[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Games that fucked up by NOT being weeaboo enough. Also
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
ITT: Games that fucked up by NOT being weeaboo enough.

Also probably should have ripped off Smash harder, or not at all.
>>
Are you referring to how they misrepresented Spike?
>>
>>342180089
More like Dante. And focusing on a more western roster rather than the weebshit people bought ps3s and vitas for.
>>
People often don't appreciate just how well thought out Smash's gameplay systems are. They take a bunch of things that otherwise wouldn't work, but put them together in such a way that they mutually support each other to enable freedom that otherwise wouldn't be possible.
>>
>>342180089
No, not enough Japanese characters like Nep or Ateliers or Guilty Gear or final fantasy characters.
>>
>>342180307
I swear, if they had just pushed for Cloud. Sales wouldve shot up. Hell, just putting more eastern shit wouldve made sales shoot up.

But thats just my idea. I think the roster only didnt have enough appeal to all niches
>>
>>342180797
They did shoot themselves in the foot by making the roster focused on advertising newer titles like DMC and Dead Space 3, at leasy MGR; Reveangence ended up being loved by most fans.
>>
Real talk PASBR was actually solid and the supers to kill system was actually fine, but people just wanted it to be Smash exactly and never gave it a chance and never took the game on its own merits.

The problems with PASBR didn't come from the game not being like Smash, they mostly came from the fact that Seth Killian made it too much like fucking Street Fighter when it should have been more like Marvel. Give the game hyper mobility and give everyone chains and allow people to super cancel and the game would have been totally fine. As is you get a lot of characters who are just fucked and cam build meter but can't kill for dick because their supers are shit or their attacks simply don't allow them to combo into super meanwhile you get assholes like Dante Raiden Kat Kratos Noriko etc who have insane mobility or insane attack range and build meter like a mother fucker because of their easy ass chain combos but then also they all have trivial combos into supers making them like obviously superior to everyone else to a stupid degree. The game tried too hard to be grounded footsies street fighter yomi game when it should have been hyper crazy fucking batshit nonsense.
>>
File: image.jpg (315 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
315 KB, 560x560
>>342179927
>playstation all stars
>playstation's two biggest mascots not included
>>
>>342181134
The point of this game was not to be a good crossover about PS history but instead copy Smash and advertise Fuck You and Bioshock Infinite.

Sony is one of those companies who doesn't care for their own games, so of course this was made with a lot of bad decisions
>>
Still though, to be completely honest, I wouldn't mind seeing them try this again.

>Make every character viable complete with atleast one kill confirm.
>add some eastern shit, so people who only play jrpgs and nothing else will actually be interested.

And im all set. And with that recent deal with Sony and Activision, surely they can get Crash and Spyro back. And they better give us the option of using the classic looks because nobody wants that ugly ass modern design.
>>
>>342179927
They fucked up with the mechanics and stage design more than anything else 2bh
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.