a fucking spin-off?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKO7w7z8Kjc
>>
>>342353830
>it's a fucking spin-off
That nobody fucking wanted.
>>
Is there a list of all the weapons in the game?
>>
>>342353830
They did the same thing with Operation Raccoon City, and that was dogshit. What makes you think they learned their lesson.
>>
>>342353830
Do people on the PC version actually play like in that trailer? Because on PS4 it just a clusterfuck.
>>
>>342353830
looks pretty fucking cool desu
>>
>>342353830
Just because it's a spin-off doesn't mean we can excuse it for being shit
>>
>>342354047
>not wanting to play as the bad guys
Ur gay
>>
>>342355393
What do you mean?Is it really that bad on ps4?My pc is shite
>>
>>342353830
Wait so this is digital only?
Welp.
>>
>>342353830

it's a spin off because when you see it you spin 360 degrees and walk away
>>
>>342355250
ORC was better then this game.
>>
>>342353830
is that the REmake mansion?

Noice I guess, but I'm not big on mp shooters
>>
>>342353830
>Everyone loves Mercenaries mode
>Make a whole game of Mercenaries
>"WAHH IT'S DIFFERENT SO IT'S SHIT"

>"Give us the survival horror back!"
>"Make RE7 all fucking survival horror
>"Where's the action crapcom? What's this survival bullshit?"

Dear god, RE fans are more insufferable than Megaman fans.
>>
Why is this on unity?

How do they justify umbrella being a thing in this universe still?

Who is this for?

Why is this on unity?
>>
Nigger I love the action based REs, including 6. ORC was a steaming pile of shit, and this is from the same team. Plus, it's MP only
>>
>>342353830
Apparantly the port is garbage and not a lot of people are playing it (bad thing for what is basically multiplayer only game)

Which is sad, because the actual game looks fun

>>342356374
ORC was made by Slant Six Games, a western company while Umbrella Corps is made by Capcom themselves however.
>>
>>342356314
saying unity is shit because all the dumbass indie devs use a revision of it to make crap is like saying gamebryo is shit while using bethesda aberrations as proof
>>
>>342356236
>Mercenaries mode
>characters with personality and unique moves and weapons
>cool maps
>zombies attack you

>Operation Raccon City 2: Electric Boogaloo
>Generic Swat Team characters
>generic weapons
>boring as fuck maps that look like cut content from rainbow six
>e-sports mentality

If you're calling this Mercenaries mode, you did not actually play Mercenaries mode.
>>
>>342356508
Unity is fine for indies, but this is CAPCOM, why the fuck is this not on MT framework?
>>
>>342356942
because capcom is fucking retarded, but unity is a decent engine especially in the newest rendition so its not such a bad move
>>
>>342353830
Revelations is a spin off. Corps is shit.
>>
>>342357047
You are right about Corps, but Revelations is a mainline game, both it and its sequel.
>>
>that animation when getting into cover
>>
File: 1464632000055.gif (2 MB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
1464632000055.gif
2 MB, 500x300
>>342355250
>>342356064
Actually those who already played it claim it's decent.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XQZ1NheYOE
>>
>>342356942
Capcom has pretty much abandonded MT framework.
>>
>>342355885
>Shite

Hello Fellow Brit bong.

>>342355995

Because your momma has a fat ass.
>>
>>342357385
No it's not, that's why it is not number 7, but revelations 1. They tried giving it a different spin, while 6 was going more action oriented, revelations got that scanner and slower pace and shit. It was a spin off.
>>
Tom Clancy's Resident Ghosts: Future Evil
>>
>>342357637
that mother fucker was definitely payed money
>>
>>342355747
We already did that. Was mint good then either
>>
>>342356236
Except this never happened. Let me fix it for you.

>Everyone loves Mercenaries mode
>Make a whole game of Mercenaries (mercenaries 3d)
>People like it, but its limited by the hardware and userbase

>Make a shitty team fighting based shooter (after already releasing one which is considered one of the worst spinoffs of the franchise, raccoon city)
>Uh? Whats this shit? We said mercenaries not counter strike

>Give us the survival horror back, we want classic resident evil!
>They give us a demo of a hide and seek walking simulator like Outlast
>I-I-I promise guys the game is not like the demo we used to show the game!

