[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zelda BotW crazy theories thread! Here's mine, post yours
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 96
File: 885x.jpg (172 KB, 885x780) Image search: [Google]
885x.jpg
172 KB, 885x780
Zelda BotW crazy theories thread!

Here's mine, post yours

>BotW's Link was too unprepared to take on Calamity Ganon and get his ass killed, so Zelda sealed herself together with Calamity Ganon in the castle knowing that one day he will break the seal, the Sheikah put Link in a recovery capsule and hide him until he is fully recovered and Ganon break the seal so Link can defeat him after Ganon is weakened from breaking the seal.

>Calamity Ganon is the Ganon from the same of the same from the defeated hero time line, and the old man in the beginning of the game is this Hyrule Ganondorf that lose his power and the spirit of the Demise to Calamity Ganon.

>The shrines function is to restore the hero spirit within link because he was supposed to be dead them the hero spirit left his body to wait the next hero reincarnation.
>>
>>342139230
>Learn English before trying to explain a theory for games we know little about.
>>
>>342139230
I think this game fits after the Great Sea, between PH and ST
The "New Hyrule" is actually the old Hyrule post-flood
>>
>>342141216
For now is kinda hard to guess, we don't have enough info to make a safe bet
>>
File: wash away.jpg (452 KB, 932x1432) Image search: [Google]
wash away.jpg
452 KB, 932x1432
>>342141216
Nope
>>
File: thief.png (39 KB, 500x450) Image search: [Google]
thief.png
39 KB, 500x450
>>342139230
Good theory OP. Hope you don't mind if I pirate it.

>>342139840
>hurp durp I'm too stupid to understand past a few typos.
>>
It's in between ALBW and ALttP, the Master Sword is going to break on us at the end of the game, hence why it's not in LoZ/AoL (the Magical Sword is not the Master Sword).
>>
>>342141914
Go for it anon
>>
>>342141974
but the Master Sword is in ALBW.
>>
>>342141216
I would say this too, Ex: Koroks, Sea salt item

My current idea is that this link is one of the recent past links resurrected, possibly wind waker (The old man is disappointed you don't remember stuff so even seeing the koroks and not recognizing them wouldn't be against link being WW link)

There are elements that could point towards this being more like a zelda that unifies all timelines since there's elements from many games like the koroks, temple of time, and that floating thing that kinda looks like skyloft.
>>
>>342141757
Maybe this game open a new timeline, where the WW Link is defeated or just Ganondorf could make his wish
>>
>>342141974
Err I mean In between ALBW and LoZ.
>>342142079
Yeah I meant LoZ not ALttP, which ALBW is after ALttP anyways.

It being in that time frame also explains why people inevitably end up in caves in LoZ trying to hide from Ganon since that part of Hyrule is in ruins.
>>
>>342142119
Sea salt items exist pretty much everywhere.

Also only 100 years happen between WW/PH and ST, and WW Link is dead.
>>
>>342142358
Yeah I'm not standing by my thoughts at all just rambling

also
>resurrected
>>
>>342139230
THREAD THEME: https://youtu.be/n_mA0qXcqYs
>>
>>342142119
I thought about the possibility of the old man being Ganondorf, but without his "Demise-side", that is actually Calamity Ganon
and maybe Malladus too
>>
E S L
S
L
>>
>crazy theory
NX is a handheld as powerful as a ps4 powered by a tegra chip
>>
Link is a robot.
>>
File: 1466389487505.jpg (248 KB, 1023x715) Image search: [Google]
1466389487505.jpg
248 KB, 1023x715
Sheikah are in league with the xenos (so called Goddesses) and have been manipulating Hyrule and its people since its inception. Link is just a pawn in their sick game.
>>
>>342142830
NX is a voltron system that combines a handheld unit with a console unit to become a super powerful single unit
>>
>>342142857
get out of here, Kojima
>>
I don't want to think that Old Man is Ganondorf, but the fact that he just takes your spirit orbs in exchange for stuff makes me think he wants them for himself. I don't trust him.
>>
>>342142443
But in one cutscene they say that that BotW Link is "sleeping" for 100 year and that Calamity Ganon appeared 100 years ago
>>
>>342143034
never trust on the first strange old man you find after waking up with amnesia
>>
>>342142947
Never gonna happen
>>
>>342143050
true, forgot about the sleeping part

>>342142830
>very likely theory
The sheikah slate is actually exactly what the form factor of the NX will be
>>
>>342142947
NX is upgradable, you can buy the upgrades separately and plug in as much upgrades as you want
>>
>>342143642
>The sheikah slate is actually exactly what the form factor of the NX will be
Nah, the sheikah slate was probably gimmick to use the gamepad
>>
Time is convoluted.

The timelines converge in this game for some reason. Temple of time has something to do with this.

Am I the only one after beating SS that thought the possibilities of time paradoxes are infinite?
Just having young and old Impa in the same world, the Imprisoned, time travels and all that stuff is crazy.
>>
>>342144207
>was probably gimmick
Sry, I mean was probably a gimmick
>>
>Link is a backup android created by the Sheikah, and defeating each dungeon will upload memories of previous incarnate Heroes of Time eventually allowing him to use the Mastersword.
>It was unable to be previously activated during the Windwaker era because it was underwater.
>You can defeat Ganon without the Mastersword and the full Hero of Time soul, but it won't properly seal him, creating a bad ending.
>>
>>342144272
I dont know if this is confirmed, but I believe the SS Link is the Hero chosen by the Goddess, since he go back to the past and kill/seal Demise, so paradoxes are a thing in the series
>>
>>342144207
hmm true, forgot this game had been developing for a while, but it feels different somehow
>>
File: bird.jpg (8 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
bird.jpg
8 KB, 251x251
Link is the ancient evil that awakened.

>wakes up after 100 years
>destroys landscape
>kills local inhabitants
>uses ancient technology
>ancient defense systems reactivate up his presence
>>
I am going to suggest that this new game, somehow takes place after SS and before OOT.
A. Functioning technology everywhere, and non-functioning technology just laying bare to see.
B. The Temple of Time still stands, even though it has been lost in every post-OOT timeline.
C. The tradition of Link vs Evil exists.

Now the obvious problem with this idea, is Ganon. A loophole that might remedy this, is that Gandondorf is a man and Ganon is a monster. Perhaps Ganon existed before Ganondorf was even born. After all, the moblins and other such pig-monsters are similar to Ganon, even though Ganondorf could not have created the species himself.
>>
>>342144915
Because they when they decided to make it into a NX launch title they had to stop it from every gamepad functionality, so they made the slate into more than just a gimmick to show off the gamepad
>>
>>342145218
According to Skyward, there are 2 Temple of Time, in Lanayru and in Faron
>>
>>342142925
This would really bring back the series to its roots since the triforce was supposed to be microchips
>>
File: 1431992840350.jpg (74 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
1431992840350.jpg
74 KB, 500x700
Timeline ruined everything. Timeline was a fun 'what-if' idea, except for when the video games made it obvious what was a sequel to what. Then Nintendo released Hyrule Hystoria and made Zelda threads annoying.

