[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Playing this with a friend, it is a blast. Why did this get so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1
File: Resident_Evil_5_Box_Artwork.jpg (132 KB, 256x314) Image search: [Google]
Resident_Evil_5_Box_Artwork.jpg
132 KB, 256x314
Playing this with a friend, it is a blast. Why did this get so much hate? It is like RE4 co-op.
>>
>>342059604
Mechanically it's about the same, but in terms of level design I'm more of a fan of 4.
>>
>>342059742
Why does this game get so much hate?
It is a survival action game just like RE4.
>>
>>342059604
RE5 is good. The hate was mostly just people being contrary.
>>
>>342059604
Probablybecause it had the fucking worst inventory system and partner "AI" ever created
>>
>>342059604
Level design and inventory system are a lot worse. Also while the coop is great if you play it with someone else, it hinders the single player experience completely.

I imagine a lot of the people who hated it hate it because they couldn't play it with someone else. I had a lot of fun playing it coop, but the thing is that it is so much worse by yourself that it lost all replay value for me because of it.
>>
>>342059604
hate because of forced shit ai in singleplayer

coop is fucking great though
>>
The game should have been RE4: Chris Redfield Edition but due to people getting triggered by him shooting black people, Sheva was added and bam, co-op.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxJbz_3PKQo
>>
high 8/10 if you play it coop
average 5/10 if you play singleplayer
>>
>>342059604
It falls apart in the second half, and playing the game single player is a complete chore. Co-op is pretty fun, though; I've certainly seen worse from the Resident Evil series.
>>
>>342059604

It's because they took out the only real difficult part of the game: being alone. I fucking loved it though but that's because I have friends.
>>
I really hated the African setting
>>
>>342059604
It is a lot of fun with a friend.

Without a friend, it's awful. The partner AI is terrible and they will happily run into the middle of hordes of enemies or stand directly in front of bosses before quickly using up all of your herbs and dying.

The game is also generally a step down from RE4. It doesn't compare favorably in terms of enemy design, environments, weapons, etc.
>>
>>342059604
Great co-op with huge campaign.
Great mercs mode.

the single player experience does indeed suck ass though. i tried it once, and once was enough.
>>
Playing co-op solves one of the game's major issues, which was the attocious partner AI. I honestly think they might have recycled some of the pathing code from Dead Rising, because I saw Sheva make some of the same brain dead moves survivors in Dead Rising did.

Shame there's no way to fix the floaty ass controls.
>>
>>342059604
Because what they planned in the development stage is so much better
>>
>>342061494
I liked it, especially the crocs and WOO-LOO-LOO's.
>>
>>342063669
>kill croc
>no loot
At least I can kill cockroach and get treasure from them
>>
>>342059604
I liked it, I even platinum'ed the game without playing online at all. I don't remember AI Sheva being that bad but I did have to save her a few times on the hardest difficulty.
>>
If it was single player and had a decent inventory system it would have been only slightly below RE4.

Playing how it is single player isn't nearly as great since the AI can and will waste ammo.

Playing with a partner is fun but on PC there isn't any more couch co op since they removed the code.

I don't like online.
>>
>>342059604
Everyone keeps saying Sheva was worthless, I honestly never had a problem with her AI.

Played RE4 and 5 last year, and I have to say 4 feels more casual and is a lot less tense since you can pause the game, pick a gun/healing item and go back at it.

In 5 you only get to pick a certain amount of weapons and healing items and have to switch/heal during battle, which lead to more engaging survival situations, imo of course.
>>
It's excellent with a friend. Especially in the harder difficulty modes. The AI can NOT handle the higher modes though and you'll die over and over.
>>
That the problem OP, the co-op isnt optional if you want the best experience
>>
>the inventory is bad

Tired of this meme.
>>
>>342064289
>>342064384
I'm a bit curious as to what made your experience with the partner AI so different from mine. When playing single player, 99.9% of the difficulty came from the need to babysit Sheva constantly. The game would be dramatically easier if she didn't exist. No matter what weapons she was given, she always found ways to eat as many enemy attacks as was physically possible. Every single game over I ever received was from Sheva dying.
>>
>>342059604
Level design is worse, having certain characters facing one direction rather than the other is stupid, and the inventory was shit.

I'm sure it's fine with two players, but with an AI buddy it's also kinda shit because the AI will heal you for no reason, steal all your ammo, and always use pistols until you sell her pistol, at which point she actually uses whatever weapons you give her.

But yeah, my brother and I had a lot of fun with mercs.
>>
Thinking about getting this. How good is the splitscreen co-op? Does it run fine or should I wait for it to come to PS4?
>>
>>342065346
Run's alright, though it segments the screen in a somewhat strange way that I personally really enjoyed
>>
>>342060863
This, holy shit, it's impossible to play alone on higher difficulties because the retarded AI partner gets killed everytime
>>
>>342059604
Because it's only good when played co-op, as opposed to being good solo and co-op.
>>
>>342059604
Some people think RE should be about horror despite that not being the case since arguably RE2.
>>
Although 4 was the start of RE's change from horror to action-horror, the shift to having 2 people around, playing mainly during daytime instead of wandering around creepy villages/castles, and generally being mobbed by more enemies and having to mow them down really fucked the atmosphere that can make or break a horror game.
I had fun with 5, but it was hugely disappointing from a horror perspective.
>>
>>342065896
Even when they became less horror focused, the survival aspect was still there: With exception of maybe RE3, you could kill every enemy, and still had to pick and choose your battles.
>>
>>342066561
Agreed, later RE's instilled a sense of power by being able to just mow through enemies en masse. Part of a good horror game, movie etc. is about feeling powerless against a terrifying force.
I think amnesia and games like it took it a bit too far by taking away any kind of recourse, but RE5-6 is at the opposite end of the spectrum.
>>
>>342066561
No it wasn't. RE2 gave you enough ammo to kill everything in the game multiple times, and it only got worse from there.
>>
It's not bad but it feels very derivative of 4 while being worse, there's a lot more bad sections and bosses. You can see traces of what would mutate into RE6 in that 10 minute long turret section chapter.
The lack of horror doesn't bother me because the series had been mostly action with spooky monster designs since 2.
>>
>>342066971
In the second half, I agree, but y that point you would anyway of you were rationing properly.
>>
>>342067293
You don't have to ration anything. Just kill everything you see and save yourself the trouble.

Fuck, you get nearly 100 handgun rounds before even reaching RPD.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.