[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /v/, I just beat Symphony of the Night (both castles) and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
Sup /v/, I just beat Symphony of the Night (both castles) and it was great. It was also my first Castlevania. What others in the series are worth playing, and are there any other Metroidvanias with the same level of quality as SOTN?
>>
>>342125951
Most Castlevanias are nothing like SotN. The only other two that are (and are awesome) :

Circle of the Moon
Aria of Sorrow

Other Castlevanias that are good (but are like playing as Richter) :

Super Castlevania
Dracula X/Rondo of Blood

Kind of a weird mishmash of both styles but still baller

Order of Ecclesia

These are all "the best" Castlevanias imo.
>>
>>342125951
circle of the moon
order of ecclesia
>>
That is the best game in the series, maybe you can play the snes ones, those are really good.
Circle of the Moon and Order of Ecclesia are good too
>>
>>342125951
Aria of Sorrow is great, I like it even more than SotN.
>>
Despite the art style used in the cutscenes, Dawn of Sorrow is both my favorite Castlevania and I think the one which most closely resembles SotN in its execution. It has a fabulous musical score, a winding and labyrinthine castle layout, and the weapon/abilities system is phenomenal.

Order of Ecclesia is great too but the levels are much more linear. The very last level is a sort of stripped-down castle with a few things going for it.

I haven't played AoS but I can very confidently vouch for Dawn.
>>
>>342125951
All the GBA and DS Metroidvanias were great, play them all. Aria of Sorrow is probably the closest to SotN in terms of quality and gameplay, but all the others are still good. HoD and PoR get some flack, but they're still good games in their own right.

Hopefully Bloodstained will be good too.
>>
Aria of Sorrow and Order of Ecclesia.
>>
is there some kind of difficulity patch for the gba/ds games, or a randomizer?
i really want to play them again but christ i've completed them like 3 times each already
>>
>>342125951
what platform did you play it on? I wanted the PS1 version but it's 80 fucking pounds

are mouse and keyboard controls ok for it if I emulate?
>>
>>342128084
Do you have a PS3, PSP or Vita? You can get it on PSN and it runs just fine.
>>
>>342128084
I pirated the PSP version, I'll probably play the GBA ones on an emulator via my PSP next and then the DS games on my laptop.
>>
File: Metroidvanias.jpg (3 MB, 2000x7800) Image search: [Google]
Metroidvanias.jpg
3 MB, 2000x7800
>>
>>342128396
>No OoE
>>
>>342125951
Depends on what you want. Aria of Sorrow is the best of the SotN-style games, but all the GBA and DS games are worth playing once.

Most of the Classicvanias are excellent. I'd start with the original NES game, but Rondo of Blood and Super Castlevania IV are arguably more accessible. If you like any of these try out the rest of the Classicvanias. III/Akumajou Densetsu and X68000 are my favorites, along with the original.
>>
>>342126417
>Order of Ecclesia
I wish the game didn't have such dull level design. Pretty solid otherwise.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.