Here's a video from back when timeline was still just a fan idea:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tBwerivCw8

RIP Gametrailers
>>
>>342145395
True, but one is destroyed in SS.
>>
File: 32x.jpg (46 KB, 800x454) Image search: [Google]
32x.jpg
46 KB, 800x454
>>342143887
What could go wrong there?
>>
>>342139230
After Hero saving the world in OoT (or some other Zelda game) civilization entered golden age and became technologically very advance. So advanced they created destructive weapons (like those thingies with lasers in the gameplay video) and destroyed the world. Japan will never forget atom bomb and this will be Godzilla style Zelda game.
>>
>>342145025
Yeah, what's up with the guardians? Why are they aggresive? I swear, if the only reason is "to test the true courage of the hero"...
>>
>>342145552
at least it explains why there is a Pedestal of Time/Gate of Time both in Lanayru and Faron
>>
>>342146058
They're corrupted
>>
>>342146058
The things are scattered across the landscape in bulk. Imagine a war, and in one instant all the tanks and war machines were disabled. These tanks now all rust peacefully in the fields where they stopped moving.
>>
>>342146257
Your mom is corrupted
>>
>>342146303
Yes, but they appear to use the same basic technology as the sheikah slate, so why are they aggresive towards Link? Shouldn't they recognise him as one of the "good guys"?
>>
>>342146639
Not after Ganon made that technology his bitch.
>>
File: 1389073252349.jpg (239 KB, 539x516) Image search: [Google]
1389073252349.jpg
239 KB, 539x516
>>342145218
>B. The Temple of Time still stands, even though it has been lost in every post-OOT timeline.

You bring up a good point here. One I haven't thought about. How do Hyrule Historia supporters reconcile this fact? Either:

A. OoT Temple of Time is not the Sealed Temple the book claims, because the Master Sword isn't there, yet is clearly in a temple in the ending clip.

B. You posit that the Master Sword has been moved somewhere that's not the Temple of Time. Meaning it's no longer serving as the key to Sacred Realm, so anyone can get ahold of the Triforce.

HH-friends, defend yourselves.
>>
>>342145489
Timeline was never just a fan idea, it's just that Nintendo (especially Miyamoto) didn't give a shit about being consistent.
>>
>>3421468
Do you think he's done that? I dunno, the guardians seem to be too broken down and just lying there to actually be part of ganon's army. The one in the demo who can't even move seem to have been there for years, waiting until something triggered his move sensors.
>>
>>342146851
>B. You posit that the Master Sword has been moved somewhere that's not the Temple of Time. Meaning it's no longer serving as the key to Sacred Realm, so anyone can get ahold of the Triforce.

Master Sword stopped being the sacred realm's key immediately after OoT, in fact the triforce never returned there and in ALTTP/ALBW they can travel there without it
>>
>>342144645
Yeah, SS Link is the boss. He sigle handedly forges the master sword, finds the fucking triforce, defeats Satan and gets to bang the reincarnation of the goddess in Zelda's flesh.
>>
>>342147196
meant to quote >>342146828
>>
>>342139230
>>Calamity Ganon is the Ganon from the same of the same from the defeated hero time line, and the old man in the beginning of the game is this Hyrule Ganondorf that lose his power and the spirit of the Demise to Calamity Ganon.

This is what I'm guessing and hopingis happening. It'd be nice to see Ganon in a different perspective in a way that's lore friendly and doesn't necessarily ruin the canon lore.
>>
>>342139230
I think that someone is trying to merge the split timelines together.
>>
>>342147416
Not likely if they stick with ALttP's backstory of him being a King of Thieves, Ganondorf that seized the Sacred Realm and Triforce turning it into the Dark World. Which as we know is still a thing as of right now.
>>
File: 1389008069810.png (449 KB, 973x640) Image search: [Google]
1389008069810.png
449 KB, 973x640
>>342147268
>Master Sword stopped being the sacred realm's key immediately after OoT,

WOAH! Who said anything about this game taking place after OoT?

I was doing you the courtesy of assuming you knew that.
>>
What if this game were just a LoZ remake, timeline-wise? Would that make sense? I don't know much about Zelda timelines
>>
>>342147629
Probably because Ganon exists. He doesn't exist until OoT, unless they decide to retcon it, but that'd be a pretty major retcon.
>>
What's Vaati's role in all of this again?
>>
I still think this is OoT link. Honestly who cares which hand he holds his sword. At this point all of us should believe that link is ambidextrous
>>
>>342147629
>Who said anything about this game taking place after OoT?
it obviously does since ganon's around, koroks are a thing and temple of time is in ruins
>>
>>342142947
NX is actually a Gundam
>>
File: 1465909003521.png (210 KB, 405x597) Image search: [Google]
1465909003521.png
210 KB, 405x597
>During the game you come to know Ganondorf came back and was sealed in the castle in the imprisonment war
>People are not around because of the war and because most have gone to search for the triforce in the dark world
>Master Sword is useless, but blueprints for a new one get sent to sages, who forge a new Master Sword
>>
>>342147671
miyamoto already said they're not trying to recreate the original or anything
>>
>>342147671
If it was to make a wild guess I would said Zelda 2
>>
>>342148003
Also there are Ritos
>>
I believe that this game is secretly a continuation of MGSV. We all know the similarities between Venom snake and Link, so I wont go over them. I will be going over the Man who sold the world and what it implies about the Old Man.
>we spoke of was and when
The old man is seen telling Link about what has happened to Hyrule and tells him it happened 100 years ago. Was, and when.
>although I wasn't there he said I was his friend
Link clearly has not been there for 100 years, and the Old Man is immediately friendly to him, and acts as a mentor character
>I thought you died alone a long long time ago
Gaebora doesn't die because he's a sage (correct me if Im wrong about that), Ganon doesn't die alone because he is killed by Link everytime, so pretty much the only person who we know died, but also died alone, is The King.
>you're face to face with the man who sold the world
In this case, the world is the ancient Hyrule, and the King "sold" it when he wished for it to be flooded.
>I laughed and shook his hand and made my way back home
>I searched for form and land, for years and years I roamed
Its an open world game and thats what you will do in the game, roaming and searching for land.
Whats interesting is "made my way back home". This Link doesn't remember his home so maybe rediscovering it will be a major plot point. Perhaps "home" is a metaphor for his memory, once he has found his old memories or made enough new ones he will feel at home again.
>I must have died alone, a long long time ago
Link waking up in the "reincarnation chamber" is proof enough that he was dead at one point.
So what does all of this mean? Well it basically confirms that we are playing as Wind Waker link. After all, he's the only Link who would know that the King had died. He also wears a blue shirt.
But here's the thing: Much like MGSV, you're not actually the character you think you are. Youre a fake WW Link, meant to distract Ganon from the real Link, and provide hope for the people of Hyrule
>>
File: tmc.jpg (195 KB, 1004x643) Image search: [Google]
tmc.jpg
195 KB, 1004x643
>>342147734
Not really.
>>
>>342148301
That's just a Moblin
>>
File: 1411662868348.png (179 KB, 740x647) Image search: [Google]
1411662868348.png
179 KB, 740x647
>>342139230
>BotW Link
>Not wearing the clothes of the Hero
>Instead wearing a tunic only reserved for "people respected by the Royal family"
>The royal family must know about the hero since the heiress of the family is always the holder of the Triforce of Wisdom
>This Link is not a real Link
>His eyes are of a tone of blue similar to the magic glow of the Sheikah technology
>yfw Link probably is a robot, a Sheikah or a clone of the hero
>>
>>342146992
I know there were connected games, but it was better when they didn't give a shit. I had always thought of Zelda as being different iterations of the same old story told as legend throughout generations except for in the cases in which there are clear sequels: OoT > MM > WW, etc. But no, it's some generation spanning curse, or something. Just makes it seem more lame in that case.
>>
File: lonkfrompeny.jpg (56 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
lonkfrompeny.jpg
56 KB, 1280x720
>>342139230
Too bad your theory is deep and too high a quality to show up in a LoZ game.

That being said, I'm about to BLOW. YOUR. MIND. with this theory.

