[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so, is this any good, i read mixed opinions, saying its fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 3
File: Odin-Sphere-Leifdrasir.jpg (673 KB, 1920x2713) Image search: [Google]
Odin-Sphere-Leifdrasir.jpg
673 KB, 1920x2713
so, is this any good, i read mixed opinions, saying its fucking awesome and others saying its repetitive, boring and easy...so? i dont have nothing to play atm, but i dont want to waste money if its bad...
>>
File: 1464914778267.jpg (415 KB, 1280x1859) Image search: [Google]
1464914778267.jpg
415 KB, 1280x1859
>>342126406
It's really good specially with the new combat but to be honest it does get really repetitive , I would just watch some videos online and see if it appeals to you.I took a couple of days break in between characters so it wouldn't feel so redundant.
>>
>>342126406
Go download the demo and form your own opinion faggot
>>
>>342126406
It's a pretty looking game that isn't actually very fun to play.
>>
>>342127663
thats what getting from some people, i dont need to play to know its beautiful, but if it isnt fun to play...
>>
>>342126406

If you aren't on hard mode and if do don't bother experimaenting with attack strings for optimization, then will get real dull. Also, don't hoard items, just use them.
>>
>>342128000
It's mash square, the game. that or spam OP abilities until everything dies. People will say "well hurr it's a beat em up", but that's really a poor excuse. Plus I don't know how close it is to Muramasa, but that had enemies that scaled to levels, and everything you fought within the first hour of playing you would fight for the rest of the game, excluding bosses of course.
>>
>>342128113
i usually play all games on hard, but i dont like to play doing stuff i don want to do to have fun, dont know if im explaining myself
>>
>>342126406
Game is absolutely fantastic.

>repetitive
It is a beat 'em up. So you can expect most of your game time you'll spend fighting enemies. But actual fights are really interesting, bosses require different tactics, you have a lot of skills and alchemy to play around with. I wouldn't call it repetetive, combat is MUCH improved compared to original and feels very satisfying. Doing those long air combos is great.
>boring
I don't know how it can be boring. Game looks amazing, Vanillaware is know for their unique visuals. Music is also top tier. Story is also quite nice.
>easy
It is easier to original, yes. But some bosses are really tough and getting those S ranks can be challenging in some fights. Planning your tactics and learning patterns of the bosses is really required here sometimes.

tl;dr go for it you won't be disappointed
>>
The only Vanillaware game I enjoyed was Dragons Crown and this doesnt look as good so I will pass on this.
>>
>>342128928
This is what I'm seeing a lot of. People trying to put over the fact that it's a remake and looks nice over how dull the game actually is.

It's a disappointment, at best. A remake of Muramasa would have been better if they wanted to do the remake route.
>>
>>342129609
Except Muramasa doesn't need a remake.
>>
>>342129609
>how dull the game actually is
I have no idea what are you talking about. There's a lot of interesting fights. They removed a lot of annoying things from original and now game is a blast to play.
>>
>>342129801
Muramasa Rebirth needs HD release. It's a shame such beautiful game is on Vita.
>>
>>342130024
>Complain that Odin Sphere is a dull game
>Say Muramasa needs a remake because of its visuals

Go neck yourself.
>>
>>342126406

>Repetitive, boring and easy

If you're playing on easy.

Play on Hard, and the game requires you to think and vary your tactics.
>>
>>342126406
The repetitiveness is because you ultimately fight against similar bosses and enemies for each of the characters. The characters play differently so the experience is somewhat varied. I'd recommend playing on hard to actually have some kind of a challenge. I wouldn't call it bad by any means
>>
>>342126406
Gwen, Cornelius and Velvet are a blast to play

Mercedes and Oswald will make you question why you're still playing

>>342127663
That's the PS2 game
>>
>>342130586
What? Oswald is bad? I remember he was quite fun in original but fucking POW limiter was literally no fun allowed mechanic so you could never use his devil trigger enough.

I also enjoyed Mercedes in original just because how OP she is. It was really fun to just fly and shoot enemies.

I'm still on Gwendolin chapter but seeng how improved her gameplay is I can't imagine anything in this game to be bad.
>>
>>342126406
Isn't there a demo to try it out. Personally I got it, never played the original and played DC and MM beforehand. OS plays really well and I enjoy the varied characters
>>
It's fun but it is repetitive. You're basically going through a lot of the same shit 5 times.
>>
>>342126406
Play on hard mode or it'll be too easy. And even on hard mode I was always stacked with healing potions and spells of all kinds. The combat system gets more complex as you learn more moves and get used to chainining and airjuggling. Art is fucking ace, some of the best for these types of games. story is average. characters are sufficiently different in playstyle. soundtrack is decent. presentation is fucking amazing.
>>
does the demo reflects the final game? because i just played and its kinda boring, enemies stand there without hitting me, i didnt get hurt once, did the same attack to kill the boss all the time and he didnt touch me...dont know
>>
>>342132452
The demo is a lot easier than the final game, but it's the same basic gameplay.
>>
>>342130586

Oswald wrecks shit with his Devil Trigger. Mini-bosses like the Dwarf Battleship and Ice Giants can give some trouble since you can't really make use of how fast he is or abuse the fact that his Devil Trigger only turns off when you touch the ground. With enemies you can juggle you can keep him in Devil Trigger for insanely long even after the timer is up. You don't even have to build it up since you eventually get a skill that lets you enter a shorter Devil Trigger.
>>
Please tell me Oswald is more fun that Mercedes. She was so awkward to play.
>>
>>342133547
Oswald is a complete 180ยบ from Mercedes, her style is to play safe and shoot from afar, Oswald demmands you attacks with him close-up and forever, not giving a breath window to the enemy, because if you do then Oswald can get dipped since his Defense is quite bad.
>>
Any tips for Gwendolyn's double knight fight?
>>
It's fun for the first few hours.