See the issue? Umbrella Corps is nothing like mercenaries. RE7 Demo is nothing like Survival horror or Classic Resident Evil.
>>
>>342353830
I firmly believe RE diehards are some of the worst fans...period.

They can't even make a spinoff without being drowned in autism. It's fucking pathetic. Especially after we JUST got RE Zero HD and we know RE2 is being remade. Fucking hell I hate diehard fans sometimes. I say this as a lover of RE.
>>
Is it multiplayer only?
>>
I played it. It's shit, which is sad because I WANT it to be good.

-camera is shit. Possibly because it's Unity, but it's neither RE4 or RE5 proper "over the shoulder" into pseudo FPS aiming. It's like "camera too close to my ass" into "I'm in first person now and I need to reorient my crosshairs because I'm not centered anymore"
- maps are SO FUCKING SMALL. Holy mother of god. Respawning on top of the fight small
- Poor variety of weapons
- All the cool shit, like the zombie jammers and the sickles and shit have almost no fucking use. It's just people spraying each other with TMPs because that's what's the most effective
- controls are clunky as fuck

What I wanted : RE5-esque TDM
What I got : Literally >>342358181
>>
>>342358710
no.
but the same way that battlefield 2 and Unreal Tournament aren't multiplayer only.
>>
>>342358684
RE HD and RE 0 HD are the only good fucking games they've "made" since 4 though. 5 is fantastic if you're playing it with a friend, but single player is trash.

>>342358710
There's a few "single player" missions to get the gist of the controls and stuff but 99% of the game content is online multiplayer only.
>>
Real mercenaries game when?
>>
>>342358970
Raid Mode in Rev 2 is the closest thing you get with online support.

It's actually a lot better than I thought it'd be but it's by no means perfect.
>>
>>342359051
man raid mode 2 was so fucking good.
turning Jill into a katana weilding slashing machine was fun as fuck.
>>
>>342359051
I have all my chars at lvl 100. I liked it. I think my perfect mercenaries game would be a

Mercenaries + raid mode + some kind of deathmatch and minigames + some small 1 hour campaigns with huge bosses for the RE6 fans.

A game packed with content. A full 60 bucks game. Make it with MTframework so you can reuse all the characters and enemies from previous games.
>>
>>342356314
>How do they justify umbrella being a thing in this universe still?
you're not actually in Umbrella. Apparently in the game canon it takes place in 2015 and numerous corporations are battling for control of Umbrella's research.
>>
>>342353830
Are all those maps in the trailer already in the game? I didn't notice them on RE.net.
>>
>>342353830
wow it actually looks cool
>>
>>342359051
Raid Mode is gay. Leveling up and damage hit counters ruins the style and the Revelations engine is clunky.

RE6 No Mercy is the best. Just get rid of the silly requirements to trigger the boss enemies on stages and it'd be perfect.
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 263x263) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 263x263
>>342353830
>>342353830
The idea of the RE1 mansion being map is so cool but it's too bad it seems like the people here that have played it don't like it much. Maybe it will have a free weekend on steam sometime. I'm not opposed to radically different spin offs as long as they're solid games in their own right but this doesn't seem to be that. To bad there's no demo. I'm genuinely curious but not $30 curious.
>>
>>342353830
So, to get this straight...
You want the game to have all the benefit of its associated brand in terms of hype etc.
HOWEVER
You also want people to ignore that other games in the franchise exist and not compare this game to those others...?
That about right?

I'm reminded of an old saying about how one cannot possess a cake and also ingest it.
>>
>>342359986
No, he wants you to stop pretending like you don't know what a spinoff entails.
>>
>>342359986
I think a better saying would be: you can have your cake (RE7 is coming) but you can try this pie in the mean time I guess.
>>
>>342360069
I made no comment on the game, merely his argument.

