[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm pretty excited for this. Are you, /v/? Break it down
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 22
File: Horizon_Zero_Dawn.jpg (58 KB, 389x428) Image search: [Google]
Horizon_Zero_Dawn.jpg
58 KB, 389x428
I'm pretty excited for this. Are you, /v/? Break it down for me so I can either keep the flame of hope alive or watch it gutter out like the light of a dying star.
>>
My most hyped upcoming game lad
>>
>>342201239
Glad to hear it, friend. At least I'm not alone on the hype train.
>>
>>342201624
Yeah well it's a shame Zelda shitters try to shit up any Horizon discussion here.

Anyway I'm busy playing vidya so have a bump
>>
>>342200904
I have never heard of this game. Someone link me a single 3 min or less video that will give me information on it.

Sell me on this game.
>>
>>342202730
You mentioned Zelda first, just now, faggot.

Maybe stop coming into our threads or accept the tradeoff.
>>
>>342200904
>guerilla games

no

I would literally need the written and signed reports of at least a million people sucking the game's dick before I'll ever consider buying another game again from these uninspired hacks. All they seem to do is copy-pasting a bunch of tiring and boring gameplay mechanics into their 'original' IP's and flash it up with proverbial tits (visuals). Not falling for that again.
>>
>>342202891
>>342202730
Chill out console war faggots
>>
All gameplay and trailers I've seen make it look like it will get boring fast. The monsters look easy and if we only have the bow + knife or whatever it's going to get old real quick.

Plus I'm kind of tired of the female protagonist with bows thing. If I wanted that I would just play Tomb Raider and have an attractive protagonist at least.

I hope I'm wrong and Horizon Zero Infinity Death Apocalypse Dusk Hunter Ultimate Legends Chronicles Dawn turns out to be good, but from what I've seen the robo dinosaurs are the only cool thing.
>>
>>342202953
Nobody mentioned either Nintendo or Sony
>>
>>342200904
I will probably pass it up if they don't give you the option to disable the slowdown when selecting a new arrowhead. I prefer games where you have to make these decisions in real time like Monster Hunter.
>>
>>342200904
>Protag constantly talks to herself in annoying motivational quotes and quips
>The only thing you can craft with materials from the robots is items and better weapons, no armours
>Silent takedowns
>Monsters are dumb as fuck and just spit out attacks randomly while charging all over the place
>"open world" aka empty and boring overworld with nothing to do
>>
>>342202879
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBTNDdwVsMk

"Rise of The Last of Us: Primal Crysis"

pretty much.
>>
>>342203041
>>342203041
>>342203041
>only have a bow

The bow clearly has a shitload of different uses and some different kinds of ammo.
>>
>>342202879
Story trailer
https://youtu.be/u4-FCsiF5x4
Gameplay
https://youtu.be/T5Xx3MdqdgM
>>
>>342203363
>It's another “x game looks like The Last of Us” post
>>
>>342203414
Do the other ammo types include swords and spears that you shoot with your hands instead or is it still only the bow and arrows.
>>
>>342202947
Come now, Shellshock Nam, Killzone: Liberation and Killzone 2 showed they had some talent.
KZ3 was completely generic though..
>>
>>342200904
The land looks good, the movement looks smoot.. but is there enough content, I wonder. Will it get repetitive?

Not a fan of many robot designs, desu.
>>
>>342203337
>Protag constantly talks to herself in annoying motivational quotes and quips
That's just a bullshit E3 footage trend. It won't be in the game.
>>
>>342203872
many of the*
>>
>>342200904
No it's going to be a Far Cry clone
>>
>>342200904
Looks pretty sweet. I wish they'd show more of the crafting, armor "customization" and inventory management.. but overall I'm pretty confident in it being good.
>>
File: Hellblade.jpg (913 KB, 1400x788) Image search: [Google]
Hellblade.jpg
913 KB, 1400x788
>>342200904
Fuck me, I thought this game was being made by ninja theory.
>>
I'm going to cannibalize several elements for my next tabletop RPG campaign, and there is nothing you can do to stop me!
>>
>>342203883
I have seen people talk about that in the behind close doors demo. She apparently doesn't talk that much
>>342204089
That's Hellblade
>>
I really like the concept so far, but holy shit please allow the option to mute her battle dialog. It is so immersion breaking that it is preventing me from buying the game.
>>
File: ClFCL8fWgAAc0-Y.jpg orig.jpg (315 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ClFCL8fWgAAc0-Y.jpg orig.jpg
315 KB, 1920x1080
>The override is a great way to turn the tide of the battle by making machines fight on your side. There is a progression to it, and you’ll be able to do more with it as the game progresses.