Then you start to realize that's all you'll be doing, even fighting the same bosses, with other characters and you kinda realize it'll be really repetitive.
>>
>>342134192
Double Knight? You mean the Horse Paladins Trial?

Anyway, Freeze them, focus on eliminating one of them first, stun them at any given opportunity, you can even prevent them from calling faeries if you do it right.
>>
>>342134192
Whirlwind, Killer Cloud, Blaze, Blizzard Psypher Skill
>>
>>342126406
It's a shame the game isn't available on the Wii U. The gamepad would have helped a lot.
>>
I already liked the original, got the new game pre ordered for Vita after trying the demo.
>>
File: 1381627591423.png (216 KB, 344x315) Image search: [Google]
1381627591423.png
216 KB, 344x315
Posting to say that the dual Frost Giant fight is bullshit.
>>
>>342128113
>Also, don't hoard items, just use them.
It's a waste to use them in anywhere but Boss Fights and Trials.
>>
How long is the game to fully complete it? 40 hours? Not gonna 100% it.
>>
Just finished Oswalds story. How hard will Mercedes be?
>>
>>342135625
Only with Oswald.
>>
>>342135625
Almost all dual fights are bullshit.
>>
>>342135736
About that long, yeah.
>>
>>342135736
Yeah, it's around that much if you don't go for 100% which nets the Complete Best Ending.

58 hours is my clock and I got all S Ranks on Hard Mode, did every Trial, have all Recipes and Maxed all Skills
>>
>>342135918
Very hard if you with her playing with the same mentality.

She must keep her distance and focus all skills in reload speed, power recovery and base psypher strenght.
>>
>>342129609
Muramasa is literally the same gameplay EXCEPT it has skills tied to weapons, most of them are bad and it has no alchemy system.

New Odin Sphere is literally better in every way, I prefer the story as well.
>>
>>342135918
Mercedes is EZ mode. Max Power recovery and just guard to quickly get back POW instead of doing the reload animation. Spam normal attacks with Round Shot (the first skill) for damage and Phozon Burst (Second Skill) to knock away enemies for CC
>>
>>342135625
>yfw they both bounce around at the same time
>>
>>342128928
>It is easier to original, yes.

Why do people keep saying this shit when it's not true?
>>
>It's too easy

Did these people play on hard and still think that? I played on normal and most of it was easy but some bosses would just demolish my hp in mere moments if I wasn't careful. Particularly the zeppelin and the dude who rides a fire bird.

If someone really thinks even hard is too easy then there's always the fourth difficulty after you clear the game which doesn't let you increase your max hp at all and is absolutely insane.
>>
>>342136459
>>342136756
Oh fuck me, I meant Velvet. I finished Mercedes' campaign just last week.
>>
>>342136248

What about completing that one mode where you die in 1 hit?
>>
>>342128928
>It is easier to original, yes
True but the best parts begin as always in the new game+ when you unlock heroic and everything kills you with 1-2 hits.Gives you a reason to block at least and be very alert when it comes to dodging. And if it gets too much for you you can always pop an ice spirit pot.
>>
>>342137031
>the dude who rides a fire bird.

That's a girl.
>>
>>342132452
You type like a faggot.
>>
>>342136964
>when it's not true?
Except it is, by the fact alone the Power Meter only depletes by certain attacks, not every single action the character did originally.
>>
>>342137364
The trial fights and revamped bosses are harder than anything in the original. POW management was a minor facet of combat in the original.
>>
>>342137213
Are you sure? Not that I'm saying it isn't but I was never really sure.
>>
>>342130024
Yep, it would be nice to play it on ps4.
>>
>>342137574
Onyx is the only man in the fire kingdom. Everyone else is female.
>>
Do you still block by holding attack?
>>
>>342137574
Have you ever seen a male Phoenix? The Phoenix Rider sounds like a girl in both audio tracks, that and not a single other male in the Fire Kingdom besides Onyx is ever seen.
>>
>>342137979
Yeah and it works very well. Designating a block button is pretty redundant unless you want to attack while blocking.
>>
>>342126406

Hard mode is true experience. It'll still be a bit easy early for each character story but as you progress it will get tougher (except for Cornelius because he's broken as fuck).

It really only gets repetitive because you'll fight the same bosses with different characters, an maybe only a different boss here and there but since each character plays differently, has a different path and story it makes it tolerable/still enjoyable.
>>
>>342138380
There is a point where you can get other characters to fight some campaign-specifec bosses, right? I remember seeing a stream where the guy fought Oswald with Oswald.
>>
>>342138554
There's a boss rush mode after you beat the game where you can take a character to fight every boss in the game, including route specific ones
>>
>>342138554
You unlock it after you beat the game. It's kinda a boss rush mode but i haven't tried it so i can't tell much
>>
>>342138245
No it doesn't. It's completely backwards to assign two opposite functions to the same button.
>>
>>342138810
>>342138852
Oh, neat. Looking forward to it. For now, I'll have to deal with Velvet's story.
>>
>>342139162
No it makes sense. If you wamt to block you just stop mashing like a retard. Since these actions are mutually exclusive you can assign them to one button and it'll see what has to be done depending on the contest. If anything you might accidently block something instead of getting hit.
>>
>>342126406
It's good but if you play for more than a few hours at a time it's easy to get burned out. Luckily all the characters play differently so about every ten hours you get to switch things up.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.