I don't give a fuck about the game.

BUT arguing that it shouldn't be compared to other games in its associated franchise just because it's a spinoff is retarded. You cannot have the brand power of Resident Evil as a means to sell your game then expect there to be no comparisons made to the rest of the series.
>>
>>342353830
No one gives a shit if it's a spin off, a reboot or whatever the fuck, you fucking retard. Most people don't like the look of this game because it looks fucking terrible, disregarding it's connection with RE.
>>
>>342359956
It definitely needs a free weekend. There's players on Steam already but not enough.

Once you start playing it more it's actually pretty fun. The first few games are beyond retarded but it gets better the more you get used to the controls and mechanics. It could have a fairly strong meta if enough people gave it a chance.
>>
>>342357637
dat nigga need to learn how to speak english
>>
>>342360242
>implying cake is better than pie
>>
Looks a bit faster than most cover shooters and the hook is pretty cool but overall, why do this? At least make a Killing Floor type of game not another versus shooter.
>>
>>342360360
So are they not allowed to make games that DON'T play exactly like the main series? because remember, people shat on the game way before it was even playable. In no way is cursing a game because it's not like some other game, regardless of branding, fair. It's not the same game nor is it trying to be, period.
>>
>>342360378
Is there a way to check player count for PS4?
>>
I played it for 6 hours. I kinda like it. Needs patches though
>>
>>342360620
>Not allowed
Didn't even imply that.
>Game game game
What part of I don't care about the game don't you grasp?

If it use the Brand of Resident Evil, it will be compared to the other games in the franchise. Period.
Expecting otherwise is fucking stupid.
>>
Is this game fully multiplayer, or are there singleplayer modes? I was thinking of getting it when it was on a sale if it has singleplayer. Otherwise I won't bother.
>>
>>342359875
Except the controls in RE6 are fucking garbage. It drove me berserk.
>>
>>342360476
You got me there senpai.
>>
>>342360842
Sorry, I'm more so just arguing aloud. You do have a point.
>>
Who the fuck is this supposed to appeal to?

RE1-3 fans aren't gonna like it
RE4-5 can already go and play CoD or RC

Litteraly, what the fuck are they thinking with these spin-offs
>>
>>342360842
You can compare it to other games in the franchise but you can't use "spin-off doesn't play like the mainline games" as a valid critique.
>>
>>342361240
>what the fuck are they thinking with these spin-offs
..."Let's make a spin-off"?
>>
>>342360991
I had no problem with them, even reached the top of leaderboards in Mercs for some stages. So I found they were really good. I think they are just not beginner friendly.
>>
>>342361385
A spin-off with the same concept as their failed ORC, yeah that'll make them money since ORC sales were shit.
>>
>>342361134
So in fact do you.

I'm not saying its fair, right or correct.

Let's say for example that a spin off to Katamari Damacy was released, 'King Of All Cosmos Shits Hard Simulator' a rhythm game where you take control of the kings sphincter in an attempt to drop the fattest and most efficient deuce. It of course in no way resembles Katamari, yet it hopes to sell on brand.

That's the issue. The co mparisons may not be fair but if you want the benefit of the brand power you have to accept your game will be co pared with other titles in the franchise.

>>342361272
You do realise what you said is a contradiction...?
>>
>>342361407
They're counter-intuitive for literally every other RE game that's existed.

Also, not being able to map my inventory to my D-Pad like in RE5 was the fucking worst. Multiple context sensitive actions on one button too.

>RE 4 and 5 Mercenaries mode, top boards frequently
>RE 6, slide all over the place like a palsy-retard, scores don't even begin to matter in Mercs until you have the most absurd chain

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnigs
>>
>>342361576
I'm not seeing the contradiction here, Wright. Why don't you point it out for the court if it's so obvious.
>>
>>342361608
>They're counter-intuitive for literally every other RE game that's existed.
That much I agree with, it was a huge difference from previous RE games. They also distributed documentation for the controls in a PDF only available on their site, which barely anyone knew about, which was weird and only made matters worse.

