[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>VtMB project lead Leonard Boyarsky now working at Obsidi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 10
File: 1455395145991.jpg (121 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1455395145991.jpg
121 KB, 1920x1080
>VtMB project lead Leonard Boyarsky now working at Obsidian (http://www.pcgamer.com/fallout-art-director-leonard-boyarsky-joins-obsidian/)
>VtMB lead programmer Tim Cain works at Obsidian
>VtMB lead writer Brian Mitsoda expressed interest in working on another Vampire game after Paradox acquired the World of Darkness IP
>Obsidian and Paradox on Twitter going back and forth on using each other's help to make another Vampire game

It's happening, isn't it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ndz4DwTpQ8
>>
Releasing a sequel to such a game In nowadays climate would end up in a tragedy.
Paradox and Obsidian are both cUcks who removed content from their games because it hurt someone's feelings.
My optimism is gone.
>>
>>342139291
>Paradox and Obsidian are both cUcks who removed content from their games because it hurt someone's feelings.

that's true
>>
>>342138569
>we will never get a VTMB sequel made by CDPR
end me
>>
obsidian is already working on a secret unreal engine 4 project, just saying
>>
>>342140097
thank god
>>
File: 1439703606489.jpg (30 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
1439703606489.jpg
30 KB, 848x480
>>342140097
It is funny to me so many people want CDPR to make _______ game when they can't make gameplay good for anything they make.
>>
>>342140358
Literally the only company that can bring the ambition required for a VTMB sequel to life. Dialogue, characters, facial expressions, atmosphere, they are the best of the bunch. They are even making a game based on PnP. They are the only ones that can do it. But they won't.
>>
>>342140458
to be fair, gameplay wasn't exactly the strong selling point of VtmB. Atmosphere, dialogue, facial animation and world building were, and that, CDPR can do very well.
>>
>>342140458
this so much
>>
>>342140570
fuck off the only company that could make a god tier vtmb 2 is troika

>They are even making a game based on PnP
yeah literally 0 gameplay footage since fucking 2011
kys
>>
>>342139457
I know Paradox did, but when did Obsidian do this? Does it have something to do with all the cut content in New Vegas regarding the Legion?
>>
>>342140969
Not NV, just Pillars of Eternity.
>>
>>342140969
no they removed a joke in POE a backer put in that said some guy found out he fucked a trap and killed himself
>>
>>342140458
>>342140920
Lol, let's pretend VTMB has better combat than W3, or that any Obsidian game does. This is not about the dream game you have in your mind as the VTMB sequel made by a Troika revived from the ashes through money given by God, this is about which company can make such a sequel as good as possible from actual existing companies. We don't judge things in a vacuum, we compare companies to their competition.
>>
>>342141220
Dungeon Siege 3 had some good combat tbqh familia
>>
>>342141220
eidos montreal and obsidian are both better at making RPGs
>>
Are you fags gonna bitch if it ends up being an Isometric RPG using the same engine as Pillars of Eternity and Tyranny?
>>
>>342141371
>eidos montreal
Not even close to what a VTMB sequel needs IMO. Gameplay in the newer Deus Ex is decent but the rest is... not up to par.

>Obsidian
This is the next best thing for me after CDPR, considering they have made decent RPGs in the recent years and can handle lore and story pretty damn well. But, as you can tell from this thread, there are people who don't favor Obsidian for making a VTMB sequel. I'll take a sequel from Obsidian if this is all we are going to get though. It's just that CDPR showed with W3 that they can bring hugely ambitious projects to fruition with quality side quests (VTMB had that) great characters and dialogue (VTMB selling point), as well lore and atmosphere (another thing that made VTMB great). But, as I also said, we'll never get that. I just hope Obsidian treats their game as their biggest project yet, not just another RPG to keep their studio alive. One can hope.

