[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Naxxramas was released on this very day 10 years ago.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Patch_1_11.jpg (34 KB, 380x224) Image search: [Google]
Patch_1_11.jpg
34 KB, 380x224
>Naxxramas was released on this very day 10 years ago.
>>
I feel old
>>
Man I remember being a young lad full of hopes and dreams while playing this game, feel like a dead husk now except I'm not dead yet.
>>
>>342111441
same I feel old now only difference is I have a wife, my own company and still enjoy playing games.

Jesus 10 years ago I was sitting just in my room and playing WoW now I am 29 and going from meeting to meeting.
>>
I'm a filthy casual and never got to do this place until Wrath.
>>
>>342111887
Me neither, but at least there was something to strive for unlike in live today
>>
>>342111329
I remember only getting inside Old Naxx sometime around the end of TBC and steamrolling it.
>tfw being the sole MT to down let alone fight Kel Thuzad before Wrath on your server.
Was a good, yet sad feeling.
>>
>>342112831
>only paladin with full T2 still on your server
the mark of the blessings whore
>>
>>342111329
They probably could have let WoW run for at least another year of vanilla, with no extra updates. The system of actually having to do all of the raids, not just the current tier, meant that the game had vastly more relevant content than it does in its current state.

I don't understand why Blizzard believes that every player has to kill KT/Illidan/LK/Deathwing/whatever. By pandering to the shitty players with bad attitudes, they only degrade the community of the game further.
>>
>>342113976

Naxx needed a few more months for people to enjoy, it feels like it was thrown out towards the end of vanilla and then 2.0 talents were introduced which made some encounters easier depending on setup.

Why they didn't go with broader expansions like UO/Everquest instead of raising the cap and items so high is beyond me.
>>
>>342111887
Wouldn't feel too bad only 0.1% of the population actually killed KT before the pre bc patch. It was an amazing raid but it had ridiculous consumable and resistance gear requirements. Many of the top raid guilds on servers broke up or gave up over it because it was so draining.
>>
>tfw I never played world of warcraft
I feel like I missed out
>>
>>342114331
to make new players join in more easily. Once you got into the outland the gear catches up to lvl 60 vanilla gear without hours upon hours of doing the dungeons.
>>
>>342114784
Vanilla/TBC were pretty special. I'm glad I got to experience them.
>>
>wasted dozens of hours of my life waiting outside for a spot to open only for the expansion released next week with easy access items that outperform everything
>>
Official Blizz legacy servers soon
>>
>>342111441
other way around for me, I decided not to be a "9 to 5" lifer, get my shit together and actually ascend to a higher level of existence.

I have successfully achieved postphysical existence and only remain partially embedded within the quantum-spacetime structure of this universe to shitpost on /v/ occasionally.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.