>cRaZy ThEoRy
>ur link
>oshit, ganon's out of the cage again, maybe we should reconsider how we handle him
>... after this one time tho
>save the princess, boi
>WHOaoaodAWOoa, CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT THE SHRINE WAS[your choice of either the container of the master sword or secretly the seal that held ganon down in the first place, unlocking the next 6 dungeons once you fuck it up royaly]
>YOU SAVED HER, and i guess ganon's just in the shadow realm or whatever, man, don't worry, im sure this time it wont go horribly wrong for the historically ignorant youth of our nation's future
>we'll slot this into the timeline later, so just do what the fuck ever, man
>the end
>>
>>342139230
The link you play as is simply another one in a long line of Sheikah Magi-tech clones who have repeatedly attempted to thwart Ganondorf but failed.
>>
>>342139230
The whole game is actually taking place in Lorule the whole time
>>
File: SS to AoL - Downfall Hyrule.png (155 KB, 1282x1350) Image search: [Google]
SS to AoL - Downfall Hyrule.png
155 KB, 1282x1350
>>342147671
Sort of actually.

People are living in fear in caves from Ganon in LoZ and Zelda I is asleep, put under a curse, with LoZ Link collecting the Triforce of Wisdom to fight Ganon, there is a Death Mountain and Lost Woods too.

The only real inconsistencies would by Hyrule Castle and the Temple of Time existing. Which the latter is an easy retcon, the other, not so much considering Zelda I sleeps in North Palace which is quite a good ways away from where it should be.

The Downfall Map I made earlier matching up the Hyrules. If anybody wants to know how I matched them up, I'll let ya know.

Based on which way the entrance of the Temple of Time in BotW is facing, Death Mountain would be near the Lanaryu Temple of Time and Hyrule Castle near the Royal Crypts/ALttP Kakariko for a very rough estimate since certain things can move around.

However Link's starting point in LoZ would match that leak from before E3 with Link starting out in the desert oddly enough, though that Link is pretty much bogus now.
>>
>>342148301
the capcom games have a bunch of inconsistencies due to being, well, capcom games
>>
What was that fan created hoax of a game idea between Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword? It was supposed to have told the story of the flood, or something. Surely I'm not making this up in my head.
>>
>>342148669
I still don't understand why they didn't just make the Four Sword saga a separate universe, it would've fit much better
>>
>>342139230
The arrow is on the wrong side of the bow. Dopey artist. Is that actually a nintendo approved image?
>>
>>342148776
To be clearer, this was an idea before the production of Skyward Sword was even known about.
>>
>>342148776
It was between WW and OoT
http://zeldauniverse.net/2012/02/04/looking-back-at-the-legend-of-zelda-valley-of-the-flood/
And yes, it seems EXACTLY what this game is
>>
File: 1466176727427.jpg (48 KB, 391x285) Image search: [Google]
1466176727427.jpg
48 KB, 391x285
>>342148776
>Twilight Princess occurs before Skyward Sword

Wait, yes. Yes! This is the answer to all the questions. Breath of the Wild is midquel that connects these two by the reconstruction of the Temple of Time. Twilight Princess is actually the first Zelda game, in a cyclical forlorn tale of the inescapability of fate. The characters don't know they have been at this for thousands of years and will be at it for many more.

The Temple of Time is the base connecting all timelines.

>>342148793
>Four Swords saga began as a sidegame included within ALttP, using the same engine.
>would have fit better as a separate universe

What did he mean by that?
>>
>>342149340
>What did he mean by that?
What did you mean by that you little shit?
>>
File: augmented.png (605 KB, 661x619) Image search: [Google]
augmented.png
605 KB, 661x619
>the curse means Hyrule is perpetually doomed and Ganon's ultimate victory is essentially inevitable
Cool.
>>
File: black.jpg (187 KB, 886x550) Image search: [Google]
black.jpg
187 KB, 886x550
>>342148947
I meant between in terms of being produced by Nintendo, but that's what I was thinking of, thanks.

Isn't Wind Waker basically the game that tells the story of the flood? Like OoT, it's a time loop story, you go out on the flood to defeat Ganondorf, and the King decides to flood Hyrule in order to kill him resulting in the flood you had to sail in order to beat him. Or am I completely retarded and getting that story wrong? Zelda lore makes no fucking sense to me.

>>342149340
>Wait, yes. Yes! This is the answer to all the questions. Breath of the Wild is midquel that connects these two by the reconstruction of the Temple of Time. Twilight Princess is actually the first Zelda game, in a cyclical forlorn tale of the inescapability of fate. The characters don't know they have been at this for thousands of years and will be at it for many more. The Temple of Time is the base connecting all timelines.

nigga wat
>>
>>342148256
>MGSV
Where does Skull Kid fit into this?
>>
File: 18j0yyebco7eqjpg.jpg (279 KB, 800x1092) Image search: [Google]
18j0yyebco7eqjpg.jpg
279 KB, 800x1092
>>342149820
ocarina of time created multiple timelines
>>
>>342149785
Hope Link at least gets turned into Ganon's sex slave after his absolute victory

Why even conquer Hyrule if that's not what you are going to do?
>>
>>342149820
No, you got it wrong
Hyrule was flooded the entire time, but it got protected by a bubble
King lifted out the bubble at the end of the game drowning Hyrule forever
WW Link has never traveled in time
>>
>>342150148
ganon's not gay u gay
>>
>>342150116
I will never understand why the "the hero is defeated" timeline exists.
I mean it doesn't make sense, why is the split after OoT and not after any other game? Technically every game can potentially end with Link losing.
What's the deal with that?
>>
Hey anyone have the image of the guy climbing up the pole and seeing what looks like an airship in the BotW demo?
>>
>>342150327
Because it's not an in-universe split, it's just that they decided to make two different versions of the story, you should read it as an alternate sequel
>>
>>342150327
Because two Hero of Times exist concurrently, one who fails, and one who doesn't. No other games have two Links that exist concurrently, one is destined to fail for that very reason. It's all due to his fuckery with the Temple of Time/Master Sword, with Zelda causing the split between Child/Adult with the Ocarina of Time.

That is why no other game has a divergent failure timeline despite dealing with time travel, they don't cause such massive paradoxes to the point that two heroes must exist at once.
>>
>>342150327
I think it's because ocarina of time was the only game that servery fucked with the fabric of reality
>>
>>342150505
But the Historia straight up calls it a timeline...
>>
>>342150654
Actually Link Between Worlds has two Links, but the other, Ravioli, is from another world and looks terrible with his black hair, basically poor man's dark lanky
>>
>>342150367
Thats Skyloft, silhouette matches at 99%.
>>
>>342150654
Oh it's you again
I see you still go around promoting your stupid theory with no logical sense
>>
>>342150805
Well yeah, but you know what I mean, they aren't technically the same Link, as much as say Fierce Deity/Link or Link/Termina Tingle are the same Link.
>>
>>342150857
You sure?
>>
>>342150804
It's a timeline because it's a line of time, that means nothing
>>
So will it be an NX launch title? Will it release on Wii U at the same time? Because I don't want to have to buy it twice.
>>
File: GerudoGamila.jpg (101 KB, 949x841) Image search: [Google]
GerudoGamila.jpg
101 KB, 949x841
>>342146851
HH can suck it.

Even when the Master Sword is out in the sacred grove, the grove is really just the bare floor of the old Temple of Time. You see this in TP directly. Even in LTTP, the master Sword has a pedestal, even though there are no other parts of the temple walls remaining. They blatantly recreated the imagery, if for nothing else than the closing credits. Final conclusion is that despite many inconsistencies in placement and names of the ToT, there is only one that holds the Master Sword, and it is the same place seen in SS.