These are my thoughts on the situation. Oh well.
>>
>>342138569
How can VtMB be so loved yet have such a shit incomplete wiki?
>>
File: disgusting.jpg (29 KB, 300x260) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.jpg
29 KB, 300x260
>We now live in a world where people believe CDPR are better than Obsidian at making RPG's especially after Elder Scrolls: Witcher.
>>
>>342142548
of course...vtmb was a first person rpg
>>
>>342142997
Just use the white wolf wiki for anything related to VtM or oWoD in general. I doubt anyone uses the vtmb wiki for anything.
>>
>>342143216
I hope it's isometric, 2bh familia. Looks better with the pre-rendered backgrounds and inherently offers more freedom to design and write.
>>
>>342143195
neo /v/ man, it's depressing but what can you do
>>
File: DSC_0243.jpg (918 KB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0243.jpg
918 KB, 1836x3264
>>342138569
You know, every time I walk by this place I think about VTMB.

Do you guys think whoever owns this place uses actual limbs?
>>
>>342143985
Why don't you call them and ask to be a model to find out?
>>
>>342143195
>>342143501
>Elder Scrolls: Witcher.
kek. Easier to spout memes about a game than actual criticism. Fair enough.

You're deluded if you think we're getting something as good as KOTOR II in the future by Obsidian btw. If you think Pillars of Eternity is a better qualification for making a VTMB sequel than Witcher 3 + DLC, then what can I say.
>>
>>342144330
fallout new vegas wipes the floor with witcher 2 and 3
>>
>>342144330
Pillars of Eternity is unironically more enjoyable than The Witcher 3, and I speak as someone who finished The Witcher 1 once and The Witcher 2 thrice. Couldn't finish The Witcher 3 one time, let alone get to the DLC's.

Elder Scrolls: Witcher isn't a meme, it's a very apt summation of what's wrong with that game. They better not be going for the Bethesda Open World meme with Cyberpunk 2077
>>
>>342140458
Yeah, lets completely forget the ACTUALLY garbage gameplay in VTMB but it never gets shitted on in /v/ because reasons.
>>
>>342144615
May beat 2 if you really loathe its combat (I do), but not 3 in my book.

It's a great RPG, but it has lots of flaws, including the shitty engine that Obsidian were forced to use thanks to Bethesda. Voice acting, character models, side quests aren't as good as W1 and 2, let alone 3. Gameplay is decent, but then again they had to implement guns, not melee combat. And the melee is atrocious. It was also a technical mess and unpolished as fuck. Even then though, the lore was handled very well, and so was the story and the choices you could make, as well as the dialogue choices available, all of which Obsidian is great at, no denying that.

>>342144756
>Pillars of Eternity is unironically more enjoyable than The Witcher 3
No comment really, this is personal preference.

That said, I enjoyed both W1 and 2 immensely thanks to their story, and it's the same with W3. At what point did you stop in W3? I never completed a single question mark in the map and barely utilised the open world component that you focus on so much, and still got much more out of it than the other 2 in the series. We can agree that open world is pandering and unnecessary, but it's not even close to being a priority for the game. It's just there. You're making a much bigger deal out of it than it really is. You can play the game like a hub area by moving from town to town and traveling on the open world only for mandatory quests, and it's still better than the others. It's not the focus like in Elder Scrolls, you've grossly misunderstood. You should probably give it a try once again. Everything is better compared to W2, except for maybe the politics part of the story that is lacking in W3 compared to W2. Don't give up on the game.
>>
>>342138569
But it will be politically correct garbage.
They won't make another sexy big tits kissing game with slutty vampires because sjw's will get mad.
>>
>>342139291
Deus Ex HR was a success and that was a sequel in the same vein as Vampire
>>
>>342138569
Let's face it, a top down, isometric, party based cRPG is the best you can hope for.
>>
>>342145919
This.

What a shame.
>>
>>342145906
Sorry, but I'm a person that likes doing sidequests, when I have to go around wading through a sea of shit to get to a side-quest that isn't a rehash, you have fucked up.

I tried main-lining the story and just ignoring everything, but I just wasn't having fun. Got as far as Skellige before finally giving up on the game (and the series). It's a shitty game.and CDPR disappointed me immensely.
>>
File: meanwhile in poland.jpg (264 KB, 825x540) Image search: [Google]
meanwhile in poland.jpg
264 KB, 825x540
>>342145906
please tell me you're a polak because this shilling is pathetic
>>
>>342144756
b-b-b-b-but muh naked women!!!
>>
>>342145919
>>342146351
well times change
a 100 years ago we didn't let women vote
now they are entitled to 50% of everything you own and custody over your children
>>
>>342146351
sjw destroy everything

we could already be on the mars if it wasn't for planet rights activists
>>
>>342146287
when paradox bought the WW they did presentation where they talked about future of the world of darkness.
someone asked if there's going to be sequel to bloodlines and the guy talking said yes before the other guy shut him up.
>>
>>342147398
literally who would buy the white wolf ip and not make a vtmb 2
besides ccp
>>
>>342146709
>talking about games and criticising them is shilling
Right, now we can't even have a video game discussion on /v/. Fuck off back to whatever fanboy memeshitting thread you came out of and leave discussion to people who can do it without using ad hominems when backed into a corner.

