[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well, it's better than nothing.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: gimmegimmegimme.jpg (173 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
gimmegimmegimme.jpg
173 KB, 1280x720
Well, it's better than nothing.
>>
>>342228284
I really want HD versions of the originals. I need to finish II before this comes out.
>>
Difference is that Shenmue is heavy on story and doesn't rely much on gameplay.
Although by those standards, it could have been a book or something.

And I agree, it'll probably be the same thing. Unfortunately.
>>
>>342228387
I will never understand how this got funded so fast. The gameplay is pretty bad and the story isn't amazing. Father gets killed and then you run around town asking about sailors/*insert objective*. It's not like the dialogue was that interesting either.

>Hey *name* have you seen any *objective* around?
>Oh yeah, go ask other NPC.
>I see.
>Repeat for about 5 NPCs unless you know who it is.

It's ridiculous.
>>
>>342228854
It got funded because Shenmue and Shenmue II are good games. But you either love or hate it, apparently.
>Father gets killed and then you run around town asking about sailors/*insert objective*
Because "asking about sailors" is all people who never played the game know about it and shout out like it's a fact.
You go out and investigate on your own who the fuck killed your dad and why. What did you expect? Suzuki wanted to make a different genre, so some NPCs know something and others don't, not all NPCs have to be extremely relevant to the story.
The story isn't that all amazing, but it's kinda like your favorite TV show, you just want to know how it will end. That's why it got funded.
It will probably be underwhelming.
>>
>>342228284
Welp

It begins
>>
>>342228854
It's the type of game where "you have to be there, man". It was incredibly great when it was came out.

But now the concept is hackneyed so I can see the modern gamers didn't appreciated it that much.
>The gameplay is pretty bad
I can see that you never played it. The game was meant to be more like an adventure game, but the stuff in it are well done. There's like 5 fights on this game but the mechanics was so good because it taken directly from Virtua Fighter.

The game is still good, tho. The graphics maybe not as good compared today's games, but it's atmospheric and detailed as hell.

But like >>342229284 said, Shenmue 3 probably will flop because it's not the game that you can get praise on today.
>>
>>342230675
I'll admit, I have not played it. I watched a full playthrough of both. It does seem like the type of game that would be revolutionary back then. I mostly didn't appreciate Ryo's non-personality. It made him very boring.
>>
>>342231478
>I mostly didn't appreciate Ryo's non-personality. It made him very boring.
Ryo is not only boring but also DENSE. AS. FUCK.
>>
>>342231478
Have you seen the II?
Because the paced of the second game is completely different.
>>
>>342228372
Shenmue II doesn't worth your time. It's pure QTE and padding shit. There's even a certain part where you're forced to gamble or work to earn an absurd amount of money because the developers thought it was alright to hurt the pacing. That game was stretched and rushed, it's a trainwreck compared to 1.

But yeah, if you're looking into Shenmue III, it sadly is a mandatory play.
>>
>>342230675
Who the fuck cares what modern gamers think?
It got funded by fans, some who are probably even latecomers, who want more of the same that concludes the story.
I mean, geeze, why the fuck should a Kickstarter project aimed at a certain niche be holden to higher standards than most commercially released games?
I'll be perfectly happy with "more of the same", DC era graphics and all.
>>
>>342228387
Gameplay on 2 is pure shit. Too much QTE for my tastes.
>>
>>342228854
it has one of the most fully realized open worlds in any video game, great graphics for the time, a surprisingly deep fighting system, and a translation thats so bad its good
>>
>>342230675
QTEs simply killed any good gameplay aspect for me. "Playing" Shenmue is the worst part of the experience. Listening to music, story and interacting to the town was simply memorable.
>>
>>342228854

you can open drawers!
>>
>>342231618
>full playthrough of both.
Yeah I have. I know the story gets very silly towards the end because they knew they couldn't finish it so they shoved as much as they could in.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.