[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When /v/ when.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: 83285723985798237598.png (442 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
83285723985798237598.png
442 KB, 1024x576
He has confirmed he has denied he has gone with out comment. BUT we all know they're working on it.

Interviews from 2007-2014
https://youtu.be/dd_q2fFgfk4
>>
>>342091832
Not happening. But I bet they will do the same move Blizzard did, they had Diablo 3 saved as a giant cash grab for hard times in the industry. Gabe is the same, holding HL3 development til steam goes to shit, which wont happen anytime soon.
>>
>>342091832
You just re-uploaded somebody else's video
>>
>>342092131
This.
>>
>>342091832
HL3 is dead and burried. it's never coming out.
>>
>>342091832
HL3 can't happen because it will be automatically the worst deception in the video game industry ever, no matter how good the game can be.
>>
>>342092131
The last steam game was Portal 2 which was fucking 5 years ago so I assume they're doing fine with Steam. I hope they don't use it as a cash grab because that'll be the nail in the coffin for the gaming community.
>>
I just made a thread about this and I don't frequent /v/ often. Are HL3 threads posted often here?
>>
File: 1466189949453.jpg (50 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1466189949453.jpg
50 KB, 500x375
>implying anyone really gives a shit anymore and it's not just one big long running meme at this point
>>
I'm willing to bet the entirety of Half Life 3 as a game (not necessarily the art / story) was completely scrapped when the Rift kickstarter succeeded. At that point Valve probably wanted to make some legendary VR game from the ground up, so the VR wouldn't feel tacked on.
>>
>>342091832
I think they're just waiting for a significant leap in tech, if they did it now it would just be another half life with better graphics. No idea what though, prob smellvision to smell alyx vance hair.
>>
>release hl3
>doesn't live up to the hype like duke nukem forever
>horrible press coverage and reviews
>worse than just not releasing it at all
>>
>>342092451
I do son, I do.
>>
>>342091832
>next year is the 10 year anniversary for episode 2

i can't even get hype anymore

it's dead
>>
>>342092131
>til steam goes to shit, which wont happen anytime soon.
I dunno, I mean, sales haven't been as strong as they once were, Blizzard and EA aren't selling their games on Steam ever again, shit like that has to mean something.
>>
Who even cares any more, even if they made HL3 it would be shit

Valve doesn't make games, they make revenue streams
>>
>>342092342

I can just imagine a rushed HL3 now.
>multiplayer w/ skins, crowbar skins, physic weapon skins
>doesn't finish loose ends, continues war with combine, but some cheesy shit about the borealis being "another victory for the rebels"
>>
>>342092818

Oh, can't forget:

>shit, nearly unusable VR
>steam Box exclusive for 2 months
>closed beta, basically HL2:DM but without any fun shit
>>
>>342092451
Are you implying that there will not be a shitstorm when it's officially confirmed or any gameplay/trailer shown? It's gonna cause so much shit you don't have an idea.
>>
You literally just reuploaded crowbcat's video. Fuck off faggot.
>>
>>342092704
True, at some point the big Steam will have to fall, or get competition. But I dont see it happening anytime soon, not with all the attention new developers are getting in Steam, needless to say, denuvo is giving them money too. Gabe just chills, and new developers arrive by themselves with potential cash grabs, all he has to do is sit back and watch money rain.
>>
What if it's hidden on steam somewhere and GabeN can't say anything about it because there's an ARG going on to figure out how to get it.
>>
you literally forgot the most relevant interview. and since you are such a shithead, im not posting the link
>>
>>342093193
I doubt it
>>
>it'll never live up to the hype!
>no one even cares anymore!
Something doesn't add up.
>>
>>342092945
More dislikes than Infinite Warfare?
>>
>>342092750
Steam is a money machine
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.