[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one deserves the fame the most ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: video-game-hall-of-fame.jpg (212 KB, 780x439) Image search: [Google]
video-game-hall-of-fame.jpg
212 KB, 780x439
Which one deserves the fame the most ?
>>
>>342198161
I'm going to say Oregon trail.
>>
Tough choice between Street Fighter II or GTA3. SF2 essentially created the fighting games we play today, while GTA3 essentially created every other game we play today. These are the games inducted into the most recent class of the Video Game Hall of Fame, correct?
>>
Elite. That game was a technological marvel of its time. They even ported that shit to NES.

why does Elite: Dangerous have to be so disappointing?
>>
>>342198161
Definitely not Minecraft
>>
>>342198440
FPBP
>>
>>342198161
Civilization is such an amazing and way ahead of its time idea. Playing through all these ages of civilization working to today? What a genius idea.
>>
>>342198161
Out of those? Civilization.
>>
>>342198161
Zelda or Minecraft. Can't tell which. Zelda probably had the biggest influence.
>>
File: 1463466201585.jpg (3 MB, 2655x2919) Image search: [Google]
1463466201585.jpg
3 MB, 2655x2919
>>342198161
To be fair, all of them.
Each in it's own merit.
>>
>>342198161
What did Tomb Raider do that was so special?
>>
>>342198161
Zelda, easily. I know many people here would disagree but Zelda IS the definition of videogames. It validated the medium.
>>
>>342198161
I'm a fool for Rockstar because I love the humor.

I liked Gta5 but was disappointed in the story honestly.

Spawns a whole genre of ripoff and plays pretty good to this day. Gta-5 are fun games, to just hammer out your stress and pick up and play.
>>
>>342198161
Is their something like a "videogame registry" like their one for music/film?
>>
>>342198969
you have to accept that it's an amazing concept. The game literally gives you ancompletely dynamic world where EVERYTHING has a use
>>
>>342198737
This.

Too bad this is an image of games they were considering adding and Elite didn't make it while some games that didn't deserve it nearly as much did.
>>
>>342200354
I don't like the community and all but it's basically videogame legos. Nothing more nothing less. I'd rather build legos irl but sets are outrageous for things I want.
>>
File: kingsquest_1.png (961 KB, 800x639) Image search: [Google]
kingsquest_1.png
961 KB, 800x639
Nothing posted there deserves it.
>>
>>342199683
How did it "validate the medium" in a way that nothing before did?
What makes Zelda in particular worth giving credit?
>>
>>342200558
It just astounds me that they were able to get a fully functional, full 3D space sim on a BBC micro (well, they invented the genre in the first place).

The procedural generation algorithm had the capability for 2^48 galaxies, but Braben and Bell cut it down to just 8 to avoid overwhelming the player.

I play Oolite sometimes. I think it feels like it fits the tone of the original more than Elite: Dangerous.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.