When you get used to them though, they're actually pretty good. Mapping to D-pad isn't needed. The inventory system in RE6 is super fast to navigate when you get the hang of it, you're meant to quickly switch items while in parry animations and such. It is a really hyper game overall, maybe too much for most people.
>>
>>342361918
>You can compare
>But its not valid
So can you, or can't you?

To ffollow up on my previous example, let's say that McDonalds decided to diversify its menu. We all know the shit they peddle, we know what their brand stands for. Is it not right and correct therefore for us to have certain expectations based on the brand?

Would you for example not raise an eyebrow at a McLobster Thermidor on the Menu? Or Baluga McCaviar?

Brands create an image in your mind, they have associated expectations. To compare a product within a brand is not only fair, it is in fact the purpose of branding.
>>
Why is it that no one knows how to properly use Unity?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXI0l3yqBrA
>>
>>342362330
Mediocre interface and documentation compared to other engines.
>>
>>342358614
This
>>
>>342353830
>Why ppl can't understand it's a fucking spin-off?
That's not the reason as why it sucks.
>>
>>342362285
I said you can compare it but that doesn't make it a valid critique. You can't say that since A made B and C and B was shit so therefore C is also shit. A critique must be detailed and come from experience with the thing that is being critiqued, not something made by the same company with the same brand name. Would you take two separate tools both made by Durex, use one and have it perform very well and then review both of these two different tools with different tasks and properties based on your experience with one? Yes you can compare and make assumptions but my point is that it isn't a valid critique of any game, even if it is true.
>>
>>342353830
>only on ps4
>pc version exists
why are sony such jews
>>
>>342353830
Did this get a physical release?
>>
>>342353830
Is this a sequel to that hot turd racoon city chronicles? Operation Racoon City?
>>
>>342362991
But you misunderstand my point then, utterly in fact.

The point is that to use a brand, you are evoking the quality of the other products of the franchise. Brand loyalty is built upon by the consumers love of other products in the brand.

Is it right to compare an apple to an orange? No.

And yet if both are sold under the same brand, we have certain expectations that if not fulfilled will become associated with the brand. If a shop frequently delivers fresh apples, we expect the same quality and care for our orange EVEN IF we know the two fruits are distinctly different.
>>
File: 1359054058728.gif (11 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1359054058728.gif
11 KB, 125x125
>nobody talking about how the game is
>everyone is bitching about it being a spin off or how shit RE fans are

I like MP shooters...

How much does it cost?

Is it any good?

Is it a mess?

Im generally interested.
>>
>>342358614
This x100, so fucking disappointing. I would KILL for an actual Mercs only game not held back by handhelds.

They will never do it though. They don't want to keep getting the same playerbase, they want to expand. But they are terrible at projecting those other markets they haven't yet tapped into. Fans of shit like Outlast, Paranormal Activity / Ghost Hunters, really? These people don't care about Resident Evil, I highly doubt they will get many new players from those markets. Instead, they'll just lose players from their current one.
>>
>>342353830
looks fun but alot of campers. No ty.
>>
>>342353830
Would you be even defending this turd if it didn't have the RE brand attached to it?
>>
>>342363517
On PS4, $30 for the regular game, $15 for the upgrade pack that adds weapons / mods and the character skins (Chris, Jake, Leon, Wesker, HUNK, Barry). For Steam, you can get 20% off the regular game + upgrade pack, so like $21 regular or $31 full, but PC has way less players currently, it's almost dead.

It's a mess. The controls are bizarre and awkward. But when/if you get used to them, it gets better, and there's a decent potential for a meta to develop. There are a lot of different mechanics at play and it is super fast paced, rounds last like 30 seconds.

Also, there's no normal TDM. There's a 3vs3 mode where everyone has 1 life per round, no respawns. Maps are very small hence why rounds last like 30 seconds. The other mode is 3vs3 with random objectives like getting X drops from killing enemies first.

