[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I legitimately curious. If all the spergs, programmers and artist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
I legitimately curious.

If all the spergs, programmers and artist on /v/ gathered together and made a game...

Can they make something far better than Mighty Number Blunder?
>>
People already tried and failed
>>
If they were well-organized and weren't just making an ebin memefest, then yeah, probably.
>>
Katawa Shoujo worked out if you can call that a game.
>>
>4 million dollars
>>
>>342108617

Katawa Shoujo wasn't that bad. And it was well programmed. Not only that, but drawfags actually did a far better job than I expected.

It wasn't good, it wasn't bad, but it sure wasn't a dissaster like MN9 was
>>
File: 342234453.png (221 KB, 417x348) Image search: [Google]
342234453.png
221 KB, 417x348
>>342108503
>>342108823

>Katawa Shoujo
>/v/
>>
>>342108295
It's far easier to make a good game by yourself or with only 1 more person (either you're the programmer or artist and the other person the other role) than if you put more people in.

But yea, probably yes. Risk of Rain is a good example.
>>
>>342108503
>>342108823
it was fucking /a/, and they're never going to do that ever again. you wanted to make a fucking game? you all ended up with a shitty 2d flash animated web browser platformer and you needed reddshit's help with that. there are now pages and pages of an unfinished google docs explaining each and every segment of the """game""" that was never finished. don't even try. just take it to /agdg/.
>>
>>342108295
There are people who do it as a job, we have different jobs.
What do you fucking expect, us to do better than people who do it professionally?
That's like calling Einstein or Newton dumb because they can't cook like a master chef
>>
No?

/v/ has the attention span of a fly
>>
>>342110262
what the fuck are you even talking about
>>
>>342108295
>programmers and artist on /v/ gathered together
> gathered together
> gathered together

holy fuck, i can see the infighting and ego clashing. There is no way they gonna pass the concept stage
>>
>>342108295
8/v/ was making Anton and Coolpecker, but then Yooka-Laylee came along.

Making a banjolike is great, but you can't compare to the fucking OGs of GoodRare
>>
I would do some programming except that I hate all of you
>>
>>342109921
What happened?
>>
It's all about communication and good planning. Then, trust your team. Usually they know what the fuck they're talking about, so let them try new stuff. Let them dare try new stuff.
>>
File: Keit-Ai Title Preview.webm (3 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
Keit-Ai Title Preview.webm
3 MB, 320x180
>>342108295
/v/ should make Keit-ai.
>>
>>342111672
>morose high school girl doing high school things

looks pretty boring hamalam
>>
>>342108438
This. 4chan users are just disorganized mess, but if they actually put effort into it and worked together cohesively, making something better than MN9 would be a cinch for them.

Unfortunately that is a tall order for people here.
>>
File: You can't escape.jpg (409 KB, 1147x1321) Image search: [Google]
You can't escape.jpg
409 KB, 1147x1321
>>342111672
FINDS
>>
File: Keit-Ai VN.jpg (146 KB, 644x730) Image search: [Google]
Keit-Ai VN.jpg
146 KB, 644x730
>>342111672
But it's already a visual novel.
>>
>>342111672
Stop posting that because it's already a thing.

https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/
>>
>>342108295
agdg regularly has working gameplay concepts with far more depth than that sjw bonanza
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.