So it's not just used to secure mounts, I assume you will be able to tame the huge T-rex's later on in the game and also have other uses.

What intrigues me most about this game is the skill and crafting system and the fact that witcher 3 people are on the quest and dialouge side of things so there will be side content to do when you're not doing the main story mission. Any excuse to spend more time in the world as beautiful as that offers a lot in my book. Simply roaming the world in witcher 3 was great. The world here seems to be populated by tons of robots so that just makes it all the more interesting and visually pleasing,
>>
>>342200904
Why would you need /v/ to make decisions for you?
It looks moderately fun but the world makes little sense. Still, if that looks fun for you, keep watching out for more info. There are trailers and gameplay videos out now.

A dying star would not peter out, but rather implode or explode depending on its mass tho. Either way it would shine much brighter in its final days, before either colllapsing as a dwarf star, exploding like a supernova - making it even brighter, or implode into a black hole if it is massive enough.
>>
>>342200904
This should just be a Zoids game.
>>
>>342204426
To add on to what you're talking about, I hope they take a few notes from Nier on their environment, considering the somewhat similar settings. I would love to explore both new manmade villages and the ruins of the old world.

I'm guessing there is going to be an area in the game that is just old overgrown cityscape, which is enough for me.
>>
>>342204740
>I'm guessing there is going to be an area in the game that is just old overgrown cityscape, which is enough for me.

Geurilla explicity said the game has a lot of interior spaces so I think areas of the game will and ruins that is.
>>
>>342200904
im hyped for it. i just want to know more about the gameplay and rpg mechanics.
>>
Those robotimals that looked like some weird combination of chicken and dog with the big glowing red eye looked pretty cute.

>you will never have a faithful chicken doggo to go hunt down a cybersaurus rex
>>
Looks generic as fuck once you get past the fedorecore setting
>>
>>342203414
Ammo doesn't change the act that you're firing a bow all game
>>
>>342209264
>fedorecore setting
>fedoracore
>setting
Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>342209360
No
>>
File: 1465872984105.jpg (19 KB, 366x399) Image search: [Google]
1465872984105.jpg
19 KB, 366x399
>>342200904
I don't know if anyone else caught this but

MELEE COMBAT WAS FUCKING CONFIRMED A COUPLE DAYS AGO

Two different weapons when it comes to melee - spears and clubs, both of which can be customized in look and extra abilities AND have their own skill trees!
>>
>>342200904
It looks awesome. Open world action RPG with a sweet ass setting and a waifu protagonist.

The only thing I hate is that they announce this shit too early - its only coming out in 1 year!!!
>>
So is everyone in this thread a shill or what

I'm all for discussing games but there are way too many suspicious posts here
>>
>>342209264
>fedoracore setting
You're a bonafide fucking idiot
>>
>>342200904
I'm a very solid

"Optimistic but waiting for review scores"
>>
>>342209673
No, we are just genuinely excited for a good looking game.

Are you one of those cynical gamers who criticize every game that releases?
>>
>>342209264
>Fedoracore setting

But it isn't Cyberpunk anon
>>
>>342209746
>Are you one of those cynical gamers who criticize every game that releases?
yes? Where the fuck do you think we are? Look at this garbage

>>342209670

That's not the /v/ I know and hate. That's some guy who got moved from the Reddit viral department to the 4chan viral department and got handed a vocabulary sheet but still hasn't picked up the actual tone of posting.

The game doesn't look nearly good enough to be getting this kind of reception. It's got a mass effect dialogue wheel, the typical feel and tone of a standard western open world game, maybe far cry. The only mildly exciting thing is that the combat looks relatively frantic, and for all we know that's completely untrue - DOOM turned out to be fast-paced when it looked slow.