This place is gone beyond repair after WW. This place is decayed beyond repair in TP. This place is decayed beyond existence in LTTP. If the true ToT stands, then the new game must occur during a time before it was lost.

Ganon still remains a potential problem for this theory however.

Suppose this.
The robots were created by Lanayru, the dragon.
The timeshift stones have inscriptions that resemble the Sheikah symbol.
The Sheikah (Impa) existed in the past while the robots were still operating.
The lands of the Gerudo were lush and green, before the robots moved in and mined all the timeshift stones away.
The Gerudo existed in the past while the robots were still operating, because things were named after them in SS.
Koume and Kotake are really fucking old, and had some part of raising Ganondorf.
The Gerudo are never seen again after OOT.

Take all of that and then some, and consider this.
A time period in which the Gerudo have nothing, while Hyrule has everything, between SS and OOT.
A war against the world by the Gerudo.
The Sheikah use the technology at their disposal to create war machines.
The Gerudo summon demons, and Calamity Ganon, to fight against the technology.
The war has been a quagmire for centuries.
This game could conceivably be about Ganon becoming Ganondorf. Young Koume and Kotake may even use Link to make it happen, under the guise of saving Hyrule from Ganon.
>>
>>342150872
It straight up says so in the Hyrule Historia.
>>
>>342150116
That's stupid. You're stupid.
>>
>>342150989
The thing in that webm even has the same bridges and floating mini islands. Yes,
>>
>>342151102
Tell me where it does please
I've got the book here with me, give me the page
>>
>>342151151
Coolio.
Not as cool as an airship but good enough for me
>>
>people still pushing the "it's just a legend retold thing"

Why?
>>
>>342151340
Because that cuts out the useless struggle to try and make it all make sense. Forcing the timeline was a retarded move.
>>
>>342150805
Lots of people consider him to BE Dark Link, but for a different Link's era, in such a way that for every Link there is a Ravio. The dark link that we come into combat with is Ravio, hating you for being the hero that he wasn't for his now-ruined Lorule, or even just fighting you to find out what he could have done better.
>>
>>342151554
It makes perfect sense though.

The only thing that doesn't make sense is why Link was trying to assemble the Triforce of Wisdom in LoZ. Where was Courage?
>>
>>342139230
OoT link that died to Ganon, resurrected
>>
>>342151340
Well, every game has been a legend retold. I don't see why this one wouldn't be. I also don't see why thinking this is "pushing" it.
>>
>>342151941
Courage was hidden in the final palace of Zelda 2, everyone but Impa forgot about it
>>
>>342151186
this page right here >>342150116

You can't tell me that a story retold can lead to such overly drastic different games, let alone eras. Eras are set in stone, they don't just magically change with the time. By your logic they're both the same story just told differently, in one the Hero of Time dies and the other he lives. How would that end up changing the course of history and it's eras through nothing more than words?

It can't. That'd be like us having stories of JFK's death, but no it's just a story, a legend passed down. In one he dies, one he lives, but in the one he lives there is a magical kingdom where everything is beautiful and lovely, that's the Child Era, while we're in the Downfall Era where everything is dark and bleak because of JFK's death.

Do you see how stupid that sounds, that means they're the same timeline but different stories told, so much so that literally history is completely and utterly different on an asinine level. Sure details about the story can change "dark world/twilight world" but not the fact that there are literally massive differences between the two sides.

Besides the Historia has them on different sides for a reason, as opposed to "These are the same, they're just stories retold!"
>>
>>342151941
it was inside you all along!
>>
>>342151947
It is plausible that this is the fabled third timeline. Ganon's condition supports it. The state of the Temple of Time supports it. The abundance of technology gets in the way of it, but newer games always have better items.
>>
>>342151554
I've seen so many people since Historia came out make perfect sense of it where it causes no problems whatsoever beyond TP's Hyrule and FSA's Hyrule. FSA should be in between ALBW and LoZ, but the point is, the timeline makes sense believe it or not. Not hard to understand really.
>>
>>342151947
Stylized too differently from both young and adult OOT link, and I don't think it's just an in-between either, since Links are usually related to similarly stylized Links.
>>
>>342142583
>Malladus
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
>>
>>342152051
Never says the split happens in-universe
>It can't. That'd be like us having stories of JFK's death, but no it's just a story, a legend passed down. In one he dies, one he lives, but in the one he lives there is a magical kingdom where everything is beautiful and lovely, that's the Child Era, while we're in the Downfall Era where everything is dark and bleak because of JFK's death.

Because you still see the legend as something passed down in-universe: consider the Nolan Batman and Burton's Batman, they're two versions of a different story: is there a reason in-universe? No because they're two separate work of fiction, and such is Zelda: two different works of fiction with half chunk of the story being the same
>>
File: mickey.jpg (53 KB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
mickey.jpg
53 KB, 500x278
>>342151941
You know why it doesn't make sense? Because it doesn't have to in an Earth timeline in which a Zelda timeline doesn't exist.
>>
>>342148081
It was first forged by The Hero to ascend Skyloft, right? Or was that the Goddess sword?
>>
File: link.jpg (13 KB, 170x213) Image search: [Google]
link.jpg
13 KB, 170x213
>>342152086
>>
What happened between OoT and TP? In OoT the Master Swords rests just besides Hyrule castle, and in TP, which is supposed to be like a century after, it's abandoned in a very far away grove. How and why did they move the entire castle+city in that time?
>>
What if they reset all timelines or make them converge in BotW, so they can reboot the timeline and stop this autism?

I'm thinking about something like X-men days of future past.
>>
>>342152315
Based purely on this theory, I'd say it's the next generation of Skyward Sword's Link taking the land back for the first time since the humans started living in the air.
>>
>>342152545
Most of the games put the temple out in the woods. OOT just told that part of the story wrong.
>>
>>342152485
It was first created by Hylia herself
If you believe the Historia manga is canon it was reforged like two times
>>342152545
OoT's temple of time is a mistake, they wanted it to be inside the forest like allt he other Zelda games, couldn't because of graphical reasons
>>
>>342152617
Not gonna happen.
Nintendo don't like going back on things they deem worthy to put into print, regardless of how retarded it is.
>>
>>342152373
Guess that means the Adult Timeline is also just a legend passed down, since it also never says the split happens in universe.

Besides you can argue different timelines are different universes from the moment of their split, it's a pretty commonly accepted theory.

Then again I guess the creators showing the clear split off from OoT and all the games that connect from there are wrong, my bad. I guess they view them all as different stories told despite sequels existing.
>>
>>342152716
>If you believe the Historia manga is canon
Not him, but I'm pretty sure it is canon.
>>
>>342152747
The adult timeline is actually said to be an in-universe split on page 91
>>
>>342152617
That would completely invalidate the consequences of any previous games. Not only is that unsatisfying if you actually LIKED most of those games, but it would also entail Nintendo implying that they were WRONG, which is the only real reason I can give you that they will never do this.
>>
Does any other Link, wear blue earrings?
>>
>>342139230
>Here's mine, post yours

Okay.

Oh, but, before I get all excited: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJMEpOiPZG8 This guy posted a pretty compelling video about what he thought about Zelda: Breath of the wild's timeline placement.

>Ganondorf is the old man & Ganon is the calamity/smokey thing. Ganondorf has been separated from Ganon, but all this did was create an unsympathetic, emotionless, cloud of evil due to removing the 'human' elements from it. Ganondorf will be a lesser of two-evils kind of deal.

>This is the furthest(last?) Zelda on the timeline: it's the furthest from the point of skyward sword and this is visible due to the wear and physical degradation of what was otherwise a seemingly invincible sword.