Overall it's okay but not worth the money yet.
>>
Oh jesus wept, you fucking weeb faggots and your shit games. Whats with the stigma of weebs attached to this franchise
>>
>>342364212
>Insulting weebs on 4chan
You high senpai?
>>
>>342363745
I would
I've never played anything RE before this
I definitely didn't buy it because it was somehow related to the RE franchise
>>
>>342364059
PC deluxe version is 20 bucks on nuuvem right now. Regular version is 15.
>>
File: thanks.jpg (26 KB, 405x348) Image search: [Google]
thanks.jpg
26 KB, 405x348
>>342363517
Thank you. I might give it a shot because Im bored. That at least sounds pretty weird and unique if rounds are that tightly packed and quick.
>>
>>342364491
>nuuvem
When I add to cart it says it's unavailable in my country (US). Aren't the keys they're selling just for Brazil or would they still work?
>>
>>342364491
Steam codes are region free? Sorry for asking, I've never seen this website until now.
>>
>>342364427
Don't lie to me boy. I am not in the mood today.
>>
>>342353830
Spinoff is just publisher speak for: We had this idea for an original game but fuck it we'll slap Biohazard/ RE on it dumb normies will buy it.
>>
>>342358614
>>They give us a demo of a hide and seek walking simulator like Outlast
While I agree with everything else in your post, this makes me just want to drag you out into the streets to be shot.
>>
>>342364857
>>342364861
Some codes are region locked.

SF5 and. GtaV are locked for example.

This one is region free. You just need a vpn and paypal to buy from there.
>>
>>342364973
Actually I think it is publisher speak for: I need to pay off my third Corvette, do it for me.
>>
>>342365092
>SF5 and. GtaV are locked for example.
Damn, I was literally just looking at SF5. Oh well thanks for letting me know ahead of time.
>>
>>342365182
Use Kinguin or G2A for SFV. I got it for 27 bucks
>>
>>342360620
>people shat on the game way before it was even playable

People were already burned by how shit ORC was, so Capcom didn't get the benefit of the doubt here.
>>
>>342357868
I want 14-year-olds to leave.
>>
It's actually fun.

I think people get turned off because of wonky animations. But the actual game is solid. It's pretty much a TPS CoD but faster. Zombies get interesting in the one-life TDM's. Because even though you might have escaped an attack, your zombie jammer will most likely be broken and you'll have a bunch of infected on your ass.
>>
I hope this game's failure finally convinces Capcom to stop wasting time on shitty RE spin-offs. Make a new ip or something instead.
>>
>>342358556
>Was mint good then either
How do you fuck up that hard
>>
>>342366016
>I hope this game's failure finally convinces Capcom to stop wasting time on shitty RE spin-offs.

Nobody bought Umbrella Corps? REmake2 gets cancelled.
>>
>>342366278
RE2 HD remake is literally the only thing keeping them alive until the next MonHun hits.
>>
the animations in the game look weird as hell
>>
>>342365729
okay shill
>>
>>342365368
>Operation Raccoon City
Oh shit, they made that. I totally forgot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAfe34cma3Q
>>
>>342366528
Everyone looks so stiff but they're moving faster than they seem like they should be so it almost appears like they're just skating around the maps. It's so awkward looking.
>>
File: 1448939206482.jpg (16 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1448939206482.jpg
16 KB, 250x250
>>342358614
This is EXACTLY what we mean. We aren't saying we want survival horror. We're saying we want the CLASSIC survival horror. We want a game just like REmake, not Outlast 2: Family Edition. People loved it, except for casuals who can't into ammo conservation and cry babies who want every game ever made to play like COD, because they can't bother to figure out how to properly control the character. I mean, I had RE3 down when I was fucking 8 or 9, and you fags can't doing while being over 18? That's the fucking definition of a casual.
>>
>>342366605
It's not shit like UC
>>
>>342366574
I agree with him. It is fun in it's own way
>>
>>342353830
this game would have been better if it had been more arcady and gave the player BOW's
>>
>>342366840
People don't dislike how classic RE plays from a mechanical standpoint, they had the dated concept of fixed cameras and limited space to operate in. This whole" casuals can't into ammo conservation! Thats why they hate it!" shit needs to end.
>>
Has anyone figured out how to counter the brainer?
In two trailers there are very clear depictions of someone about to be brained but it gets countered and instead they get executed with both a primary weapon and pistol
>>
File: neat.png (425 KB, 584x329) Image search: [Google]
neat.png
425 KB, 584x329
>>342365729
>TPS CoD but faster
I could be down for that
>>
>>342366840
>>342367087
classic resident evil games were always generous with supplies hell even the first game became a cake walk once you got the grenade launcher
>>
>>342367362
Not yet but I got countered when using it on someone, so it's definitely possible.
>>
>>342367015
It should've just been a horde mode/Killing Floor game.