>>342146468
Hell, I'll buy that you were too bored to travel to the location of the side quests to do them even though you like them. What I find hard to believe is that you didn't get anything out of the main storyline when you said you enjoyed those of W1 and W2 as well. So the baron's quest for example did nothing for you, you didn't have any fun at all?

Maybe it is just personal preference. Sometimes the differences in the tastes of 2 individuals might seem difficult to grasp during an argument. Oh well.

/argument
>>
File: 1450718640570.jpg (7 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1450718640570.jpg
7 KB, 250x241
>paradox
>swedish

I have bad news for you /v/
>>
>>342147398
>>342147504
Just pause for a moment and think about what kind of project and who is supposed to develop it. A fucking AAA, 1st/3rd person RPG with massive amounts of voiced dialogue, branching paths, about 8 clans and maybe even a character creator. What do you think is a project like that going to cost? 50-100 million easily, 3-5 years development time and at least 200 developers. A project like that could almost bankrupt Paradox not to mention kill Obsidian if it's anything but a massive success. The closest to a project of this type Obsidian developed was Alpha Protocol and we all know what a deeply flawed gem that was. Besides, Obsidian has like 3 or 4 ongoing projects right now so at best they'd be able to help out with some of the pre-production. No, Obsidians strengths lie with cRPGs, not Bioware/CDP RPGs.
>>
>>342147768
I had no fun because there was too much bullshit in between the segments that could have been good. Witcher 1 and 2 were adventures, Witcher 3 was a tedious Elder Scrolls clone.
>>
>>342138569
DO NO TALK ABOUT IT
if we don't show any intererst it won't get made and modern devs won't defile another classic
>>
>>342148273
>No, Obsidians strengths lie with cRPGs, not Bioware/CDP RPGs.
this, so much

Fallout NV doesn't come close to the development requirements of a (worthy) VTMB sequel.
>>
>>342142628
Personally, I'm concerned about how well Obsidian would be able to pull off things like character models, animations and atmosphere.

I can trust them to write at least decently and have some ok-good gameplay. But VTMB was well known for the atmosphere and facial animation that to me, it's imperative to have in any sequel.
>>
>>342148757
NV was a paid mod. A 15 million dollar mod, but still a mod.
>>
>>342148808
Yeah, it's one of my worries as well. Their writing is very good for modern day standards and they will utilise oWoD's plentiful lore well, but character expressions and fitting atmosphere are some of the things only VTMB has perfected. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.
>>
>>342148808
>>342148808

>Incoming tranny female characters, hamfisted feminism tropes & character design.

I have no hopes of this being even remotely faithful to the seeds VtMB left behind and it's legacy.

Not a single goddamn one.
It'll be some hacked apart mess made relevant to today's "Audiences" I,e non-relevant to anyone who enjoyed VTmB when it came out, or before the fucking SJW/Feminist, misandrist zerg blitz.
>>
>>342141139
and then they added another saying that people who got offended were retards
which one is worse?
>>
>>342138569
Brian Mitsoda also expressed his wish of letting his full neo-feminazi sister join in on the writing team.

We all know how this is going to end up.
>>
File: Joan of Arc.gif (154 KB, 391x500) Image search: [Google]
Joan of Arc.gif
154 KB, 391x500
>>342138569

Brian Mitsoda's forgotten how to write. Play Dead State and find out
>>
>>342138569
Do NOT let Josh Sawyer lead a project like Vampire.

The guy does not understand subtlety and bends his ass over for SJWs. It needs a project lead who gives no fucks and just wants to deliver an incredible game.
>>
>>342152316
This is funny, because Josh Sawyer was the lead project director and gameplay designer for New Vegas.