>Despite my link I -do- think this takes place after wind waker: The Koroks/Great Deku Tree WON and was able to unflood the land via planting numerous trees/mangrove groves that artificially created landmasses and so forth on their roots and bows. These Trees may have even raised the sea floor via their roots pulling it up- creating the odd plateaus and dotting the world with ponds, pools and kettles formed from remaining sea water.

>Prominent characters such as Ganondorf, Zelda and Link may have stopped "truly" reincarnating, I.E: Link was sealed away in the sheikah cryo-sleep because they knew this may very well be THE LAST. ONE. Zelda may not be around as we know her- Maybe Ganondorf couldn't contain Ganon anymore or something? Maybe that's why he was spared?
>>
>>342152545
They didn't move the Temple of Time. Forest and shit just grew around it, it was abandoned.

TP's Hyrule is the only Hyrule that doesn't match up with any of the others. The others all match up in some way, especially Death Mountain, outside of TP's. You can assume "tectonic shifts and changes in geography" due to the wide chasms and valleys surrounding Hyrule, but it makes no sense when FSA comes immediately after and everything matches up again and Hyrule is surrounded by water like it is in the Downfall Timeline.
>>
>>342152846
There are so many plot points different from SS, I doubt it is
>>
>>342152925
OoT - adult
Maybe SS
>>
File: 25305013810_f6e84da947_o.jpg (473 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
25305013810_f6e84da947_o.jpg
473 KB, 1280x720
>>342151085
You are missing the point, which is that the Master Sword is NOT inside the Temple of Time, in the Great Plateau in the E3 demo.

Ergo, I'm asking you and HH advocates; where is it?
>>
>>342152925
OoT link uso earings but they are white
>>
>>342153056
I haven't read it in a while, got the plot points on hand?
>>
>>342153136
>Ergo
You should say "therfore"
"Ergo" traditionally comes mid-sentence
>>
File: Link_-_HW.png (2 MB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
Link_-_HW.png
2 MB, 2000x2000
>>342152925
Hyrule Warriors
New game is literal legend remake of LoZ.
>>
>>342153136
>>342153389
Therefore*
fuck phone posting
>>
>>342152664
>>342152716
That makes a lot of sense, thanks. It's a pity, I would have loved to see the Temple in full glory in the middle of a forest.

>>342153000
What in TP doesn't match up?
>>
>>342152879
Pg. 69
Beginning with the creation of heaven and earth and Skyward Sword, the timeline splits into 3 branches following Ocarina of Time. A branch depending on whether Link arises victorious or is defeated, and a further branch for the Child Era Link originally inhabited and the Adult Era in which he no longer exists.

>3 branches
>>
File: Hyrules - Downfall and Adult.png (339 KB, 1308x3612) Image search: [Google]
Hyrules - Downfall and Adult.png
339 KB, 1308x3612
>>342153497
Quite a lot actually. All of these are based on some factor or another such as the way the Temple of Time is facing, Death Mountain/Lost Woods, etc.

You can see almost everything matches up pretty soundly outside of TP's 'known' places.

Yellow Dots=Multiple Areas that exist through games (such as Hyrule Castle is the same Hyrule Castle for every single game but TP/FSA).

Black Dots=Singular Areas
>>
>>342153268
>Crimson Bird has a tatoo on his peak, is edgy AF, can talk with humans
>Master Sword existed as a Master Sword before the events of SS, do we really have to believe it reverted to Goddess for no reason?
>Link's spirit existed before SS even though he is supposed to reincarnate following Demise curse
>>342153525
First, it says "chronology" which splitting doesn't mean it happens in universe, notice that only when talking about the Adult/Child split it says "two separate realities"
>>
>>342153948
Link doesn't have to reincarnate for the curse to work. You just need new heroes to show up.
>>
>>342153948
Doesn't in the manga Hylia also not get mortally wounded like Zelda says in the game? I seem to recall Link dies instead.
Not that guy.
>>
>>342153948
>Crimson Bird has a tatoo on his peak, is edgy AF, can talk with humans
I don't understand, is this supposed to be important?

>Master Sword existed as a Master Sword before the events of SS, do we really have to believe it reverted to Goddess for no reason?
Could it not just be a case of naming conventions changing?

>Link's spirit existed before SS even though he is supposed to reincarnate following Demise curse
I thought that Links spirit originated inside The Hero
>>
>>342154187
The point is he's reincarnated before the curse shit
>>342154243
Yup
>>
File: relevant.png (411 KB, 1119x403) Image search: [Google]
relevant.png
411 KB, 1119x403
>>342139230
Relevant banner.
>>
>>342154187
Not that guy, but it doesn't make sense that Link fights Demise before Skyward Sword, and Demise doesn't remember him.

He specifically says "So you're the Goddess' Knight?"

It also doesn't make sense that Link and Hylia are involved in a conflict of evil in general if he wasn't cursed before Skyward Sword.
>>
>>342154309
>I don't understand, is this supposed to be important?
Yes, since he's easily imprisoned by Groose, hasn't got the tatoo and sure can't talk
>Could it not just be a case of naming conventions changing?
No: Goddess Sword is different in looks and everything
>I thought that Links spirit originated inside The Hero
Which is SS's hero
>>342154413
This too
>>
>>342153136
The platform actually greatly resembles the one of the SS Temple of Time, I could simply have had a change of climate over time, possible even as an effect of the events of SS. The only other place I can think of off the top of my head that looks anything like that sword stand ignoring the climate change theory is in the Minish Cap, when you get it in the woods, or rather, when you reforge it there. The game could take place some time after this, with the newly reforged Master Sword replaced in the forging stand in the woods. I sincerely doubt that they'd be trekking into Minish Cap territory, though, especially with a link nearly identical to the SS link. I would even accept that the Temple of Time just up and moved, as it already has a certain jurisdiction over time, which is a significantly more impressive feat than teleportation.
>>
>>342154502
It's supposed to be the same bird?!

>No: Goddess Sword is different in looks and everything
I'll need to look into that, like I said it's been a while.

>Which is SS's hero
Which would make him the first reincarnation, the first official "Link", because The Hero died below, no?
>>
>>342139230
>recovery capsule
full retard
>>
>>342153948
Pg. 92
The Hero of Time is, of all things, defeated by Ganondorf. Ganondorf obtains the Triforce and become the Demon King, Ganon, who continues to menace the world even in later eras. The conflicts surrounding the Triforce happen again and again, the blood of the gods wanes, and the kingdom of Hyrule is reduced in size.

>The Hero of Time, IS defeated
That means he lost, he can't lose and succeed. That straight up confirms that he indeed did lose, but it also confirms on Pg. 91 that he indeed did succeed, that means there are two of them.

Besides Pg. 91 and your split doesn't say they are two separate realities, it says the presence of the Hero of Time caused the Adult/Child timeline, there is no presence of the Hero of Time in the Downfall portion because he's gone, he is defeated.
>>
File: hmmmm.jpg (96 KB, 728x591) Image search: [Google]
hmmmm.jpg
96 KB, 728x591
>>342142925
>>
File: photo_2016-06-20_23-41-24.jpg (92 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-06-20_23-41-24.jpg
92 KB, 960x1280
>>342154773
>Pg. 92 stuff
Geez, no wonder it's sure he is defeated if you literally go on the page where it tells you to go to follow the story where he's defeated, you have already crossed split territory
Pg. 91
It tells that stuff only about the adult/child timeline though, no mention about the other split being in-universe caused
Pic related is the "two reality" stuff
>>
>>342154413
Agreed.

The curse in Skyward Sword, can be directly applied to The Imprisoned attempting to return in the future, even though Demise was defeated in the past.