But fuck, whatever, enjoy your shill thread. I don't care nearly enough to get into an argument.
>>
>>342209673
>shill
This is the sign of someone whom needs to take a break from video games.
This has the lead writer from Fallout New Vegas, quest designers from The Witcher 3. It's like a dream project for them to move away from Killzone and into an Action RPG.
>>
>>342210186
Have a free (You) m8. I don't think you deserve it but you seem pretty desperate. Don't spend it all at once now!
>>
>>342210186
>The game doesn't look nearly good enough to be getting this kind of reception.
Holy shit haha you're fucking crying about how popular this game is aren't you!? You must be 10 because you don't even understand how opinions work either.
>>
File: You.jpg (1 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
You.jpg
1 MB, 3840x2160
>>342210186
>>
This is my phone background
>>
>>342200904
is this even coming out on PC?
>>
>>342211454
No
>>
>>342211494
shame.
>>
>>342211657
4 u
>>
>>342211731
this game is dead to me unless they decided to release it on a real platform
>>
>>342211859
Don't worry it will probably get a re-release on PS5 as well
>>
>>342200904
Baby's first Monster Hunter
> DLC Monsters
> DLC weapons
> DLC cosmetics
It's shit Anon, just wait for Monster Hunter Generations, it should be out next month.
>>
>>342200904
There's enough to be cautiously optimistic, but the big names on this project are people who worked on big RPGs (NV, W3) and this game will have troubles to mix world building and combats with giant mechanical beasts.

Either there are few dinosaurs and the areas you'll find them in will be completely empty to let you fight in a proper arena, or the world building will be toned down to let fights happen at any time.

The setting seems too etricate to me for the moment. Yes it is cool to beat a giant T-rex with a bow and shit, but what's next? Is the game all about fighting dinosaurs? If not, how will they make abandoned cities invaded by vegetation interesting? Will there be biomes? Good points of interests, or just cities?

What seemed a good idea at first seems to be a dead-end to me, because the only way to make the post-post apocalyptic theme worth my interest would be role playing and a good narration.

But the game wants too much to give players a show and i fear that the narration will be secondary if not rushed.
>>
>>342204426
What's possibly possible to say? Skynet took over and...?
I'm not sure they can expand on a story that takes place in realistic setting. In W3 you had the tales and the fantasy creatures, all having a story and a meaning and before anything else, you had to deal with the dramas that shook the population. In TES you have a heavy lore for a world that has absolutely nothing to do with our world, and the first fallout and Fallout NV are completely focused on people instead of the world itself, the narration is focused on the power in place and the relationships between characters, and that's pretty much why Fallout 4 failed in anything touching its narration. Killing zombies/mutants/monsters in a hostile world is very repetitive if there's no narration to support the world.

I'm worried that the game will be "take down these big ass monsters" just like Far Cry and that it will be fun for several hours but be ultimately boring because of the lack of narration. I can't see how they can expand on their civilization without introducing tribes and even with those I'm not sure what they could say that doesn't give a cliché or déja-vu feeling.
>>
>>342213973
>3DS “““““““““““““““““games”””””””””””””””””””

No thanks
>>
>>342204426
>that pic
the designs in this game are so cool, i wish they would show more
>>
It looks great but I wish it wasn't open world. I'd rather have MonHun style missions.
>>
>>342216219
I honestly don't understand why or how Far Cry primal can even be in your frame of reference though, did you unironically play that game? And do you unironically comparing the quality of this to a Ubisoft cash grab?

In regards to the story, it can go either way but from what we know, it's in some pretty capable hands it would seem, and story even then still isn't that important for people who largely enjoy gameplay, having it is a nice addition though.
>>
>>342200904
>wears lether and hide
>all animals are robots
how did the game explain this?
>>
>>342216740
I think the attitude here is being fast and nimble is better than wearing robot parts on your clothes that might slow you down or something

That said you do get to wear robot infused gear later by crafting it.
>>
File: skybox.webm (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
skybox.webm
1 MB, 640x360
>>342200904
So far i'm only excited for the graphics : If not downgraded it will be the best looking open world game ever made.
>>
>>342216839

I think the anon was actually wondering where said animal hide came from, since everything seems to be robots.
>>
File: 1531654321.png (185 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1531654321.png
185 KB, 300x300
>>342216839
but where did he get the lether and hide in the first place?
are there still normal animals?
>>
>>342217007
>>342216998

Oh, there's all kinds of animals in the world, we seen rabbits, boards and I can't remever what else but there's real animals roaming around too
>>
>>342216740
>all animals are robots
cause this bit isn't correct
>>
This is one of those times exclusives, right?
>>
>>342217086
>boards
nice animal
>>
>>342217119
Nope
>>
>>342216951

Here's some more of the world
>>
>>342216951
There is no way it won't, I don't think it will be super severe but every game comes down a bit
>>
>>342217173

>lets not show the interesting places in the trailer, just show a typical fucken field with some trees sprinkled

Idiots, this looks really nice
>>
File: 1463386160038.jpg (178 KB, 798x770) Image search: [Google]
1463386160038.jpg
178 KB, 798x770
>>342200904
oh men you will be so disappointed
>>
>>342216645
I'm not even talking about Primal, I'm talking about the Ubisoft formula for the Far Cry since 3's release.
>There's a big beast somewhere there
>Killing it will get you upgrade components
These side activities gets very boring if there's no good background to support it. If the game is just in "kill those cool gigantic monsters", then why even making it open world? If they aim at the MH formula, they don't need this open world. If they aim at the fallout formula, it is not dinosaurs they should have shown all along, but interesting places - that you want to explore and not just abandonned cities that will look the same- and meaningful characters.

