[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>hurr I was just pretending to be liquid Why do people praise
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: Mgs4-1-lg.jpg (172 KB, 700x568) Image search: [Google]
Mgs4-1-lg.jpg
172 KB, 700x568
>hurr I was just pretending to be liquid

Why do people praise this series' writing again?
>>
kojimba
>>
>>342156659
They don't

MGS has one of the most convulted and retarded stories in any games. This just gets worse with each iteration.
>>
People praise MGS1, 2 and 3. No one Praises 4, PW or V.
>>
>>342156659
Only 1 and 3 had decent writing. PW was alright. 2, 4 and especially 5 were a fucking mess.

PO is just lol
>>
Fuck you, OP. Nobody thinks it's "good." Nobody "praises" it. It's stupid and convoluted and backwards and ass blisteringly stupid and campy and silly and it takes itself so seriously and I fucking love it. All the fans do. All the fans love this stupid shit.
Stupid, full retard, what-the-fuck-why-would-that-be-a-thing nonsense with all the plot twists and cuh-razy characters you can think of.

Because it's a video game, it's fun, it's silly, and it's hype. Fuck you OP, you fun loving faggot. I bet you don't even have nanomachines, you fucking normie. Have fun using shitty fag sandnigger weapons while I use my based ID-tagged buttplug to beat your ID-less face into an ID-less pulp, you hetrosexual degenerate
>>
File: image.png (164 KB, 483x573) Image search: [Google]
image.png
164 KB, 483x573
>>342156659
It's actually a good series, it just lost its control a bit when Kojima booted Fukushima. Having Kenji Yano is worse for the fans as he's a literal hack in Japan and a band wagon groupie faggot. In other words, rest in peace death stranding

Also on the liquid ocelot thing, Kojima regrets ever killing off Liquid. He's said this multiple times. When MGS4 came, he decided to undo the liquid soul control meme and say it was just hypnosis

Nice way of saving his ass considering it's a trope in the series.

That said, PO, Snake's revenge, Ghost Babel > MGSV

MGSV has clear hints that the story is based on lies/half truths by ocelot and Miller, hallucinations from Mantis (i.e. Skull Face and Ishmael, being based on real people of the past not present anymore in TPP), and PTSD from GZ incident. Unfortunately it wasn't finished, and thus the interpretation of who venom could've really been is gone. It's up to the player to decide if it's Big Boss, The Medic from GZ, or your avatar who surprisingly enough isn't the medic (the game's coding classifies the avatar and medic with the face as 2 different people)

TL;dr Kojima is a brilliant director but horrible script writer. It's been degrading rapidly since old times and now lord help death stranding because the story looks like itll suck balls
>>
>>342156659
On a series level Kojima has always struggled somewhat with concision and anything resembling subtlety, but up until Portable Ops the series succeeded in exploring interesting themes with conspiratorial flavoring in a way that complemented the tense sneaking scenarios the player found himself in. Metal Gear has always been creatively distinct and idiosyncratic, as well as unusually cohesive on a game by game basis.

In terms of presentation it's goofy and endearing in a way similar to John Carpenter's movies, especially Escape from New York, the most obvious influence on the series.

The cracks started to show when, starting with MGS3, the series erred toward self-obsession and needless connection.
>>
>>342157507
I like to think that Fukushima reigned in Kojima for 1, 2 and 3. Like Kojima spouted some stupid shit idea, and Fukushima called him out on it. But with Fukushima gone, all the stupid ideas went unchecked and as a result we got the plots for 4, PW and V.
>>
>>342157507
> Kojima regrets ever killing off Liquid

If that was true, why not bring him back?

Whatever excuse he used, no matter how dumb and convoluted, it would have been better than DUDE LIQUID IS IN MY ARM BUT NOT REALLY LMAO
>>
The 8-bit games and MGS1 are the normal games in the series. After those they're just bizzare and confusing at worst. Fucking parasites and nanomachines, what is this shit? But they're alright
>>
>>342158310
Bringing back Liquid from the dead would have been a way more believable twist.
>>
>>342158310
He was going to bring him back by having Liquid possess Ocelot, just like what happened in MGS2. But for some reason he changed his mind and retconned The Plant chapter and then made the "i was just pretending" shit in MGS4.
>>
>>342157507
>Having Kenji Yano is worse for the fans as he's a literal hack in Japan

