[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so this any good or what? never played the original.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: odin_sphere.jpg (66 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
odin_sphere.jpg
66 KB, 854x480
so this any good or what? never played the original.
>>
>>342077224
It's cute and fun.
>>
>>342077224

It is pretty good, but the original game was too "hard" for most people. Required you to properly manage your psyker and potions.

I heard the new version is more forgiving, but keep that in mind if you are a huge casual pussy.
>>
>>342077991
Potion management is still huge, but the expanded combat system makes some old bosses a joke since they were barely rebalanced for it.

Also on an aside, whoever made Velvet's challenge mission in Titania needs to be drawn and quartered. A King Slime that gets two small eyeballs, one big eyeball and a sorcerer any time it splits. There's so much fucking stun in that fight holy shit.
>>
It's weebshit. Any animu is automatically bad.
>>
>>342077224

I never played the original, but I'm loving leifthrasir. Just finished up Cornelius' story earlier tonight.

The combat is good and feels like 2d curhazy. The whole sotrybook stlye of the game is just the comfiest shit too.

the food makes me seriously hungry though, like it's a problem
>>
>>342077224
pretty good. Game managed to not touch my pc and fun post here this whole weekend.
Dat fucking gwendolyn english VA needs to stop doing voice acting
>>
>>342077530
There is nothing cute about this game anon

>>342077224
Original is a piece of shit that even the creators of the game say they hate.

Remake makes it cuh-razy and it's actually pretty damn fun. New Mercedes and Oswald kinda suck though.
>>
>>342078662
The food in muramasa also looks delicious, must be a thing for vanillaware
>>
probably my favorite tune in the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMkBnflEoZ8&index=5&list=PLUZ_Wo6eA8TIlE7zhc-J0_hHxf86RvMJ6

>Parts sound like FF12 and FF13
>>
File: 1425070781866.gif (2 MB, 400x286) Image search: [Google]
1425070781866.gif
2 MB, 400x286
>>342077224
For anyone that already completed the game.
How do I into Mercedes?
I could combo people to death without them touching the ground with the Valkyrie and the Prince. Mercedes is... I don't know. Different in a weird way. Any tips?
>>
File: 1440383934486.gif (3 MB, 360x202) Image search: [Google]
1440383934486.gif
3 MB, 360x202
>>342079531
It sounds like final fantasy tactics to me. Which make sense for FF12
>>
>>342078821
New Oswald is super powerful, just kinda uninspired. His best build is "Go berserk forever, mash X"

Mercedes is, and always will be, garbage. Crossbows are too simple a weapon to do anything complex with.
>>
>>342080035
Round shot 'till they drop. Should probably also invest the one ability that increases likelihood for knockdown off normal attacks, then kite for days.
>>
>>342080380
Welp, at least Velvet and Oswald are next.
Seriously, her playstyle just threw me off.
>>
File: velvet.jpg (586 KB, 700x812) Image search: [Google]
velvet.jpg
586 KB, 700x812
>>342081246
The only upside is that each of the campaigns get progressively shorter.

Velvet soon.
>>
>>342079531
>Parts sound like FF12 and FF13

Literally the same composer.
>>
>>342081686
Velvet is probably the second strongest character in the game.

Personally speaking

Cornelius > Velvet > Gwen > Oswald > Mercedes
>>
>>342083496
What do you typically do as velvet that makes her powerful? Even with Fire Road and the burn buffs it feels like her damage pales compared to Os and Cornelius.
>>
>>342077991

Potions system is still good in this game and I actually use them now, tho that could just be because I'm older and the bag system isn't as much of a clusterfuck.

The old fighting system can suck a dick , I'll take Muramasa/Dragon's Crown combat any day over the original's.
>>
>>342083707
Besides her burning niggas forever stacked with more damage while burning for more burn burning damage and more dmg from magic pots to burn/poison harder and invincibility during her 20 min chain grapple slamming animation I dont know.
>>
>>342083707
Not him but
>Flare shot is cheap as fuck, highly effective, and spamable
>Spiral drive does a ton of damage and flinches enemies easily
>Sling whip can be used as invincibility and crowd control
>All her damage increasing passives

That said I have to disagree with him, Mercedes is the strongest character in my opinion, she just trivializes everything.
>>
>>342078987
>>342078662

The food was better in Muramasa because it took like five bites to finish a meal and it bounced around like it was being picked at. The food in Odin sphere is a three frame gif with one frame being the full meal, the second being half eaten and the third being an empty plate.
>>
It's great. It suffers from the same problem as the original though: repetitiveness. You have to go through the same areas over and over again, and often fight the same bosses several times, in order to finish the game. You get to do it with different characters who play quite differently though, and the environments and music are honestly god-tier, so it's still good.
>>
>>342083496
Cornelius >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everyone else

Seriously the best, most fun to play character. I never had a single problem beating anything with him during his route.
>>
>>342083496
This is the most objectively correct post in the history of /v/.
>>
>>342080035
Mercedes "x" call spells are really good since they fire whenever you hit someone with an autoattack, aka the only thing you ever do as mercedes. The first one you get shoots like a mortar, the second one shoots like a mini version of Oswald's serpent grief, the third one you get after beating her story, so i haven't touched it. Besides those, the aformentioned round shot is good, and spreadshot is situationally busted if you use it point blank on a big target.
>>
>>342085616
Third one shoots straight
>>
>>342083496
I wanna dispute this because I fucking love Oswald, but after thinking about it for a few seconds I really can't. Cornelius is busted, velvet is squishy but has options for days, and gwen is at best a toss up. Damn.
>>
>>342084810
This is a good assessment. I will say though that some of the trials for the later characters help add freshness. I laughed when mercedes outright got contra levels and slime boss trial for oswald was probably my favorite fight in the game so far.
>>
>>342086243
Slime boss is an absolute joke if you use the swirly snake beam, nightmare blast I think.

Protip, use a high rank gold potion before fighting it and it'll shit money.
>>
File: eyes falling out of head.jpg (43 KB, 252x388) Image search: [Google]
eyes falling out of head.jpg
43 KB, 252x388
I finally got to try the demo on Vita and it feels very repetitive, like even more repetitive than Muramasa.
Also, everything felt too small as though it didn't really work that well on a Vita screen.

It's kind of worrying because I was pretty excited for the game.
>>
I wish it was just a 30 hour Cornelius game since he's the funnest to play.
>>
Velvet's kinda weird to play as. Still getting used to her
>>
>>342087272
>Curbstomp all of Cornelius' bosses throughout his story
>Get to the apocalypse
>Fighting bosses that require you to attack a stationary position in the air
So this is where fun goes to die.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.