From what we've seen so far, I'm not expecting anything else than giant dinosaurs going bigger and bigger.
>>
>>342217086

>boards

I want to hunt wild planks with my nailgun
>>
>>342217561
>there's no good background to support it
You'be got quests and dialogue trees (by ex cdproject and newvegas staff)

>If they aim at the MH formula, they don't need this open world
Wrong, toukiden 2 is amazing from the demo. Open world hunting needs to be the future, running into creatures on the map or going to find them is much more interesting than just warping to a location of zones with loading screens
>>
>>342217424
>wanting the best environments to be spoiled for you instead of discovering them in the game
>>
>>342209340

>FPS.
>"Man, this is gay! Am I really shooting guns all day! Can't a get a net launcher or a lightsaber?!"

t. a retarded person.
>>
File: 1449934230341.png (56 KB, 633x874) Image search: [Google]
1449934230341.png
56 KB, 633x874
>>342217448
I dont think so never ever btw.
>>
>>342217173
Can I play this on PC if I buy a blu ray player?
>>
>>342217841
The only compatible blu ray player is the PS4
>>
>>342217712
>Open world hunting needs to be the future, running into creatures on the map or going to find them is much more interesting than just warping to a location of zones with loading screens
No because they remove the focus on the combat. Stages could be interesting, but open world is a big no. Open world are viable only when exploration is rewarded and/or different methods to reach the same goal are possible (MGSV with the infiltration of the bases, entering in every direction made the open world worth it, the large empty areas were dumb though). In Hunting games, combat is the meat and that's why monsters have huge HP pools, the world around the arena serves absolutely no purpose if not for one or two gimmicks (dragonator in MH for the ancient dragons).

>You'be got quests and dialogue trees (by ex cdproject and newvegas staff)
I've expressed my concern >>342215396 and >>342216219
What's possible to say in a realistic setting wanting to be believable without the goofyness and the criticism of a series like Fallout? What's possible to say after "Skynet took over"?
>>
File: 1390558532280.jpg (162 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
1390558532280.jpg
162 KB, 1024x640
We need more webm's of it's gameplay. Anyone?
>>
>>342218237
https://youtu.be/Fkg5UVTsKCE
https://youtu.be/T5Xx3MdqdgM

I'm not sure if they've shown more
>>
>>342218185
>Open world are viable only when exploration is rewarded
Completely disagree with this, warping around is the biggest immersion breaker for any game. I would rather back track than teleport.
>>
File: demoe3.jpg (431 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
demoe3.jpg
431 KB, 1920x1080
>>342218237
Pic of the e3 demo.
The game is really impressive with its graphics/technology : Top tier shaders on the foliage, nice reflections, fog lit by light, destructible elements (trees, ect), perfect lighting...
>>
Looks cool and has some neat ideas, but it's Sony, so they'll shoot themselves in the foot by following all the modern trends.

Can't wait for an empty world with nothing to do or find except repetitive quests and enemy camps. It won't be packed with enough content to work as a sandbox like GTA, won't have interesting enough writing or quest scenarios to work like the quest driven open worlds of Witcher 3 or Bethesda games, and won't have any handcrafted areas to actually encourage exploration.

Basically, I expect the dull structure will ruin what otherwise could've made a decent action game.
>>
>>342218185
>No because they remove the focus on the combat.
They haven't, look at videos for this and look at videos for toukiden 2. You still have a range of weapons that can be used in different ways

>. Open world are viable only when exploration is rewarded and/or different methods to reach the same goal are possible
And how is that not here? Oh wait it is completely because you have a load of tools and you can come at stuff from all types of angles. You seem to just be adamantly refusing these concepts can exist together

> the world around the arena serves absolutely no purpose
Wow, it is almost like they are adding to the genre