Why is he a hack?
>>
>>342158310
>>342158606
Bringing Liquid back in any sense was a mistake, I think. But at least possessing Ocelot felt weird in a way appropriate to MGS2. Had the series ended with MGS2 it wouldn't have been much of an issue, but MGS4 stretched it beyond its welcome.
>>
>>342158787
Not him but have anyone that's Japanese read any of his articles or writings (MGS or not).
>>
File: The Sorrow.png (204 KB, 500x424) Image search: [Google]
The Sorrow.png
204 KB, 500x424
Ocelot was unknowingly channeling Liquid. He passed it off as Gene Therapy because out of everything in the entire series, he was unable to explain Liquid's intervention.

There, now replay MGS4 and enjoy it.
>>
>>342156869
3 has awful writing. Awkward dialogue, retarded characterization of everybody involved besides Ocelot, insipid aping of James Bond. The Boss is honestly one of the most boring characters in the entire series, despite Kojima forcing her to be this martyr nobody should care about.
>>
>>342158942
Just explain why he's a hack.
>>
Mgs and kingdom hearts are the best examples but japs cant write or do much if anything but idolize women. If there was a scale for average intelligence by country, japan would be near the bottom if not the bottom
>>
>>342159004
Ocelot was only channeling Liquid in the Tanker incident in MGS2. After that him and Solidus went to France where Ocelot had the arm removed and replaced with the artificial one we saw in MGS4 and also went under hypnotherapy.
>>
>>342159004
I've always interpreted it as Liquid's possession motivated Ocelot's plan in MGS4. Otherwise there wouldn't be any reason to have the arm replaced.
>>
>>342159004
>He passed it off as Gene Therapy because out of everything in the entire series, he was unable to explain Liquid's intervention.

What. It is not like Ocelot isn't aware there is supernatural crap. Even with all the NANOMACHINES and PARASITES faggotry, he does know that some guys like Mantis are legit.
>>
>>342159406
Liquid is Ocelot's phantom pain

I seriously don't even remember when this trip to France you're talking about happened. Did he not have the artificial limb in Big Shell? Then when did he and Solidus mosey on down to France?

Solidus was a VR program
>>
>>342156765
>>
>>342159239
The stick was invented to keep away bad and unpleasant things as a weapon. And the next thing mankind invented was the rope. Unlike the stick, the rope had [potential] to tie things close to you together.

>Games nowadays are based mainly on sticks. You communicate and interact based on sticks punching or shooting or being used as weapons. Through cooperative and multiplayer you connect with other players through sticks. Now, in this game, you will be able to use sticks, but I also want people to use ropes to connect somehow. Connection is the theme of the whole game.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/06/15/an-interview-with-hideo-kojima.aspx
>>
Guide to /v/ games
>does it have a story?
Yes
>its shit!
>>
>>342159535
>NANOMACHINES and PARASITES

Guys, here's a thinker.

Which one was better at producing superhumans?
>>
>>342159663
How is a quote from Kojima supposed to explain why Kenji Yano is a hack?
>>
>>342159787
Nanomachines, son.
>>
>>342156659
because its good writing and you're just trying to be edgy
>>
>>342159624
It was listed in the official MGS4 Database for the PS3 that accompanied MGS4.
They retconned MGS2 by having Ocelot have an artificial arm during the Big Shell incident. Him being possessed at the end of the game wasn't real either, it was due to the hypnotherapy he went though. After the Tanker incident, but before the Big Shell incident is when Ocelot got the fake arm and went under hypnotherapy.
>>
>>342160048
database isn't canon
>>
>>342157072
>It's meant to be bad!
lol
>>
>>342159889
>he really thinks MGR is canon
>>
File: 543765897076855.jpg (7 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
543765897076855.jpg
7 KB, 236x236
>>342160229
>>
File: 543765897076855.png (108 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
543765897076855.png
108 KB, 236x236
>>342160726
>>
>>342160391
It was real to me, damn it.
>>
>>342160048
>>342160726
http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Metal_Gear_Solid_4_Database
>>
>>342161202
Thanks?
>>
>>342161265
>Controversy

Read. Database is shit. The equivalent of a companion app that lets you call in airstrikes.

>Amiibos are canon
>>
The only good thing about 4 was the last boss fight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yajquwpNaLA
The throwbacks in Shadow moses were also gread through.

Gameplay was good, too bad 4 didn't make use of it
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.