Interpreting it to apply to Link/Zelda/Ganon is poetic and fitting, but not necessary at all, because the curse is specifically there to account for the seen events in SS.

Even if the curse could be blamed for Link/Zelda/Ganon, it doesn't have to imply any kind of reincarnation or lineage for Link. Link can be a new guy, chosen by the goddesses for being courageous. Zelda reincarnates, because she is housing the soul of Hylia. Ganon comes back when he has a reason to, but sometimes other bad guys are there instead of him to fill the role predicted by Demise.

Demise may as well have been predicting war in the middle east, because the curse was going to happen with or without him yelling curses at them.
>>
Can we please shut the fuck up about the fucking timeline.

It doesn't matter if it's a timeline, alternate what if universes, legends retold, or whatever. Believe whatever the fuck you want, but shut the fuck about it.
>>
File: WVW69jQxfr0NqwddsU.jpg (87 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
WVW69jQxfr0NqwddsU.jpg
87 KB, 800x450
>>342154535
But that's what I'm saying!

IT'S NOT IN THE SEALED TEMPLE """""IF""""" THE SEALED TEMPLE IS THE -TEMPLE OF TIME- BECAUSE THTE TEMPLE OF TIME IS VACANT.

THEREFORE (thanks other anon), is the Temple of Time not the Sealed Temple, or has the Master Sword moved?

DO YOU SEE WHAT I MEAN?
>>
Link is not Link.

Either clone or something pretending to be him.

Real Link failed and this is back-up plan.
>>
>>342154649
>It's supposed to be the same bird?!
Yes, the ending page shows it
>>
>>342155172
That page literally confirms there are 3 timelines anon, I don't think you want to use it as evidence that there are only 2.
>>
>>342155391
I definitely need to look into it again.
Thanks anon.
>>
Which is more convoluted?

Zelda or Kingdom Hearts?

Seeing people argue over timelines after all these years really makes me wish Nintendo just left it alone. Trying to make sense of things that weren't created to make sense is something else...
>>
>>342155394
It never says one timeline is split in-universe though
The truth is, there are two different canons, with the Downfall being its own, yet you nsist on forcing it in a only canon because you can't accept something as a work of fiction
>>
>>342155331
It's been confirmed the Sealed Temple becomes the Temple of Time.

You've got to remember that Hyrule changes over time and north isn't always exactly North, the maps do have to be rotated and increased/decreased in size to have everything match up perfectly.
>>
>>342149785
Ganon is always fated to be defeated though, in one way or another.
>>
File: mr dragmire.jpg (81 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mr dragmire.jpg
81 KB, 1920x1080
>>342155223
>Believe whatever the fuck you want, but shut the fuck about it.

The problem is, Nintendo confirmed the timeline. We're doomed to a cursed eternity of these threads
>>
>>342155532
Kingdom hearts isn't convoluted, it's actually pretty straightforward with everything being explained ingame.

The stuff it deals with is just really wacky.

Zelda is more convoluted, as it really requires players to be perceptive.
>>
File: image.jpg (239 KB, 1843x1406) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
239 KB, 1843x1406
I hope you idiots are ready to explore all of this

You aren't
>>
Is he right?
>>>/vg/146077927

>Deku Tree is a liar
>>
>>342155575
I'm not even the same guy. The page you posted straight up said there are 2 branches from OoT, with one of those branches diverging itself.

It's pretty goddamn simple to understand if you have a reading comprehension above kindergarten. Also yes, it does say it happens in universe.

>It splits after Ocarina of Time, with one timeline depicting the events that follow Ganon's Triumph, and other his defeat.

Reading comprehension, do you fucking have it?
>>342155532
KH, but neither are hard to understand if you have an ounce of intelligence.
>>
The game's got me hyped, but shamefully I've only really played some handheld Zeldas.

Popped in WW HD, but honestly it's really boring, sailing is quite dull and the islands are empty as hell.

Should I just emulate OOT instead? Seems like the wiser choice.
>>
>>342155925
Chronology
noun, plural chronologies.
the sequential order in which past events occur.
a statement of this order.
the science of arranging time in periods and ascertaining the dates and historical order of past events.
a reference work organized according to the dates of events.

>a reference work organized according to the dates of events.

That's it, chronology split doesn't mean UNIVERSE SPLIT or something, it's just a timetable split one following one canon and one the other
>>
>>342155831
The map seems to have changed a lot though. The Plateau is very close to a desert, according to what we've seen in the demo, and the closest desert in that pic is too far away.
>>
>>342156138
I'm going to assume you're retarded, that other anon probably isn't right either, but an in-universe explanation is Link is defeated. Simple as goddamn that. You can't be this fucking dumb not to get basic comprehension of things told to you by the creators themselves, you just fucking can't.
>>
>>342156316
Yes, that's what happens in the other canon, but there's not two realities or something causing realities to split
>>
>>342156512
I don't think you understand how time travel and alternate timelines work at fucking all.
>>
>>342155902
The Deku Tree is an old senile moron.
>>
>tfw Historia revealed Majora's Mask and Wind Waker and their subsequent games aren't canon
>>
>>342156602
Since you're so smart, tell me what possibly could've caused it to split in the time travel, keeping in mind in OoT Link never changes the universe flow, he only lives time in a non-linear fashion

The only thing I could accept is a timeline "split" like in Quantum Physics theories where everything that can happen happens, but even there, that's not too different from having two different canons
>>
File: 8785756785.jpg (547 KB, 1050x1336) Image search: [Google]
8785756785.jpg
547 KB, 1050x1336
>>342139230

>BoTW Link is either a synthetic clone or a highly sentient android/guardian created by the Sheikah as a last resort effort to slay Calamity Ganon

>the real Link died 100 years ago to Calamity Ganon's sheer power, so the Sheikah were requested to create an artificial copy; perhaps embedding the deceased hero's latent memories into the copy's mind

>But there was a glitch and most of these of these copied memories were erased either way, which is why he can't recognize Zelda's voice but can vaguely remember the Sheikah slate, or why the old man asks him if he recalls Zelda's voice and why he's testing him

>the only way this fake Link can defeat Ganon is by earning the spirit orbs through the shrine trials he completes, which are remnants of the spirit of the hero left over by the defeated Link from 100 years ago

>cue plot twist where he tries to take on Ganon early, only to realize that he isn't the hero or even human, and therefore has to continue on his search to become more human with the spirit shards + end game plot device

>when he earns enough of the orbs + end game plot device, he has enough "humanity"/"hero's spirit" to wield and repair the Master sword and defeat Ganon. He also gets the green tunic here

>but like the Sheikah monks who disappear once they've completed their purpose in giving him the spirit orbs, Link is destined to deactivate after completing his purpose

>Cue tragic and bitter end for Linkdeactivating as the final closing scene in the credits

>very final scene post-credits hows a decayed robot body hunched over the master sword, in a similar state to a number of deactivated guardians surrounding the area

Basically I just want this to be a bittersweet tale of an android learning what it means to be human, and going so far that he becomes something greater - one of the greatest Links ever.

Would fit well with the somber tone and juxtaposing themes of technology and nature within the game.

Doubt it'll happen though.
>>
>>342157039
>Do hyliandroids dream of electric cuckoos?
D:
>>
>>342156962
>OoT Link never changes the universe flow
>literally creates a paradox with the Song of Storms and a temporal loop
>is constantly going back and forth in between time
>The Temple of TIME is involved
>he's called the Hero of TIME
>One of them dies and one of them lives

Yeah there is totally nothing that he could do that could create a weird timeline, but wait the Historia says the OoT does indeed diverge into two timelines, but one diverges into two more.

