[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's one game series that's never disappointed you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
What's one game series that's never disappointed you? For me it's Zelda. I've enjoyed pretty much all of the games in the series to some degree, and nothing else gives me same since of satisfaction.
>>
So you didn't play Skyward Sword huh?
>>
Missed out on Skyward Sword didn't you?
>>
>>342142126
I did, and I loved it.
>>
>>342142126
Ocarina did many of the things people bitch about SS doing, worse in some cases.
>>
>>342141932
I would agree with Zelda. (Though I haven't played all of them.) Another one for me personally is the Mario Kart series, I've thoroughly enjoyed every one that i have played.

To make sure this thread isn't a Ninty hugbox, I'd also say I've enjoyed just about every game Behemoth studios has made. They really know how to make goofy and fun games.
>>
>>342141932
Metal Gear Solid series has never disappointed me. Finally got around to playing TPP right now and Im loving it.
>>
File: phoenixwrightwp.jpg (161 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
phoenixwrightwp.jpg
161 KB, 1024x768
>>
>>342142303
Ocarina had a nice overworld and a non gimmicky controller
>>
>>342142126
>>342142229
Spirit Tracks was also pretty bad.

>linear
>literally on-rails travel
>train
>shitty train fights

Everything about that game was bad, except the puzzles.

At least Skyward Sword had some redeeming features.
>>
Only Kirby has been perfect to me

Zelda had WW/PH/SS
Mario has the "new" series and sticker star
Halo had Reach/4/5
Smash had Brawl

The list goes on
>>
>>342142303
Off the top of my head
>several hours before the first dungeon
>silent realm (which I enjoyed, but people still complain about and I can see why)
>forced motion controls for flying, nearly every item, puzzle or battle
>dead overworld/underworld
>boss rehashes
>way too many cutscenes (although this could be blamed on nintendo trying to make a more story centered zelda, not skyward sword's flaw inherently)
>very VERY easy (Ocarina isn't difficulty, but it isn't shoe on head easy)
>>
>>342142940
>Zelda had WW

>Still using the 'Wind Waker is bad' meme
Stop
>>
>>342141932
Mario and Luigi. They get progressively relatively worse, but each is still a very solid game.
>>
>>342143064
It's the least bad of the three I posted, but compared to the Zelda standard, it was awful
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.