And, you know, he openly defended the inclusion of rape in that game.
>>
File: 1428662639684.jpg (24 KB, 402x411) Image search: [Google]
1428662639684.jpg
24 KB, 402x411
>>342145919
>>342146351
>>342147006
>>342147167
>>342151019
>>342152316
>>
>>342152426
I understand but someone between New Vegas and PoE he just went full blown autist.

I reckon during New Vegas someone, an executive, MUST have told him "dude, that fucking idea sucks. change it."

By PoE I don't even know what the fuck happened. Lore was bland. Story was crap. Inclusion of unnecessary Galician alphabet. Neutered gameplay.

Only things that were interesting were when they were penned by Avellone and he's gone from the company.
>>
>>342152501
go back to tumblr you fucking parasite
>>
>>342152854
No you! You retarded faggot.
>>
>>342152501
post tits
>>
>>342152725
>I reckon during New Vegas someone, an executive, MUST have told him "dude, that fucking idea sucks. change it."
No. Sawyer was THE project director. He was the one saying "that's a shit idea, change it".

PoE serves to set the setting and characters, it's its main focus. 80% of the dialogue is world-exposition. Sawyer has extreme autism about details in world-building, that's why he created a new language for the game.

>Only things that were interesting were when they were penned by Avellone
Please, fuck off. I bet you think Avellone wrote all the Durance and GM dialogue. Guess what you massive retard, he didn't He only wrote Durance's world-interactions, like when he sees a certain object/passes by X, and dialogue with other party members. GM was as shit as Aloth or Éder.
I'm so tired of this endless Avellone dick-sucking just because he wrote 2 good games 20~10 years ago.
>>
File: Tits.jpg (147 KB, 600x384) Image search: [Google]
Tits.jpg
147 KB, 600x384
>>342153058
>>
>>342152501
this, what the fuck is going on with all the SJW talk in VTMB threads? I'd expect that in very popular game discussions that attracts /pol/ but even here? jesus
>>
>>342138569
>VtMB lead programmer Tim Cain works at Obsidian
Cain also worked on Fallout and Arcanium. This doesn't mean a new Vampire game.
>>
>>342153779
>/pol/ boogeyman
They literally bent their asses down to them. You don't need to be /pol/ to understand that.
>>
Why isn't this game compatible with gamepad? Fuck every thing.
>>
>>342140458
Half of all the most beloved WRPGs seem to have gameplay that's an absolute joke.
It doesn't seem to be the primary metric by which a lot of fans of the genre judge a game's quality. I'm not saying that to bitch, it just seems like they care more about things like freedom, build variety, writing and lore, reactivity, and so on, which is fine, it makes sense.

I guess all that counts as gameplay too but it seems that the game being fun to play on a more "gamey" level, like having balanced and well-implemented not-janky as fuck combat/stealth/etc. isn't as important as in other genres.
I guess that's more applicable to older games though and even then there were a fair number of exceptions that had more emphasis on more functional balanced combat etc.
>>
doesn't one of the guys (mitsoda?) have a girlfriend now, that works with him or whatever? someone that just latches on? hopefully she stays away.
>>
>>342144756

Posts like this genuinely boggle me. How the fuck someone who likes well built game worlds some how doesn't like TW3 is beyond me.

VtMB was an amazing game, but not because of the combat. In fact, the combat was arguably the shittiest aspect of the game - just like TW3. The story, the world, the characters, the sound track; this is what made VtMB a great game, just like TW3.
>>
>>342143498

Fuck off. Isometric games are fucking boring as hell and only Divinity OS did it right.
>>
File: 1466377799923.png (304 KB, 799x903) Image search: [Google]
1466377799923.png
304 KB, 799x903
>>342154472
>mfw when i see a mature and reasonable post on 4chan

you're a big guy
>>
>>342154472
Anyone that has played a pen & paper RPG knows why this is.
Only 90s retards judge cRPGs by their combat.
>>
>april 2016

Oh yeah. Definitely happening.
>>
>>342143985
That was gimble you out of touch pander
>>
Is this the bakemonogatari of vidya?
>>
>>342157640
wat
>>
>>342138569
>inb4 isometric party rpg because that's all they can make now
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.