>believable
oh you are one of those. Yeah people involved with two amazing stories for games can't possibly make a good story cause wah zoids
>>
Is this game has:
Crafting/Survival mechanics?
Quest markers?
Skills tree level system?
Fetch quests?
>>
>>342218334
There is one more at paris games week here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk8k2Xec9p0&index=9

and after that came Aloys trailer here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4-FCsiF5x4

then the E3 footage

If you want them in release order, the game progressively looks better and better
>>
>>342218492
>won't have interesting enough writing or quest scenarios to work like the quest driven open worlds of Witcher 3 or Bethesda games

Witcher 3 devs are designing the quests and side quests though and bethesda devs are on board helping with I can't remeber what
>>
>>342218538
Did you mean does this game have? If so yes they've mentioned all but the bottom but it will probably be there
>>
File: Ck7G9cLWgAEOE1-.jpg large.jpg (431 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Ck7G9cLWgAEOE1-.jpg large.jpg
431 KB, 1920x1080
>>342218492
>and won't have any handcrafted areas to actually encourage exploration.
Sure it will, Sony is putting a lot behind this title
>>
Looks kind of boring to me. I'll have to see more but it's looking like a pass.
>>
Sony better market the fuck out of this game, like legit shove it down our throats.

Outside of God of War and the Naughty Dog games they're usually so terrible at advertising their first parties. If they fuck this one up they should be absolutely ashamed of themselves
>>
>>342218675
That gives me some hope then. I'm still pessimistic, but hopefully it turns out well because the combat looks interesting if they expand on it and actually make it difficult.

>>342218871
By handcrafted I meant actual areas that you have to figure out how to traverse. Think Zelda and Metroidvanias. Alternatively, Xenoblade X for an open world example, that game is great purely because the world is so fun to explore. It's always a struggle to figure out how to get somewhere largely because of the vertical world design.
>>
>>342218758
Well, shame. I don't want another Far Cry clone :(
>>
>>342200904
Not at all, it looks casual as fuck and with absolutely no challenge at all.
>>
>>342218532
I thought I had made fair points, and I said I was cautiously optimistic, but it seems it's not enough and everything must be black or white.

If you've ever played a monster hunter, the different arenas that make a stage are there to let the monster flee if it wants to, and there are some gimmicks tied to locations from time to time. The combat,the weapons variety and the monster movesets are why you play the game, not the environment itself. I've not seen yet a video that confirmed that the environment offers more possibilities.

>oh you are one of those. Yeah people involved with two amazing stories for games can't possibly make a good story cause wah zoids
I don't doubt in the talent of some of the people on the project, but I doubt that the material they have to work with is interesting enough. You can't make a non manicheistic and very detailed universe with a terminator plot. Also the main interest in the plot of Terminator was the machines' rebellion, not the aftermath.
The only way the game can have an interesting plot is to focus on humans and their divisions, just like zombie games are not about zombies but the factions that were formed to face a cataclysm. I'm still not seing anything like that.
>>
>>342209527
Literally source that shit
>>
>>342209340
Other weapons were already confirmed, and you get different types of each weapon too. Also can use and make weapons from the weapons found ON the mechas
>>
>>342213973
Kek and yet every Monster Hunter has had dlc monsters and cosmetics and weapons...
Low quality bait mate, made even worse by the fact this game is NOTHING LIKE MONSTER HUNTER, fucking retard.
>>
>>342218480
And all that in mind blowing 30 frames per second. Whoa.
>>
>>342219360
>there are some gimmicks tied to locations from time to time.
No reason that can't exist with an open world game, and it is in fact better cause no loading

>The combat,the weapons variety and the monster movesets are why you play the game
As I said, still exists. What were you saying about everything must be black and white?

>but I doubt that the material they have to work with is interesting enough
It is. How humanity fell apart, what are the various trives doing now, why there are robots and why there are some corrupting others are all interesting plot points you can do a lot with

>not the aftermath.
The aftermath of the apocalypse can't be interesting? What bullshit is this? Your whole arguement about the plot is really talking out your arse
>>
File: im-alan-patridge-logo.jpg (21 KB, 279x320) Image search: [Google]
im-alan-patridge-logo.jpg
21 KB, 279x320
why the fuck are they even robots if they just act like animals?

There's a fucking lot of potential there for unique design/lore with animalistic robots. Because they're artificial and presumably connected in some way, who knows how they'd act? It could be really cool and interesting.

Instead, nope, robot t-rexes. How exciting.
>>
>>342219737
>spotted the pcuck.
Don't be mad that the best looking game is coming on ps4.
>>
>>342219848
How would you know pccuck? Did you play it or will you play it?
>>
>>342219229
>Sony better market the fuck out of this game, like legit shove it down our throats.
What kind of thread do you think you're in right now?
>>
>>342219848
the robots have purpose and their own ecology system, they each have a role in the world.

