[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
With all the talk of Mighty Number 9, what are some GOOD games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: shovel.jpg (240 KB, 1676x941) Image search: [Google]
shovel.jpg
240 KB, 1676x941
With all the talk of Mighty Number 9, what are some GOOD games that have come out of Kickstarter? Pic related
>>
File: image.png (663 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.png
663 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>342220195
Divinity Original Sin, Wasteland 2, Pillars of Eternity.
>>
Grim Dawn
>>
FTL. Fucking FTL. One of the best games ever made. Not even joking.
>>
>>342221291
I don't like the heavy reliance on RNG at some points. But overall I agree, excellent game.

Dat OST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aNHJtXzwGQ
>>
>>342220302
He said good games, anon.
>>
>>342221441
There's definitely a lot of luck in FTL but I think that's fine. The focus has always been on making you feel like the captain of a starship. Getting fucked randomly contributed to the tense atmosphere. Space is dangerous.
>>
File: duckskin.jpg (18 KB, 486x303) Image search: [Google]
duckskin.jpg
18 KB, 486x303
>>342221441
Holy shit... that gave me duckskin!
>>
>>342221751
Its called Quailhide not duck skin you faggot
>>
Divinity Original Sin is pretty fun by itself and moreso if you can get a friend to coop
>>
Never ser conquistador in these threads. Don't know why, cool game but shit map
>>
Darkest Dungeons. All the shadow run games to some degree.

For all the shit Kickstarter gets a bunch of really good games actually did come out of it. Too bad shitty devs and people trying to make entire franchises fucks it up for everybody.
>>
>>342221957
Never played DD, but I hear the later updates fucked everything up. Is that true, or did they change it further?
>>
>>342220195
Decadent dandy campaign when?
>>
>>342222008
Not particularly, it's just harder and randomer, but that's kinda the game's entire gimmick.
>>
>>342222008
It's complete RNG and a gigantic grind. Amazing first hours though
>>
>>342222008
When they added corpse mechanics, 80% of people's "go to" instawin strategies failed miserably because you can no longer just stack healing and murder frontline over and over.

Oh, and people can't handle stress mechanics.
>>
>>342222228
>tfw you just stick a jester in the rear slot and keep your party at 0 stress all the time
>>
File: 1396211123366.png (28 KB, 205x170) Image search: [Google]
1396211123366.png
28 KB, 205x170
>>342220195

Plague Knight's story and gameplay was more fun than Shovel Knight's himself, so I'm really looking forward to whoever's coming next. Best part is the DLC is all free, even free-er than free for me because I didn't even fund the kickstarter.
>>
>>342222008

I haven't played the latest update with the town events but it was fine when I played it.

If I remember right people didn't like when the devs added corpses that kept the enemy's order the same when you killed one of them.

They fixed my biggest issues with the game. It used to be tedious to lose high level characters because you had to train a level 0 replacement up, now you can buy a upgrade that lets you recruit leveled guys.
>>
File: header.jpg?t=1462778909.jpg (54 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg?t=1462778909.jpg
54 KB, 460x215
>>
I want to play DD with one of each character. Having multiple characters of the same class triggers my autism since story-wise some are clearly meant to be unique individuals. Doing this is a lot of fun and makes it far more tense but the problem is that at some point you just can't run the lower level dungeons and get stuck. Shit's fucked.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.