[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
3 questions 1. is this worth buying 2. how much "getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: header.jpg (49 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
49 KB, 460x215
3 questions

1. is this worth buying
2. how much "getting used to" do the controls need
3. if i get my ship blown up what happens after? cause well i will probably suck at first so this will be a common occurrence
>>
>>342098436
No, it isn't and never will be with the current scheme the dev is pulling off. They're easy. If it's the starter ship you'll get another one, if it's a ship you bought then you'll need insurance or a backup ship.
>>
>>342099197
what scheme is the dev pulling?
>>
If you like ETS2 sure, but don't expect action-packed space adventure.
Not much, it's even possible to play with with a gamepad and only need one or two extra buttons on a keyboard.
The ship is lost,b but you retain money and there's an option to instantly get yourself identical ship or buy insurance preemptively.
>>
>>342099354
oh so there is not a boatload of combat in the game then? cause that is kind of what im looking for
>>
>>342099459
Fuck no. For that you may look into X3: Albion prelude or just good old Freelancer. Elite: dangerous has colossal world where nothing much happens and you spend most of your time doing fetch quests and scanning planets.
>>
>>342099459
You will spend hours to minutes ratio of traveling to actually doing something in a combat ship. The devs insist giving combat ships the weakest means of traveling between stars and the smallest fuel tanks to boot.
Other than that, this game is the embodiment of "Wasted Potential".
>>
>>342098436
One of the worst "games" I ever played.

Save yourself the money. It looks and sounds pretty; that's it. It's boring and grindy as fuck in spite of being a singleplayer game.
>>
>>342099665
i meant i was looking for a game without a boatload of combat so elite dangerous sounds like the one for me
>>
Did you play frontire or the old elite game?

its pretty much the same thing with nicer graphics.
>>
>>342098436
No
None
Starter ship you get it back, other ships you pay a fraction of its price, if you have no money for its insurance you lose everything

I dont have words to describe to you how shit ED is though, and there is no way anyone could recommend it and not being in denial.
>>
>>342099665
colossal is an understatement.

its like, do you see that star? you can climb it.
>>
>>342098436
>pay $60 for a cool singleplayer space travel sim
>get shitty $60 forced-online spreadsheet simulator that you have to pay another $60 for promised features in a dlc package

No it's not worth it unless you can get it + DLC on sale for less than $20.
>>
>>342098436
1. Not yet. Wait six years for most of the seasons to come out
2. It takes about 20 hours for you to get good
3. You have to rebuy it at 10% original cost (inculding all the upgrades)
>>
>>342099273
It's like a TV show. Every year they bring out a new season. There are 4 major updates throughout the season.
It's better off if you buy the last season because you get the previous seasons for free.
The last season will be in 9 years.
>>
>>342102248
>not yet wait for it to become more expensive with things they said would be in the original game
>>
>>342099459
If you like exploring a really realistic galaxy then buy it. It's like Space Engine but with your own ship and trading.
>>
>>342098436
>1. is this worth buying
only on sale. it's huge and cool at first but you soon realize it's empty and boring as fuck. sure you have gorillion systems to visit and literally no reasons to do so.

>2. how much "getting used to" do the controls need
not that much. joystick is better but keyboard + mouse is good enough.

>3. if i get my ship blown up what happens after? cause well i will probably suck at first so this will be a common occurrence
you get a partial refund and a loan for the new ship that you don't really have to pay.
>>
>>342098436
1. Depends, it lacks in content but I still enjoy it.
2. Depends on if you play on PC, if you do, you'll have more fun with a joystick+keyboard setup, everything is customizable.
3. There's a rebuy cost (a fraction of your ship's value) if you can't pay it you get a loaned ship. I only died once to a pirate.
>>
>>342098436
Buy it if you like grinding and making yourself objectives. I'm farming credits for weeks outside the civilization. Damn boring but it will be fun as fuck when I get my a-grade conda. It's realistic, map is big, but kinda empty. Just like real space. And don't forget that this game's learning curve is a total casual hunter. Many faggots stop playing before getting a better ship than Cobra MK3.
>>
>>342098436
Great engine, great sound design, great music, great graphics, great basic gameplay and features, literally zero coherent direction, absolutely zero experience in multiplayer design from devs, complete lack of content.

If they were to release mod tools for it, the game would be made awesome in under a week. So basically, it's a great framework for a game, but there's no game.
>>
>played the game once
>couldn't go into hyperdrive
>spent 20 minutes floating around going nowhere
>>
>>342098436

A) Yes but understand this is a straight up HD polish on classic space sims, not a game designed from the ground up to be a modern space sim if that makes sense.

B) Same as any flight simulator or space game

C) First ship is just as capable as any other. You'll lose a bit of money and maybe push yourself further into a mortgage on your ship
>>
>>342098436
1. only on sale and if you don't fear autistic grind that will make question your purchase
2. not much really
3. You have to pay 5% of your ship's worth to get it back
>>
>>342099789

>Stay away from it its a Space Sim

So you've never touched the genre before or what?
>>
it's a boring grindfest with barebones gameplay
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.