Stop with the fresh meme's
>>
God the protagonist is already the most unlike able cunt

DROPPED

douchebag hipste vegan cunt
>>
File: rigs-screen-03-ps4-eu-15mar16.jpg (413 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
rigs-screen-03-ps4-eu-15mar16.jpg
413 KB, 1920x1080
>tfw Guerrilla are making the coolest looking console AND VR games

When did they get so good?
>>
>>342219813
>As I said, still exists. What were you saying about everything must be black and white?
Never said they weren't, but if it wants to be a MH-like the environment will probably be here just for show, because big environments brings nothing to the combat itself
>the various trives doing now, why there are robots and why there are some corrupting others are all interesting plot points you can do a lot with
I want elements proving that the game won't be manicheistic and not just "we need to the robots' leader" who will obviously be a human
>The aftermath of the apocalypse can't be interesting? What bullshit is this?
What's left to say after civilization fell? "Our ancestors fucked up and our little villages are better than gigantic cities. Sure we have dinosaurs ravaging our asses from time to time but life is good". What's next? "A young woman goes on a journey to decypher the origins of her world"?
This material itself is not enough to make a good scenario and the good bits (if they exist) were not shown in the previews/trailers
>>
Fuck off sony shill
>>
Looks like generic trash
>>
>>342200904
Not 'excited', but it didn't look awful.

The mech-meets-tribal is pretty interesting.
>>
File: 1449692971246.png (310 KB, 634x1019) Image search: [Google]
1449692971246.png
310 KB, 634x1019
>>342220504
>>342220564
>>342220657
never ever
>>
>>342220504
>>342220564

Holy shit /v/ is so salty that ps4 will get once again the best looking game.
Why you guys don't play star citizen ? Isn't it out ? Theres even a cod mod on it !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTL4CBHTbvI
>>
Killzone 2 was the best Guerilla Games but then they dropped the ball with the sequels.

I'll wait for impressions before getting Horizon. It seems up my alley but the devs can be hit and miss. Also the trend of having your female characters look like men need to fucking die already.
>>
Do you only get the lame fucking bow nonsense really?

What a fucking trash game if so.
>>
>>342220465
>Never said they weren't
so this point is null
>, because big environments brings nothing to the combat itself
You have already pointed out how MGSV allowed you to take situations on from many different angles, so yes it does. You are yet to show it will have any negative impact

> who will obviously be a human
And what if it isn't? And if it is what if they do it in an interesting and new fashion? You whole point and shouting about manichestic really just means fuck all unless you can point to an actual issue with the story.

>What's left to say after civilization fell?
You already pointed one element of it out
>focus on humans and their divisions
Also it is just stupid you acting like post apocalypse can't lead to good or interesting stories, it's a genre by itself and has a huge amount of variety from mad max to nier.
>>
>>342220707
holy fuck that game looks like TRASH what the fuck is this?
>>
>>342220701
>>342220707
Just ignore them. We had a good thread going
>>
>>342220924
That's not actually a sony fan, it's GladiumTonitra, he's false false flagging, the only thing we can do is ignore his autism and hope he goes away
>>
>>342203113
no just their exclusive games.
>>
>>342200904
i was moderately hype at the reveal in 2015
last e3 completely killed my interest for the game
far cry with strange looking guns and bright red flashy "hit me here" weak spots
>>
>>342203449
Thx for link.
Fight looks cool as hell, same goes for world and creatures.
Facial expresion/voice acting is bad, but thats minor problem for me.
PS4 exclusive or PC too?
>>
30fps
>>
>>342218492
>Won't have any hand crafted areas

How do you think games are made anon? You think they just made and engine and told a guy "okay make a random landmass and we will put some trees on it"

Which by the way would still be hand crafted even if it was just a generated terrain
>>
>>342221275
PS4 exclusive
>>
>>342220465
>What's left to say after civilization fell?
https://youtu.be/u4-FCsiF5x4
Being an outcast
Finding your mother
Coming of age
The different tribes
Who can you trust (which branches into your whole dialogue system)
Why the apocalypse happened

why can't that be a good story especially from writers with good form?
>>
It reminds me a bit of New Tomb Raider.
I hope it ends up being better than that.
>>
>>342211859
same here, its a shame I cant hunt cyberdinos on PC.
One promising game isnt enough to make me buy console.
>>
>>342202879
Another open world game with a bow.
>>
>>342213973
Only good thing coming form MH is monster porn and only 30% are good.
>>
>>342200904

