[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
now that the dust has settled.. Can we agree that it's not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 14
File: 1440983624413.jpg (264 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1440983624413.jpg
264 KB, 1920x1080
now that the dust has settled..
Can we agree that it's not that good?
The game is shallow as fuck
>>
now that the dust has settled..
Can we agree that "now that the dust has settled.." post is not that good?
They are baity and shallow as fuck
>>
File: 1466145781261.png (136 KB, 500x595) Image search: [Google]
1466145781261.png
136 KB, 500x595
>>342120405
>shallow
I doubt you've even played the game. Some of the heroes take some real finesse to get good at.

you're just a shitter.

Game is going to have 40+ heroes and 20+ maps eventually. In due time it will be even fucking bigger than it is now. It's not stopping either. eat shit OP. nothing is derailing this train. maybe if blizz starts charging for heroes and maps. which they won't and have already said in their youtube dev vids they wont.

I enjoy it, but mostly only with friends. It's not that fun solo queue

Oh btw OP is a faggot
>>
>>342120405
>STOP HAVING FUN!!!!
>>
>>342120680
no one said that, sperg
>>
>>342120405
>Can we agree
no
>>
>>342120405
I enjoy it. Nice shitpost tho
>>
>>342120629
>slow-ass console shooter
>not shallow
>>
File: 1337092085635.gif (768 KB, 127x189) Image search: [Google]
1337092085635.gif
768 KB, 127x189
>play Reinhardt on KotH
>two other people pick tiny engineer
>they built turrets and I shielded them
>enemy can't even touch the point

There's some wonderful things you can do in this game if you're creative.
>>
File: 1462622313415.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1462622313415.gif
2 MB, 200x200
Its honestly the most fun i've had with a competitive FPS since launch TF2.

Its a very well made game.
>>
>>342121049
>console
uhh kiddo. please stop posting here. go play your xbone
>>
The game is going to die in July if they don't add new champions soon.
>>
File: rodman kek.jpg (474 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
rodman kek.jpg
474 KB, 1920x1080
>>342121151
this

bought tf2 for 20 bucks in 2009. was my first steam game. I really get some comfy tf2 like feels when playing with my bros. overwatch was easily worth 40 bucks for me
>>
>>342120405
You're right, OP. I think the good people of /v/ should purchase and play more deeper gameplay experiences like Battleborn from our bros over at Gearbox Studios.
>>
File: pharah.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
pharah.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
It's not a game I can play for 4+ hours,but I've been having fun doing a few rounds every day.
>>
>>342121119
>Reinhardt guarding Torbjorn turrets is now "creative".
Next you'll tell me about this great new strategy where Mercy heals Bastion while he's taking fire
>>
No point in these threads, everybody that's not a total ladyboy tier faggot knows the game is garbage, sadly this is /v/
>>
>>342120405
Its a TF2 ripoff, what did you expect?
>>
File: pépé.jpg (110 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
pépé.jpg
110 KB, 800x800
Guys, come on, everyone can have different experiences with a given game. Maybe OP got bored of it fast, but that doesn't necessarily mean that everyone else should. There are many people on /v/ and everyone can have different opinions, even if they are unpopular. (looking at you reddit) Instead of flinging shit at each other, why not discuss instead, share our stories, and have a good time?
>>
>>342121264

Are you saying there is a moba shooter with enough substance for me, a man of incredible wit and intelligence, and of course a keen sense of social political justice? And the name is "Battleborn" you say? Yes Battleborn, that has quite the ring to it! Battleborn, thats the game I am going to play.
>>
File: 1464795370956.jpg (111 KB, 889x500) Image search: [Google]
1464795370956.jpg
111 KB, 889x500
>40 of my b.net friends played it on launch
>not a single one of them is playing it anymore
>most are playing hearthstone or diablo

dead
>>
So TF2 is still the best multi-class FPS then
And has more memes too
>>
>>342121825
lel. all my battlenet friends are playing nothing but overwatch. including me
>>
>>342121682
Sorry, there's 20 of these guys:
>>342121565
for every 1 of you
>>
Overwatch is to FPS as Smash Bros is to fighting games. It's a dumbed-down party game and only retards pretend it's competitive, but it's still fun.
>>
>>342121964
>Overwatch is to FPS as Smash Bros is to fighting games.

