[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is a PS4 worth getting? Please no meme answers.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: PS4 optimal use.webm (3 MB, 1280x382) Image search: [Google]
PS4 optimal use.webm
3 MB, 1280x382
Is a PS4 worth getting? Please no meme answers.
>>
I plan to pick one up for Spiderman, but I'd wait. Wait until holiday when you can snag a bundle for cheap, with the games you want
>>
>>342183519
Depends

Do you like movies?
>>
nah you can just watch all its exclusive movies on youtube for free
>>
>>342183519
Do you want the exclusives?
If yes, sure. If no, no.
>>
>>342183519
Wait till neo comes out. Either you can get that or get a regular ps4 for cheap.
>>
>>342184130
And play the multiplatforms on your 8 year old PC or, more likely, your old laptop, and get 12fps on medium to low settings. FUCK YES PC GAMER BROOOS FOR LIFE HOMIE FUCKIN YES MASTER RAAAACE HAHA
>>
Yes. It'll be supported well into next gen (see: like all of Sony's home consoles) and there's undoubtedly something there for you.
>>
>>342184030
>>342184130
i asked for no meme answers
>>
>>342184485
oh shit sorry
>>
Yes.
>>
>>342184549

sorry for what?
>>
>>342183519
Yeah I bought one last week, If you have a gaming PC you'll have less reasons to buy one however.

>>342184350
Neo will come out end of next year and even then how many games neo advanced games will be out then. Just pick up a Neo a year after release.
>>
physics people: why is there a delay between the first hit and the console moving?

Wait fuck me nvm. You can see the resulting oscillations through the system. When they reach the table the console moves. At least I think that's what is happening.
>>
>>342184398
relax
>>
Its been well worth it for me. I didnt want to deal with a pc so I went ps4. I also had a lot of friends who bought one as well. The only literal problem I've had was the second to last boss fight in the witcher 3 was almost unplayable because of the slowdown.
>>
>>342184753
>Neo will come out end of next year
There's multiple sources claiming it'll be out late this year actually.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2016/06/20/another-report-suggests-a-ps4-neo-release-this-year
>>
>>342185351

If that's true, then no developer has had enough time to make games for it.

Also if it's $600 dollers like I've heard, whats the point? just buy a PC
>>
>>342183519
I love the ripple when the bullet goes through, anymore webms like this?
>>
>>342183519

Bought one maybe a year ago or so, had pretty good experiences with it so far. I own an Xbox One as well and find that I use the PS4 way more on average.
>>
Buy console based on games you want to play, not the other way around
>>
>>342185620
>If that's true, then no developer has had enough time to make games for it.
They won't be making games specifically for it though. They'll just run better and maybe have a few more graphical effects enabled. The leaked documents were pretty clear that Sony wants all games to be compatible for both vanilla PS4 and Neo. I'm guessing all Neo will do is 1080/60fps and play 4K movies.

>Also if it's $600 dollers like I've heard, whats the point? just buy a PC
If it's that much, it's gonna flop. Most likely it'll be $450 max 2bh. It's rumored to be using the new Polaris architecture too so it's probably more cost-efficient to manufacture.
>>
I would wait until Neo since

a) you get a chance to get a better ps4
b) if you still want the original one, it will be discounted

buying it now seems like a waste.
>>
File: 1466465115586.jpg (29 KB, 254x257) Image search: [Google]
1466465115586.jpg
29 KB, 254x257
>>342183519

enjoy your $60 yearly pay for online sub faggot
>>
>>342186635
>playing online
>>
>>342186635
>he can't afford less than 5$ a month
Get a new hobby or better yet a job
>>
>>342183519
Depends what games you want. Memes aside, a lot of games rarely do anything particularly new anymore. They just double down on what has already been done - more open world, more (repetitive) content, more graphics, more voice acting, more cinematic style etc.

I've been watching the new generation for the past two years and until recently it's survived on remasters of the last gen and multi gen games.

With more details on the neo and scorpio on the way, as well as the NX I'd wait and see what's in store.

When it gets to holiday season there will probably be a price cut too.
>>
>>342187035
The fans are to be blamed for this as well. How many times you see people asking for remakes or port for popular franchise?
>>
>>342187403
Yeah it's true, people want what they want and the market all too happily complies. After all, it's less effort on their part.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.