>another Sony movie game
>>
>>342216951
People who played it on the show floor already said it looks better than it did at last E3, citing ground foliage such as flowers and shit - guerrilla games are wizards and people should have no reason to doubt them
>>
>>342203595

Apparently, every game that has grass in it looks like The Last of Us now.
>>
>Another Toukiden 2 fag in here
That game looks FUCKING AMAZING
Where did you go? Can we talk about it alongside Horizon
>>
>>342200904
it seemed fine, but that fucking voiceacting pulls me off.
can't main protagonist just shut the fuck up?
>>
Based off what I've seen in the past two years:

>story
Don't care
>combat
Looks clunky, zero impact, and no flow
>dialogue wheels
Why?
>slow-mo weapon wheels
Again, why?
>visuals and design
Everything looks very nice
>>
>>342221509
In to botomless pit it goes.
>>
>>342221526
The main character gives strong Mary Sue vibes
>I can't leave when lives are at stake
And I fear that it will be another case of "MC vs his/her society", with tribes fearing the unknown and Aloy opening their collective eyes. I'm waiting for Guerilla to surprise me on these points. I'd like the branching choices to be meaningful, but "Hate Newspapers" had also a dialog wheel with only binary choices.

I'm not sure Guerilla will let the player to do "bad" things in their game.

>>342220874
>. You are yet to show it will have any negative impact
I'm pretty sure the environment won't have any and that's my main gripe with their choice of going open world if they want a MH combat.
>You whole point and shouting about manichestic really just means fuck all unless you can point to an actual issue with the story.
The devs failed to interest me so far, I hope I'm wrong, but they didn't give enough informations to have a good outlook of how special it will be.

>it's a genre by itself and has a huge amount of variety from mad max to nier.

I haven't played Nier yet as I struggle to find it at a fair price. But for Mad Max, ask yourself, what's interesting in it: Is it the empty desert or the mad men surviving in it who have strange hierarchies and weird customs? Are the hasards left by the apocalypse more interesting than the people left after the cataclysm?

I'd like them to go further than the cliche, and develop civilizations very different from native american ones and not just take a far west setting with dinosaurs replacing the bisons. I want a glimpse of what the antagonists will be.
>>
File: CPP.jpg (369 KB, 800x903) Image search: [Google]
CPP.jpg
369 KB, 800x903
>>342213973
It's a monster hunter open world game
If you aren't excited you're just a shitter fanboy. If this had a MH skin you'd be in love with it, just fuck off.

Also, MHX is pretty underwhelming and it's clear the franchise is stagnating big time. I REALLY hope this MHX shitshow project was only something to bring in cash for their next gen MH games, that will hopefuly get out of the horrible 3DS. I'm tired of its screen and hand cramps.
>>
>>342223561
Not him, but the world of mad max is really interesting. How society has fallen down, what has been kept from the old world and is now being put up on a pedestal and the whole planet now being a desert no oceans is a pretty cool. The bit of fury road where it touched on the weirder parts of the world like the weird stilts people was a really cool moment and showed how the world has been changed in an interesting way

You sound like you are trying way too hard to find faults
>>
>>342218480
I like how she digs in her pack and the inventory UI it's like we are actually adventuring
>>
>>342224780
I didn't say that Mad Max's world is uninteresting, but it is not the empty desert that make the different movies worth watching and it will be the same in HZD. The dinosaurs are fun, but because they seem to act like wild life, they will be mostly unbiased. Which means that the story must come from the human relationship, and we haven't seen any so far.
>>
>>342200904
I'm expecting quite a bit, i just hope the world is worth adventuring in.
>>
>>342225482
>I didn't say that Mad Max's world is uninteresting
then why bring it up that this game putting focus on the world is a bad thing and not going to be interesting?

>but it is not the empty desert that make the different
If you changed the setting would they be the same? No, so the setting as a huge effect and even if it didn't that doesn't mean they can't be interesting in their own right anyway.

So yes from the world can come interesting aspects, you don't need humans to make that as you just admitted. And this isn't an empty desert either it's got a fuck load more going on

>Which means that the story must come from the human relationship
the guy linked you a trailer of that
>>
>>342203632
You get a spear for melee(probably more melee weapon types)
Bow, emp sling shot, and some spear hook to tie the robos down.
>>
>>342203595
You can tell just how stupid they are with those formulaic and invalid post, it's actually quite amusing.
>>
File: 1462735058629.jpg (42 KB, 514x749) Image search: [Google]
1462735058629.jpg
42 KB, 514x749
>>342200904
>Guerrilla Games

why are people hyped up for this when they've never made a good game?
>>
>>342200904
Well, the only actual relevant complaints i've seen are "bitch won't shut up!" based off that one introduction trailer, but the whole game won't be like that.

