[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PT or Resident Evil 7?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: PT-Resident-Evil-7.jpg (82 KB, 750x423) Image search: [Google]
PT-Resident-Evil-7.jpg
82 KB, 750x423
PT or Resident Evil 7?
>>
>>342232960
>shitty jumpscares vs action
Neither
>>
File: hackerman.jpg (181 KB, 1920x1079) Image search: [Google]
hackerman.jpg
181 KB, 1920x1079
Both, I really do hope that Konami will use the assets from P.T and re-usr them in some other game.

Personally, I look forward to play RE7.
>>
>>342232960
The RE7 demo isnt a part of the actual final product, so neither of the two are going to be actual games.
>>
>>342233145
and?
>>
PT by a fucking longshot. RE7's demo is by all accounts the palest imitation of them all. Resident Evil has always been shitty, and the fact that its so popular, especially in the context of horror, is a god damn crime against all that is good.

Also, as cryptic as PT is, at least that was shipped in a completed, full state. RE7's Demo clearly has shit dummied out, like that fucking finger, and all the hidden rooms you can not access.
>>
>>342233226
And, the op is asking which two of these demos that wont exist past their current state would one choose. I could ask anyone which bolt of lighting they preferred but like the demos, the experience is over long before anyone could sum up an answer.
>>
>>342233748
>op is asking which two of these demos that wont exist past their current state would one choose
No, he's only asking which one you like better. And that analogy, holy shit, the autism.
>>
PT. the puzzle solving felt better in pt it wasnt just take item and usr it here. PT had some outlandish shit you had to do to progress. But i am hopeful for re7
>>
>>342232960
Resident Evil has always been better desu
Zombies and viruses and stuff are cooler than lame ass whatever the fuck imaginations or what the fuck
>>
>>342233894
You insinuate so much when all thats asked is to choose, and then play the tired old autismo card. I think you belong in DaS lore threads bucko.
>>
>>342233653
>Resident Evil has always been shitty, and the fact that its so popular, especially in the context of horror, is a god damn crime against all that is good.
DUDE LE CONTRARIAN OPINION XD
>>
>>342233961
people assume that there is some cryptic hidden ending in RE7 too.
>>342232960
>make PT
>has barely anything to do with the final game silent Hills (wich would have been a normal 3rd person silent hill game)
>everybody copies your throwaway teaser/demo idea despite it not even being your main project.
fuck this industry, PT was just a fucking teaser, but people for some reason think it's the 2nd comming of christ.
>>
>>342234578
DUDE LE JILL SANDWICH SO SCURRY
BULDOR PUNCHING SO SPOOK
SLOGGY THIRD PERSON SHOOTERS ARE FRIGHTENING

i might change my mind about their quality as action games, but they aren't horror, especially GOOD horror
>>
>>342234327
Sorry, I don't know what else to say when someones compares a game demo length to a flash of light.
>>
>>342233061
If Konami announced a new AAA game, would anyone give them the time of day? I hope they've been shut out of the industry forever.
>>
>>342235042

After they sell off their IPs, sure.
>>
>>342233061
>>342235042
It's absolutely stupid to think that those hack frauds will even make something. And if they did, everyone would be wise.

>>342235201
This is the only hope we have. Kojima should buy back Silent Hills, and if not him, fucking ANYONE who isn't EA, Activision, Nintendo, or Inafune
>>
>>342235201
Yeah that's not going to happen. If you have a slew of easily marketable names to make whatever the fuck you want out of, whatever is selling today, you aren't losing them.
>>
>>342234785

RE were never really horror. The only one that could be considered was the original RE (when it came out) and REmake
>>
If there ends up being an actual end to the RE7 demo, without it being super fucking random, then I'd go with the RE7 demo. But as of now, I'm gonna say PT. PT is a lot scarier, too.
>>
>>342235370
What about 2 and 3?
>>
>>342235027
Isnt that what all demos are? A spark to ignite our interests, the same small shining hope that maybe this game is going somewhere, and fast?
>>
>>342234785
>literally considered the father of horror
>RE WAS NEVER HORROR REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

really
>>
>>342233061
Konami aren't games anymore though. They got out of the business.
>>
>>342235774
>literally considered the father of horror
>DUHHH JILL SANDWICH
>>
PT is the better playable teaser.

But RE7 wins by default thanks to being an actual game that will come out.
>>
>>342235906
>UHHH THE CHARACTERS IN GAME MUST BE 1000% SERIOUS AT ALL TIME AND NEVER MAKE A JOKE TRYING TO MAKE GOOD OF A BAD SITUATION NO OR ITS NOT HORROR
>>
>>342232960
Resident Evil 7
>>
>>342235370
I like 2 and 3
Even Code Veronica with it's sharp 3D-colors are pretty scary. Fucking hate Bandersnatchers
Oh, and Resident Evil Zero - just the theme of the leech zombies is unsettling
>>
File: 1438803289281.jpg (145 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1438803289281.jpg
145 KB, 1366x768
>>342234785
>>
Re7.
Re7 demo feels scarier than P.T
I like the madman setting of the demo vs the supernatural bullshit thats happening in p.t. Didnt even feel like horror
>>
>>342232960
P.T. looked better (because it ran at half the framerate) and the sound design was superior.
>>
File: 1436722854266.png (330 KB, 600x404) Image search: [Google]
1436722854266.png
330 KB, 600x404
Walking sim
vs
Walking sim

who gives a fuck
>>
I'm trying to avoid looking at anything from RE7 so I can play it when I get a PS4, but I keep hearing things about how the demo is literally uncompletable? Is this some sort of bullshit like PT where somebody has to do a whole bunch of menial tasks like a hundred times in order to finally get an ending, which will just be a short cutscene of you leaving the house?
>>
>>342236019
The shitty dialogue turns RE into a shitty b grade horror movie, not scary, not fun.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.