[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm kinda curious about Asura's wrath, but I heard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: Asura's_Wrath_Cover_Art.png (356 KB, 250x266) Image search: [Google]
Asura's_Wrath_Cover_Art.png
356 KB, 250x266
I'm kinda curious about Asura's wrath, but I heard that it is basically a movie so should I buy and play it or just watch it on youtube?
>>
It's literally more fun to watch than it is to play so I'd say just watch it online. The gameplay is absolutely horrible. Plus, capcom sold the ending to the game separately as dlc.

Even as an animated series it isn't very good. Shitty plot and characters that lack any form of development. If you want to watch an over-the-top action cartoon you'd be better off just watching TTGL or KLK.
>>
>>342216095
Oh so in other words I shouldn't waste my money on it.
>>
>>342215950
I'd say play it. I personally watched it and liked it so much I regretted spoiling the experience by not playing it first-hand.

It really depends on your discretion with interactive movies.
>>
QTEs all the way through

Literally an interactive anime, would not buy
>>
I fucking love this game.

>>342216362
I liked the QTEs honestly. Your rage meter was basically the boss health bar anyway since the fight ended once you filled it up and beat their shit in.
>>
>>342216271
Don't waste your money, but if you're interested watch a bit on youtube and see if you like it. You might find that you don't agree with me. Definitely don't pay for it though because the sub-smartphone tier repetitive, shit gameplay really dtracts from the experience. Also its loaded with QTEs that have no effect on the actual animation playing on screen, but if you dont hit some arbitrary number of them you have to rewatch the chapter. Terrible game design.
>>
>>342216362
>Literally an interactive anime
Pretty much. The game would have been better if they had just made an anime series. If they had though, nobody would talk about it now because it would be a painfully average series.
>>
Its a movie, but holy hell is it an entertaining ride through

Even though the qtes are useless, the game does pretty interesting stuff with then in the last chapters. I'd say just pick it up cheap if you can, and I mean really cheap cause you have to buy the ending as dlc
>>
>>342216431
>>342216750
Thanks for your help I think I am just gonna watch itbon youtube.
I would probably buy it if it was like 5 bucks, but it is 15-20 bucks and that is a bit steep for me.
>>
>>342215950
It's funner to play than to watch, unless maybe you're the type to get a kick out of lets plays normally.
Whether that extra fun is worth Idk.
>>
>>342217020
>funner
>>
>>342215950
For a game like Heavy Rain I'd say that you should probably play it since there are segments where it helps to get into the minds of the characters by controlling their actions.

Asura's Wrath though is just shitty QTE after shitty QTE with terrible 'shooter' segments thrown in. It's not really worth playing and is more fun to watch since you aren't focusing on the QTEs.
>>
>>342217068
I've gotten 1 hour of sleep in the last 48 hours leave me alone I have to listen to jets take off all day.
>>
>>342217181
What do you do for work, Anon?
>>
File: 1430196696411.png (1 MB, 665x1182) Image search: [Google]
1430196696411.png
1 MB, 665x1182
>yfw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE2a8_Y3bkE
>>
>>342215950
Fucking love the game, and it makes you feel fucking powerful.

It's a QTE-fest, indeed. But a really, really fun one.
>>
>>342217861
Military stuff
>>
>>342215950
It's like metal gear rising kind of but with more QTEs. The whole game is very climactic and extraordinary so it's nice to actually play it instead of watching it.

Also, you don't have to buy it. Make a gamefly account, use a free trial, and rent it.
>>
Bought it blind and I agree, just watch it on youtube.

Some of the figfhts were pretty good especially the DLC ones but nothing compared to other spectical fighters like GoW or Bayo.
>>
>>342217927
Why did someone bother to upload a piece of classical music again but with "asuras wrath" in the title if it isn't the actual scene from the game?
>>
>>342215950
It's pretty cheap, so it's definitely worth a buy at this point. Yes, the true ending is DLC, but the game is so cheap now it shouldn't bother you.
>>
>>342215950
Download and play demo version, since it contains 2 best chapters of the "game". The rest of full version is kinda meh, but can be enjoyable when playing with friends (preferably when all of you are drunk).
>>
>>342219556
holy shit this. the demo is the best part of the game. the game is fucking terrible. i cant believe this piece of shit took 5 fucking years to develop. 2007-2012. can anyone believe that? and there were some suckers who actually paid $60 for this?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.