[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are people hype for the new stick of truth? >6 hour gameplay
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: header.jpg (131 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
131 KB, 460x215
Why are people hype for the new stick of truth?
>6 hour gameplay
>all the dlc was shitty outfits
>they made the combat SLOWER
>>
>using the word "hype"
Grow up
>>
>>342091529
i bet u like fish sticks
>>
>>342091468

I enjoyed SoT but I could have gotten the exact same experience by just watching that shit on youtube

also way too much recycling of jokes from the early seasons
>>
>>342091608
Anon, I feel the exact opposite. I loved how virtually everything that could be referenced was referenced.
>>
>>342091468
>they made the combat SLOWER

is it true? combat was the worst part of previous SP game. rpgish turn based combat is the last thing that fits SP.
>>
>>342091825
It's now more of a SRPG
>>
>>342091468
6 hour gameplay is not true at all...
>>
>>342091823
>>342091608
I haven't played the game yet but that sou ds fucking horrible. There's nothing worse than when a series just starts recylcing old jokes and catch phrases from when it used to be funny in order to tug on your nostalga.

That said, the latest season of south park was actually really good and a return to form, so I might give the game a shot.
>>
>>342092134
It's not like hurr look guise it's that joke from ages ago XD
They do it well, like how in the character creation you can pick spray tan for your race. Nearly every item is from an episode, the music too. If you like south park it's worth checking out since they did put a lot of effort into making a good south park game.
>>
>it was le short

CAN YOU FUCKING IDIOTS GET IT THROUGH YOUR FUCKING SKULL? IT WAS PURE CONTENT, PURE FUCKING CONTENT.

THE ONLY WAY THE GAME IS LONGER IS THROUGH GRINDING AND PADDING. WHICH IS WHAT 99% OF RPGS DO.

THE GAME DOES NOT NEED TO BE 100 HOURS OR EVEN 50 OR EVEN 30. IT LIVES ON ITS REFERENCE AND JOKES AND BENEFITED FROM EVERY ENCOUTNER BEING A NEW TYPE OF ENEMY

WAH WAH ITS TOO SHORT PLEASE ADD 50 HOURS OF FUCKING GRINDING

DO YOU REALLY FUCKING THINK ITS EASY AND THEY WOULDVE ADDED TONS OF MORE CONTENT TO MAKE IT LONGER? NO. THEY MAKE YOU GRIND

G
R
I
N
D

FUCKING PISSING FUCKING CHILDREN LIKE YOU ARE WHY GAMES ARE SO FUCKING SHIT
>>
>>342092134
Nah the first episode was incredible, it fell off a cliff in quality so fast after that though
>>
>>342091468

Cause it was a fun little game to play through despite some forced and overused jokes and the whole canada part. It was also literally THE best videogame adaptation of anything on TV ever except maybe some Alien games.
>>
>>342092962
I AGREE

IT'S THE SAME REASON I LIKED UNDERMEME
>>
>>342091468
>all the dlc was shitty outfits
ie Didn't hide story content behind a paywall.
Sounds like respectable business practice.
>>
>>342092962
Thats nice and all but I'm not going to pay $60 for a long South Park episode.

SoT was fun, but not $60 fun.

And I'm not going to pay for this one at all since Ubisoft is fucking retarded and Uplay is REQUIRED.
>>
>>342094293
Then dont. No one is forcing you. You just sound like a bitch complaing about it.
>>
>>342094546
>Then dont. No one is forcing you.

Glad were on the same page then.
>>
>>342094293
then wait for sales
>>
>>342094983
And you forgot the part where you sound like a bitch fuckboi.
>>
>>342095165

This. Bought it on a sale a on a whim and had my fun with it. It is overpriced for a new release though unless youre a huge fan of SP.

Plus I know the word is overused but the game was really comfy in a way, especially the first half. Youre just a kid playing kid make-believe stuff in a comfy snowy town and being a rascal. Everything else was just detracting from that.
>>
>>342092391
What this faggot said. The references are blatant. Like you walk into Cartman's room and turn on the radio and plays that one KYLE'S MOM IS A BIG FAT BITCH song or you walk into a building and the music in the building is a muffled version of Vote or Die. You have to go out of your way to find a lot of the references.
>>
What the fuck was up with seasons 18 and 19? I decided to catch up with the show and these are really weird to watch. Not that they're not funny, there are some hilarious episodes, especially the VR one, that had me just dying laughing, but I don't get why they suddenly decided to go on serialized continuity, with the Lorde shit in 18 and PC shit in 19. South park isn't supposed to have a story, each week was always a weird fucked up adventure that was completely forgotten by everyone by the next week.
>>
>>342096735

They keep slightly reinventing their shit, thats why they havent disappear after a couple seasons as a grossout show.
>>
ITT: Obvious samefaging
>>
>>342096735
It was partially because they though resetting each week caused the last minute to be really dumb and partially cause they thought it'd be fun to build off what they did last week. It wasn't really planned much either apparently. The Lorde joke was going to be a one time gag, but some ejournalist got offended by it, so they decided to keep bringing it back to spite him.

The second continuity season might've been a bit more planned though.

Anyways new game looks good. Glad combat is being reworked. Hopefully they rework a lot of the world-interactions. A lot of them controlled like shit.
>>
Was there any end game for Stick of Truth?
>>
>>342092962
*tips fedora*
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.