Except that's tf2.
>>
>>342120405
I know it won't happen but if Blizzard gave out mapping tools and allowed community servers this game would be GOTYAY
>>
>>342121964
>team of players vs another team of players
>the only endpoint is one team winning and another losing, no co-op objectives between teams
>pretend it's competitive

read a dictionary, friend
>>
File: Pepe1.jpg (29 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Pepe1.jpg
29 KB, 600x600
>>342121927

Oh well, i tried.
>>
In my opinion it's a fine game, the only thing that amuses me is that most of /v/ was complaining about E3 being "safe" when it comes to games, this game is horrendously safe. Not a single thing about this game is aspiring, it goes off of well established roles for characters and unimaginative game design, while it is certainly fun for people playing it, it's not really groundbreaking or anything all that special.
>>
>>342123481
I disagree. Name another team based fps shooter with cooldown-based abilities and ultimates before Overwatch.

No, not mobas that happen to be from a first person perspective. Actual fps games with cooldown-based abilities and ultimates.
>>
>>342123481
A game doesn't have to be groundbreaking in order to be fun. In fact the games best remembered in the public mind for being "groundbreaking" are the ones that take pre-existing concepts and package it all together.
>>
>>342120629
>finesse
>a game with aimbot, wallhack, and homing projectiles
>>
File: dannydyerbrutal.jpg (108 KB, 510x414) Image search: [Google]
dannydyerbrutal.jpg
108 KB, 510x414
It's pretty addictive, it just needs more to it. More maps, skins and modes.
>>
>>342123746
That's what I'm saying, it's fun, but it's not really doing anything special.
>>342123718
I'm not saying it's a carbon copy of another game, I'm just saying that the abilities and characters aren't all that special, they really just combined moba elements with an arena shooter. That's really why it's so safe, it uses something a lot of people like in a type of game that a lot of people like.
>>
I have a hard time taking this game seriously. It can be fun but I have a hard time believing that anyone in good conscience could play it competitively. Shooters definitely aren't Blizzard's forte but I think they did an alright job on this. If they wanted to make something competitive then they might want to start again from scratch and take a few lessons in level design.
>>
sale when?

i can hardly justify 40 bucks for it
>>
YA YO YEE
>>
I have 97 hours right now and it's pretty fun.
>>
>>342120405
Nope.
>>
>>342124087
>they really just combined moba elements with an arena shooter.

Which... hasn't been done before. And now a lot of games that do the exact same thing are going to be spawned.

I wouldn't call it groundbreaking or innovative, but it's certainly a unique idea that's going to be a new trend in fps games, and Blizzard kicked it off. I feel like people on this board aren't giving Overwatch enough credit. We all hate the shekel overlord that is Blizzard, but there's nothing quite like this game just yet and its only competition down the line will be games copying it.
>>
File: effects of redpill.jpg (355 KB, 1900x908) Image search: [Google]
effects of redpill.jpg
355 KB, 1900x908
The community makes me want to vomit. I lose every fucking game because my teamates have dog shit for brains and dont know that you're SUPPOSED to switch characters.
>>
>>342124379
Actually now that I think about it, FPS MMOs have done the whole abilities and ultimates in a shooter before, destiny for one. I'm sure there are a few others but I never really cared much for MMOs
>>
File: 1460860255202.gif (329 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1460860255202.gif
329 KB, 256x256
>>342124565
>teammates instalock Hanzo/Genji/Widow
>useless pieces of shit the entire game
>enemies instalock them
>amazing 10/10 players who play the characters perfectly
>>
>>342120629
>finesse
>Press Q to win