Well I guess that's wrong then, guess it's just a completely weird retelling non-canon universe., despite if that was the case a different universe is the same thing as an alternate timeline.
>>
>>342157039
>cue plot twist where he tries to take on Ganon early, [...]
Nah, they confirmed you can totally take on and defeat Ganon in less than an hour.

Also, somehow for what they've said, I don't think this game will have a very "active" plot. You'll passively learn about what happened, but I don't believe we will have many cutscenes or many dialogs. Just explore the world, get strong and go face Ganon when you feel you're ready.
I kinda hope I'm wrong though.
>>
>>342153136
But maybe it is inside the ToT, maybe rocks have formed and grass has been growing inside?
>>
File: 1338594726844.png (3 MB, 3000x3100) Image search: [Google]
1338594726844.png
3 MB, 3000x3100
>>342148947
>mfw remembering when people were so desperate for more Zelda news that they actually believed that fake as fuck interview
>>
File: bgfbnfgb.jpg (1 MB, 1604x4763) Image search: [Google]
bgfbnfgb.jpg
1 MB, 1604x4763
>>342155603
Am I being rused by a master troll?

>It's been confirmed the Sealed Temple becomes the Temple of Time.

THAT'S THE VERY POINT THAT'S IN DEBATE HERE!

If the Master Sword is not in the Temple of Time, then it can't be the Sealed Temple because the Master Sword rests IN. THE. SEALED. TEMPLE.

You HH defenders and your circular logic make my head spin so hard I could warp into another universe.
>>
>>342141757
But it is clearly a new Hyrule Castle
>>
>>342153136
>>342157637
It's not in the Temple of Time in the Downfall Timeline either, it's off in the woods.
>>
>>342157551
>literally creates a paradox with the Song of Storms and a temporal loop
Literally a paradox that happens to NOT create splits
And all the other stuff still doesn't mean he changes anything
>guess it's just a completely weird retelling non-canon universe
It's a work of fiction: downfall is not canon for the other two timelines and the other two are not canon for downfall, just the same Witcher books and games follow different timelines from a certain point onwards
>>
>>342157039

My problem with this rather popular theory of Link being a Robot/clone etc collecting memories/parts of the Hero's Spirit to create an artificial Hero is that there's absolutely no reason the substitute would be successful where the original Link failed. Why would a false Link utilizing the original Link's essence, using the same advantages he no doubt used against Calamity Ganon like the Master Sword and maybe the Triforce, be able to do a better job? Or is he just gonna lose again? He's also apparently giving those spirit orbs to someone else, so he has even less going for him.

If the old man is supposedly Ganandorf without Ganon inside, and he's taking the spirit orbs from false Link, is he going to use them to somehow seal Ganon within himself once more, allowing false Link enough of an advantage to Seal Ganon again using the Master Sword and Triforce? That's the only way I see this theory working out, but even then, why would Human Ganandorf with the spirit of the Hero fare any better than the Hero?
>>
why is everyone thinking that this game will have mind fucking twists and a complex story?
>>
>>342157551
>There is a timeline in which Link has to learn the Song of Storms from someone else.
>The delay is why he ultimately fails.
>At least he managed to send the song back to his past self, to create a better line.
>>
>>342146058
I think they are inspired by Short Peace.
>>
>>342139230
I think the story is gonna be super edgy, at least for Nintendo. Main characters getting killed off, genocide, slavery, Link being ruthless and anti-social, that kind of stuff.
>>
File: agentofchaos.jpg (26 KB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
agentofchaos.jpg
26 KB, 550x400
>>342157637
>>342157894
HOT DAAAAAAAAAMN!!!!!!!

Getting through to you people is like drilling into the earth's core with a sledgehammer.

Listen to me!

I am saying that, the Temple of Time in the E3 demo, CANNOT be the OoT Temple of Time. or else it cannot be the Sealed Temple.

One or the other have to be bullshit, and my money is on Hyrule Historia.
>>
>>342157806
BotW's map straight up says Temple of Time, you see it on the bottom of the screen when you enter the area too.

It doesn't always rest in the Temple of Time, look at ALttP for instance, that's not the Temple of Time/Sealed Grounds. it's completely different, which is where it is in BotW from the trailer.
>>
>>342157806
>That murales in the end
THAT IS CLEARLY LINK
HOW CAN RITO AND ZORAS LIVE TOGETHER TOO
WTF
>>
>>342157965
Because the game demo was dropping such hints, and so was Aonuma in interviews.
>>
>>342158101

>Link being ruthless and anti-social

They've already expressed that Link's traits will always be set in stone, because that's what it means to be Link as the protagonist in a Zelda game. Anything other than that wouldn't be Link unless this isn't truly Link. This is one of the main reasons the developers are so adamant about him being male too. Link will always be the helpful, courageous hero.
>>
>>342156071
You should get your shit together and play everything, or leave.
>>
>>342158101
Since when are characters dying a lot, genocide, and slavery off limits for Nintendo? Have you never played Fire Emblem?
>>
>>342157965
because they're really clamping down on story spoilers and we got MGS fans hanging out in these threads
all I want is something on par with Link's Awakening and the bittersweet ending
>>
>>342157918
>And all the other stuff still doesn't mean he changes anything
Except the Historia confirms it. Meaning something he does creates it, not hard to understand.
>It's a work of fiction: downfall is not canon for the other two timelines and the other two are not canon for downfall, just the same Witcher books and games follow different timelines from a certain point onwards
No fucking shit, they're different timelines/universes.
>>342158182
Or you know, it's just an inconsistency with Aonuma, not that hard man. It's safe to assume they're the same place. Historia is canon, simple as that.

It's honestly not hard to assume it's just a simple inconsistency, it is Zelda.
>>
>>342158491
>Except the Historia confirms it. Meaning something he does creates it, not hard to understand.
No it doesn't, he just says tht's what happens if he is defeat
>>
>>342154328

Cute banner
>>
Well fuck it, maybe this is the outcome of all 3 timelines. A timeline that could not be prevented no matter what happened.
>>
File: kTWlp7G.jpg (33 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
kTWlp7G.jpg
33 KB, 1280x720
>>342148612
J-just because something's probably true doesn't mean it's okay to say it.
>>
File: 1466323914277.jpg (148 KB, 1000x377) Image search: [Google]
1466323914277.jpg
148 KB, 1000x377
>>342158456
>Since when are characters dying a lot, genocide, and slavery off limits for Nintendo?

A more recent example is Xenoblade X. You get racism, you get interracial marriage, you get doomsday cults, you get domestic terrorist attacks, you get that fucking 99 exploding red lobster quest scattered all over the fucking city.
>>
Calamity Ganon is the combined spirit of demise and malladus. The world is new hyrule after thousands of years and cycles of links. At some point, the ocean recedes, the master sword is recovered by a link, and Ganondorf is released.
>>
>>342150654
>>342150327

I always thought a better way to create that timeline was this

>Timeline 1
Adult timeline that no longer has a Link, forcing another reincarnation in the WW timeline.
>Timeline 2
Timeline created when Zelda has Link return to before the start of the game, to warn her about Ganondorf before he rises to power, as seen in OuTs ending, leads to MM and TP.
>Timeline 3
Original child timeline where Link no longer exists due to being sent back further than intended. Leads Ganondorf to rise to power with no Link to stop him, leads in to the Imprisoning War and ALttP
>>
>>342158567
>TWO timelines are created from Ocarina of Time
>One where he triumphs, One where is does not
>TWO
There is no ifs, ands, or buts, it straight up says that TWO (do you know what this means?) timelines are created from OoT, with one of those becoming Adult and Child, making for a total of THREE.