Nobody is going to buy this because competitive shooters are everywhere, a L4D ripoff would have sold much better.
>>
>>342367087
If people don't like how it plays, don't play it. Simple as that. I don't like the Professor Layton games because they are literally just puzzles and no "game play", but am I bitching that they have to change it to fit to what I want? No. The original fans loved the "dated" controls and all the casual reviewers and shitters who couldn't learn tank controls bitched about it and Capcom listened to those faggots rather than us. The controls aren't bad, people are just bad at video games that play differently than what they like, and they hate that.
>>
>>342367507
why not both?
>>
>>342367631
No, people don't like it in 2016 - a key distinction.

SMB is great but do I want Nintendo to release literally the same game without any of the stuff they added to "New" SMB? Fucking no. Check the year and realize things progress.

Also if you want classic RE, guess what? You're getting it in RE2 HD.
>>
File: ps4-resident-evil-6.jpg (101 KB, 774x735) Image search: [Google]
ps4-resident-evil-6.jpg
101 KB, 774x735
Is this shit worth it just for mercenaries? Never played it on ps3/360 and I've heard the combat is actually really good.
>>
>>342353830
Idk why did they have to make a bad game?
>>
>>342367410
Exactly. I don't understand how these fags would start threads about how they had no ammo and the game was "artificially difficult", back when REmastered came out. I would have well over 100 handgun bullets saved up because I didn't kill anything I didn't HAVE to kill, like enemies in areas I will literally never have to go back to.
>>
>>342367631
>I don't like the Professor Layton games because they are literally just puzzles and no "game play",

Err what? How are solving puzzles not gameplay?
>>
Looks like Ghost Recon Future Soldier with Zombies in the mix
>>
File: moltar beeferoni.png (315 KB, 400x368) Image search: [Google]
moltar beeferoni.png
315 KB, 400x368
>>342367952
RE5 comes out next Tuesday. Just wait for that. Its a generally better Mercenaries mode, with better maps.
>>
>>342367867
That's a terrible comparison because, guess what? NEW SMB still plays the same as the classic games. It's a side scrolling platformer, with a couple things added to it to spice it up. REmake? The same fucking controls, with a couple added things to make it better. We just don't want our game to change. That's it. We don't want every game to change, just don't change ours. You want a spooky haunted house game? Play Amnesia. You want an action third person shooter? Play Gears of War. Stop fucking with our game if you don't like it.
>>
>>342367952
No. I thought it was too because some cocksucker keeps praising it in threads. It's literally the worst $5 I've ever spent. I use it as a beer coaster now.

The controls are garbage, and the Mercenaries mode is a step back from 5.
>>
>>342368243
I mean you don't walk around or adventure around or anything. You literally just click on shit and solve retarded easy puzzles. I don't really like that that much, so I don't play those games. Talos was a bit better to me.
>>
>>342353830
does this game have a story mode?
>>
>>342370132
No, there's only a single player survival mode
>>
>>342354047
Capcom said it's specifically for RE6 action fags. So it is what u wanted.
>>
>>342368624
Why does RE6 make you so mad?
>>
File: Resident_Evil_Hunk_Black_Shirt.jpg (29 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Resident_Evil_Hunk_Black_Shirt.jpg
29 KB, 400x400
>>342353830
They should have really added a big story mode.