Yeah no
>>
>>342124664
I don't play Destiny, but aren't the abilities restricted to one per class or something? I wouldn't really call that an implementation of moba elements, but I guess I can see why someone would consider that beating Blizzard to the punch. Regardless, Destiny is very different from Overwatch, so I don't really see a clear comparison being drawn there.
>>
>>342120405

>Look over my recently played list
>Someone with a prestige star
>20 hours played

GOD DAMN PIRATES GET OUT OF MY GAME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>342125431
cheaters, you mean? pirates can't access official blizz servers

>>342124809
he did say 'some'
>>
Been playing it for about 3 days and I seriously don't understand why everyone's been losing their minds.
>>
>>342125242
Apparently there's actually a few different abilities that can be heavily modified through a skill tree, here's on page I got after a search:
http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Bladedancer
I'm just saying that they didn't try anything that new or imaginative, sure they did this very specific arrangement first, but they didn't really invent anything. I would say something about lore or character design being unimaginative as well, but for an FPS that really doesn't matter.
>>
>>342125646

I was just generally shitposting, though I do wonder what the fuck is going on with that. Either there are some XP cheats for fat loot boxes or the profile shit is reporting numbers incorrectly, 'cause I'm only somewhere around level 50 with 40ish hours played and that's been with the group bonus 99% of the time.

>>342125709

It's great for playing with friends. The quick matchmaking and group system works well to easily add people as they come online so you can all stick together, and group chat means you can bitch about the dirty dirty commoners on your teams between matches.

It also is ideal if you want to git maximum gud, but is reliant on your friends. Only have one gud gitter friend and the rest are varying degrees of ok which is still better than getting people who play nothing but Genji/Hanzo/Asscheeks McGee.
>>
>>342125939
>I'm just saying that they didn't try anything that new or imaginative

I mean, I wouldn't disagree with that. But like you said, this specific combination of team based arena shooter and moba elements is the first of its kind, and it's already spawning several games aiming for the same sort of idea (Lawbreakers, Quake Champions to name two). It's like the Beatles. They didn't really invent anything, they just took stuff other people were doing, combined it, and executed it magnificently for a huge audience to experience, thereby changing what's popular and desired.

It's Blizzard and it could be argued that they can pull that off no matter how shitty their game is, but Overwatch is a genuinely well executed combination of two things that have never been married, and I think they deserve props for that. Unless you hate the champion and ability based shooter trope already. In which case have fun not being able to play any not Call of Duty or Battlefield fps game for the next 5+ years.
>>
>>342126305

I'm actually a bit surprised how well executed it is, given modern Blizzard. Even their first batch of nerfing was even-handed and didn't completely dump on the classes. Even if cowboy isn't completely fucking broken any more.
>>
>>342126289
there are plenty of cheats out there. last night i got headshotted by a widowmaker through the corner wall on anubis as a crouching torb when she was aiming at our bastion in the other corner

considering the wall is about two torbs high, i shouldn't have been hit. hackers are everywhere, man
>>
>>342120405
I think it's good

But that's my silly opinion
>>
>>342120405
It's not that good no.
It's pretty good, but not that good.
>>
>>342126704

I actually recommend disabling the killcam to save your blood pressure. You'll still get stuck watching your team's Genji walk calmly up the center of the map holding LMB until he somehow is frozen by a Mei and fingerbanged to death, but that's mildly less irritating.
>>
>>342126305
I can agree with that much, really at this point it's not worth arguing over, I can see why people have fun with it, but I don't think it's as good as a lot of people here make it out to be.
>>
I didn't find it all that fun until I found Pharah and Roadhog

Now I find it fun
>>
>>342126919
>I actually recommend disabling the killcam to save your blood pressure.
Fucking best advice ever. It was one of the first things i did, calmed my rage by 1000%.
>>
>>342126542
I'm cynical as fuck and expecting them to drop the ball eventually. Jeff Kaplan seems to be extremely transparent and responsive and that makes me cautiously optimistic.