It is confirmed, just because it doesn't tell us exactly how there was a divergence due to the Temple of Time/Master Sword doesn't mean that a split didn't occur in some way.

Seriously this is comprehension a child can fucking understand.
>>
>>342142563
That is such a god awful sound track. The original overworld theme would have been so perfect.

Heres hoping its in there still.
>>
>>342158797
A better way would've been to stick with ALttP original backstory for Ganon making it a different Ganon altogether and sticking it and its sequel in the end of the child timeline
>>
File: 1464160026619.png (137 KB, 1043x939) Image search: [Google]
1464160026619.png
137 KB, 1043x939
>Ganon is the old man theories
>Wind Waker sequel theories

Lazy shit, go back to the writing room
>>
>>342158797
Huh. That is better.
>>
>>342158958
Except in still never says it happens in universe: two timelines are created by the creators of the game themselves
>>
>>342159152
Oh my fucking god, you might literally be the dumbest fucking person on 4chan, and that's a goddamn accomplishment.

It says it happens in universe, it goddamn fucking says it diverges in Ocarina of Time due to the Hero of Time failing, that's a....goddammit you're fucking retarded. I can't do this anymore, I've legit never seen anyone as fucking stupid with such a poor level of reading comprehension in my entire fucking life, and that is also an accomplishment.

Congratulations anon.
>>
File: woah.gif (1 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
woah.gif
1 MB, 200x200
>>342158491
IT'S NOT A MATTER OF YOUR SHITTY CANON ANYMORE!

IT'S A MATTER OF WHAT'S RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE.

Let me put this to you as simply as I can possibly word it.

The Master Sword rests in the Sealed Temple.

Hyrule Historia posits that this is OoT Temple of Time.

Breath of the Wild shows you a Temple of Time.

Either there are two Temple of Times, or the Temple of Time in Breath of the Wild is taking place long after the clip at the end of the trailer, in which case the Master Sword has been moved.

But we both know it's not going to be the latter, so the only conlclusiion is that the Hyrule Historia is full of shit.
>>
File: 1466390027451.png (585 KB, 1131x556) Image search: [Google]
1466390027451.png
585 KB, 1131x556
>>342157963
>Why would a false Link utilizing the original Link's essence, using the same advantages he no doubt used against Calamity Ganon like the Master Sword and maybe the Triforce, be able to do a better job?

I mentioned that he comes across another plot maguffin that gives him enough power to defeat Ganon or something.

And honestly who knows. You might as well ask the same why OoT Link was defeated by Ganon in one of the timelines, yet perfectly manages to defeat him in the other two.

Also the old man has practically been confirmed to be the King now. In one of the demos, you can hear the Hyrule Castle jingle theme when he approaches you.

>>342157609
>Nah, they confirmed you can totally take on and defeat Ganon in less than an hour.

...And Aonuma implied that you'd be missing out on a LOT by doing so. Like the mystery behind behind Link's backstory and why he wakes up in that resurrection chamber in the first place.

My guess is that rushing towards him without completing the story mode will trigger a bad ending scenario where you die and only manage to achieve in keeping him sealed for just a little while longer.
>>
>>342153136
Theory.
The goddess statues... you don't suppose after a certain amount of requirements, those statues will reveal a path to the sword?
>>
>>342157609
>Nah, they confirmed you can totally take on and defeat Ganon in less than an hour.
What if calamity Ganon isn't the main threat
>>
File: 1466360463534.png (611 KB, 1188x1012) Image search: [Google]
1466360463534.png
611 KB, 1188x1012
>>342157806
>mfw this pic is what Zelda threads will encompass for the next 9 months

Truly, BoTW is the new MGSV of our generation.
>>
File: 1465930157145.png (54 KB, 336x340) Image search: [Google]
1465930157145.png
54 KB, 336x340
>>342157039
>decayed robot body hunched over the master sword
>>
File: .11.png (175 KB, 370x320) Image search: [Google]
.11.png
175 KB, 370x320
>>342159410
>Hyrule Historia is full of shit.

I don't think it is full of shit, but I do think it can be retconed at any time, they just won't stop for a timeline in a book that will soon become outdated.

People are asuming that timeline will get respected for BOTW, but the truth is that if they want to tell a story they won't stop to think about it all making sense for the timeline.
>>
>>342153136

Likely some kind of time travel nonsense or its in a hidden part of the temple, like OoT and TP
>>
>>342159408
It says "after OoT" which doesn't mean in universe in any language
But it's okay, I accept you're too much of an autist to accept to get off from your headcanon
>>
>>342159410
>In which case the Master Sword has been moved

Or it was moved out of the Temple of Time somehow which is why it's not there in BotW. Why is it alright for the Master Sword to be in the Lost Woods in ALttP but not in BotW? I'm going to assume you're basing it on the logic that the Temple of Time/Castle Town become the Lost Woods of ALttP, which is a fine assumption.

Can it also be a different Temple of Time? Sure, I'm going to assume based on it's structure that it's likely not though. It's better to just assume Aonuma fucked up, how hard is that, Zelda does it all the fucking time.
>>
>>342159050
yeah everybody knows it's Zelda 3
>>
>>342158265
>>342158482
if that's the case then i will drop crazy (impossible) ideas too:

>the old man is actually a link from the future
>he has been travelling through time and timelines
>he was the one that made the carvings in the temple of time in TP depicting all of the timelines
>he is the old man you see in the first game
>>
What if "the Wild" is a new enemy?
>>
>>342158230
They're not, it's showing the three timelines, those are different Links

Left to right is: Failed, Adult, Child.
>>
>>342159410
It may be shitty canon, but it's still canon.

The Master Sword has just been moved, simple as that.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiAAJQ6ZMdY

neat
>>
Something I wanted to bring up. The original plane for Zelda 1 was that the world is actually a dystopia future and the triforce was a chip that could save mankind. Being that botw is going going TECHNOLOGY on us I wonder if this is a callback to those original plans. Also futuristic elements and tech have always been ideas considered for Zelda games.

Lastly if I remember correctly aonuma said he would like to implement the master cycle from Mario kart 8 into a Zelda game. What if? Might as well do it now
>>
>>342159443

I dunno, they've generally always kept their plot maguffins as the triforce/pieces of triforce, or the master sword/items required to reforge the master sword. I think Introducing another maguffin strong enough to defeat the strongest, literally world ending incarnation of Ganon at this point would be comical. What could exist before/simultaneously the triforce and master sword that wasn't explored already and is stronger than both? Stronger than the almighty powers created by the goddesses themselves? The triforce and master sword pretty much channel the power of the goddesses directly already, so the only option would be for them to intervene directly via some kind of summoning or something, and again, why wouldn't they do something like that as soon as possible if it was an option?

I think the whole Link failing idea is basically considered by many to be the universes Link leaves behind via time travelling. Link is gone in that timeline, so he's failed to stop Ganondorf from doing as he pleases.
>>
>>342160051
Wow that's awesome... This game is going to be great, I just know it
>>
>>342159994
Why should Gorons be on failed timeline? they never show up if not in Oracle games
>>
>>342160118
Silver and Light Arrows, probably triggers a cutscene where Zelda has one of the two and assists you in Battle to take down Ganon in some way.
>>
Why can't Old Man be Rauru?
>>
>>342160193
Rosso in ALBW is Darunia's descendant. He has the Red Coloring on his Portrait as a sage and the Goron Emblem on his belt, that and he looks like a weird Hylian/Goron hybrid.
>>
Could the Temple of Time just have been recreated. Should I play throughard ASAP WWHD and TPHD in preparation? I haven't finished any. Which order
>>
>>342160439
Still, that doesn't seem to be as easily connected to the other timelines as the other two are
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 96

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.