Imagine, HUNK and former Umbrella executives, scientists, and soldiers going underground to rebuild Umbrella.

They could be a Lawful Evil version of the BSAA, wiping out viral outbreaks and covering up evidence that it even happened. Take control of the B.O.W black market and develop new weapons and creatures.

The Old Blood is gone, Love live the New Order
>>
File: 1418414298268.png (67 KB, 331x304) Image search: [Google]
1418414298268.png
67 KB, 331x304
>>342357637
>The most glaring issue i found was that the shotguns was extreamly powerful on mid to short range maps
WOW WHO COULD HAVE KNOW?

I fucking hate the world we live in.
Every goddamn shooter now a day have to be balanced around assult rifles or else people will whine
>>
>>342368432
Digital version next tuesday. for some dumb reason, the disc version comes out July 12th
>>
>>342358614
They already said the RE7 demo is nothing like the final game.
>>
>>342372815
Wrong.
http://m.ign.com/articles/2016/06/15/e3-2016-13-things-you-should-know-about-resident-evil-7
Look at number ten. It's gonna be in first person.
>>
it looks kinda fun
>>
File: RE7gunHasGuns.png (269 KB, 521x370) Image search: [Google]
RE7gunHasGuns.png
269 KB, 521x370
>>342373519
And guess what? It's going to have weapons, herbs, and puzzles.

It could play like RE1 but in first person, and people will still bitch and moan
>>
>>342373931
This.

A proper first person Resident Evil could be amazing.

I really want Capcom to pull a Metroid Prime with this shit.
>>
>>342371206
For all the things you can say are wrong with RE6, it at least had really good action. Expecially when it wasn't in the story mode.

This does not have good action.
>>
>>342353830
because MUH HORROR GAME
>>
>>342355885
It is
>>
>>342353830
man zombies are cheap gimmick here
>>
>Reused just about everything
>$30

No thanks
>>
>>342353830
makes me think what if capcom just made there own call of duty?
>>
>>342373931
>It could play like RE1 but in first person
I think that's highly unlikely at this point. There's a GHOST in the demo, that appears multiple times.

If they are going with the ghost theme, which I would think they'd have to now since the demo was canon, it's not going to be like RE1 first person... the focus will be on jump scares and eeriness and running away, with barely any combat, or at the very least totally unfun combat, like Silent Hill does it.

I mean I would fucking LOVE to play a proper RE1 first person game. That's like, my ultimate dream game. Which is why I am extremely doubtful of it happening.
>>
>>342375217
They did. You're looking at it.
>>
>>342375248

The game even has BIOHAZARD as the god damned subtitle. Umbrella is in the game.

It's going to literally be RE1 but in first person.
>>
>>342375358
yeah but what if they actually make a call of duty clone?
>>
>>342374873
Yeah, the zoms don't pose a big threat. They need to throw in a Tyrant or two to spice things up.
>>
>>342375358

Looks more like MGO or Lost Planet MP to me.

I don't know why every action game is immediately compared to CoD, even when the actual gameplay is nothing alike.
>>
well, where are the gameplay webms?
>>
>>342375248
>I think that's highly unlikely at this point. There's a GHOST in the demo, that appears multiple times.

How do we know that it's not just the character seeing things that are not there? Hallucinations were one of the early side effects during the early stages of T Virus infection
>>
You know, it didn't look that bad. Definitely no Resident Evil though. But if there is one thing I appreciate from that trailer, it's mostly all gameplay footage, and even better, it's gameplay footage that gives a good perspective of how it actually plays.
>>
>>342375248
Dude they already said multiple times that the Demo is just to demonstrate RE7 on a tone and mechanical level, not the story.
>>
>>342376197
Well that would be pretty cool if they came up with a spin like that. I'm still super cautious to get my hopes up though.

Also because >>342376378 what you said. To me, demonstrating the tone of the main game, means that the main game will be focused on ghosts and still environments.
Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.