>>342126951
Yeah it's whatever, I'm not that crazy about it either and I've become sort of disillusioned with it. I only play once every other day at most and only for a few hours per session tops, which is way less than I expected to play it back when I got into the closed beta stress test weekend. I can't call it overhyped because a lot of my friends dislike it and I don't go on websites that ride its dick, so I'm pretty detached from the hype machine. Just a twisted perspective that I've developed.
>>
>>342120405
I regret every dollar spent on this shit, I'm never believing /v/ memes again.
>>
>>342127406
Nigga just refund it shit.
>>
the gameplay is great, balance between characters is good.
but there are way too little maps, skins and modes..
that they sell the lootcrates for real money is actually unacceptable..
they would rather put a way to earn more lootcrates, rather than one per level...
>>
>>342127471
Can't, bought it off g2a.

My big fucking fault.
>>
>>342127529

Jesus, anon. Why did you spend more for the version with cosmetics?
>>
would be good if i didnt get matched with such god awful teams
>>
blizztard trash general
>>
>>342127406
You believed the memes that it was a shit a game so you bought it?
>>
20 million players say you're wrong.
>>
>>342120405
It may be shallow, but I haven't been so happy while playing an fps since TF2.
>>
While I can thoroughly enjoy the game at times, the main problem I'm having with it is that it goes from

"Hey, this is fun! I am having fun with videogames!"

to

"Oh my fucking god I hate everything about this I have everyone playing this and if I have to keep playing this for another second I am going to choke on my own bile and die"

disturbingly fast.
>>
File: 1458734359203.jpg (124 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1458734359203.jpg
124 KB, 600x900
i haven't played the game, but i wwas wondering is there any variations to the characters?
>>
>>342128114

Gameplay variations in the same specific characters? No. No equipment or anything.

Gameplay variations among all the characters? Yes.

Cosmetic variations among same specific characters? Yes.
>>
>>342123978

PUT HIM IN A HEADLOCK
>>
>>342120405
>The game is shallow as fuck

Compared to?
>>
Will the game kindly stop putting me in matches that are about to finish?!

Fuck!
>>
>>342123845
the only one that's even a problem is the wallhack, aimbot is ass and barely gets more than 2 kills, also what homing projectiles are in the game? Zens discord is the only one I can think of and it gets LoS'ed
>>
>>342125431
Playing the weekly brawl matches doesn't add to your total play time but still gives you exp, so that's probably what he's done.
>>
>>342128831
TF2
>>
>>342121180
>champions

REEEEEEE
>>
>>342121370

Woah, what the hell is that interface? If that's the beta UI, I actually like it more than the retail
>>
>>342129495
the size of Hanzo's arrows may as well be tracking
>>
I got it for free from a friend so I can speak without buyer's remorse being a bias concern.

It's pretty good, a little content light. This nonsense about no strategy is retarded, both teams have access to the same teams, the strategy emerges out of contesting with them, like all competitive games. Timing, team synergy and raw skill are all important. Although this game is less individual based, it's important to work as a team and to switch heroes.

These people with 60 hours as one character are essentially useless because they can't offer much.
>>
>>342120405
Play shitty game get shitty results
>>
It's very good.
Once we get competitive mode, it might also be less infuriating.
>>
>>342121119
>Kill the other 3 players easily since Rein and Torb are dicking off elsewhere

>It's 3 v 6

>Win easily
>>
>>342121256
>he didn't get the orange box for 9 bucks
>>
>>342120405
It's not even average.

It can't even compete against a 10 year old game

stay mad cucks
>>
>>342123978
so it needs EVERYTHING that a normal game have?

OW its just waifus and graphics, they forgot about the game itself and went full retard with 0 content
>>
Any other Pharrah/Bastion/Reinhart bros here? Definitely my 3 mains, gotta love direct rocket hits for 180 dmg + splash damage + being able to quickly disengage + easily one of the best ults.
>>
>>342120405

>Die behind walls: The Game

But other than that it can be fun to play a match or two.
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.