And "robo animals are too far fetched"
but it's a fantasy setting, it can be w.e they want now if the world and setting interest you that's a whole other story.

Personally i think it looks nice, and the combat seems interesting "controlling dinos" sounds like tons of fun, but i'm gonna keep expectations pretty low.
>>
>>342209527
Please don't be lying to me!

Skill trees and weapon customization/upgrade/creation is always a great way to increase longevity.
>>
>>342223561
>I'm not sure Guerilla will let the player to do "bad" things in their game.
Why? What in the trailer showed that? Didn't seem so, in fact she was talking with what seemed like really creepy people

It has witcher and new vegas people working on it, did those games not let you do bad things? No you could make plenty of bad or morally grey choices.

>The main character gives strong Mary Sue vibes
>I can't leave when lives are at stake
What? Cause she said she wants to help people she is a mary sue? We don't even know if that is a dialogue choice or not? That is the broadest use of the term I have ever seen

Why do you have such an overly negative look on the game? It seems like you want to hate on it
>>
File: dissapointed.jpg (6 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
dissapointed.jpg
6 KB, 275x183
>>342216951
The neo comes out this year, the game comes out feb 2017.
mfw this was all neo gameplay and it will just look ok on ps4.
mfw i don't have the money for a neo
>>
>>342226506
not him but I found this
>Aloy also has multiple melee abilities, including a power attack where she slams down a blade onto her enemy with extreme force
> As with other RPGs, you unlock these as you progress, and you can decide how to fill out your skill tree.
>Additionally, Zero Dawn has a crafting system, though Guerrilla is not yet sharing any specifics on the nature or extent of this.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/horizon-zero-dawn-and-the-thrill-of-the-hunt/1100-6440905/
>>
>>342219298
>Far Cry invented all those mechanics
>>
>>342223561
>another case of "MC vs his/her society"

Another case? You make it sound like this is a common theme, i can't think of a single game from this gen with such a story line, care to fill me in on the others you mentioned?
>>
Do we know how this will run?
The gameplay footage looks like a lie, either that or it runs at 720p sub-30

>>342226735
That would make sense
>>
>>342226796
nice!
>>
>>342226735
>The neo comes out this year,
I don't think it does otherwise we would have heard about it at e3, though your theory does sound pretty plausible
>>
>>342227165
Nah it's ps4 so they'll attempt 1080p 30fps.
The neo will attempt 1080p 60fps.

If they where going to drop the p it would only be to increase frams like U4.

U4 looks amazing, but single player is 1080p 30fps, multi player is 900p 60fps smooth.

I'd rather that for all games, it's really jarring going from your pc to your console.
>>
>>342227298
Yeah forgot about the obsession with 1080p

I guess downgrade incoming, ps4 can't handle that level of detail in open world
If it was instanced by zones, maybe
>>
Why do people keep comparing this to Monster Hunter? They're nothing alike. MH is all about the monsters, this is a standard open-world game that just happens to have big enemies moseying about, but the main focus is still on story and open-world faffing about.
>>
File: Aloy_Nora_lookout.png (624 KB, 567x953) Image search: [Google]
Aloy_Nora_lookout.png
624 KB, 567x953
>>342227784
Because an aspect of the game is taking down various monsters, collecting parts and crafting new weapons and armour

It has clear hunting elements and they took inspiration from mh. They even said so themselves

http://nichegamer.com/2015/06/19/guerrilla-games-horizon-zero-dawn-is-inspired-by-monster-hunter/
>>
>>342200904
i don't want to play as ugly woman
>>
Where does she get the fur from?
>>
>>342228242
there are real animals too
>>
I've yet to see anything that proves this isn't a generic 3rd person Far Cry game with a robot skin.

Doesn't look like anything special.
>>
Looks pretty, but not really interested. Reminds me of most open world games but this has robots, too. The main character looks very generic tough girl, too.

Also I'm surprised to see this board get so defensive over people who criticize this game. I think that's why some anons are suspicious.
>>
>>342228305
wouldn't it make more sense to have metallic robot armour instead of shitty weak fur?
>>
>>342228823
Aesthetics, it's like you want everyone to laugh at your robo-fedora
>>
>>342200904

>PS4 exclusive

I guess I'll watch some streams..
Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.