[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't get it, how does Nintendo make practically the same
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (612 KB, 1000x1282) Image search: [Google]
image.png
612 KB, 1000x1282
I don't get it, how does Nintendo make practically the same game, and yet, every addition is just as fun?
Is that just the magic of Nintendo?
>>
It's the pathology of your autism, manchild.
>>
>>342125174
They only do this with New Super Mario Bros.
>>
>>342125174
>Same game

I've only just gotten around to playing the Mario series, but SM64 plays wildly different from 3D World. And SMB3 plays wildly different to NSMBU
>>
>>342125174
>Liking New Super Mario Bros
shit taste fampai
>>
>>342125174
How do you Nintendo fans not get bored with Mario games? Like I can understand how there's lasting appeal with Zelda and Pokemon, but Mario? There is absolutely nothing exceptional or interesting about Mario games and are at best decent time wasters.
>>
>>342125174
It's called nostalgia. You play the same/old shit and relive better times.
>>
>>342125174
Galaxy isn't Sunshine
>>
File: Shrug.jpg (86 KB, 384x313) Image search: [Google]
Shrug.jpg
86 KB, 384x313
>>342125174
>practically the same game
Because they don't.

>b-but rehashes
They use established characters, but the gameplay tends to be wildly different between games.
>>
A list of games this strategy works for

>Assasins Creed
>CoD
>Farcry
>Fallout
>Elder Scrolls
>Sports
>Uncharted
>Dark Souls
if you enjoy a game why wouldnt you want to play the better version that comes out every few years?
>>
File: VCwallkicks.webm (2 MB, 540x360) Image search: [Google]
VCwallkicks.webm
2 MB, 540x360
>>342125459
>How do you Nintendo fans not get bored with Mario games?
cuz there's so much shit you can do in them
>>
NSMBU was the last Mario game I enjoyed.
NSLU just felt like a slog. 3D World controlled worse than Sm64
Mario Maker isn't a game.
>>
>>342125713
>All those A-presses

Absolute waste.
>>
>>342125174
>he thinks an A press is the same in every game
>>
>>342125713
Not like you need to do any of that stuff in-game. You could be playing so many other great games out there and yet you chose to play the same exact 3D platformer you played since you were a kid.
>>
>>342125910
You dont need to 100% Songs on expert in guitar hero either, it was never about "need"
>>
>>342125634
>AssCreed
Not anymore. Ubisoft got blasted so hard with Unity that they had to take an extra year to work on the Egyptian AssCreed game.
>>
>>342125910
>Not like you need to do any of that stuff in-game.
what does that have to do with anything? you can't have fun playing a game without it leading you along like a pussy?
>>
>>342126084
100% completion of a game is more fun than doing speedruns.
>>
>>342125910
Except games now are generally worse and getting good at an older game is more impressive.
>>
>>342126183
gratz, I enjoy both.
>>
>>342125910
I said there's so much shit you -can- do. I didn't say anything about things you -need- to do.
>>
>>342126349
>speedruns
>fun
Video Games are suppose to be a tool to relieve stress, entertainment if you will. Why would you go through so much stress and tedium just to impress a niche online community?
>>
>>342125910
neo-/v/ has evolved into nu-/v/
>>
>>342126709
>Why would you go through so much stress and tedium just to impress a niche online community?
fuck off with the bait dude, nobody cares.
>>
>>342126709
I dont do speed runs to impress anyone, I dont post videos, watch streams or any of that.

When I speed run a game its just because I decided suddenly, "Hey I bet I can do this more time efficiently" so then I try

Some games I speed run, some games I 100%, some I do both. its all depending on what I feel like doing atm
>>
64/Sunshine/Galaxy successor when?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.