[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do feminists like Anita complain about zelda not being playable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (170 KB, 736x589) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
170 KB, 736x589
Why do feminists like Anita complain about zelda not being playable or being a cliché damsel?

Zelda was the main/only playable character in Wand of Gamelon.

She was integral to the gameplay in Spirit tracks as she possesses the phantoms to help link climb the tower of spirits.

She shoots ganon with the light arrows in Twilight Princess.

She shoots ganon with the light arrows in Wind Waker and was a fucking pirate.

She becomes sheik, teaches link all the teleportation songs, defends link 1v1 against Bongobongo, and gives link the light arrows in Ocarina of Time.

The only zelda game where zelda does absolutely nothing that is actually trope ridden and cliché is Zelda II, but that's done obviously/ in jest. the game is literally rescue sleeping beauty: the game.
>>
File: 1466308870036.jpg (44 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
1466308870036.jpg
44 KB, 500x385
>>342072519
Reminder
>>
Because Bait Lords and Controversy Brewers don't care about the specifics
>>
>>342072519
To quote The Simpsons:

"A woman wants to be heard, not corrected."
>>
File: Zelda, Right and Wrong.png (952 KB, 2436x800) Image search: [Google]
Zelda, Right and Wrong.png
952 KB, 2436x800
>>342072519
>The only zelda game where zelda does absolutely nothing that is actually trope ridden and cliché is Zelda II

And LoZ, ALttP, FSA, MC, SS, ALBW

People complain because for a title character her importance to the series never really amounts to much despite very few exceptions (the ones you just named). It's frustrating because it's something Nintendo can easily fix but really don't (or can't) do for whatever excuse they can give.
>>
>>342072668
Honestly, I dont think any of the nintendo girls are guilty of anything indicative of patriarchy or misogyny. Except Candy Kong, who is literally Donkey Kong's slut ex-girlfriend who ran off with funky kong, but you dont see any gamer journalists complaining about how Candy Kong being an actual slut is misogynistic.
>>
>>342073416
Of course they aren't, they're indicative of having simple and straightforward stories common for the time.

If you say something's hateful enough times though I guess it's true. It's like Bloody Mary or something but with baseless paranoia.
>>
>>342072519

>Wand of Gamelon

Wasn't made by Nintendo and it sucked so hard barely anyone's played it.

>possesses the phantoms to help link climb the tower of spirits/gives him light arrows in Ocarina of Time

Yeah, making the man do all the work since she can't do it I guess.

>Shoots light arrows

Bows are the typical girl weapon. Yes yes I know, they require great strength to use in real life, but nobody takes a bow user seriously in media. Look at Legolas; he's the most badass bow user ever and he's still a fruit.

>defends link 1v1 against Bongobongo

When did this happen?
>>
>>342073856
>Nobody take now users seriously.
Don't even pretend that Rambo and Hawkeye don't exist nigga.
>>
>>342073856
Before shadow temple, there is a cutscene where bongo bongo escapes from the bottom of the well.
>>
>>342072639
kek
>>
>>342074190

>Hawkeye

Are you kidding me? You're looking to convince be with the biggest joke of the Avengers?

>Rambo

I'm sure when everyone thinks of how badass Rambo is, they're thinking of him holding his bow, rather than a huge gun.

>>342074205

Wait, you mean the scene where she's standing in front of a well and then gets grabbed and knocked unconscious?
>>
>>342072519
Wind Waker is literally the only legit taco. I don't care if you're a bigot against Mexicans or not, Taco Bell is fucking shit and you should feel like shit if you like it.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.